Hop To
Page 15 of 24 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 23 24
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by rost495

Roost,

I think this may be another example of times when attempting to extend our experiences to others may lead us astray. As another example, I dream in color, but others claim to only dream in black and white.

As for how often do we dream, some scientist believe we have a tendency to remember our dreams more when we do not complete a full REM cycle. The better you sleep, the less you remember. Perhaps you are have a tendency to sleep well most nights?

I dont' sleep well at all. I rarely ever get more than an hour at a time. If I get 3 hours at one time I am extremely thankful.

I have no clue about color, I suppose since I don't have a clue its black and white?

Who knows I may dream something tonight where I dont' know the folks or the place.

Funny seems like my dreams are always something thats happened, something that will happen or is planned in the future or at weirdest, folks and places that I know, but don't add up, IE the scenario isn't planned or has not happened...

[/quote]

I'm glad I qualified my previous statement with some scientist believe....The processes behind the subconscious creation of images with in the brain seem to have a wide variance of results. I've also dreamed of things that have come to pass. I've dreamed of my wife wrecking our current vehicle, but since she's wrecked every other vehicle we've purchased since we've been married, it really wasn't all the prophetic when it came true.

Many of mine don't make much sense either, to the point that within the dream I'll realize it makes so little sense, it has to be a dream...

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
GB1

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Calvin
Lots of folks have good reason to not acknowledge or to be dismissive on the subject of hell. But, it's real, whether you like it or not.

That all depends on how you define it.

The classic Zoroastrian Hell as adopted by the Christians, or some wider definition such as the humans create for themselves on this earth, or even withing the confines of their own mind?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I'm not interested in being talked out of my personal experiences, even though any attempt would fail. What I've seen, felt and heard can be explained in more logical and scientific ways but only to a point. I'm proud of my faith and even though some, like antelope sniper, want to explain it to me or denigrate it, my faith doesn't waver. My faith coupled with my experiences aren't up for debate. I'm glad I have the faith that I do. I wish everyone had it.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Lots of folks have good reason to not acknowledge or to be dismissive on the subject of hell. But, it's real, whether you like it or not.

The classic Zoroastrian Hell as adopted by the Christians, or some wider definition such as the humans create for themselves on this earth, or even withing the confines of their own mind?

Hell is eternity without God. Heaven is Eternity with God.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Succinct and accurate in one sentence. Now we'll wait for his long winded reply in his attempt to show how smart he is......

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Ringman
AS
Paul spoke the language. He translated into English for me and I quoted his English.

Prophetic, to say the least.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Succinct and accurate in one sentence. Now we'll wait for his long winded reply in his attempt to show how smart he is......

I feel sorry for guys like that.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

By those definitions, you are all ready in Hell.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

That is a Jehovah Witness explanation. Now I know a lot here are down on them, but I enjoy talking to them. They have a lot of beliefs that are different than mine, but a lot are the same. I was talking to a neighbor the other day, a Baptist, about some things in the bible, and some things that I have heard on TV, about some things that were left out of the Bible when it was put together. He stated that He had to accept that God had the people that put the bible together, put the right stuff in there. I pointed out that man, being man, might have not been that pure and that if all believed the same, there would only be one religion. I don't think any minds were changed, but we had a good civil talk. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Doc, you don't want the farm. One big pain in the butt. The shop needs a new roof, the barn stalls need shoveled out, the chickens are in full rebellion over getting their wings clipped to keep them out of the garden, and the Missus is a slave driver. smile

I was referring specifically to the case you mention of the "lights out defib"... is that what the book refers to?

LOL! Thanks for the dose of reality, Jeff! It's true, I've done enough farmin' to know I don't want to be doing any more of it!

The book cited in the OP has nothing to do with defib. It's a really unique case in the NDE literature. I think it addresses the doubting tommies' arguments pretty well, but you'd have to read it yourself. It's well worth doing, if for no reason other than to satisfy your curiosity.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
IC B3

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Ringman
AS
Paul spoke the language. He translated into English for me and I quoted his English.

Okay, what were their real names, no one was named Paul, John, Luke, Mark, Matthew etc etc in that part of the world.

Or are those translated names for our feel good religion based on fear?..............................fear the wrath and pay 10% or else. crazyBFS.

Trump Won!
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
There is a 50/50 chance there is or is not a God. I prefer the safe bet.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
I don't buy mans BS interpretation of the subject, near every BS lying thieving lowdown POS sombitch I've ever ran across had, was, is, talking about our heavenly father, Jesus Christ! crazy

Trump Won!
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
My big fear of hell is that I'll have to spend eternity there with a BUNCH of Christians and Catholics...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Dats a BIG nochitter. shocked laugh

Trump Won!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by ingwe
My big fear of hell is that I'll have to spend eternity there with a BUNCH of Christians and Catholics...

You likely are not incorrect.

Back to dreaming..... amazingly last night I dreamed and I remebered both. Both were not color. Both were people and places I knew. Neither incident happened to me as of now, and neither will.

But still have not dreamed of unknown stuff.

But at least the dream meant I slept well, and I did for the first time in a LONG time, I managed almost 5 hours at one shot.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
I slept 9 hrs like a rock last night Rost, wonder what kind on inner peace I posses?

Trump Won!
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by DocRocket
AS... mock to your heart's content. When I wrote the OP 2 years ago I started the thread with this sentence:

The "Heaven is real..." thread got me to thinking about this. I know it pizzes some folks off when metaphysical topics come up, but it's something others have a genuine interest in. So to the former, I say move along, I'm not preaching at you.

And I closed the OP with this one:

If you choose to disregard or disbelieve this, that is your choice. But if anyone reading this has been sitting on the fence and wondering, I suggest you take this anecdote for what it's worth and do some research on your own in the field of near-death experiences. Not everyone has a happy experience as Eben Alexander did. It might prove a good motivation to get to know the Lord.

I don't believe you need or deserve any further response than this.

Well done Doc.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Investigations into the OP account...

http://www.skeptic.com/insight/proof-of-heaven/

See my sig lines! laugh

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by gunner500
I slept 9 hrs like a rock last night Rost, wonder what kind on inner peace I posses?

If I could do that, I'd have some peace I know! LOL.

The only place I can sleep most of the night is in Alaska for some reason. When we get there, and crawl in the sleeping bags, its just natural to be able to sleep a full night every night we are there....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Page 15 of 24 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 23 24

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

65 members (Akhutr, 10gaugemag, Anaconda, 6MMWASP, 6 invisible), 1,609 guests, and 797 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,202
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.