Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Kimber SS Pro Carry series 1 - Commander-length 1911 - my fav.

BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I would like a quad 50 but it is not in the budget this year.

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm changing over from my winter carry G19 to the G43 for summer.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What's summer at the North Pole, about 2 weeks in July?

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
IC B2

R
RGK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Been trying to work with this; a little bigger than my usual 649 S&W. Since I've retired the duty/service pistol thing isn't necessary.
Bob

[Linked Image]

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
This Springfield XDS .45 gets carried a lot in the summer IWB

[Linked Image]

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
There are some good articles on the NRA shooting illustrated website.
You may want to do some research.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RGK
Been trying to work with this; a little bigger than my usual 649 S&W. Since I've retired the duty/service pistol thing isn't necessary.
Bob

[Linked Image]

I find that quite do-able, most of the time.

Needs a C&S safety though. wink

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Check out our average temp's , it will surprise you.

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Found that a full sized 1911 is hard for me to conceal due to my smaller physical frame size. I like the full size because of the mass, it helps my physical size and mass keep it down when rapid firing. Lightweight poly frames just do not have the mass to help me keep accurate in the .45 caliber because of my frame size. I recently picked up a Colt 1991 A1 Officers, It still has mass and I am getting fair with keeping it on target yet it is much easier to keep tucked away and hidden, starting to like it... smile

When I no longer have the right to protect my own person or property...my person and property have become public property in common.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by RGK
Bob

[Linked Image]

A nice BHP in a worn in leather holster. Does it get any better?

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by djb
So what is your threshold for a weapon for actual daily carry?

Threshold high or threshold low?

For the most part my absolute minimal gun is a 5 shot J frame .357 loaded with Federal 125s. I can't think of the last time I packed anything smaller without also packing something larger.

My normal carry gun is a 4-5/8" single action .44 magnum or a 4" barreled DA .44 magnum.

If I ever move back into a larger town I'll probably go with a Commander-sized 1911. I've also given the Glock 29 SF some thought but double stack mags mostly don't fit my hand. Best semi-auto for my hands is a Kimber Pro Carry. Of the high cap guns, a Browning Hi Power isn't horrible.

Summer here will throw a few 105 degree or hotter days. Concealing ANYTHING, other than with a fanny pack holster, is pretty much impossible. Glock 43 might have a place in a pants pocket.

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
I have carried a Glock 20 and a full size 1911 as my EDC for years wit no problem. My current carry gun is a 3 inch barrelled Ruger GP100 10mm. The right holster and belt make it very comfortable to carry.

Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
speaking of that beretta 21a, i call it the "bra" gun. number of years ago my wife was doing a lot of hiking in the phoenix parks system where issues were happening. Typically shorts and tshirt, really hot temps. Thus the bra gun.
it fits quite easily in that empty spot in the bra between the two boobs. Can't really tell its there.
I told her of in a situation empty the dang thing in the guy's face, throw it at him, and run like the dickens. Doubt leaking blood he would be able much to keep up with you.
I have a female friend that does a lot of desert long distance hiking. Shorts and a tshirt. she found a way to conceal one of those little ruger 38specials.
I carry the most firepower i can in a descrete manner, and given when i think i will be.
But, since my normal attire year round is shorts and a tshirt, a fanny pack or shoulder holster tends to carry most of it.
this weekend going into a really desolate area, it's a model 28 in a shoulder holster, and a a4carbine. Because i don't have to be concerned about concealing it.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Years ago I was portaging a canoe in the Boundary Waters Wilderness. I was wearing a shoulder holster with a S&W Model 29 44 magnum.
I got some looks but nobody said a word about it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Everyday carry is a Glock G19 unless I'm in a grizzly bear area, then it's a rifle or a 44 mag Redhawk. The secret is a good belt and holster (and a untucked shirt to cover it).

Last edited by kalbrecht; 04/29/16.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't carry all that frequently, but when I do it's the Glock 19. For woods bumming my carry gun is a S&W 4" 686 .357 which fits nicely into a padded fanny pack worn on my right hip.

Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
Originally Posted by kalbrecht
Everyday carry is a Glock G19 unless I'm in a grizzly bear area, then it's a rifle or a 44 mag Redhawk. The secret is a good belt and holster (and a untucked shirt to cover it).

G19 for me too, all day every day except at work, where it's mandatory termination if you bring a gun in the office. I've found the G19 to be easy enough to carry all year round, if you're serious about carrying and dressing around the gun. That doesn't mean 5.11 vests or other "shoot me first" clothing, just a little forethought. T-shirt and jeans is all I need to conceal it in the summer; winter is easy.

Body shape is important of course. If you've got a gut, appendix carry probably won't work well, but if you're in decent shape, you can easily conceal bigger guns than the G19 all year round. Personally I find the G19 carried AIWB comfortable enough that I don't even bother taking it off for naps.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
speaking of that beretta 21a, i call it the "bra" gun. number of years ago my wife was doing a lot of hiking in the phoenix parks system where issues were happening. Typically shorts and tshirt, really hot temps. Thus the bra gun.
it fits quite easily in that empty spot in the bra between the two boobs. Can't really tell its there.

A buddy of mine has a wife who could concealed carry a scoped Super Redhawk that way.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
97 members (16penny, 257_X_50, 338Rules, 444Matt, Akpilot, 13 invisible), 1,757 guests, and 769 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,701
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.