Print Thread
Hop To
R
Recon Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
Here is my review of the Phoneskope for taking pictures/video from your spotting scope or binoculars with your cell phone. This is an awesome product. So glad I bought it.

I'm not selling anything here and I am not affiliated with nor do I know anyone at Phoneskope. I just like making videos. If you like the video, please give it a thumbs up and subscribe to my channel if you love big game, archery, or predator hunting.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The guys at Phone Skope make a damn useful product. Been using their stuff since they came out with it...

805 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Very nice!!! Do you use the Bluetooth remote? I've been eyeing that setup lately

R
Recon Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
I unfortunately didn't have the blue tooth remote when I did the review. Would have been really nice though! I would highly recommend it. Just as I said in my video, the first time I put it on and followed the directions I was seeing exactly what I was supposed to. No hassling with proper phone or phone case placement. I saw through the scope just like it would look with a pair of binos. Then zoomed in on the phone to eliminate the circular view to a full screen. Amazing.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I use Meopta's MeoPix. Like the Phonescope, it requires a bare iPhone. I'd much prefer leaving my iPhone in its waterproof case.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Recon, first of all thanks for the nice video. Question: I noted how you attach the adaptor to the spotter's eyepiece first (with a twist) and then mount the phone to the adaptor. Is this the only way to do it? Seems it would be better if you could attach the phone-adaptor-spotter as it would cause much less shake to the spotter if you're trying to keep an animal in view while attaching?

Thanks, looks like a nice setup.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
JG, they sell eyepiece adapters that are spotting scope specific. They make one for me last year for the Meopta S2 and it's pretty solid.

They also sell cases that fit around your Otter Box Defender case

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Thanks Drum.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by huntsonora
They also sell cases that fit around your Otter Box Defender case

Phoneskope makes these?

Edit: I answered my own question. PhoneSkope makes case and optic specific adapters. It looks like everything is made in the USA too!

Last edited by kingston; 04/26/16.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
R
Recon Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
JG.... I think I understand what you are trying to say. You are saying "why not attach the phone/case to the adapter first, then put the that combo piece onto the spotter?" I think that's what you're asking.

If I'm understanding correctly, this is my answer. If you did that, you would be rotating your entire phone to turn the adapter clockwise to clamp down on the eye piece of your spotting scope. I don't think that would be desirable.

I'm still learning the product and will have a new blue tooth remote they just came out with shortly. I'll follow up this review with a better tutorial and hopefully some better shots of more game. It take a lot of work and do overs to make a good review. Hahaha.

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (257 mag, 10Glocks, 222Sako, 163bc, 16Racing, 1badf350, 60 invisible), 2,519 guests, and 1,318 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,674
Posts18,456,109
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.