Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
J
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
For sale is Winchester Model 12, s/n 1,751,xxx, which corresponds to a shotgun produced in 1959. It's a 2.75" full choke field model with a 30" plain barrel...okay, one of the most common shotguns produced by WRA.

The good part is that it's never been reblued, or had a recoil pad or a poly-choke added. It features a solid 97% of its original blue and varnish finish; most of the blue wear is a soft thinning of the finish on the right side of the chamber area of the barrel and the magazine tube, in no way unattractive...right where a right-handed hunter would carry it at its point of balance. Original hard rubber "Winchester" buttplate.

If you've been looking for something like this you know how hard it is to find one that: 1) Hasn't been messed with (see above), or 2) Hasn't been used to the point where the original finish is but a memory.

I'm asking $650 shipped (CONUS) for this classic. I haven't had any luck posting pictures on this site, but can send you as many as you like...just email me at the following "e-dress":

johnnyo55hotmail.com

I've also posted this on the Gunboards "Trader" forum, along with photos.

Personal check or MO is fine for payment, along with FFL or C&R, as this is over 50 years old. If you use another's FFL, make sure that they'll accept shipment from a non-FFL holder.

Last edited by johnnyo55; 04/16/16.
GB1

J
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
BTT

J
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
BTT...will consider reasonable offers. Please note that photos are displayed on the Gunboards' "Trader" forum...just moved it to the top.

Last edited by johnnyo55; 04/22/16.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I bought a stock from John and I feel he really screwed me. He said the stock was really nice, but had no pictures. When I tried to return it he said he was in the business to make money. I feel he REALLY screwed me. I'm out $220 for a stock I have no use for.

Last edited by Bugger; 04/22/16.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
J
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
In response to Bugger's attempt at character assassination:

1) I emailed him a selection of photos directly...the stock was what I represented it to be, a factory Model 70 Super Express stock from the mid-'90's in excellent plus condition. I sold it to him at a price which was considerably less than my asking. I even asked as to whether he was comfortable bedding it to his rifle.

2) He contacted me two weeks after I had shipped him (Priority mail) the stock, saying that he wanted to return it...and, oh, by the way, he had scratched the finish when opening the box!

3) My response to him was NOT "I'm in the business to make money"; rather, I replied that "I'm NOT a business, and do not offer refunds."

4) I asked him in my email what exactly was wrong with the stock, to which he replied "I can't use it." My feeling is that perhaps he found a stock he liked better for less money.

If: a) he had contacted me within a few days (3 days is customary, no?) of receiving the stock b) explained the nature of his dissatisfaction, and c) had not damaged the stock, I might have been more willing to work with him on a return. As it was, however, he just basically said "Take it back, I don't want it." Two weeks later.

The stock was described exhaustively in the original posting. The only reason I didn't post pictures is that I am unable to post directly on this forum. I CAN do so on Gunboards, and noted same in the listing. And, as I noted before, I sent high quality photos directly!

Let's act like the adults we are here, okay??

Last edited by johnnyo55; 04/22/16.
IC B2

J
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Back to the top with final price reduction...now $525 shipped. For photos, see the Gunboards "Trader" forum.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (2003and2013, 10Glocks, 222Sako, 163bc, 16Racing, 1badf350, 60 invisible), 2,522 guests, and 1,334 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,675
Posts18,456,145
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.