Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
F
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
F
All this Nightforce talk has me curious to what scopes you guys have on your .223 Montanas. It's a different beast, so do the rules change?

GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Whacha gonna use it for? I just put a 3x9 I had around on my 223 and it worked out fine for me for shooting varmints out to 300-400 yds.

Last edited by bangeye; 04/19/16.
V
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
V
I just put a Leupold VX-III 3.5-10x40 on my Montana .223 with duplex reticle, it is what I had laying around. The rifle balances very well with that scope. I have not used the gun yet.

I am considered putting a SWFA 6x MQ on it but the weight made me think I should just as well have a Nightforce NXS 2.5-10x42 on it and have more for the same weight. Obviously there is a considerable money difference that I would have to overcome.

My plan is to use the gun around the farm to shoot groundhogs and coyotes, plus whatever else needs killing.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I have a 6X SS mil-quad on my .223 Montana. No regrets.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a VX2 4-12 on mine.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Currently wearing a LRHS 3-12
[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by FritoBandito
All this Nightforce talk has me curious to what scopes you guys have on your .223 Montanas. It's a different beast, so do the rules change?

I'm not a NightFarce Guy,mainly because I've shot 'em.(grin)

As 223 and 223AI Montucky's go,in both OEM and Custom spouts(at issued length and shortened to 21"),I've only shot Reupold 6x42's,1" 3.5-10x 40mm's(both with and without A/O),Reupold MK4 M3 3.5-10x,Reupold MK4 M1 3.5-10x,Subtension Fixed Illuminatti's,6x MQ Fixed Fhuqkers,6x MD Fixed Fhuqkers,10x MQ Fixed Fhuqkers and 10x MD Fixed Fhuqkers...offa the top of my head.

The 6x MQ steals the show,especially for threading needles. BUT,if you are setting it up to be a dedicated Tag Puncher,the Illuminatti do rate a fhuqking thunk.

My OEM Montucky 223 finally mandated a rebarrel and I had better than 10,000rds+ of 6x MQ Fixed Fhuqker fun through it,but had different glass upon it prior for more round count. Poked a Bartlein 1-8" 18" 270 spout on it,geared expressly for 105's and haven't had it but mebbe 4 months or so and only have a coupla thousand 105's through it,the Lion's share of which were steered ala 6x MQ Fixed Fhuqker. Poked an Illuminatti on it the other day and have whistled 300rds+ through it these last few days and am diggin' the notion. Haven't had the weather to shoot it out past the 1500yd line,but the itty-bitty bitch assuredly fhuqks with heads and "HOLY Fhuqking Schit!" is an oft used descriptor,by them who've seen/shot it.

DD Signatures and an ass lift,arrange nice favors to erectors at 70MOA inclination total. In OEM 223 and a 225yd zero,it eeked 42.7 Mils of erector travel ala 6x MQ. With the new spout and Illuminatti,there's 49.5 Mils of erector after a 200yd zero. Them is nice "problems" to have. Hint.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Sadly,I've broken too many of these.

[Linked Image]

Splendid Specimens have long loved to coddle The Blue Bitch.

[Linked Image]

With 20,000rds+ total through the receiver,she's just now starting to knock the new off and some of that high luster shine,is starting to fade.

Laughing!

As she sets today,all Illuminatti'd up and ready for War.

[Linked Image]

Hope to lace a Booner Bear with it this evening and am hoping it's heavy cloud cover,some fog,some rain and deep shadows...so I get an excuse to flick the Illumination on.(grin)

Film at 11:00...................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Sugar tits you stupid turd you always pick the literal so please tell more about the "scopes you shoot". Personally I shoot rifles and the scope is an aiming device. Point your finger and pull your thumb up now go bang I guess you can shoot a hand too, all be damned. Laughing
Poke poke poke

Been busy killnshit so forgive me for not having time to slide you a soap box. Here you go little guy.

OP a 2.5x8 Leupold vx3 would look and handle well on the Montana I just put one on my RAR in 223.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by fredIII; 04/19/16.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Scope it for how you'll use it.

6x42 LRD has been all I've used on a .223 Montana. It's taken a beating on ATV's and tractors...no zero change yet. Works well for quick shots at ranges less than 400 and will help keep the Montana light if that matters to you.

If you're wanting to dial and you're not counting oz's I'd have a hard time looking at anything but the 6x SS.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Here's a 84M VX3 12x40 in talley LWs (mediums) I have a new K6 to put on after the load work is done.

This one has the LR duplex reticle which is about perfect, it's so good the K6 may go on another project.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ClaysEtc
Here's a 84M VX3 12x40 in talley LWs (mediums) I have a new K6 to put on after the load work is done.

This one has the LR duplex reticle which is about perfect, it's so good the K6 may go on another project.

[Linked Image]
who [ainted that ...very nice

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
I don't shoot at the ranges Boxer does so don't need dials.

Leupold FXII 6x36mm LRD is my choice; love the utility of it!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My .223 was rebarreled awhile back, but it started with a Burris Signature 8-32X. When that failed I installed a Tasco World Class 6-24X40 and then got a good deal on a Weaver 6-24X40. The Tasco is the best value by far, but I really like the positive clicks on the Weaver.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by fredIII
Sugar tits you stupid turd you always pick the literal so please tell more about the "scopes you shoot". Personally I shoot rifles and the scope is an aiming device. Point your finger and pull your thumb up now go bang I guess you can shoot a hand too, all be damned. Laughing
Poke poke poke

Been busy killnshit so forgive me for not having time to slide you a soap box. Here you go little guy.

OP a 2.5x8 Leupold vx3 would look and handle well on the Montana I just put one on my RAR in 223.

[Linked Image]

Trying to figure out just what the heck this means.....? At 9:30 in the morning to boot. I'm thinking it means FredIII has never shot a Montana and is giving advise anyway. He11, it's never stopped him before...

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ringman
My .223 was rebarreled awhile back, but it started with a Burris Signature 8-32X. When that failed I installed a Tasco World Class 6-24X40 and then got a good deal on a Weaver 6-24X40. The Tasco is the best value by far, but I really like the positive clicks on the Weaver.

Oh.

My.

Science.

Last edited by Higbean; 04/19/16.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Big Stick
As she sets today,all Illuminatti'd up and ready for War.

[Linked Image]

Tape on the scope doesn't match. You color blind or somethin'?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
For sub 400 yard shooting I am sold on a 6x with LR dots.

Hunting scope.

F
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
F
Appreciate all the feedback.

To answer an earlier question, mine will be used for varmints and predators.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Sugar tit's clit has spoken, as to never shot or owned a Montana you got me. heck who makes them things anyway savage. crazy. but as of current they are of no use to me I moved my two long a go just not what I dig.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
20x sure is nice for rats and chucks but my 10x ss has been doing good as well.

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Love that you are digging the 10x SS....

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
They are great for the money never said they weren't. Got one on my 22-250 with RL 15 and 40gn bt rock chucks nuke at 300 yard line. Red mist marks the hits.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Fredrica,

Your impressive list of very WELL founded insecurities and AMAZING Do NOTHING Dumbfhuqkery,never disappoints,in it's oblivious hilarity. Congratulations?!?

If only to burst yet another of your bubbles,the Reupold 2.5-8x is an EPIC Goat Fhuqk Piece Of Fhuqking Schit. That due simply to zero retention,tracking and return to zero...if only for starters. Hint.

In fairness,I've not shot nearly as "many" RAR's as you,though I've sure as fhuqk have shot a schit ton more. Ain't that a "coincidence",due Montuckys as well?!? You'd need a co-signer for the muzzle tape. Hint. Laughing!

Here's to the HILARITY of you doing your best,as you Whine Vagina Monolgue after Vagina Monologue,to quantify how your "means","abilities" and "experience" wouldn't wet the bottom of a thimble.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!.................

'CUBIC,

The REUPOLD LRD sucks ass in all flavors and cain't begin to hold a candle to anything worth a fhuqk.

For starters,cite 100yd LRD 6x42 subtension values,if only because it will be fhuqking FUNNY. Hint.

The archaeic nature of the Goat Fhuqk,really is EPIC fhuqking hilarity,as it's predicated upon Joe Average being very STUPID. Hint.

The Illuminatti and it's CONCISE Mil scale,which jives exactly with it's 1/10 Mil erector,for over (3) 6x42's total erector fhuqking travel,ain't tough to swoon. Read that again. Now one more time. Take a deep breath and realize that the Illuminatti weighs the same as a Reupold 6x42 and costs less,while offering an illuminated reticle. Just sayin'. Hint. Laughing!

My rifles are Safe Queens too! Have only puked (3) follower springs,on this particular receiver alone. Hint.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Though in fairness,I've receivers that on their 5th spout..............

Clays,

The Reupold 12x 1" bitch,is a fickle fhuqk and TENDER. That besides their being embarrassingly shy in erector travel,zero retention(due tube length) and return to zero...as well as their A/O's being an accident waiting to happen. It'd be amongst my LAST choices on a Montucky,mainly because I own said glass and said rifle. Hint.

I also suffer more than a few T-Series Weavers and of course a fhuqking few POS K 6's. The T's certainly had their day and in their day...they were stellar. The K's have ALWAYS sucked and always will. Hint.

Now don't "tell" Fredrica,that there's a RAR in this pic. Laughing!

Reupold 12x A/O aboard a 77/22 17HMR(GM SillyWet spout and Custom handle,RB trigger,yada yada).

[Linked Image]

I could prolly add a LOT more fuel,to the fire.

Like mebbe an AMT 10/22 all juiced up. This receiver is not threaded,though my other is. Google it.

[Linked Image]

Bless your heart.

efw,

The Reupold 6x36 sucks at ALL ranges. I keep one for giggles and INSTANT feedback,aboard a RWS Diana 34 pellet rifle,along with a K 2.5 on another RWS,if only to extrapolate to a 10x Fixed Fhuqker on yet another(FWB 300S). Side by each comparisons,are NEVER not intellesting.(grin)

[Linked Image]

There is in actuality,very little utility in the parcel. Pardon my having everything cited and lotsa stuff that has yet to be mentioned.

Hint.....................

Ringmam,

Your AMAZING Stupidity,never disappoints in it's EPIC grandeur. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Laughing!..........

DD,

Color Matching is more difficult for me,than most...because I've only (1) rifle and only (1) scope.

[Linked Image]

Laughing!................

Sammo,

Describe how YOU align them 6x42 LRD dots.

Be CAREFUL,in citing the boolit,zero,velocity and subtension...in NO fhuqking particular order.

Laughing!

Bless your heart............

'Bandito,

Buy what Fredrica,Jeff-O,Ringmam,Shefire and Salvage99 say...if only because between 'em,they shoot [bleep] fhuqking nearly a WHOLE box of 20rds of ammo a year!

Don'cha' worry...they'll have picture "proof" of the splendors too.

LAUGHING!......................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Thanks for mentioning me in your diatribe there Stumpy...I'm honored... but I have to ask since you never seem to mention it... is how does all of this rust on the magazine, the follower, the barrel, the bolt etc...help with the accuracy of all your rifles?

I mean, all of your rifles seem to have plenty of it... so I'm sure it has to add to all the accuracy you always claim...

do rusty rings make these Super Chickens shoot better???

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Shefire,

It'll come as a "surprise" only to you and those of your ilk,that weather simply happens,when one is trying to wear out the Outdoors. Fortunately for you...you get to follow closely and read every word and gawk every splendid pixel,you "lucky" kchunt. Congratulations?!?

Never been tough to cypher who shoots and who don't. Hint. Laughing!

Rifles ONLY shoot loose,they do NOT shoot tight. Hint. Read that again. Now one more time. Best Google it,for good measure too. Laughing!

Now as to Precision,bore condition is what's paramount and I read somewhere that folks can actually tape their muzzles,to eschew damaging a land/groove,prevent bore obstruction and to keep some dampness from said nether region. Also read somewhere,that ACTUALLY shooting,might just dry 'em out and one can cypher POA/POI sanctity at the same time and extrapolate them findings in compare/contrast of numerous other platforms...because in the REAL World,not all wares is equal nor close. Hint. Read that again. Now one more time. Best Google it,for good measure too. Laughing!

For long shot strings,harmonious CBS sanctity and threadin' needles as per whim,there just "might" be a leetle sumptin' to Moly Smooches and "cleaning" with boolits. Read that again. Now one more time. Best Google it,for good measure too. Laughing!

Hell,knowing me...I mighta just swapped out some stalwart rings yesterday,to upgrade and hedge a bet aboard a coupla platforms. Hint.

Had been sufferin' 1913 TPS alloys on the Rock Sammy 1-8" 22-250,with a piece of fhuqking schit MK4 M3 3.5-10x Reupold. For a platform so Skookum(heavy filled A5,3-way butt,Badger M4 steel bottom,Timney,yada,yada...the usual),it's dismal erector travel really slams windows of opportunity closed,due literally to design. Could suffer that fate no more. Great time to nod your head,like you've a fhuqking clue. Laughing!

Soooooo,they got peeled and Aadland triple 1913 lugged alloys got bolted aboard instead,as an opening move. Google it.

Laughing!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

The machine work is superb,the bearing surface soothin' and their low mount height is always warm/fuzzy. I'm hating on all my Badger 1913 Standards already. Google it. Laughing!

With the ring upgrade,came a serious glass upgrade and aboard went a 10x Fixed Fhuqker MD. While I prefer the MQ's in everything,the Fixed Fhuqker MD crushes a Reupold MK4 M3 3.5-10x and the rifle literally came to life,given the huge erector travel increase and pinpoint tracking,zero retention and returns. Google it. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Beings I've a Retrostalgic whim every so often,I decided to yard the Fixed Fhuqker 10x MQ offa THE Ball Burper and sorta retire The Old Gal from said duty. It was rocking the new Burris XTR Signature 'Horn rings and tossing 40MOA in the equation via rings alone,never hurts production. Hint.

[Linked Image]

Anywhoo...I mechanically centered the Mk4 M3 3.5-10x windage,accounted for concentricity ala 'Horn ring eccentric and snugged the bitch up. While XTR's won't mount as low as Badger Standards,Aadlands and the like(.825"-ish),or nearly as low as Warne Maxima's...the massaged HTG's sculpting upgrade,keeps all in synch. Google it. Laughing!

Now as a reward for helping all the Newbs,who've burped Ball through THE Ball Burper,I'll slate it to an express diet of Lapooey hulls,200's,and DBM fed Skinner Smooches,until I gotta toss another barrel upon it. Nod your head,like you have a fhuqking FIRST clue. Laughing!

The Old Gal coughed up 55MOA from a double hunnert zero.

[Linked Image]

Though for some strange reason,only the 18" 'Bart 270 made the cut yesterday for Bearnanza and I couldn't see anything that'd dry better than 20.5",so let the works walk.

Weather blew the fhuqk up too! Laughing!

Rubbed the fhuqk out 20.5" "Cinammon" Bear,having just slipped out of a strip I actually cut. Ain't it fascinatin',how everything ties together?!?

Laughing!

[Linked Image]

I already beat on the first creek on the menu this morning,so it's time to grab a bite,tie up more Riggin',make a thermos of coffee and go Chrome Dredgin' WFO. Hardly "fair",how that jaunt less than a mile from the house,trumps your best "efforts" of the year and it's just now 9:30AM. Laughing!

GOOD talk,as I always enjoy your inside look at Retardation and grant you the opportunity to flaunt your Imagination and it's Pretend.

Film at 11:00...mebbe cite you "don't care" and how you "could too". You poor poor(literally) STUPID Fhuqk.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!....................

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Gee Stumpy..... You're so AWESum...

Between you and the Outdoor Channel... I never have to get off the couch to feel the Full outdoor experience...

now you'll have to excuse me, I have a lot of serious Googlin to do...

Best regards from the couch....

your buddy
seafire

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Shefire,

"Slow" day today. Had to Dredge Chrome,Sort Bruins,Reload and open Mail. How'd your Googletitude go?!? Laughing!

chris84 was good enough to accept my Triple Ti 84 order and it was received today. Big Momma yarded it home and I not long ago cracked the goody outta it's shell.

The Six Twat-Six was firstly,due receiver length and bolt travel,so it were tossed in the bight quickly. Had zero feel for OEM handle thread locker breaktitude,so stabbed it in my barrel vise and ran schit past "snug". Laughing!

The threads broke easily and once the residual 'locker was cleaned,the bolt body's recess was degreased and relieved of blast media. Then it were a matter of confirming pitch and thread count,while setting the Ti handle in it's new home.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

'84's machine work is Skookum. Hint.

Like ANY of you STUPID Fhuqkers have ever seen/shot an 84L Six Twat-Six in a high RPM spout,throated to eek goodness,smooch meaningful BC's from it's box and nestle bulletproof optics,that reliably grant them opportunities.

FUNNY schit!

[Linked Image]

Am diggin' the 84 Ti Tac Sanctity and think I'll prolly dabble 8400 Ti Tac Sanctity next,if only to keep a constant.

[Linked Image]

Film at 11:00 and Ti Tac 84 HERO pics are a given.(grin)

Bless your heart...just nod your pointy head.

Laughing!......................

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
nodding my 'pointy head' approvingly... whistle

now the serious question....

are you going to soak it in the creek for a couple of days so it can get all rusty and ready for your approved useage?

you don't like rifles that ain't rusty do ya?

ya think guys who never get off the couch or only shoot less than 10 shots a year own non rusty rifles, right?

waiting for the film at 11....

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Putting a Leupold 1x-4x on the .460 this weekend.

[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
What's MQ? A reticle?

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Greenhorn
What's MQ? A reticle?

Go to SWFA, look at the Super Snipers, and see that the reticle options include Mil-Dot and Mil-Quad. Mil-Quad = MQ.

Exquisitely turdlike in all of his many manifestations!!

Resist much - obey little. Hayduke lives!

"30-06 guys don't worry about schit 'cause 30-06 guys don't worry....." 16bore

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
OP - I have a couple of VX-3 3.5-10x new in box if you want a light reliable scope that you can dial. $399 each to your door CONUS.

Bigstick - are those broken scope rings from the youtube video you made breaking in the scope on the Kimber?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Shefire,

Chrome Carnage returns,here in a bit...hadta finish another coupla hunnert Skinners for THE Ball Burper.

No danger of your kchunt,leaving the couch. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Laughing!...............

elkchunter,

THAT has gotta be very fhuqking "exciting",for someone who "does" as "much" as you. You "lucky" kchunt! Congratulations?

Bless your heart.

Greenhorn,

You are too fhuqking STUPID to listen and too much of a brokedick to find out...so just keep on hoppin' fences and polishing turds. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Laughing!.............

DELGUE,

WTF is SWFA,SS,MQ and MD.

You High Tech fhuqkers and all your fancy schmancy terms.

Laughing!.............

BR,

That 7 Whizzum is Sister's and I by and large leave it solely for her,as I've a coupla others that I lean on. It's Reupold 6x42 is still hangin' in there,as a are the LW's and it's ONLY due to sentimental reasons that it is so configured.

Montucky 7 Whizzums.

[Linked Image]

My pick of the litter is Goose Poop,due of course it's 6x MQ. The other wearing the Mk4 M1 10x MD,is more of a Play Toy and reserve.

[Linked Image]

On a day like today and with newest lot of '22(CH slower) tossing original charge,it will squirt moly 162 Smooches right at 3100fps. With it's 250yd zero,the 6x MQ reticle alone,will only get it to the 1300yd line. 2000yds of 10mph full value wind is a scant 4.6 Mils,which affords some opportunity. A mile is sub 20 Mils and the erector happily houses wayyyyyyyyyyy more goody than that.

I "wonder" how many people on the planet,have MQ'd a Polar Bear? Now Greenhorn and Shefire can both say they've "seen" an MQ reticle and have "seen" a Polar Bear to boot. That'll make for a purty gawddamned fhuqking BIG day for them two.

Laughing!

[Linked Image]

162's are a fhuqking amazing HAMMER and it's nice to throw Goose Poop in the crummy,when some Lippy Fhuqker is wanting to "tell" or "show" me sumptin'...though it never goes the way they "think".(grin)

Need to source some 1913 spec 2pc shallow bases for 8400's and get some 40MOA 'Horn rings barking on them bitches. Too bad the stupid fhuqks at Burris,won't offer Signature 30mm DD's.

I let creek water warm a smidge,as it cooled off a bit overnight and I need to gun some quickaloo Sleeper come-ups to the 1300yd line,to confirm dope is golden,though I know it is. I "suffer" from KNOWING that shooting is still fun and am always happy to find an excuse to make more empties.

My 'puter was trying to crash,so I made a wind call and sent one from the hip.(grin)

Anywhooo...most all of my LW failures and those of pards,have been aboard S/A 700's. Though I managed to do it on a Montucky 223 receiver too. That Crash Rate is a direct reflection of round count,because nobody shoots Boomers as much as they used to,due the LRF advances. There was a time,when that's pretty fhuqking much ALL I shot,except 223 and 7-08,because the ONLY move was to squirt Ping Pong Balls as fast as one could,to fend range estimation. I shoot a bunch daily(prolly more than that) and seldom is a L/A in tow,barring Lucifer the Six Twat-Six and it's 105's.

Speaking of which,EVERYONE needs one of these little bastards. 407 Clams to the door,is simply fhuqking AMAZING,given the magnitude of it's splendor.

ASC 10rd Three-OhNotSo-Great mag peectured,for reference.

[Linked Image]

Hint.(grin)

[Linked Image]

Coffee is done and I am out. Cain't wait to check back in and see what The Paper Hat Brigade almost did today.

ALMOST.

Laughing!

Film at 11:00................

(A 'GUEdendum)

I was busting your balls,figuring you could take a little bit.

My bad...you are wayyyyyyyyyyy more tender than I'd bid and that won't happen again. Give or fhuqking take.

Last edited by Big Stick; 04/21/16.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Stick,

Go easy, bruh. I was just trying to point the guy in the right direction.

I have no fight with you. I enjoy reading your posts.

Please don't make things adversarial. I'm on your side. <Hint>

P.S. Thanks for the heads-up on the SIG. I'm putting it on the to-acquire list. It reaches way out there and the price is right.

Last edited by DELGUE; 04/21/16.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Stumpy, what about my question was the next step on the new rifle, to soak it in the creek for a few days just to get it ready for the way you like em... rust covered?

then a camo job with your teenage daughter's yellow, lime green, blue and purple nail polish....

inquiring minds on the couch wanna know....

as you know we ALL try and copy anything and everything Schtick does, because Schtick is AWESum!!!!!!!

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Stick,

My balls are bigger and better armored than you suppose.

Bust away, cupcake.

Laffin

Btw, MQ'ing that polar bear and snapping a pic was stellar.

Last edited by DELGUE; 04/21/16.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Stick,

I've only tried the Ascent handle on the 84m and the Tac handle on the 8400. Between the two, the Tac handle on the 8400 takes the cake. I was going for weight savings with the Ascent, but I may switch it out for a Tac, simply due to the ergo/leverage advantage.

He definitely puts out quality work!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Shefire,

The poignant profundity of your being oblivious to your Do NOTHING Dumbfhuqkery,reliably takes hilarity to another level. Congratulations?!?

You do "enjoy" that Sicko Fhuqk kid fascination,that's more than a touch telling,as it's a perpetual default Delusional Fantasy of your's. Hint.

I've BAD news,feesh cain't like Titanium.

Laughing!

[Linked Image]

You be sure to share more of your Geriatric Opiate Addled Candy Striper "hard charging",as you set on your couchbound kchunt and unleash your Imagination and it's Pretend.

Cheer up...I'm OFTEN Imitated,but sure as fhuqk ain't never been equalled. Your heart is in it,you "lucky" kchunt. Laughing!

Hint.

Just sayin'.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!...............

'GUE,

You like everyone else,is MORE than welcome to all the rope you "think" you can handle.

Was chasing light and fending wind and dropped the ball by not gunning a frame of this HOG,through The Illuminatti....not too long ago this evening. He's crowding 22" Dry. Google it.

Laughing!

[Linked Image]

I NEVER doubted you were a "hard charger".

Bless your heart.

Jordan,

I've gunned lotsa Ascents(OEM and Ti) and I savvy the premise,but for actual USE...the Ti Tac steals the fhuqking show. Chris knocks it out of the Park,without a doubt.

Rattled a couple 5rd bursts outta the 270 and the ergo's/mechanics are MUCH improved. Was easy to shuck/jive and catch empties with my offhand,as fast as I could aquire through The Illuminatti...which sure in the fhuqk ain't "slow" or close.(grin)

Shouted at my Plumber today,to tune the Donkey Dick 270 being crafted currently. Told him to knock 3-inches offa the 1-7.75" Benchmark MTU contour's shank,leaving me 2" and to crown the bitch at 19.5",as it will be my "long" one. It's a FULL inch longer than my 18.5" Bart' 1-8" 270. Which reminds me,I need to get inletting on it's handle,as it will be passing me in the Mail as I Jet to work.

Confirmed SLEEPER come-ups and all is well there,as I rung 875yd steel CBS in a touch of wind(understatement). Slapped a coupla other pokes around to max erector travel and all is in synch,as best as one can be with 1MOA erector travel "increments".(grin) Would rather windage be (1) MOA "clicks" and ele halfa that.

To help others out,I took the time to sight-in the parallax adjustment and now Infinity is actually at the end of the spectrum. Denoted 250yds as a default and there won't be too many that will be able to fhuqk that up.

[Linked Image]

Gotta yard Chrome in the AM,if only because a Low Water Slaughter is my cup of tea and then play the afternoon/evening by ear,due to wind conditions. One can crowd HOGS and do lotsa schit,but only let 'em wind you once and it's OVER. Better to take the money and run,than educate Splendid Beasties.

Now I gotta decide what to schlep streamside in the AM.

Decisions...decisions...................

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
So Stumpy....

when you finally wake up at 10 AM and can finally get out of bed at noon due to the hangover you'll be enjoying.... could you do me a favor and ask Hutch to translate that last post into English from Alaskan Trailer Park Gibberish & Poor Grammar?

Really don't know how you'd survive if you didn't have that Lab to look out for you... Between Hutch and your wife, I'm writing a letter tomorrow to the Pope and Asking his Excellency to grant Sainthood to both of them... If anyone deserves it, they do...

But thanks for thinking of me once again there Stumpy....it always nice to know you care... tomorrow I might even venture off the couch in your honor and go throw a rifle in the creek for the weekend to clean the barrel and rust camo it up so it'll look like your rifles...

best regards as always...

hey, isn't monthly bath time coming up this weekend for ya?
enjoy it....have fun turtle waxin that queball of a head of yours....You're just so AWESum!!!

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Bear driving.

[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
What scope is the "Illuminati"? I can hardly keep track of this thread....

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
Originally Posted by Paradiddle
What scope is the "Illuminati"? I can hardly keep track of this thread....

SWFA SS 1-4x24 with the illuminated MQ bullet placer

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Stick,

Rope, like .45's and knives, is always nice to have in abundance.

No bears where I live, and not used to judging what they measure, but it looks like a big'un, and I will defer to your learned judgement in that regard.

My hard-charging days are over. Bad knees and heel spurs put an end to that. I now charge only when absolutely necessary, rather than recreationally as in the past.

I don't live where you live, and don't have your opportunities, assets, and skills, so I have to read your posts with humor, take hints as applicable, and live vicariously through your posts.

Last edited by DELGUE; 04/22/16.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Shefire,

Slow day,as I was busy sleeping in. Congratulations?!?

Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Do TELL...about "all" that you "almost" "did".

Bless your heart.

Laughing!...............

'diddle,

Ask elkchunter,as she's both feigning a CLUE and Imaginary Pretend Ignore.

Laughing!..............

'Cast,

That seems expensive?

Laughing!..........

'GUE,

FASCINATING realizations,of a whole 'lotta schit that CAI'NT happen.

Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.................

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Scope is in and am taking the .460 to have the scope put on.

[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
you don't do it yourself?

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
I can,but the place where I bought the scope and bases,rings will do it for me.

In other words,being lazy. wink

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I wouldn't call it lazy. Seems like much more effort to haul scope and rifle to another location have it put on then go back.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Bear driving.

[Linked Image]

That picture made me laugh almost as much as watching 2 midgets wrestling. Speaking of stick, looks like that midget has been busy on this thread... whistle

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
elkchunternm,

Don't let the razzing getcha down,as even someone as fhuqking STUPID as you knows better,than to try and mount a schitty fhuqking scope on a schitty fhuqking rifle,all by yourself. What schitty mounts are you gonna have the Walmart Greeter install for you? Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart...you amazingly Clueless STUPID Fhuqk.

Only saw one new scope,go on one new rifle yesterday,as the weather was tough with a low ceiling. Now you can say that you've seen a 77/22 Hornet setback and punched "K" and crowned at 19"...wearin' an Illuminatti. R/P Virgins,'296,400's and 35'Max Smooches bein' a given. Hint.

[Linked Image]

'22,

Don't rile her,or you may be forced to suffer Imaginary Pretend ignore.

Laughing!...............

Kaleb,

I'd buy the video of you "showing" elkchunter how to install a scope. Hit me with an addy and I'll get a $20 USPS MO headed your way.

THANKS!

bsa',

I getta kick outta you Do NOTHING Dumbfhuqks and your "hard charging" "Adventures". might you be able to remember the year in which you were in the REAL Outdsoors? I mean besides never? Congratulations?!?

Looking forward to your next Whine,some fresh Excuses and more pics.

Got sidetracked last night,loadin' a buncha ammo and am torn on the day's project. Cain't decide to nestle the Benchmark .243" 1-7.5" MTU 270 at 19.5" and wearin' a 2" shank,in the Blue By You or Green Machine. Thoughts? Feel free to use as Imagination and Pretend as requisite,to feign having seen either pattern in the flesh. I enjoy a good laugh,fueled by the efforts of someone who "knows" and "does" as "much" as you.

Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Bless your heart.

Laughing!...................

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
The scope is on,now to take the .460 out and site it in.

[Linked Image]

If it is not windy tomorrow morning,will site it in then.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You need to spray the weeds around your shed!

Looks pretty dry there? Wanting some rain by the look of it.

Nice bit of timber in that stock.

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
That's mustard,it'll die in another month.

Yup,it's dry. Not wanting rain as I'll start cutting hay Monday.

Better pic of stock. wink

[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Bear driving.

[Linked Image]

Elk,

What kinda dog is that?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Chihuahua/Terrier mix.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Ahhh. Ok. Thanks.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
wink

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Chihuahua/Terrier mix.

of course you realize if he was following Stumpy, he'd look like a doberman next to Stumpy.... whistle

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
elkchunt,

TOO fhuqking funny...a Piece Of Fhuqking Schit Weatherby,Reupold schitty scope AND fhuqking windage adjustable rear mounts?!? Then a gawwdamned fhuqking CAT?

Jeezus fhuqk...you poor,poor...POOR Retard.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!!!!!

'17,

She does her "best".

Shefire,

How many 'scripts didja swipe,plagiarize and make "your" own today?!?

Laughing!

Slow day here and didn't shoot much past the 1000yd line,due the wind. Laughing!

BABY 270's Illuminatti here and it won't even chip paint. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Steel isn't much more than 12 Mils away to starboard. Google it!

I couldn't connect a dot!

[Linked Image]

Laughing!.....................

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
So Stumpy... a technical question for ya...

When you aim at that dirt bank, you're saying its a thousand yards, but with your "Illuminati" Super Scope.... you hit that dirt hillside every time???

That is friggin Amazing!!!!!

No wonder we all consider you so Friggin AWESum!!!!!

as you myself...

yeah, I spent the afternoon on the couch, with my keyboard and spent most of my time doing "How many 'scripts didja swipe,plagiarize and make "your" own today"

actually it was a whole Schittload...you'd have loved them....

I'll email ya so new material, so that guys will quit complaining for a while you are posting the same old schitt and same old dead deer & bear pics...

Good luck on the Sunday Morning Hangover.... hopefully the wifey isn't going to drag you to church to save your soul.....again...

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by Seafire
Chihuahua/Terrier mix.

of course you realize if he was following Stumpy, he'd look like a doberman next to Stumpy.... whistle
grin

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Apparently I don't take enough pics of my gear...but I took this one just for Stick...

a pair of .223AIs on a pelt from the petting zoo grin

[Linked Image]

Heading back down there with a bag of peanuts and a box of bullets....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
The .460 is kinda sorta sited in,will finish doing so next weekend.

Interarms Mark X Mini Mauser .223.

[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by ingwe
Apparently I don't take enough pics of my gear...but I took this one just for Stick...

[Linked Image]

How'd you get that animal to lay down for you to take the picture? laugh

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

When you aim at that dirt bank, you're saying its a thousand yards, but with your "Illuminati" Super Scope.... you hit that dirt hillside every time???

as you myself...

yeah, I spent the afternoon on the couch, with my keyboard and spent most of my time doing "How many 'scripts didja swipe,plagiarize and make "your" own today"

I'll email ya so new material, so that guys will quit complaining for a while you are posting the same old schitt and same old dead deer & bear pics...

Good luck on the Sunday Morning Hangover.... hopefully the wifey isn't going to drag you to church to save your soul.....again...

He meant to say cubits, not yards.... 1000 cubits to the dirt bank... Geez, some of you guys just don't get him.. Keep in mind a midget cubit is pretty small though.. whistle

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

as you myself...

Can you imagine his wife trying to drag his sorry azz to church???:

[Linked Image]

BSA MAGA
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Shefire,

Your Do NOTHING Dumbfhuqkery,never disappoints in it's oblivious hilarity and I REALLY enjoyed your Candy Striper Stories. Congratulations?!?

Only (1) new rifle arrived yesterday. 'Nother no-turn .272" 1-7.75" Hawk Hill 6BR,set up to run ala DBM's. I reckon MDT and AICS 10rd 223 poly's will get the 105 nod. Google it.

Being great ain't easy,but it's worth the effort,but at least you get to read every word and fixate every pixel you "lucky" kchunt. As great as I am,I can't even take pics of things that haven't happened yet...though there are them who are convinced that I can. Mad skeelz is plum handy and you reserve the right to declare that you "could too",if it sweetens the "satisfaction" of your Imagination and it's Pretend.

I'm fhuqking cryin'...I'm laughing soooooooooooooooo hard!!!

Bless your heart.

elkchunter,

Do tell about the "particulars" of the Walmart Greeter Scope Install and the "almost" got it sighted-in Regimen. You poor poor STUPID Fhuqk! Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

'gwe,

That's some REALLY High Zoot stuff there! Laughing!

I bet given "all" your "knowledge","experience" and "results" you really got 'em singin' too! Congratulations?!? Laughing!

Even in candids,I like color. Coupla days ago.

[Linked Image]

Keep sharing your "Adventures"...because THAT schit is fhuqking funny!

Bless your heart.

bsa,

I enjoy the perpetual hilarity of you Do NOTHING Dumbfhuqks scouring the Interweb for sumptin' to plagiarize,from your couchbound kchunts. What WERE the "odds"? Congratulations?!?

You "hard chargers" really get after it!

Bless your heart.

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

[Linked Image]

Simple...took less than three pounds of pressure..... wink

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

[Linked Image]

Simple...took less than three pounds of pressure..... wink
You squeezed it's nuts till it fell over! shocked grin

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Big Stick

'gwe,

Even in candids,I like color. Coupla days ago.

[Linked Image]

Keep sharing your "Adventures"...because THAT schit is fhuqking funny!

Bless your heart.

Nice pic, as always Stick.

Damn, but you do shoot some nice fish!

I'm off the the petting zoo!

I'll pick you up a couple of those skookum Texas Flag stickers for your stocks!

You lucky bastid! laugh

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Super Vivid...

Poob's you really headed south?

Get any snow lately?

Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Super Vivid...

Poob's you really headed south?

Get any snow lately?

Yeah, going south in two weeks. Theres apparently still creatures walking around Texas I haven't killed yet grin

Got some snow in the last few days, burnt off by now, but the last couple days have been a nice slow soaker....

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

That fish don't look like it was shot to me Tom...

[Linked Image]

actually looks like it was farted on, that did him in...

by the color on his scales, I'd say a real toxic fart...

One of Stumpy's patented "Super Atomic Bomber " ones...

heard he did in a shark with one last fall.....

Did anyone notice Stumpy mentioned my name in his post...

I'm not worthy!!!! He's just so amazingly AWESum!!!!

especially considering he's 3 ft 6 inches tall... can you imagine how much AWESum-ness he'd have if he was 4 ft tall?

maybe we fan can pitch in and get him some 6 inch elevator tennis shoes with the velcro straps.... in a flash day glow pink or lime green, or a sharp yellow with blue lightning bolts on the sides.... and those heels that light up with the red flashing lights on the sides when he walks... just like the ones so popular with the kindergartners...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
10-4, don't get bit by a snake!

Nice soaker here yesterday, things are greening up.

Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
I love snakes and have never seen a western diamondback. Hope to see one on this trip.

Soon as the ground dries up I'm gonna have to give the gophs another session....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I love snakes

Now I know your dementia is taking hold

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Yeah, what Bellydeep said!

We've had temperate weather this late in the spring, but now it's startin' to warm up. The remaining Q-tips should be heading back soon.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by bellydeep
I love snakes

Now I know your dementia is taking hold

The best part about dementia is that I don't know what you're talking about! laugh

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've got a Leupold 6x42 on my 223 Montana at the moment.

Going to outfit a couple other Montanas with the SWFA SS 1-4x24 at some point.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

622 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 1337Fungi, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 1234, 58 invisible), 3,351 guests, and 1,125 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,297
Posts18,468,035
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.