-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pass on this purchase, there are thousands of vehicles for sale out there that were owned by non-smokers.

Last edited by jnyork; 04/27/16.

[Linked Image]
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
skip it...wouldn't drive anything that smells like a pillhead has been living in it

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I own a fire restoration business. We normally clean everything first. I would suggest the same on a car. CLEAN EVERYTHING seats carpets etc. hard surfaces etc. then let air out. Ozone helps basically I say it simply accelerates the airing out process alot. but at the same token if there is something still producing odor its limited in how much it can do.

me personally I wouldn't care if it was smoked in but then again I have everything to clean it.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
We used a spray called Zero Odor and it worked GREAT.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by persiandog
you can't because smoke reacts with the fabric and other organic material in the car and it is not reversible.

thanks
Persian.

Just exactly how much "organic material" is there in a car these days? whistle

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Nicotine is different than smoke from a fire. Much harder to remove.

"Honey, when I die, sell my guns for what they're worth and not what I told you I paid for them."
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Ozone generator. They're what hotels use to clean rooms that people weren't supposed to smoke in. Just a couple of hours of a small one in a car does it. Sometimes the smoke is down in the cushion foam or carpet padding and a second treatment might be needed in a few days or weeks. But usually, running it 2 hours and letting the car sit closed up overnight before airing it out is plenty. The funny smell the machine makes goes away in a day or two.
It will kill everything in the car too, like mold, fungus, and roaches. Gets rid of vomit smell and spilled milk too. Don't breathe the Ozone, you'll die.
I have one from Amazon. Everyone borrows it. A buddy who sells used cars bought one just like it. The small under $100 units are fine for a car.
Something like this http://www.amazon.com/Fresh-Air-Com...mp;sr=8-248&keywords=ozone+generator

Don't confues an "ionizer" with an Ozone Generator. An Ionizer won't kill the smell.

Last edited by Deflagrate; 04/27/16. Reason: Spelling - fat finger on small laptop keyboard.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
you can't because smoke reacts with the fabric and other organic material in the car and it is not reversible.

thanks
Persian.

organice is Carbon + anything. so crude oil is an 'organic material' .
plastic hard or soft , etc ...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

thanks
Persian.

I'm reminded of the Top Gear episodes where their used car purchases are gone through by a forensic team. They find lots of organic material.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Try the coffee. Spend ten bucks on 2 pounds of Maxwell House. Try it, 3 days with one pound, then replace.
It will work. What have you got to lose?

Baking soda also works but not as well as coffee.

IC B3

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (222Sako, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 160user, 52 invisible), 2,673 guests, and 1,246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,365
Posts18,469,021
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.