Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Redneck Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Somehow I have owned dozens of cars, hundreds of guns, countless motorized off road vehicles and tons of other equipment that came with a manual and they have all worked for me and I haven't read one manual.

Is there something in there I need to know?
Read your manual to find out.. laugh

Originally Posted by 5sdad
Many times, rather than being either stupid or lazy, they have far too much "experience" and/or "basic understanding of how mechanical things work" to have the need to consult with a manual.
Yeah - like the guy who has a Rem 870 express in .410.. And he sez "every time I take it apart and put it back together I can't work the action and shells won't feed from the magazine."

Of course he was TOO SMART to READ THE MANUAL on proper reassembly.. Didn't KNOW he had to push back on the RH feed latch before the left when replacing the bolt/action arms.. He's lucky he didn't break off the tip..

(sigh)..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
GB1

C
cdb Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by wildfowl
BEST EVER: Friend used to work for Browning in their service center. Guy mailed in a shotgun saying that after he installed the choke tube, the gun would not load shells and he could not get the tube removed.

The joker put the choke tube in the CHAMBER end of the barrel, not the muzzle end. He had to have the gun disassembled to get the choke in and somehow got it screwed in.

Needless to say the barrel was toast and they gave him a new one, with a new manual, and an extra personally addressed letter explaining which end the chokes went in......

Same thing happened last fall. Guy bought an A5 from Gander Mountain and tried to install a choke in the chamber because it wouldn't go in the muzzle, which of course it would not because there was already a choke installed. He brought it to my store because he was too embarrassed to take it back where he bought it.

Don't roll those bloodshot eyes at me.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Kinda like folks what think that they don't need marksmanship training!

Their great great great grandfather was Daniel Boone or Annie Oakley!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

384 members (1lesfox, 10ring1, 160user, 06hunter59, 16penny, 12344mag, 32 invisible), 1,754 guests, and 934 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,178
Posts18,465,565
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.