R
glock 43 all day everyday till winter then a glock 19 all day everyday

FJB
BP-B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I carry a Ruger Blackhawk a lot, but open carry. And not in town.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
There is a huge difference between what you can conceal in the summer and what you can conceal in a Minnesota winter.
I get a kick out of the guys who wear jackets in warm weather. A cop told me that one time he was investigating something in Mpls wearing plainclothes and he was wearing civilian clothes and playing pool in a bar. He went to the bar to order food and a drink.
The bartender refused his money saying," We don't charge cops."
This guy had no idea that anyone could tell he was a cop.

Last edited by whelennut; 04/26/16.

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member

Funny you should mention that because I used to see FBI agents try to infiltrate certain places pretending to be civilians and EVERYONE in the juke joint knew they were FBI guys after they had taken three steps into the room. They just stuck out in a small southern town even though they did everything they could to hide it. Their hair cuts and clean shaves usually gave them away, but the way they walked, talked, and looked made it imposible for them to pull it off. Why the bureau ever thought it was a good idea to send agents with strong northern accents down south to pose as redneck southerners I will never understand, but they did.

Last edited by BobWills; 04/26/16.

Despite what your momma told you, violence does solve problems.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
one of these:

[Linked Image]

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by whelennut
There is a huge difference between what you can conceal in the summer and what you can conceal in a Minnesota winter.
I get a kick out of the guys who wear jackets in warm weather. A cop told me that one time he was investigating something in Mpls wearing plainclothes and he was wearing civilian clothes and playing pool in a bar. He went to the bar to order food and a drink.
The bartender refused his money saying," We don't charge cops."
This guy had no idea that anyone could tell he was a cop.

I disagree with that. I don't have a problem concealing a full size Glock in either summer or winter dress.

It's all about holster selection

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Shorts, a big belt, longer T shirt, boat shoes and a G17. grin

D
djb Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Thanks for all the replies. In winter with jeans, t, and a flannel there are a lot of options, but as has been said, "sticking out" on a 90 degree day wearing a jacket could bring trouble. Spring is here and had me thinking on the subject.

2 weeks ago we dined at the Columbus restaurant where the muslim machete attack took place. It is not a high risk area, and it is a shame the culture now dictates the need to be prepared at all times. Experience will help refine my technique.

I still can't imagine a full size 1911 tugging at my waist all day.

The truth angers those whom it does not convince
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by djb

I still can't imagine a full size 1911 tugging at my waist all day.
I did it for years. Amazing what you can get used to. Takes about a week, so long as you have the right holster and belt. Next thing you know, you forget it's there. Now, with an all steel Government Model 1911, you will definitely know it's there if you have to run anywhere with it. Short of that, though, you can easily get where you forget it's there. It's a flat gun and tends to snug right up to you without discomfort.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A 4 inch S&W M15 .38 and a full-size pre B CZ75. Old school, I know.

"There are no dangerous weapons. There are only dangerous men." - Robert Heinlein
IC B3

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
IMO the best way to carry a 1911 is IWB

[Linked Image]

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I'm not one to brag . . .

<><><> http://www.thunderwear.com/images/comfort.jpg <><><>

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
I think some of you must be pretty girthy if you you can hide a full size 1911 when only wearing a t-shirt and shorts!;)

I have been using a Sig P938 when in a t & shorts. It's small enough to hide really easily.

When it's cool enough I've been carrying a Govt model as of late.

“You never need fear a man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens, call on me, and I will equalize.”
Samuel Colt.

�Common sense is genius dressed up in work clothes.� - Ralph Waldo Emerson

D
djb Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by BigNate
I think some of you must be pretty girthy if you you can hide a full size 1911 when only wearing a t-shirt and shorts!;)

Funny, I was thinking of including that in my initial post. 6'2 210 with a 33 inch waist; "stuff' stands out pretty well on me. G-rated here guys grin

The truth angers those whom it does not convince
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't carry based on what I'm wearing, I carry based on what I'm preparing for.

If you're carrying a gun, you're preparing for the worst case possible scenario. If you're carrying a tiny gun with no reload you're assuming that in the worst case scenario everything will go as well as possible.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I carry either a Smith 6946 or a Smith 5904 (3rd gen 9mm doublestacks, one 3.5" 12rd mag, other 4" 15-17rd mag). This is year-round in AZ which is a very high % of shorts and tee shirt weather. A loose shirt that hangs on you should conceal most anything short of an XP-100.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
I don't carry based on what I'm wearing, I carry based on what I'm preparing for.

If you're carrying a gun, you're preparing for the worst case possible scenario. If you're carrying a tiny gun with no reload you're assuming that in the worst case scenario everything will go as well as possible.

This is dead on.

Dressing around the proper gun and carry load to meet worse case scenarios involves right holster & belt, surrounded by the clothes to conceal the carry method. Practice and planning are keys IME.

Carrying a SS 1911 GM 9x23 as I type this with 3 mags, as easily as the LWT 45 ACP Commanders I more frequently carry, with same reload complement. IWB or OWB holsters & properly fitted belts of proper design for the gun and body type can't be overemphasized. Worth the investment.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Most carried is a G23 or G19. djb mentioned he's a minimalist. Often shorts/tshirt. I do this with a mid-size Glock in the same shorts/tshirt but usually untuck the shirt, the G43 should be perfect for this.

Clip draw (could be done without this), trigger guard (can be used for pocket carry), and a decent belt...minimal, comfortable, and secure:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

Good comments & post, Blue.

I don't own a single mouse gun for those very reasons; not only are they inadequate for the purpose, they're just plain APIA to shoot at ranges over a few feet.

Originally Posted by BigNate
I think some of you must be pretty girthy if you you can hide a full size 1911 when only wearing a t-shirt and shorts!)

Well, I'm 6'1", 220 lbs. & wear a size 38 waist pant, if that makes me girthy.

I can wear shorts & a loose T-shirt or Island type shirt & easily conceal any 1911 made, in a decent holster.

Obviously, well maybe not so obvious to some, a belt capable of holding the gun & holster & snugged up to accomplish same, is a must.............you surely can't wear the shorts with no belt & have them hanging down around your ass; also can't wear a compression T-shirt either, also rather obvious, well maybe.

MM

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by RufusG
A loose shirt that hangs on you should conceal most anything short of an XP-100.
This.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
691 members (10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12308300, 007FJ, 160user, 10Glocks, 76 invisible), 2,742 guests, and 1,309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,637
Posts18,398,948
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.