Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I once rode a horse to Staceys on 191, can I dictate rifle optics too?

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Canazes9
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
David,

Regretfully, my backpack hunting is mostly done in the colder, bigger mountains to the north. Sucks that I get to buy a $50 OTC ram tag every year, too. I better sell my Montanas and look for some Albertas...

That's a shame Jordan, I'm sure you're missing out. Please take your excessively heavy scopes off of your Montanas and mount fly weight scopes immediately. Don't make the Kimber Mintana police come pay you a visit...

David

It's too bad, that 3-9x SS replaced a perfectly good Leup 6x. Such a shame.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
I better sell my Montanas and look for some Albertas...

They make Albertas now?? Where can I order one? I used a NULA with a PM II on it last year, but not in Montana, only Alaska. I call my rifle "The Alaskan." I made that up, by the way.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Doesn't look like a Montana to me with the stubby barrel and all.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It looks like an Ascent or an Adriondack. Hell of a nice rifle either way.

I use a somewhat heavy scope for a lot of mountain hunting, in Montana, in addition to a lot of lighter scopes.

Like normal, Brad is talking out his highfalutin, proper and refined ass. He always thinks his way is soooooo much better and more hardcore than anyone else. Him and Calvin should get together and ass spelunk each other. They're both hardcore into that kind of adventure.

Last edited by T_Inman; 04/15/16. Reason: Auto "correct" sucketa ballz

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Backroads
I wish I could hunt in the mountains with a Montucky.
[Linked Image]

So a day-hike cow hunt (on a private ranch?) equates to a mountain backpack hunt?

Hmmm.

As I said, "that explains it."

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Can't fully get the point of a flyweight like the MT on flatland hunts in AK, NM, AB or MT... but that's obviously just me. I'll always take more rifle weight on the flats.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I always shoot cows, I hunt for elk for meat. Bird hunting with a pointer is for fun!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I always shoot cows, I hunt for elk for meat. Bird hunting with a pointer is for fun!

It's all about fun and games, and you only have yourself to please.

When I think of a lightweight I think of high mountains. Not flatland hunting. You apparently differ, which is fine. But I also don't get a 1000 yard scope on a 500 yard rifle.

But I never thought 38DD bolt-on's are right on a 100lb woman either...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Brad

LOL. I was married to one. All tits and no azz.

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

It's all about fun and games, and you only have yourself to please.

When I think of a lightweight I think of high mountains. Not flatland hunting. You apparently differ, which is fine.

Dude, the 8 oz difference in scope choice definitely makes you a bad ass. The guys that I hunt with will stash whiskey in your pack that weighs more than that.
Not that you have to worry about friends hunting with you. whistle

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Night Force

Magnification: Range 2.5 - 10 x
Adjustment Click Value: 0.25 MOA
Reticle: MOAR
Reticle Type: Illuminated

$1,746.00 wink
3 left, order now!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Not that you have to worry about friends hunting with you. whistle

Not a formal friend, but I'd hunt with Brad. wink

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by EdM
Doesn't look like a Montana to me with the stubby barrel and all.

Its not... It's a Surgeon Tactical Long Action just painted to look like a Montana...

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Only if you have the right scope.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Brad you poor poor(literally) STUPID Fhuqk. Mebbe cite what it is that you "do" for a "living",that "grants" you "all" this "Outdoor" "opportunity"...to hone your Imagination and Pretend. It will be funnier than fhuqk. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You have less than ZERO fhuqking inkling and your Flat Landing Pavement Pounding Vagina Monologue,is simply fhuqking HILARIOUS! With a running headstart and a tailwind,you couldn't knock the new offa used pair of boots...but your couchbound kchunt certainly is hell on hour meters. Laughing!

I mighta had to do some 270 Maintenance today. Hint. The transition to 49.5 Mils remaining on the erector from it's 200yd zero,prolly don't suck,though you'll haveta Google it. Pardon the windshield offering more than your phony fhuqking Reupold 2.5-8x can begin to muster,as well as the option of illumination should the scenario dictate the whim. Hint.

Didn't take too long to shoot out the OEM 223 spout and the 270 spout is already crowding 2000 105's digested and it's not even 6 months old yet. Have never taken it Outdoors and ALWAYS shoot from within a covered Range.

Laughing!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Mighta spiffed a Six Twat-Six too and at least you can "afford" to read about it and look at the pics,you "lucky" kchunt.

Laughing!

[Linked Image]

While you were Whining your Clueless Concrete Chronicles,someone was prolly schleppin' a Montucky on the prowl,until dark. Pardon my wingman not being worth a fhuqk with my camera.

Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Looking forward to your next Whine and a fresh batch of Excuses,as you talk out your ass about all the things you've never seen,or let alone done. Pardon my totin' a rifle daily and with only 6 months of vacation a year to do so. Hint.

Lemme give you another leetle HINT...I've prolly seen a couple/few Reupolds and the 2.5-8x was never even a fhuqking candidate. Hint.

Bless your heart,you AMAZINGLY Stupid Fhuqk.

Wow +P++!

Laughing!................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Sorry I caused all the bickering. Let me say that I hunt the mountains of northern PA and I figured why carry a heavier gun than I have too. I'm not getting any younger and this was a good excuse to buy a gun. And, Whittaker's helped a little bit, too. Now I just need a decent scope to go with it. I used Leupolds all of my life but like the ruggedness of the NF. Actually thought about just sticking a 4X on it as that's really all I need. But it is nice to have the option of turning up the power.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Can't fully get the point of a flyweight like the MT on flatland hunts in AK.....

You can't get the point that you're not the only one who hunts in the mountains. Who said anything about a "flatland" hunt in AK?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Sure it will work,you just have to decide how light you want it to be.

Exactly. For those who say "why buy a light rifle and put a heavy scope on it," my answer is, so that the rifle/scope combination is a pound or two lighter than it would have been with a heavier rifle.

This is my view of putting a bipod on a lightweight as well.

When hunting 80-90% of the time the rifle is in my hands so a heavier rifle(to begin with) doesn't make much sense to me. And a bipod makes the MT's easier to shoot, win/win...

I also finally saw the light and bought an uber lightweight over/under shotgun. Don't miss carrying the larger/heavier gun one bit.

That said I have 2.5-8x36's and a 6x36 on my Kimbers and they work just fine for a non-spinning Neanderthal.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I have that same scope on my MT 7-08. The 7-08 is just as accurate as the NULA in .260, but I knew I might have to dial and the tracking of the two scopes was not a contest so I took the NULA to AK, heavier scope and all.

Some may be shocked to know that I also drink beer with Brie, but there you have it. I do raise my pinky off the beer bottle though.

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

703 members (163dm, 160user, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 163bc, 12344mag, 66 invisible), 3,146 guests, and 1,355 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,581
Posts18,454,119
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.