Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by gophergunner
The first apartment I moved into had had some party kids living in it before me. My understanding is they grew some weed in there and had to leave in a hurry as the local police were showing interest in having a little Come to Jesus with them. About the third night I was in there, two kids came knocking on the door at about 2:30 in the morning after the bars started closing. I had no idea who they were or why they were knocking on my door. I rolled out of bed, hit the floor and racked the 870 all in one motion. They took off like a couple of turpentined cats. Never had a lick of trouble after that. They damned hear got hit by a car when they ran across the street, as I heard breaks skidding, and some choice invective's hurled their way as they hit the street.
I guess it's true what they say about the sound of a pump shotgun having its action racked.

It can indeed have a sobering effect

Things were looking to get very ugly & we were badly outnumbered in a campsite in Valdez but racking the slide restored peace & tranquility

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I don't think much of bumps in the night but this one had both the dog and the cat wired. Who knows.

We do this little song and dance a few times a year, and it's usually something like a skunk fallen in a garbage can, sometimes a coon. We set the trail camera out but got nothing but deer and bear. This one was on the porch. Not soft footed like a bear, and plus you could smell a bear for a minute or so. My dog lets me know if something's been there, and she didn't hit any scent of anything.

Interesting thought on the owl chasing something, we do have an owl.

We do get some creaking as the house expands and contracts.

*Forgot to mention, there was a famous Sasquatch sighting a mile from the house back in the 80's. How old would that make him now? grin A local dentist swears he and his wife crossed one down by the Oregon Caves about 30 miles away. That poor guy, it changed his life forever and he's been ridiculed to no end. Yeah, it was prolly one a them bigfoots.

One of the nicest guys I know. Just a good solid citizen saw a ufo. You can tell it was a life changing experience for him & part of that change is the hesitation telling it as lots have folks have written him off as crazy for his rebelling of the events

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by muleshoe
Watching Survivor??

You turn in your man card? grin

+1

Ted
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
I don't think much of bumps in the night but this one had both the dog and the cat wired. Who knows.

We do this little song and dance a few times a year, and it's usually something like a skunk fallen in a garbage can, sometimes a coon. We set the trail camera out but got nothing but deer and bear. This one was on the porch. Not soft footed like a bear, and plus you could smell a bear for a minute or so. My dog lets me know if something's been there, and she didn't hit any scent of anything.

*Forgot to mention, there was a famous Sasquatch sighting a mile from the house back in the 80's. How old would that make him now? grin A local dentist swears he and his wife crossed one down by the Oregon Caves about 30 miles away. That poor guy, it changed his life forever and he's been ridiculed to no end. Yeah, it was prolly one a them bigfoots.

One of the nicest guys I know. Just a good solid citizen saw a ufo. You can tell it was a life changing experience for him & part of that change is the hesitation telling it as lots have folks have written him off as crazy for his rebelling of the events

My parents told me about it when I was about 5 or 6. It was one of their first dates back in 59 or 60.

They're in their 70's now and it's still extremely difficult to get them to talk about it.
It still spooks them.

Driving home from a neighboring town with a movie theater this orange orb paced them for about 20 miles.

3 to 5 ft diameter.
About 75 or 100 yards off the road.

They slowed, it slowed.
Speed up, it paralleled.
Stop and get out to stare, it hovered.

When they turned off the main highway it turned too, and continued parallel pace.

Just before town it cut 90 degrees up and disappeared accelerating like lightning.

Of all the thousands of things I've ever heard my parents talk about in my life, this is the only weird one.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Archerhunter
My parents told me about it when I was about 5 or 6. It was one of their first dates back in 59 or 60.

They're in their 70's now and it's still extremely difficult to get them to talk about it.
It still spooks them.

Driving home from a neighboring town with a movie theater this orange orb paced them for about 20 miles.

3 to 5 ft diameter.

They slowed, it slowed.
Speed up, it paralleled.

When they turned off the main highway it turned too, and continued parallel pace.

Just before town it cut 90 degrees up and disappeared accelerating like lightning.

Of all the thousands of things I've ever heard my parents talk about in my life, this is the only weird one.

I knew there was something strange about you........Yer an alien baby! wink

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by websterparish47
Randy, I remember those old black folks with their white tires in their yard. Also they usually had no grass in their yards. Kept the yards swept clean. Fear of snakes?

Yep, didnt have a lawnmower and didnt want tall grass/snakes in the yard. They hoed the yard and kept the grass kill off. I've seen my grandmother do it.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I knew there was something strange about you........Yer an alien baby! wink

shhhhh.
grin
wink

3 year gestation...

One old friend of the family told me when I was a kid, "your parents don't have any imagination. They used it all up on you."

laugh
True story!

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Last year I had a coyote stick his head through the doggy door during broad daylight. One of my dogs was napping a couple feet away but both dogs went berserk and shot out the doggy door after him.

I killed that coyote about 10 days later from my front porch with a shotgun during daylight.

$$$ TRUMP AT THE PUMP 2024 $$$
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Archerhunter
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit

It still spooks them.

3 to 5 ft diameter.

They slowed, it slowed.
Speed up, it paralleled.

Hallucinogenics were popular back in the day grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hallucinogenics were popular back in the day

Yes, I know.
smile

But mom and dad both swear to this day they never did any drugs.

I believe them.

Please remember dad is not just some run of the mill luthier music teaching composer reloading gunsmithing bowyer arrowsmith machinist electronic engineer, he was also a State Patrolman in his spare time.
And his father was a judge in the county court of law.

Don't dismiss their testimony.

I've never personally witnessed anything weird like this.
Call me stupid or crazy all you want ladies and gentlemen.

But if you could see the look in mom and dad's eyes when this subject comes up you'd understand...

There is something else here.
And it's not mothman.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by gophergunner
The first apartment I moved into had had some party kids living in it before me. My understanding is they grew some weed in there and had to leave in a hurry as the local police were showing interest in having a little Come to Jesus with them. About the third night I was in there, two kids came knocking on the door at about 2:30 in the morning after the bars started closing. I had no idea who they were or why they were knocking on my door. I rolled out of bed, hit the floor and racked the 870 all in one motion. They took off like a couple of turpentined cats. Never had a lick of trouble after that. They damned hear got hit by a car when they ran across the street, as I heard breaks skidding, and some choice invective's hurled their way as they hit the street.

Buddy of mine in college was about 10 years older than me..

He had been in the Marines, did a couple of tours of Vietnam, came home, got on the Boston PD, and then started taking college courses on the GI Bill...

He lived in an apartment in Back Bay, ground floor with a couple of buddies he grew up with....was a lot of junkies in that area in those days.....and they'd be all hopped up on drugs, and even tho he was an accomplished Martial Arts guy, he hit one after they broke in at 2 in the morning and it wouldn't even phase them....

He was the first guy to ever tell me this way.... they may be high or not speak English, or even have no clue who they are... but it doesn't matter where they are from, what language they speak or even how high and strung out they are....no guy doesn't know what the sound of a 12 gauge ratcheting sounds like....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Lots of cops have seen things because their jobs require them to be in places at times when stuff is seeable. Few talk about it because they've seen people hauled off to the Funny Farm for less.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Roy,

what I am betting what it was that you never saw, but heard, was a cougar....

there are several running loose up where you live....

Friend of mine, had me and a few other buddies spend a night or two on guard on a piece of property overnight up just past Riverbanks Rd there.

They had lost several llamas to a cougar...it was seen and shot one night sneaking in on the property....

a week later llamas started disappearing once again...

another one was taken out doing the same thing...

they found several 400 lb llama carcasses 50 ft or more up in a tree

There are a couple running loose on Bolt Mountain behind my house, as I've found tracks in the yard over the years, and also while hiking over on county land off of Stringer Gap...

Jerome Prairie School sent home notes with the kids several times when my son went to school there, that their had been cougar tracks and scatt found on the playground there...

I'd bet dollars to donuts that is what you heard....but never saw, that also caused your animals to go nuts...

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

668 members (10ring1, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 70 invisible), 2,907 guests, and 1,344 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,479
Posts18,451,860
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.