Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
A
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
A
Maybe this topic has been covered before, but I am currently looking at the Kuiu Chinook or Attack Pants vs the Sitka Mountain or Timberline Pants. Need something for some warm weather hunting/early season scouting. What do you guys prefer? fit/feel/durability/water resistance all in question. Price wise, Kuiu seems to be decently cheaper on most models. These would be for CO hunting so for Kuiu the verde or vias camo? Any/all input helps.

GB1

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I have some of both, Kuiu fits a little better and is cheaper. I cant tell the difference in quality. So i am picking KUIU.

I am sure more people will chime in. Almost Ford vs Chevy.

A
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
A
thanks for the input noduck. I would have thought there would be more opinions out there. I'm sure at the end of the day, they are both solid options.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/11017250/1/Kuiu_feedback_needed

Did you read through this one? It's literally five threads down from yours.

A
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
A
thanks 8snake, must have missed that one. sounds like kuiu is well received. just runs small.

IC B2

805 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The kuiu attack pants are one of the best pants I've used. You will be happy with them!

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Yep, get the attack pants. Wear them early season and then combine with a base layer in October and November.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have tried both and use Sitka for hunting western states.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member

While I've never tried the Mountain or Timberline Pants, I have a pair of the Sitka Ascent pants and wouldn't want anything heavier for warm weather hunting/early season scouting. It may be worthwhile looking at those also.

Chris

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have the Mountain pants and am very pleased with them. Comfort and durability wise. Wore them on a late hunt here in NM with layers and on my January Oryx hunt. The knee pads were a great help as I crawled just under 1300 yards on hands and knees. Pants showed no signs of it, other than dirt..

There's 2 dates they carve on your tombstone.
Everyone knows what they mean.
What's more important is time that is known
as the little dash inbetween.

Razz
IC B3

A
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
A
Thanks Chris, i'll look into those as well. Seems to me that the attack pants for Kuiu and Ascent for Sitka are on the same level as far as heaviness?
definitely don't want something too heavy as i will be moving around a lot. the knee pads on the mountain are a nice touch, Razz do you think those are too heavy to be wearing in the early season?

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have Sitka Early Season Whitetail, Mountain and Timberline.

The ESW pants are so comfy we joked it was like hunting in your pajamas. Very light.

Mountain and Timberline have the knee pads with Timberline having the waterproof knees and butt and are just as comfy....with one exception. If you have the knee pads in, it presses a little on your kneecap. On a long day hike, that might get annoying but pretty simple to just pull them out. Given the closeness between these two, I would go with the Timberline for the waterproof options.

Note that there are a lot of places to buy discounted Sitka these days. Watch Camofire, check Amazon often, Cabelas bargain cave, etc. All my stuff has been bought at 60% or less of what you see it advertised for. Just gotta be patient.

I havent used Kuiu.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
A
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
A
Thanks for the input; i went with the kuiu attack pants and received them the other day. Went with the 36 when i typically wear a 34 and they fit perfectly. just enough room to throw some thermals on underneath for the later season so they definitely run a little small. other than they, they feel like exactly what i was looking for.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

120 members (338reddog, 673, 444Matt, 6MMWASP, 257robertsimp, 450yukon, 14 invisible), 1,668 guests, and 1,004 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,184
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.