Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
D
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
D
Just back from a terrific hunt with KMG Hunting Safaris in the Eastern Cape. 4th trip to Africa but my first time to the Eastern Cape, and the terrain and vegetation made for some excellent hunting. On the outfitting end food and lodging were top rate as was equipment / planning/ communications. Good hunting and good company, what else does anyone need in a hunt?

Main goal was a pair of Bushbuck and a Blue Duiker and we had very good success on both along with a few more in 8 full hunting days. Impala, Blesbok, Jackal by calling, Mountain Reedbuck and some management hunting to fill in around the edges; were all part of the hunt. Even did a short notice Vaal Rhebok hunt for a day, but I blew our best chance by missing a shot, unfinished business for a future hunt maybe.

Blue Duiker was done with a pair of beagles on a driven hunt with Marius’ 12 ga O/U and was one of many highlights of the trip. Took a worn to the nubs example and couldn’t be happier if it was a 60” Kudu! Awesome hunt I would recommend to anyone.

I did use Riflepermits.com for assistance through J’berg and Henry and his crew were top notch for both SAPS approval and storage of my rifle for a time when I did some touring after my hunt.

Leaving directly from JFK, I did not overnight in J’berg but continued through to Port Elizabeth and stayed just off the waterfront at The Windermere for a day on both ends of the hunt portion of my trip; and doing it again I should have stayed a few more days in PE, nice town and wished I had time to have seen more.

Later I traveled to Sabi Sands to stay for a few days with a camera and daily encounters with Leopard and Lion made for an eventful trip as did fishing for 2 day’s with old friends.

I always think this will be the last African trip and I’m already pondering how to get back…..I have some unfinished business with some members of the Tiny 10 and I know KMG and Marius will get the call. Can't seem to let go of this Elephant thing either, maybe we'll tackle that first?

Some pics;
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

BP-B2

D
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
D
A few more

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by dinsdale; 04/24/16.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I'm leaving May 5 for PE and a hunt with Two Waters. I've only been once before, but they all look like good trophys to me, especially the Impala. Looks like fun

Charlie

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Those bushbuck are outstanding!

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ingwe
Those bushbuck are outstanding!

Understatement of the year! Your hunt looks fantastic, and by the photos, I can tell you enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Excellent hunt! I enjoyed the Eastern Cape far more than I thought and PE is a great overnight for trips here

G
GRF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Great bushbucks! Thanks for posting.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Holy nice friggin' bushbuck!

Wow, nice job!

D
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
D
Thanks all for the comments....

Planned and researched this hunt based on a track record of quality Bushbuck and it sure didn't disappoint!

Still smiling.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by dinsdale
Thanks all for the comments....

Planned and researched this hunt based on a track record of quality Bushbuck and it sure didn't disappoint!

Still smiling.

Well done! I never had a doubt................

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Congratulations! Awesome looking Bushbuck. That was the one that eluded me on my safari.

Cheers,
Eric

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks for taking the time to do the write up Dan! It is much appreciated. The bushpig baiting paid off.
Hunter took a ripper of a pig.

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
Professional Hunter and Outfitter
South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Zambia
http://www.huntsafaris.co.za
[email protected]

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
400 members (1lesfox, 300jimmy, 160user, 257 mag, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 40 invisible), 2,086 guests, and 920 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,594
Posts18,398,021
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.