Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Just read this, and it just reaffirms my belief that many otherwise intelligent people simply have no common sense. If you're a veterinarian, just what would possess you to post a picture of the tomcat, that you just arrowed, on Facebook, and brag about it???

Texas Vet Fights To Keep License

A woman from Brenham who posted on Facebook about killing a cat with an arrow is fighting this week to keep her veterinary license.

Kristen Lindsey is taking part in an administrative hearing before the Texas Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners that is expected to last three days, KAGS-TV reports.

Lindsey sparked outrage in April 2015 when she posted a picture on Facebook in which she was holding an orange-and-white tomcat that had been shot in the head with an arrow.

“My first bow kill LOL,” the post said. “The only good feral tomcat is one with an arrow through its head! Vet of the year award … gladly accepted.”

Lindsey was later fired from the veterinary clinic she worked at.

A veterinary board committee recommended that her license be revoked, but she has been able to continue practicing as a vet while appealing her suspension.

Lindsey and the board attempted to reach a settlement in mediation last month, but their failure to do so resulted in this week’s hearing.

The board called witnesses Monday who said that the cat was their pet, Tiger, and not a stray, KAGS-TV reported.

An attorney for Lindsey argued that it was a different cat.

An Austin County grand jury declined to indict Lindsey on animal-cruelty charges in June.

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I [bleep] hate cats. Your cat better not be in my yard. Want to keep it alive? Keep it inside.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Stupid move on her part. The Facebook posting, I mean. Shooting feral cats NBD.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Worlds gone nuts

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The question is whether or not she did it legally. Terminal stupidity isn't grounds to lose her license.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Chris_EOD
I [bleep] hate cats. Your cat better not be in my yard. Want to keep it alive? Keep it inside.

Don't misunderstand me. I have no problem with her killing the cat, as I've killed them before, and don't doubt that I will again. The Facebook post bragging about it, with pictures, is what put her squarely in the dumbazz category.

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I've seen so many otherwise somewhat intelligent people totally screw themselves by posting stupid stuff on Facebook.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
S,S,S. Not to bright to post it ANYWHERE on the internet nowadays.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Facebook isn't the only place that's overran with idiots.

Good thing there , though, is that whoever starts a thread has the ability to cancel out idiots that post BS on his thread.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cats is cats.
Most of 'em need killin'.

I dunno.

I try to do my share of the work lain out before us but there's only so much one man can do.

All I know for sure, word to the wise, is if ya stick an arrow in one and he turns 2 complete flips don't report it on the Leatherwall.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk

Don't misunderstand me. I have no problem with her killing the cat, as I've killed them before, and don't doubt that I will again. The Facebook post bragging about it, with pictures, is what put her squarely in the dumbazz category.

Yeah I gotcha, I just wanted to bitch about cats. I loathe them. They are the liberals of the animal kingdom.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I'm not sure we should cower in the face of political correctness.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dead cats need buried.

Deep!

Don't ever try to cook and eat one them nasty bastards.
Word to the wise.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

We have a lot of cats that go missing locally. Very difficult to instill the dangers a free roaming cat may come across in his travels through others property and from various predators. Anytime I am asked I always shake my head and suggest Coyotes which we have in profusion... Who truly knows what happens and why would they put it on FB. Which is quite possibly the dumbest invention that ever made a Billionaire...

Regards, Matt.

Last edited by Matt in Virginia; 04/25/16.

NRA Life Benefactor Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cats need lovin' too.

I'm glad to meet ya, Matt.

I know they won't be gettin' some from us.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The first 30 years we had cats. The wife loved them.
Burying those cats were dramatic funerals.
But the last cat peed on the bed.
When that cat died, the wife's eulogy was brief, "Sneakers, you were a lot of trouble." [turning to me] "You can fill in the hole." [walks away].

We have not had another cat in 10 years.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Archerhunter,
Unlikely...:) Always like to meet another Cat fan...(grin)

Decided to tone that down a touch, however, you know which way the wind blows. Actually had that .223 AI built for the purpose. I've found it is the small, four footed, things in life that make it truly enjoyable...(laughing)

Regards, Matt.

NRA Life Benefactor Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As if kicking the damn things from under your feet while trying to walk weren't enough, their piss is my least favorite smell on planet Earth.

Yep.
They need killin'.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
I am very fond of cats. My cats roam around.
Be very careful, you bad asses, if you wish to harm my cats you may meet your match. I have weapons, too.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
I am very fond of cats. My cats roam around.
Be very careful, you bad asses, if you wish to harm my cats you may meet your match. I have weapons, too.
I could care less whether you have cats, like them, or whatever. If you let them roam, you are irresponsible in that regard. Maybe I should send my dog over to your yard to crap, pee, and kill stuff, Mr. Badazz...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

449 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 10ring1, 163bc, 36 invisible), 2,273 guests, and 1,030 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,285
Posts18,467,824
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.