Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
D
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
D
A friend of mine (same age, 43) is always complaining about being overweight and needing to start exercising. Every time I go to his house, I wind up on the trampoline with his 9 year old son and 9 year old niece and whatever friends they have over. I usually bear crawl and swipe their legs out from under them while they bounce around me (their favorite game).

I'll go inside and collapse on his living room floor. I'll look at him and say "You're always saying you need to exercise and be more active. Get out there and play with those kids." He just looks at me like I'm crazy and says "No!"

Like I said, maybe I'm just a big kid.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Like I said, maybe I'm just a big kid.

I had no weight problem until my knees went bad. I have plenty to keep me fit and trim, just not the energy to get it done any more. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Nothing wrong with playin' with kids you just have a lazy ass father for a friend.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

D
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Nothing wrong with playin' with kids you just have a lazy ass father for a friend.

Yep. He's actually like a big kid and is very involved in their activities (coaching...). But sometimes you just have to get out there and run with them and have fun. And keeping up with them can be a great workout.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
My dad was a hardworking guy. But when he got home, if I wanted to play catch or toss the football...he'd get up and we'd go play.

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
IC B2

D
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
D
I work out when I can and stay active (cycling, etc), but this morning, after playing on the trampoline all afternoon yesterday, I'm sore in places I'm not used to being sore.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by doover72
I work out when I can and stay active (cycling, etc), but this morning, after playing on the trampoline all afternoon yesterday, I'm sore in places I'm not used to being sore.

Good on you for playing with those kids, today's generation of youth need more exercise than ever, computers, phones, video games, crappy nutrition etc etc.

I picked about two gallons of strawberries with Wifey yesterday, my hamstrings are the very definition of pain this morning. cry

Trump Won!
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Had a friend that lost his son on a friggin trampoline! Kid was 21 years old....going to school at NLU in Monroe, La.; very gifted young man on the track team. Came down such that the back of his head hit the iron outer ring of the trampoline, crushed the back of his skull and was dead before he hit the floor!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dan_Chamberlain
My dad was a hardworking guy. But when he got home, if I wanted to play catch or toss the football...he'd get up and we'd go play.

I too was so blessed with a hard-working and loving Dad, and usually he instigated the batting and fielding practices. It did not hurt that he was a wonderful athlete and baseball player.

I tried to be the same way with my kids and it seemed to work, and have tried to do the same with the grandkids - but something has changed. It feels like they are quicker, more adept and have much better balance and stamina than my kids did.

How can they so outperform what their parents were able to do? And, even though my attitude seems the same as when a kid, why am I so enervated now after doing the same things?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I am only 65, and play hard with my grand daughter. I also run 2-2.5 miles most days. Gotta keep in shape so I can hunt with my son and grandkids.

NRA Patron
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
My Wife has 7 very physically active Grandchildren...actually only 6 when I'm not there. smile

When I no longer have the right to protect my own person or property...my person and property have become public property in common.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 10ring1, 58 invisible), 2,350 guests, and 1,146 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,214
Posts18,466,272
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.