Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by MikeL2
Originally Posted by P_Weed
The Sig Sauer P-232 is the only Sig I ever wanted . . .

<><> http://37.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mayw84d6lV1r1df5co1_1280.jpg <><>

~ Sig Sauer P232 380

If you still want one don't wait to long, Sig is shutting of import and going with just US made stuff sometime soon, and the 232 is only made in Germany.

I'm pretty sure that ship has sailed.

If they've already done it, does that count as real soon??

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

There is nothing like a Heckler and Koch P-7 K3. It is as accurate as any handgun could be and as usual the reliability and safety is top notch...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by BobWills
Redneck, yes sir, and it's a dam shame we even have to carry a gun today, but it's just a sad fact of life in what once was a great nation. And if you listen to some people, all we need to do is put up BIGGER SIGNS that read gun free zone because it is obvious the criminals can't see the ones that are there now. I would much rather carry some pocket change than a pistol, but I don't dare do that any more because these animals just won't rob you of your pocket change, they will then kill you so you can't identify them, or because the initiation into their gang requires they kill somebody.

I ALWAYS carry a Kahr P-380 loaded with Extreme Penetrator + P ammo here in the house and out on the property and everywhere else for that matter except the courthouse where they have metal detectors and guards. But I can understand why they would have that level of protection today. What I do not understand is why the politicians at the courthouse think they need armed guards, but the local school does not. They OBVIOUSLY think they are a lot more important than your school children or me. So if I leave this property, I also take something along in addition to the .380 that is serious protection and highly likely to kill what it hits.

You are going to love that little SIG. I still know a lot of law dogs who use them, mostly federal cops whose agencies have the resources to test various guns and determine which one best suits their needs. The fact that SIG guns often come out on top is a tribute to their attention to high quality building and materials.

I looked long and hard at the P-238 SIG, and I tried to rationalize how I could carry it concealed in my pocket every day, but I just can't get around that safety thing. I've found too many 1911's in my holster with the safety walked or brushed off to put that SIG in my pocket cocked with the safety on. Maybe it's just me, but even though I want that SIG, my old brain just won't let me do it.

I only personally know of one incident where a 1911 actually fired in a holster because of the safety being off, and other than a lot of excitement, it caused no real property damage and no one was hit although the bullet did pass through a restruant full of mostly truck drivers. You want to know how to empty a restruant full of truckers? Shoot a 45 slug down through the middle of it and that'll do it pert quick.
Excellent post, sir.. Especially the part I made 'bold'..

One thing I neglected to find out re: the Sig is if it has a half-cock feature. Anyone know that??

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I am always amazed at courthouses an similar govt buildings....lawyers, and everyone that works there walks around the metal detectors...... Most workplace violence is done by people that work at those places......duhhhhhh.
Originally Posted by Redneck
Redneck, yes sir, and it's a dam shame we even have to carry a gun today, but it's just a sad fact of life in what once was a great nation. And if you listen to some people, all we need to do is put up BIGGER SIGNS that read gun free zone because it is obvious the criminals can't see the ones that are there now. I would much rather carry some pocket change than a pistol, but I don't dare do that any more because these animals just won't rob you of your pocket change, they will then kill you so you can't identify them, or because the initiation into their gang requires they kill somebody.

I ALWAYS carry a Kahr P-380 loaded with Extreme Penetrator + P ammo here in the house and out on the property and everywhere else for that matter except the courthouse where they have metal detectors and guards. But I can understand why they would have that level of protection today. What I do not understand is why the politicians at the courthouse think they need armed guards, but the local school does not. They OBVIOUSLY think they are a lot more important than your school children or me. So if I leave this property, I also take something along in addition to the .380 that is serious protection and highly likely to kill what it hits.

You are going to love that little SIG. I still know a lot of law dogs who use them, mostly federal cops whose agencies have the resources to test various guns and determine which one best suits their needs. The fact that SIG guns often come out on top is a tribute to their attention to high quality building and materials.

I looked long and hard at the P-238 SIG, and I tried to rationalize how I could carry it concealed in my pocket every day, but I just can't get around that safety thing. I've found too many 1911's in my holster with the safety walked or brushed off to put that SIG in my pocket cocked with the safety on. Maybe it's just me, but even though I want that SIG, my old brain just won't let me do it.

I only personally know of one incident where a 1911 actually fired in a holster because of the safety being off, and other than a lot of excitement, it caused no real property damage and no one was hit although the bullet did pass through a restruant full of mostly truck drivers. You want to know how to empty a restruant full of truckers? Shoot a 45 slug down through the middle of it and that'll do it pert quick.
Excellent post, sir.. Especially the part I made 'bold'..

One thing I neglected to find out re: the Sig is if it has a half-cock feature. Anyone know that??

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by shrapnel

There is nothing like a Heckler and Koch P-7 K3. It is as accurate as any handgun could be and as usual the reliability and safety is top notch...

[Linked Image]
[quote=shrapnel]

Show off! I'm just jealous and sorry that I didn't get one when they were affordable. Might be a bit big for everyday pocket carry, not to mention the abuse I wouldn't put it through.
For me, my Kahr CW380 represents the best compromise of weight, size, power, shootability, front pocket concealability and affordability. Would still love to have one of those K3s though to go along with my P7M8 I did buy when they were affordable.

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Yep. H & K don't make no trash stuff that's for sure. That is a dang nice rig that you don't see very often.

Only the CHOSEN ONES got one of those, so I guess we know that is around here.

Despite what your momma told you, violence does solve problems.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yep. H & K don't make no trash stuff that's for sure. That is a dang nice rig that you don't see very often.

It also has the 22 kit and you can use it when you want to go on the cheap...

[Linked Image]

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
The CHOSEN ONE can stop showing off now. We of the great unwashed masses know we are not worthy and need a bath. And we need one of those H & K's too. grin grin

Last edited by BobWills; 04/22/16.

Despite what your momma told you, violence does solve problems.
TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I don't know about the P238 but my P938 catches at around 25%. I would bet it's the same for the P238.

A
alukban Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A

[Linked Image]

I always wanted one of those. They were $800 with the rimfire conversion at Siegle's guns in Oakland, CA - 1982 smile

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

[Linked Image]

You suck, always pulling out the bangin' hardware...

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by alukban

[Linked Image]

I always wanted one of those. They were $800 with the rimfire conversion at Siegle's guns in Oakland, CA - 1982 smile

Now they're $800 +$3000.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Shrap, You got a pic of that K3 next to a PSP?

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I've got a Colt Mustang.380 stoked with Hornady CD that gets carried most of the time in a DeSantis pocket holster, sometimes in this pistol pocket attachment on my suspenders. There may be more popular mouse guns but I like the feel of this one and the 1911 style.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Shrap, You got a pic of that K3 next to a PSP?

Next to an M13, but the camera doesn't show the difference in size. The K3 is about 75% the size of the M13. That doesn't sound like much difference, but it is considerable...

[Linked Image]

This is a deer I shot with it, and you can see in the picture how small it is in my hand...

[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Didn't they do P7 K3 with a European mag release like the PSP?

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I have a Beretta 84F. It has what I consider to be an unacceptable safety. Mine is the later variant with an allegedly improved version of the safety. However, with the lever moved toward safe until it clicks into a detent, the gun will still fire if the trigger is pulled. Makes it unacceptable for any kind of social work, IMO. I like the little Beretta. It has all the beauty of Italian design and craftsmanship, and it feels good in my hands, but I will probably send it down the road once all my .380 ammo is done being plinked.

I didn't feel like reading all four pages, but if nobody has mentioned Ammo Quest, find his .380 summary on YouTube. What I get from it is that the only boolit worth a darn for social work in .380 is the Hornady 90gr XTP going at the right velocity. He tests it in a range of factory ammo with various speeds. You can compile his results and draw your own conclusions. It has a smaller hollow point than boolits designed for 9mm, so expansion is controlled at .380 velocities to a size that provides appropriate penetration.

P938 is my carry gun. It shoots a real cartridge. Effectively as much bad guy medicine as a 1911 in a much more concealable package. (Not intending to start a 9 vs 45 war here, but that's my take on it.) The only thing in its size class that even kinda works with my USP45 full-size sized hands. And the trigger ain't bad.

Last edited by OlongJohnson; 04/23/16.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Didn't they do P7 K3 with a European mag release like the PSP?

The mag release is the same as the M-8 or M-13 where you can use your thumb near the trigger guard....

[Linked Image]

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Uh, well okay. It WILL NOT fix you a 14 year old Kentucky sour mash burboun poured slowly over pure mountain spring water ice cubes and serve it to you. No it won't. But other than that, it'll do.

Well...I ain't buyin one of them then. I'm buyin me a Bob Wills!

grin

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I saw the mag release on yours. I thought they had a variation with the euro mag release. I'll have to look around.

Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

60 members (808outdoors, 2500HD, 4th_point, 7mm_Loco, BALLISTIK, 6 invisible), 1,208 guests, and 734 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,718
Posts18,457,122
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.