Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
...which bow "feels" the best at the shot.

I'm talking about no vibration -- the bow that's totally dead in your hands. This isn't about speed or your favorite brand. We're all going to have different opinions and this isn't a spitting contest.

The bow that "feels" the best for me at the shot is the Mathew's No Cam HTR.....and it's not even the bow that I own! I don't feel any vibration, any jump or palm slap.

You guys that get to shoot several different bows and several different brands -- what's your opinion?

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Elite...

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Prime.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
You guys are talking brands...I'm talking models. There are tons of good bows today! We're fortunate...

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Prime Impact, Rize, Centroid. Elite E34s are VERY nice as well.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Shot a lot of different bows before I bought a No Cam. All the write ups are about how smooth the draw is, but when you fire is when it's really smooth.

A few people who've shot mine remarked on the same thing.

Just fast enough to be fast enough, but almost like a target bow.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by MOGC
Elite...

This or a Hoyt, IMO. But I'm a bit of a Hoyt fanboy.

Hoyt I'm speaking of is my Faktor, but I shot an Elite Energy 35 that had the most solid back wall I've ever felt and was pretty smooth.

Last edited by 1Nut; 04/14/16.

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Without a doubt, the Prime Rize. It makes me feel like i'm holding a tuning fork when I shoot my BT Carbon Overdrive.

Lifetime member: Backcountry Hunters and Anglers & Wild Sheep Foundation
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The three that feel the most dead at the shot in my hand are a 2008 Ross Cardiac, a 2015 Obsession Addiction and a 2010 (I think) Mathews Conquest.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Been through them all in the last year, every flagship bow from every major brand except one (Obsession, sorry 280). For me, one stood clearly above all others.

Prime Rize!

And I'll use this an excuse to repost the Arizona desert mule deer public land over the counter tag!

[Linked Image]

IC B3

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Buddy buys a lot of stuff. Prime is his fave.
I rather liked my old Hoyt Protec.
Would like to hot rod an Oneida Black Eagle 2 (they draw so smooth- nobody makes a fingers bow these days).
Recurve, my fave is Blackwidow....has been for about 30 yrs.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Brackenbury, I don't even recall the model name its that old. Smoothest bow I've ever had in my hands. Of course my PSE FireFlite is pretty smooth for a wheel bow too.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Obsession K34. Dont know that its possible for a bow to be any more dead in the hand and whisper quiet. Ive owned 5 Obsessions over the last 2.5 years. This one i will keep.

Crossed Arrows Archery LLC
Authorized Obsession Bows Dealer
Custom Strings/Tuning
www.crossedarrowsarcheryllc.com
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Until there is a standard issue hand and wrist for everyone, this will be a topic filled with opinions!

So many options that it's all but impossible to try them all out to see what feels best. There are a few brands and models that seem to rise to the top. Try those few on that short list and you will likely find the one you're looking for.

My guess is that all the bows on that short list will be fantastic. One additional way to help this is to step away from the focus on speed, and go towards the heaviest arrow you can choose for your needs. The difference between how a bow feels in your hand that shoots a 375 grain arrow, and then a 525 grain arrow is an astonishing difference.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Some do handle both exceptionally well. Jus sayin lol

Custom Strings/Tuning
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
How one gets to the shot is also important IMHO.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Hoyt Defiant - almost have to look down and see if the arrow is gone. Awesome bow.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Lots of good bows out. Both present year and years past. If anyone cant find a bow that fits them, they aint looking hard enough.

Custom Strings/Tuning
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
MQ 32. Bought the first year they made'em in LH and quite possibly the last I'll ever buy for myself.

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Elite Synergy. I was a Mathews guy for years, shot an Elite last year and was sold.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (01Foreman400, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 1234, 57 invisible), 2,338 guests, and 1,231 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,661
Posts18,455,712
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.