-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 29 of 43 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 42 43
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Last 69 Mustang Mach 1 build post was on 9/13/15 by NorthernDave and it was lacking in pictures. What is the status of said Mustang? Is it finished or is still in the shop Dave?

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

GB1

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Still here.

I have to make a little room, get this blue chevy out of the way.

[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Well gee golly gee whizz we need MORE!!!!!

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Still here.

I have to make a little room, get this blue chevy out of the way.

[Linked Image]

Ever find the build sheet for that 327?

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
working on door/fender gaps.

[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Dave, your a natural. powdr

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
working on door/fender gaps.

[Linked Image]
Sexy lines right there!

Buy once, cry once.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Glad to see you're back from vacation... whistle

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Lookin good!

Camp is where you make it.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Glad to see you're back from vacation... whistle

Thought he had been helping someone with their rehab. crazy

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
IC B3

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
The hab didn't take.

Door gaps is looking nice, time to start thinking about some primer on the outside of this buggy.

Something clever here.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Damn! A Northern Dave fix at last, thank you, thank you, thank you.

Now we need a BUNCH more Sir.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Still fitting and tweaking panels.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

out behind the shop we have a 1973 351W and FMX trans broke down for delivery to respective rebuild shops.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

It was important to us to find a 351 in the period from 69-74 so we would have the right block and cylinder heads (mostly the heads) 60.4cc chambers. We can easily utilize key components of the correct M code 69 engine by pitching the dish pistons and running flat tops with valve reliefs. I believe for cam we will likely select someone's combo of cam, lifters, timing gear set and springs. Likely an edelbrock offering that targets a range from idle and up. We'll top it with a new 4 barrel with elect choke and a dual plane alum intake, likely headers too.
The FMX trans is what this Mach 1 came with originally so we feel good about rebuilding this one and sticking it back in there.

Something clever here.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
It was important to us to find a 351 in the period from 69-74 so we would have the right block and cylinder heads (mostly the heads) 60.4cc chambers. We can easily utilize key components of the correct M code 69 engine by pitching the dish pistons and running flat tops with valve reliefs. I believe for cam we will likely select someone's combo of cam, lifters, timing gear set and springs. Likely an edelbrock offering that targets a range from idle and up. We'll top it with a new 4 barrel with elect choke and a dual plane alum intake, likely headers too.
The FMX trans is what this Mach 1 came with originally so we feel good about rebuilding this one and sticking it back in there.

Those have relatively "lazy" lobes and can be beat without too much trouble. There is more power/torque to be had without sacrificing smooth driving qualities.

http://www.crower.com/camshafts/ford-351w-compu-pro-hydraulic-cam-270-hdp.html

http://www.lunatipower.com/Product.aspx?id=2358&gid=287

Milder lobe design than the previous ones, but still more than the Edelbrock performer:
http://schneidercams.com/26270Hsbfhydraulic.aspx

Last edited by mathman; 04/22/16.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

[Linked Image]

Dave,

I too was going to rebuild the FMX for my 69 351W. I'm having issues finding guys that actually do it for a few reasons. 1) The parts are very hard to come by they're telling me. 2) They're dinosaurs. The c4/c6 seems to be an easier to rebuild trans, they're lighter, and can withstand some abuse.

If your guy is going to rebuild that for you, maybe I should get his info from you and give him a shout.

Camp is where you make it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by mathman

Those have relatively "lazy" lobes and can be beat without too much trouble. There is more power/torque to be had without sacrificing smooth driving qualities.

http://www.crower.com/camshafts/ford-351w-compu-pro-hydraulic-cam-270-hdp.html

http://www.lunatipower.com/Product.aspx?id=2358&gid=287

Milder lobe design than the previous ones, but still more than the Edelbrock performer:
http://schneidercams.com/26270Hsbfhydraulic.aspx

We're all about that.

But remember, it is a ladies car. And I don't care who's feelings I may have hurt with that statement.

I'll say it again, just in case someone with tender feelers didn't pick up on it. It's a lady's car.

And by that I mean exactly what any liberal rainbow flag waving feelings cop hopes I mean, exactly.

A lady, an actual child bearing female human, born a female, always been a female, an actual female, not a man that identifies as a female, an actual female that can have children. She has children too, and a husband that is an actual man that identifies as such.

It will be a special events and weekend fun car for them, family outing sort of use.

We want the car beautiful, we want it dependable, we want it safe.

We're going to hit the 300hp mark easily with the mild recipe we have in mind, which is enough to make this car fun.

But I'll gladly listen to suggestions for this "strong enough for a man but made for a woman" Mach 1 mustang.

grin

Something clever here.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I did make a point of noting that none of the cams I mentioned were fender shakers, they are mild in their respective makers' lineups.

Who's against "free" power, genitalia notwithstanding? grin

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by tzone

Dave,

I too was going to rebuild the FMX for my 69 351W. I'm having issues finding guys that actually do it for a few reasons. 1) The parts are very hard to come by they're telling me. 2) They're dinosaurs. The c4/c6 seems to be an easier to rebuild trans, they're lighter, and can withstand some abuse.

If your guy is going to rebuild that for you, maybe I should get his info from you and give him a shout.

In a street rod or resto mod build I'd maybe not choose the FMX, I certainly wouldn't go out of my way to have one, put it that way. But it's right for this car so we might as well. No prob with the rebuild parts.

If he can rebuild an early air cooled torqueflite (1958), he can damn sure do an FMX. smile

It's common for everybody to say C6, but the transmission guys tell me the C4 can be built to handle HP that the C6 used to be chosen for.

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by mathman
I did make a point of noting that none of the cams I mentioned were fender shakers, they are mild in their respective makers' lineups.

Who's against "free" power, genitalia notwithstanding? grin

Lunati voodoo offerings are on the short list.

grin

Something clever here.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
That mildest one in the Voodoo set seems made to order for the application.

Do you know those cams were designed by the guy who was behind the Ultradyne designs? These Voodoos were one of his last projects before he passed on.

Page 29 of 43 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 42 43

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

450 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 16penny, 12savage, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 51 invisible), 2,886 guests, and 1,166 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,277
Posts18,467,569
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.