Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Ruger LCP like this one but in brown, every day, front pocket.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Fireball2; 04/23/16.

LOL
GB1

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by alukban

If you do carry a .380, I am honestly interested in your reason why you do so.

What firearm did you choose and how do you carry said weapon?

I do not, my light carry gun is a Colt LW Commander in 38 Super, a really sweet little piece, hope to never need them, but spect the 125 gr Barnes HP's at 1341 fps would get the job done.

Mostly carry it in a El Paso leather right side slightly forward canted holster tucked in tight right over my jeans pocket.

Trump Won!
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by Savuti
Kahr P380, got it when they first came out (2009?).
Keep it in a DeSantis pocket pouch.
I carry it when in a very low threat environment or when something larger would be too obvious. It all depends on where I'll be and what I'll be wearing.
Ditto..
A+1111, a mint 1908 Colt 380 with 95 gr HP's , when the dress and environment call for it! v best win poor

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I have carried a Combat Commander .45 for decades.
I'd like a Smith scandium .357 but until I score a deal on one, bought a Ruger lcp .380. Cheap, shoots decent, no problems.

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by BobWills

Here is one I keep in my bed room. Since it'll be used inside at close range, I keep it loaded with 1 1/2 ounces of copper plated BB's just for giggles. This one has a seven round magazine.

But I can't show you the "BAD BOY" surprise because then it wouldn't be a surprise. HAR!!!

How in the world do you KNOW where your firearm will be used, and the apparent fact that the range will be short?

I have never been able to pre-determine what range my next shooting would occur at, let alone exactly where it was going to happen.

If you have a Crystal Ball, I sure would like to borrow it.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I shot the hell out of my P232 and PPK/s today. They are both tack drivers. I forgot what a pleasure the Walther is to shoot.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
I've allways been a revolver man J-frame but I've tried some of the new .380's and finally decided on the S&W Bodyguard 380 after practice with the DAO trigger I am very happy with this pocket gun.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Recently picked up a Kimber .380. Damned nice little pistol and so far it's one fantastic shooter; accurate and mild. It front pocket carries as well or better than the .38 snubby and weighs less.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush

Here is one I keep in my bed room. Since it'll be used inside at close range, I keep it loaded with 1 1/2 ounces of copper plated BB's just for giggles. This one has a seven round magazine.

But I can't show you the "BAD BOY" surprise because then it wouldn't be a surprise. HAR!!!

How in the world do you KNOW where your firearm will be used, and the apparent fact that the range will be short?

I have never been able to pre-determine what range my next shooting would occur at, let alone exactly where it was going to happen.

No problem. That shotgun stays in my bedroom ALL THE TIME and is ALWAYS in the same location so I don't have to look for it. That is because I intend to only use it in the bed room and highly likely at night since that is the only time I am usually in the bed room. Therefore I can predetermine the range at which I will use it and exactly where I will use THAT PARTICULAR SHOTGUN.

See how easy that is and you don't even need a ctystal ball to figure the range or where it will be used. Well, maybe you do. Some people just can't seem to figure these kinds of things out for themselves. I guess you can always dial 911. Good luck with that.

Despite what your momma told you, violence does solve problems.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush

No problem. That shotgun stays in my bedroom ALL THE TIME and is ALWAYS in the same location so I don't have to look for it. That is because I intend to only use it in the bed room and highly likely at night since that is the only time I am usually in the bed room. Therefore I can predetermine the range at which I will use it and exactly where I will use THAT PARTICULAR SHOTGUN.

See how easy that is and you don't even need a ctystal ball to figure the range or where it will be used. Well, maybe you do. Some people just can't seem to figure these kinds of things out for themselves. I guess you can always dial 911. Good luck with that.

If you're going to try to come off as a bad ass and pick a fight about defensive capabilities and engaging bad guys, you MIGHT just want to choose someone other than Mackay to start it with.

Just a hint, before you end up looking like a complete buffoon and a total ass.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member

Not to worry. You beat me to that, but then, you always do.

I don't keep a shotgun in the bed room to try to be a bad ass. I keep it there for bad guys who come in the night. That isn't difficult for most people to understand and I am probably not the only one around here that does it. Does that mean the others are trying to be a bad ass too? And what is it to you if they are? It's their shotgun and their bed room and they can load their shotguns with any dam thing they choose without any comments from you about it. I really don't think those of us who keep shotguns in our bed rooms give a dam what you or anyone thinks about that. I could be wrong, but I'm probably not. grin grin grin

Last edited by BobWills; 04/26/16.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
No Bob, you're not the only one that keeps a shotgun in the bedroom. There's been an 870 riot gun leaning against the wall between my bed and the nightstand for so long it may have taken root. The chamber is empty and the safety is off. I want em to hear that unmistakable sound a 12ga pump makes when it's racked... just before the P--- starts running down their leg.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Not to worry. You beat me to that, but then, you always do.

I don't keep a shotgun in the bed room to try to be a bad ass. I keep it there for bad guys who come in the night. That isn't difficult for most people to understand and I am probably not the only one around here that does it. Does that mean the others are trying to be a bad ass too? And what is it to you if they are? It's their shotgun and their bed room and they can load their shotguns with any dam thing they choose without any comments from you about it. I really don't think those of us who keep shotguns in our bed rooms give a dam what you or anyone thinks about that. I could be wrong, but I'm probably not. grin grin grin

Bob,

Clearly, you haven't a clue, and most clearly you've been here before.

You insinuated knowing quite a bit about tactical and defensive situations, and then stepped on your dick in the process. Mackay has considerable experience, and is generous in offering real expertise, that trumps your fantasies.

Back peddle as you can; you'll only get but so far.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Lobo80
No Bob, you're not the only one that keeps a shotgun in the bedroom. There's been an 870 riot gun leaning against the wall between my bed and the nightstand for so long it may have taken root. The chamber is empty and the safety is off. I want em to hear that unmistakable sound a 12ga pump makes when it's racked... just before the P--- starts running down their leg.

Ron,

Big difference between that and Bob's diatribe. You know better.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
diatribe?...I think Bill O'Riley used that as the "word of the day" one time. grin

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Quote: 4ager
You insinuated knowing quite a bit about tactical and defensive situations . . .

I insinuated nothing. I said quote:
Here is one (shotgun) I keep in my bed room. Since it'll be used inside at close range, I keep it loaded with 1 1/2 ounces of copper plated BB's just for giggles. This one has a seven round magazine.

If keeping a shotgun in your bedroom qualifies anyone to know a lot about tactical and defensive situations, I'll bet every guy on this forum knows a lot about tactical and defensive situations. It isn't rocket science to most of us; it's called common sense. But I can see that it is causing you a lot of problems understanding that simple fact.

But uhhhh, those wadded up pink panties you always wear are obviously causing a lot of discomfort. grin grin grin Maybe you ought to give it a rest.

Last edited by BobWills; 04/26/16.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Folks like myself that have grown up around guns but have no professional training are the hardest of the hard heads, most of us have an I.Q. above room temperature and have sorted a lot of things out for ourselves, even to the point of actually thinking about the "what ifs". Sadly many times we are just wrong. My advice is take professional training classes as sometimes we don't even know what we don't know. Pride may indeed get you killed. Owning 50 pairs of expensive tennis shoes does not make us LeBron anymore than 50 guns makes us Wild Bill Hickok.

Of course we can just use Joe Biden's advice and after your rack your shotgun fire two blasts out the window into the air. smile

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Quote: 4ager
You insinuated knowing quite a bit about tactical and defensive situations . . .

I insinuated nothing. I said quote:
Here is one (shotgun) I keep in my bed room. Since it'll be used inside at close range, I keep it loaded with 1 1/2 ounces of copper plated BB's just for giggles. This one has a seven round magazine.

If keeping a shotgun in your bedroom qualifies anyone to know a lot about tactical and defensive situations, I'll bet every guy on this forum knows a lot about tactical and defensive situations. It isn't rocket science to most of us; it's called common sense. But I can see that it is causing you a lot of problems understanding that simple fact.

But uhhhh, those wadded up pink panties you always wear are obviously causing a lot of discomfort. grin grin grin Maybe you ought to give it a rest.

Bob,

Whatever your issue is, it must suck to have it.

Common sense and facts would be knowing that you don't always know what ranges and situations might come up. That was, and is, Mackay's point. Of course, that would have required reading comprehension and some degree of intelligence; both of which you are failing to display. Why, exactly, you've gone from "new guy" to "ass hole" in record time is known only to you. Why you now want to start arguments just to feel like you've "won" is also something known only to you.

Oh, and don't worry about my boxers. They are in fine shape, and continence is no problem at all here. I suspect you've passed that milestone long ago, which may explain the fascination with another man's underwear.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Lobo80
diatribe?...I think Bill O'Riley used that as the "word of the day" one time. grin

He probably did. O'Reilly is an ass of epic proportions, and an anti-2A crusader, but he (or his staff) at least has a decent command of the English language.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jimmyp
Folks like myself that have grown up around guns but have no professional training are the hardest of the hard heads, most of us have an I.Q. above room temperature and have sorted a lot of things out for ourselves, even to the point of actually thinking about the "what ifs". Sadly many times we are just wrong. My advice is take professional training classes as sometimes we don't even know what we don't know. Pride may indeed get you killed. Owning 50 pairs of expensive tennis shoes does not make us LeBron anymore than 50 guns makes us Wild Bill Hickok.

Of course we can just use Joe Biden's advice and after your rack your shotgun fire two blasts out the window into the air. smile

Excellent advice.

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

633 members (1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 160user, 19rabbit52, 10Glocks, 63 invisible), 2,061 guests, and 1,175 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,239
Posts18,447,871
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.