-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Stick...I didn't want to have to play this card, but you're being mean now...

[Linked Image]

And get your facts straight, Im not sitting on the couch!....I'm in an office chair...that swivels!

[Linked Image]

And these moving pics weren't plagiarized...thats really me!

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
GB1

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
'schtick
I see little point in describing machining or set-up techniques to you because there is little chance you would understand the description. Truing a Savage is just the same as truing a 700 and is not a bad idea becaue the bolt heads do not always float significantly. Ultimately, you still want the bolt face to be perpendicular to the axis and parallel to the locking surfaces. I'm sure you can easily design the fixturing and determine how to best set up the bolt head to accomplish this. Having completed this task, you then have to assemle the bolt to be sure the bolt body isn't far enough off to not allow the bolt head to sit as it should (shockingly, Savage quality control is not always top drawer) but you know all of this. One great aspect of the Savage action, in comparison to the Remington, for instance, is that the sear does not influence the attitude of the bolt body.
When it comes to scope adjustments, I confess to not having any issues which create any real concerns for me but I do agree with your statement that the T-16 "absaolutely SMOKES" Leupold tracking. Wally Seibert said the T series scopes were the best scopes, mechanically, that he had seen and I can't see why I would dispute this. Nonetheless, I have three of the Leupolds, made over a span of about thirty years, and they suit me OK.
You haven't seen the bullets I try because you don't open your bleary eyes and look. That is the only explanation I can think of.
What else? Oh yes, McGowen. This particular barrel is actually one which I probably should not have accepted becaue it was not straight. I like the guys though and they have been good to me so I took it anyway. Besides, apart from the difficulty in set-up, a curved bore doesn't always have all that much effect anyway. One MRC barrel I used was way crooked yet shot as well as any barrel of that weight (#2 Shilen contour)I have seen. It was a 221 Fireball built on a 722. Anyway, this particulat McGowen isn't perfectly straigh but the internal finish is excellent and it showed no movement when it was contoured. By the way, I am also shooting a thirty and an 8mm I got in the same batch and they are excellent barrels; straight, smooth, and uniform.
Ya' know, 'stickless, we've already derailed this thread way too much so if you want to converse firther or if you want machining lessons, start another. GD

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Big Stick

[Linked Image]

This picture is great. How many inches did you have to cut off them pantlegs to get them to fit Stick?

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by bellydeep
Originally Posted by Big Stick

[Linked Image]

This picture is great. How many inches did you have to cut off them pantlegs to get them to fit Stick?

one top of field cleaning your rifle, the Schtick Way...

and showing what he uses to field clean himself after having to take a dump in the Schtick Family Outhouse & Library...

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
416 Rigby?

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sammo,

The Iggle has landed and once I get all the parcels opened and sorted,I'll redirect towards loading the crummy up,for early AM Splendors.

Water volumes is Skookum,Booners is on the prowl and this R&R will be nothing shy of EPIC.

Hint................

'gwe,

Plagiarize any which way you are compelled.

Batteries is chargin',OneShot is soakin',Terminal Tackle is splayed for final adaptations and I've a few new Toys to slam together.

Use your Imagination and Pretend you ain't gonna hang on EVERY word and pixel.

Laughing!..............

'dog,

You are simply a CLUELESS Lying Piece Of fhuqking Schit...on your "best" day. Congratulations?!?

VERY good call to refrain come-ups and particulars and instead talk out your ass. I enjoy that you have to quote someone else's thoughts,to "talk" scopes. Laughing!

REALLY enjoyed the Bent Barrel Chronicles...you poor poor(literally) STUPID fhuqk. Wow+P++!!

I'm ripping mail open as fast as I can. Got gypped on the color scheme I ordered,but like the wrong one and will rock the schit outta it. Need to weight the butt for the pending build and it'll fhuqking shine brightly.

Hint.

[Linked Image]

The massaged 54 arrived,with it's 75MOA extended 1913 rail anchored with (10) fasteners. I ain't much fretting a wiggle,when I go to flogging on it in the morning. Trying to decide on what color to rattlecan it. Decisions...decisions.

Hint.

[Linked Image]

The 2.865" COAL Krunchenticker mags arrived and compelled me to bump RPM to 1-7" 5R. 20" to a crown,.750" block,S/S,yada,yada. Google it. Laughing!

Hopefully,it'll arrive early next week.

[Linked Image]

You'd need a co-signer for the shipping peanuts.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!................

'deep,

Cite what you "do" for a "living",that enables you to know sooooooooooo fhuqking little,about soooooooooooo fhuqking much. Congratulations?!?

I getta kick outta your Imagination and Pretend,you "lucky" Do NOTHING Kchunt.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!....................

Shefire,

I'll feign my "surprise"...that all of your thoughts in my regard,have me scantily clad. Congratulations!

You LUCKY kchunt.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!..............

'man,

Tough to beat a 105 Hornie HPBT.

Even at LFB velocities.

[Linked Image]

Hint.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Just sayin'.

Hint.

Laughing!.......................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Lil Sticky,
You still have a lot of work to do. Once in a while you peck out something which is almost intelligible but then, like the mirage it is, it's gone. Poof. I'm not sure you aren't regressing.
I'm suspecting you struggled with Dick and Jane as a youngster then just skipped the rest. Don't give up though.
The day will come when you will be able to converse with the big boys. Pics OK but just a bit underwhelming. GD

C
CBB Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Well, this turned into a great thread. Definitely not bored anymore! LMAO!

Anyway, in an effort to increase my love for the .243 I went shopping. Picked up a can of H414 at the advice of a buddy. Also got some 95gr NBT and 80gr TTSX.

Also going to take the advice of some here and shoot it some....

Sure the 'stick will be along soon to tell me how wrong I am.

Hunt...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
CBB be sure and try reloader 17 out before you mass produce any one load. The 95 NBT and H4350 had been my go to load. Zerged deer very nicely with a 2930 avg fps. Switched to 105 Hornady BTHP and RL17. With a 22" barrel I'm getting 2980 fps avg, no pressure signs and tight groups. Hadn't zerged anything yet with the 105s but I take it on good authority that they do well even on square shoulder shots.

IC B3

C
CBB Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
I have been on the lookout for 4350, RL22 17 AND 19. Shops here are sold out. I may have to make the long trek to the big shop a couple hours away.

Need to start stocking up when I find it.

Hunt...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
'deep,

Cite what you "do" for a "living",that enables you to know sooooooooooo fhuqking little,about soooooooooooo fhuqking much. Congratulations?!?

I getta kick outta your Imagination and Pretend,you "lucky" Do NOTHING Kchunt.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!....................

----------------------------------

I've kind of got a Big Lebowski/Cosmo Kramer thing goin on.

Which reminds me, I need to go get more food stamps tomorrow.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I recently took a plunge and bought 8pounds of 4451 which is one of the Enduron powders from IMR. With a burn rate similar to 4350, it should be perfect for the cartridges in which I would normally use that powder. We shall see. Relatively fine grained so will meter well. Also, it is denser than 4350 so in those cartridges where capacity was borderline for 4350, this might be good. I would think it should pair upwell with 80-85 grain bullets in the 243. GD

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

653 members (12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 1eyedmule, 73 invisible), 2,531 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,683
Posts18,456,356
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.