L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Nine pounds max.

Scoped?

Scope, bases,slings,etc. too many options and subjective.

Barreled action + stock/pad/swivels would be easiest to translate.

GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by doover72
Years ago, when I used to play a little music, I hung around way too many singer/song writers. Even the ones who didn't get high (or at least not much) were too wierd to figure out.

Not just weird but extremely Egotistical. The competition between Egos did me in with continuing this lifestyle. It was amazing anything productive got accomplished at all.

Last edited by Bugout4x4; 04/24/16.

When I no longer have the right to protect my own person or property...my person and property have become public property in common.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 6mm250
All you damn homos can quit with the damn Merle-love already.

Merle was a fuggin obamalover

Merle Haggard on obama ;

“It was also nice to meet Obama and find him very different from the media makeout. It’s really almost criminal what they [the media] do with our President,” Haggard tells Rolling Stone. “There seems to be no shame or anything. They call him all kinds of names all day long, saying he’s doing certain things that he’s not. It’s just a big old political game that I don’t want to be part of. There are people spending their lives putting him down.”

Read More: Merle Haggard: 'It's Criminal What They Do to Our President' | http://tasteofcountry.com/merle-haggard-president-obama/?trackback=tsmclip

Mike

Not terribly surprising.

Black Cows Matter!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If the current fuss about Prince (may he RIP) doesn't sum to anything else, it provides a grim picture of the degree to which discernment and taste have sunk in this culture during the past 25 years or so. His writings and performances were designed to appeal to the base aspects - and he was very successful.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A guy I worked with in the late eighties was a mechanic in the Bakersfield CA area before moving to southern Missouri

He had worked on Merle's car and Merle skipped on the bill

He hated Merle

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by shrapnel
[Linked Image]

I dug his music...but that right there, made me laugh out loud.

Goo' one!

Trump HAD the World, ", Trump saw our children, "
Trump saw a way to make a brighter day so he started giving
There was a choice he was making, he was saving our own lives
Its true he made a brighter day for you and me. --Trump WINS 2016
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by CCCC
If the current fuss about Prince (may he RIP) doesn't sum to anything else, it provides a grim picture of the degree to which discernment and taste have sunk in this culture during the past 25 years or so. His writings and performances were designed to appeal to the base aspects - and he was very successful.

We get it...you don't like Prince or his music, you've made that abundantly clear. Others of us disagree. Sure is a lot of effort on here being put into tearing the man down after he died. I think now I'll go fire up the turntable and put on my Purple Rain album and satisfy my obviously base and uncultured instincts.

Last edited by Squirrelnut; 04/25/16.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted By CCCC

It's funny how you labor under the delusion everything has to meet your approval to be valid.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I cant believe I read this whole f'n thread

"Papa ! Nana made turtles in the potty !"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Snyper

It's funny how you labor under the delusion everything has to meet your approval to be valid.

You speak like you have the reasoning power of a moron, and you certainly have no idea how I reason or labor. Big assumptions, but zero credibility there.

I didn't say a thing about the "validity" of the guy's music - said he was a successful performer, and merely stated an opinion on tastes - firmly. Only a nitwit would expect a person with different tastes and standards to jump in line with the likes of you. Why not try to get used to the fact that you can't read the minds and dictate the intent of others, and that some folks may think lowly of what you like.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Squirrelnut

We get it...you don't like Prince or his music, you've made that abundantly clear. Others of us disagree. Sure is a lot of effort on here being put into tearing the man down after he died. I think now I'll go fire up the turntable and put on my Purple Rain album and satisfy my obviously base and uncultured instincts.

You are wrong - I do like some of what he played at times and never said I didn't. Did you miss the part about musicianship?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Snyper

You speak like you have the reasoning power of a moron, and you certainly have no idea how I reason or labor. Big assumptions, but zero credibility there.

I didn't say a thing about the "validity" of the guy's music - said he was a successful performer, and merely stated an opinion on tastes - firmly. Only a nitwit would expect a person with different tastes and standards to jump in line with the likes of you. Why not try to get used to the fact that you can't read the minds and dictate the intent of others, and that some folks may think lowly of what you like.

I've read enough of your posts to reach that opinion, and your reply reinforces it.

If "culture" is sinking, you're part of the problem wink

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by mule1
I cant believe I read this whole f'n thread

I find myself saying that a lot around here. But, usually, it's on about page 40 or 50...But I keep reading.

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I never much cared for his stuff. It just wasn't my kind of weird. There is no doubt the man was very talented though.

Below is a video of him with Tom Petty, Steve Windwood, Jeff Lane and a few others doing the Beatles tune: While my guitar gently weeps at the 2004 rock and roll hall of fame inductions. At about 3:28 in the video it's his turn and he does it right. The man was good at what he was good at.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I liked a couple of his songs, "Time" and "Pop Life" but you seldom hear them on the radio anymore.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Snyper - you are a presumptuous coward who can't begin to defend his own bad assumptions.. "IF" culture is sinking?? You can't even define the problem, let alone begin to determine the cause. Any mirrors at your place??

Last edited by CCCC; 04/25/16.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Merle, Prince, Tom Brady....they're all just entertainers boys...they live in one world and we live in another and we buy what they sell...or not.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by cra1948
Merle, Prince, Tom Brady....they're all just entertainers boys...they live in one world and we live in another and we buy what they sell...or not.

++

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

101 members (338reddog, 260Remguy, 44automag, 4xbear, 79S, 673, 14 invisible), 1,675 guests, and 935 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,188
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.