Hop To
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by isaac
You still don't get it.

As we speak, the GOPe,RNC and @NeverTrump is dumping Cruz.

Oh silly boy, you think that when Ted leaves this is over?

Didn't you mention "naivety" recently?

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Not supporting the nominee is not exclusive to Trump, and I will tell you now of the 3 currently in the race Cruz will cause the most to stay home.
------------

Not even close to accurate.

You think it's Kasich?

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by kroo88
You still don't get it.

It was over before he showed up.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Bristoe
You still don't get it.

It was over before he showed up.

Please try and let the Cruz thing go. I know it's painful, but try anyway.

I'm referring to every Trump hater out there conceiving every possible which-way to take him out.

We will not go quietly.

3rd party, Hillary vote, I'm not choosy.

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

I'm referring to every Trump hater out there conceiving every possible which-way to take him out.

We will not go quietly.

If Trump guarantees either Ted Cruz or Mike Lee in Scalia's seat, I can live with that. It would at least get a constitutionalist on the SCOTUS again. It's actually a simple plan that would get millions more people to turn out the vote nationally. Trump supporters can vote for Trump, and Cruz supporters can get something they want. It's win-win. Despite the simplicity, some insist on arguing and denying the reality that there are millions who will not turn out in the current situation (if Trump clinches).

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot

We will not go quietly.

If Trump guarantees either Ted Cruz or Mike Lee in Scalia's seat, I can live with that. It would at least get a constitutionalist on the SCOTUS again. It's actually a simple plan that would get millions more people to turn out the vote nationally. Trump supporters can vote for Trump, and Cruz supporters can get something they want. It's win-win. Despite the simplicity, some insist on arguing and denying the reality that there are millions who will not turn out in the current situation (if Trump clinches).

There are more than a few very qualified, very conservative judges already on the Federal bench that would be superb picks for Scalia's seat (Kozinski comes immediately to mind). They'd be vetted and confirmed FAR faster than Cruz or Lee.

You continue to overlook the fact that there are also millions who won't turn out for, and who won't vote for, Hitlery as well. Concentrate on that, and make beating her a reality. After that, then concentrate on getting that SCOTUS seat filled, because you can't fill it appropriately without beating her first.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K

We will not go quietly.

The Trumpsters can and will think anything they want. They simply have no idea the effect of "Lyin'Ted" repeated daily for the entertainment of a Trumpster rally.

People are not going to just let that go.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4ager
You continue to overlook the fact that there are also millions who won't turn out for, and who won't vote for, Hitlery as well. Concentrate on that, and make beating her a reality. After that, then concentrate on getting that SCOTUS seat filled, because you can't fill it appropriately without beating her first.

I get your point and I'll have to research the person you mentioned. My point is simple. This kind of strategy could be Trump's olive branch to unite the clans and dramatically increase the chances of doing just what you want.

MOLON LABE
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I get your point and I'll have to research the person you mentioned. My point is simple. This kind of strategy could be Trump's olive branch to unite the clans and dramatically increase the chances of doing just what you want.

He's already said the Federalist Society will be the group he uses to vet SCOTUS nominees. It doesn't get any better than that, and frankly their picks will be a LOT more likely to be confirmed (as they are already on the bench) than would Cruz or Lee who would be nothing more than a political pick and a glaringly obvious one.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The Trumpsters can and will think anything they want. They simply have no idea the effect of "Lyin'Ted" repeated daily for the entertainment of a Trumpster rally.

For me, I could let it go if he gives me something to vote for. I know he's a jackass and nothing's going to change that in my mind. If he's going to be the nominee, I need him to give me something, other than himself to vote for. Otherwise, he doesn't get my vote.

MOLON LABE
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Trump could win my vote easily.

1) Drop the legalization of all undocumented aliens
2) GUARANTEE RIGHT NOW that Cruz or Lee or another arch-Constitutionalist will be nominated for Supreme Court
3) Drop the idea of nuclear proliferation to Japan, South Korea, Germany, etc.

Given those, I could tolerate a Trump presidency until he gets impeached. grin grin grin

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Calhoun

2) GUARANTEE RIGHT NOW that Cruz or Lee or another arch-Constitutionalist will be nominated for Supreme Court

Given those, I could tolerate a Trump presidency until he gets impeached. grin grin grin

Per 1) WTF do you think a damned wall and his positions on deportations is about?
Per 2) he's already said the Federalist Society will be who he meets with to choose the SCOTUS nominee. That's as good as it gets and better than making a political statement to promise Cruz or Lee the post.
Per 3) Not familiar with that one.

As for impeachment - by whom? The Rs, likely, since they'd still have control of Congress. Wouldn't that be telling, since they haven't the balls to go after Hussein.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

I kind of hate the whole appeasing the gay rights crap too but all those are good.

MOLON LABE
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

What a lot of Cruz supporters fail to see is where Trump draws his support from. You all look at things very one dimensionally, like a line stretched left to right. There is more to the political spectrum than that.

Trump gathers his support from the middle of the spectrum, which is why he is dangerous to the left and right leaning politically. 25% of the US is Republican, 30% are Democrats, and 45% are unaffiliated or Independent. Trump has a big portion of the R's and most likely even more support than that from the Independents and unaffiliated. He cuts off the left from the right, and has a bigger portion than either in the "middle".

The right has nobody further to the right to support than Trump. The D's have their legs cut off because they will need to gain the Independent's to win a majority.

What he's done is taken his piece of the pie right from the middle, forking up everyone elses piece of pie.

Whether hard right voters vote for Trump or not doesn't make much difference this round. Trump has cut off access to the middle road voters, and that among other things that he's done, is what has the political machine in an uproar. He has left neither side enough room to fight him. Trump has reset the field in a way that neither the left or right like or are comfortable with.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Per 1) WTF do you think a damned wall and his positions on deportations is about?
Per 2) he's already said the Federalist Society will be who he meets with to choose the SCOTUS nominee. That's as good as it gets and better than making a political statement to promise Cruz or Lee the post.

1) The wall is about stopping FUTURE illegals. His constantly stated position from day 1 is that all illegals here NOW have to leave, and then get to come right back legally with work permits (and social benefits and all the rest).
*** I cannot vote for a Republican who is pushing what amounts to Amnesty. Give them work permits now, and some other president in the next 10 years will give them citizenship.

2) He's said he would have the Federalist Society suggest names. I want the name RIGHT NOW of who he wants to nominate, not just a promise that he'll have somebody advise him on it.

3) As part of his wanting to withdraw troops from around the world because we can't afford it, he has stated repeatedly that countries like Japan and South Korea should get the bomb to protect themselves from China once we withdraw. This means Germany as well to protect themselves from Russia. Then we get to China's allies to protect them from the US allies. Then we get to Russia's allies to protect themselves. Etc, etc.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Any country in the western world will adopt a strong Nationalist ideology,..or it will cease to exist.

Many people in Western Europe are working hard to get Nationalist policies instituted, but they allowed the globalists to open the gate to a ridiculous number of Muslim refugees before they got serious about it.

I think they waited too long.

I don't want to see the USA wait too long.

4 years of Hillary will be too long.
so were going to elect ...one of her friends/at the wedding of her only child /they have broke bread together.... And the answer is trump ...hummmmmm

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
And the impeachment comment was a joke... I hope.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

Works for me, but he would have to do all those prior to my casting a vote for him. His past actions doesn't indicate keeping his word and being trustworthy. His best qualities are name calling,being abrasive, insulting,and rudeness. Better position for him would be a Campfire attorney. shocked grin GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

1) The wall is about stopping FUTURE illegals. His constantly stated position from day 1 is that all illegals here NOW have to leave, and then get to come right back legally with work permits (and social benefits and all the rest).
*** I cannot vote for a Republican who is pushing what amounts to Amnesty. Give them work permits now, and some other president in the next 10 years will give them citizenship.

2) He's said he would have the Federalist Society suggest names. I want the name RIGHT NOW of who he wants to nominate, not just a promise that he'll have somebody advise him on it.

3) As part of his wanting to withdraw troops from around the world because we can't afford it, he has stated repeatedly that countries like Japan and South Korea should get the bomb to protect themselves from China once we withdraw. This means Germany as well to protect themselves from Russia. Then we get to China's allies to protect them from the US allies. Then we get to Russia's allies to protect themselves. Etc, etc.

1) How, exactly, do you stop someone from legally immigrating the U.S.? No candidate is espousing that position, nor should they. To do so would be an extraordinary level of dumbphuckitude and imperialistic to a degree that even Hussein would envy.

2) Having the name, RIGHT NOW, is stupid. That gives the Ds HOW long to dig up crap on the nominee? Nomination fights are bad enough with a short time horizon. Naming a SCOTUS pick NOW is just insane.

3) How, exactly, do you prevent a free nation - especially an ally - from pursuing their own means of defense? Did we stop France or England or Israel? Should we have? Exactly how is meddling in the affairs of foreign ALLIED nations a conservative position and one that the U.S. should hold at all?

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

188 members (338reddog, 35, 41rem, 300jimmy, 12344mag, 2UP, 19 invisible), 1,548 guests, and 913 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,600
Posts18,454,592
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.