Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Note from Senior Management:

We rarely–if ever–publish “open letters” at Breitbart News. This editorial policy came directly from Andrew Breitbart himself. However, given the enormity of today’s primaries, the intensity of the internal debate raging within the Republican party, and the stature of Brent Bozell in the conservative movement, we have decided to make an exception in this instance.

I’ve endorsed Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX). I was a contributor to National Review’s Against Trump symposium at the beginning of the year.

Sarah Palin, Ben Carson, Mike Huckabee and Phyllis Schlafly—you are friends and allies, serious men and women for whom I have great respect. You and other conservatives disagreed.

I pen this open letter to you.

Even those of us who oppose Trump understand that he’s tapping into something that has exploded onto the national scene: disenchantment, even white-hot rage among the Republican base with the party’s establishment and the Washington status quo. You and I understand this because we were taking on the weak-kneed GOP leadership many, many years ago, back when Donald Trump was donating to Bill and Hillary Clinton.

Is Donald Trump the answer? That question’s on everyone’s mind. But there needs to be another question answered first: Does Donald Trump mean a word he says? Are conservative leaders supporting Trump prepared to live with the consequences if he doesn’t?

Many critics have outlined the innumerable left-wing positions and candidates Trump championed before he got in this race. It’s worth recalling some of them now: Trump not only supported but bankrolled amnesty. He supported taxpayer funding of Planned Parenthood. He supported not just abortion but partial-birth abortion. He was open to gay marriage. He supported government-funded universal healthcare.

He supported eminent domain for (his) private gain. He supported the Wall Street bailout. He supported “assault weapons” bans. He applauded President Obama for doing a “great job.” He congratulated Secretary of State Hillary Clinton for doing a “good job.” He financially helped the Democrats pass Obamacare. Trump was a registered Democrat when that party was being led by the likes of Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA)and Sen. Harry Reid (D-NV), donating heavily during President Obama’s tenure. He’s bankrolled Democrats like Jimmy Carter, Rahm Emmanuel, Anthony Weiner, Terry McAuliffe, Chuck Schumer, Charlie Rangel, Ted Kennedy and John Kerry, to name a few.

But Trump said he’s changed. On everything. Overnight. Just in time for the GOP nomination fight.

Really?

Let’s look at Mr. Trump’s record during this campaign. He’s declared his support for single-payer healthcare. That puts him to the left of Obamacare. He’s re-declared his support for Planned Parenthood. He’s re-supporting tax increases. He’s supported crony capitalism. He’s endorsed “touchback” amnesty. He wants the U.S. to break the Geneva Convention. He’s “neutral” on Israel and Palestine. He wants South Korea and Japan to have nuclear arsenals.

Paul Krugman loves Trump’s big government economic plan for the simple reason that big government will remain under President Trump.

Two weeks ago, Mr. Trump took the left’s side in the North Carolina transgender bathroom controversy.

Last week Mr. Trump announced—guess what?—he’s not just pro-abortion, he wants the pro-life plank in the GOP platform removed, thus divorcing the Republican Party from the pro-life movement. Sarah, Ben, Mike, Phyllis: How can you still support this man? He has now thrown you under the bus, embracing an agenda you’ve spent your entire career opposing. Can you accept that betrayal?

What will you tell your supporters when the man you endorsed enacts an agenda that horrifies them?

As the Republican primaries draw to some sort of conclusion, right now Trump is surrounding himself with GOP establishment types, trying to assure them he doesn’t really mean many of the things he’s said, claiming that much of his campaign is just posturing.

Posturing to whom?

Top Trump aide Paul Manafort is telling GOP establishment bosses behind closed doors that his boss is “a real different guy.” His campaign openly touts his chameleon-like character as some sort of general election advantage.

Is someone with no discernible principles the candidate you want leading the Republican Party and taking on the Democrats in 2016?

Is someone who consistently lies about principles and positions he doesn’t hold worthy of your support?

If Trump becomes the nominee, and enacts the policies he’s now championing, will conservatives who chose to aid and abet Mr. Trump be able to live with their decision?

When it comes time to nominate a new Supreme Court Justice, and President Trump names his radically pro-abortion sister, as he’s suggested he would, or some other radically pro-abortion pro- Planned Parenthood jurist, as we know he will, will you accept that you helped him do that?

When President Trump shocks the civilized world by killing the children of terrorists, arming nations with nuclear weapons (you don’t think Russia won’t do likewise with its allies?) and breaking the Geneva Convention (God help our men and women captured by our enemies who will do the same) will you live with that?

When Big Government, crony capitalism — the corruption of government that triggered his movement — continue unabated for the simple reason he’s offered no plan to stop it, will you accept the blame for having supported it?

This isn’t about purity. It’s about basic sanity.

Do the most courageous thing you’ve ever done, in a lifetime of bravery. Retract your endorsement.

Brent Bozell is the Chairman of ForAmerica, a national grassroots organization whose mission is to use social media to reinvigorate the public with the principles of American exceptionalism: freedom, prosperity and virtue. ForAmerica has over 8 million members and is a non-profit 501(c)4. www.ForAmerica.org.

Mr. Bozell personally has endorsed Ted Cruz for President.

Last edited by RobJordan; 04/27/16.

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
BP-B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
What a total puzzy.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I couldn't give two [bleep] what Brent says about Trump. You'd think he'd be smart enough not to waste his time with a letter like that.

People are pissed at Republican leadership and don't care if Trump supported planned parenthood. Laying out impeachment points are not going to turn the tide.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Not even going to try to refute any of his points? Just insults?

This is the problem. Almost all of his points are spot on and accurate and can't be refuted (the one about Trump nominating his sister for SC is ridiculous, so not all his points are).

No debate. Just insults.

Not the way to win in November.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
You thinking something is spot on and relevant should mean what to whom?

Bozell is a moron.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
"I’ve endorsed Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX)."

Hmmmmm

FJB & FJT
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by isaac

Bozell is a moron.

Yep, I'm sure your in-the-mirror following, thinks your opinions spot on and quite relevant.

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by isaac

Bozell is a moron.

Anybody that isn't a Trump supporter is a moron, at best, to you lately. Except Pat.

In other words, your posts have become rather empty and repetitive. Constructive criticism is intended, not insult.

So I have to guess which points of his make him a moron? I'm sure you don't think he's a moron because he lives in Virginia.. hmm.. 30 years working for conservative causes? Nah, don't think you'd call somebody a moron for that. Because he's the nephew of William F. Buckley? No, that's probably not it either, you like famous people.

Can't figure it out. Can you give me a hint as to what specifically makes him a moron?

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Who is Brent Bozell and why should I think his opinion is any more valuable than that of some guy down at the barber shop?

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Who is Brent Bozell and why should I think his opinion is any more valuable than that of some guy down at the barber shop?

He didn't make your "well informed but completely objective" source list.

Why am I not surprised?

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
IC B3

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
You've convinced me. What this country needs is more free trade, more Middle East intervention, promises of tax cuts for people whose jobs have been shipped overseas, and more immigration. Ted Cruz for Prez!!! (And Heidi the bankster wife for VP!!!)

40O Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've never known anyone running for President. I don't know any of the people he states he is writing the 'open' letter to.

As a rule, I don't let anyone I don't know watch my kids. Yet, every four years I'm suppose to vote for someone to run the country.

How am I suppose to pick someone to run the country out of a group that I would not let watch my kids?

Trump is a billionaire. I've heard that people pay him money just so they can have lunch with him and talk about business. If I had a business and needed someone to run the business, I would definitely pick trump if he, Cruz and Clinton were the only choices available. Hell, I do have a business and would definitely let Trump run the place if he offered. Can't say the same for the rest. Maybe the Gov. of Ohio? Probably not. But I would definitely let Trump run my business. So, why not view the country like a business? What would be so wrong with that? And before someone interjects that I should want the country to be lead by a 'moral' leader, let me just remind you that I don't know any of these people. I don't know anyone that does know any of these people. I can evaluate their business savvy, I can evaluate their business track record (Fiorina? Really?). But their "Moral" compass? Sorry, not buying any of it from anyone. I'm 52. I'm ready for our country to be run as a good business. Can you imagine if our president actually listened to the wants expressed by Americans, say a secure national business, and then went about achieving what Americans desire in a sound business manner? I'll settle for that over the Russian roulette of trying to pick a leader with a good moral compass out of a group of people I don't know (and who are not known to anyone I do know).

I'm ready to change the way we pick people. I'm ready for a change to the way I evaluate people running for office. I'm ready to change the criteria I use to evaluate people who want to be elected to run our communities and country.

I'd let him run my business sight unseen, without ever meeting him. I'll let him run by Country for awhile and see how it goes.

"What I was saying is if my kin folk 400 years ago had guns, we wouldn�t be having this conversation. I�m in favor of guns and encourage everyone I know to have them because the last time we didn�t have them we were abused.�
Rep.Mitchell.
40O Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've never known anyone running for President. I don't know any of the people he states he is writing the 'open' letter to.

As a rule, I don't let anyone I don't know watch my kids. Yet, every four years I'm suppose to vote for someone to run the country.

How am I suppose to pick someone to run the country out of a group that I would not let watch my kids?

Trump is a billionaire. I've heard that people pay him money just so they can have lunch with him and talk about business. If I had a business and needed someone to run the business, I would definitely pick trump if he, Cruz and Clinton were the only choices available. Hell, I do have a business and would definitely let Trump run the place if he offered. Can't say the same for the rest. Maybe the Gov. of Ohio? Probably not. But I would definitely let Trump run my business. So, why not view the country like a business? What would be so wrong with that? And before someone interjects that I should want the country to be lead by a 'moral' leader, let me just remind you that I don't know any of these people. I don't know anyone that does know any of these people. I can evaluate their business savvy, I can evaluate their business track record (Fiorina? Really?). But their "Moral" compass? Sorry, not buying any of it from anyone. I'm 52. I'm ready for our country to be run as a good business. Can you imagine if our president actually listened to the wants expressed by Americans, say a secure national border, and then went about achieving what Americans desire in a sound business manner? I'll settle for that over the Russian roulette of trying to pick a leader with a good moral compass out of a group of people I don't know (and who are not known to anyone I do know).

I'm ready to change the way we pick people. I'm ready for a change to the way I evaluate people running for office. I'm ready to change the criteria I use to evaluate people who want to be elected to run our communities and country.

I'd let him run my business sight unseen, without ever meeting him. I'll let him run by Country for awhile and see how it goes.

"What I was saying is if my kin folk 400 years ago had guns, we wouldn�t be having this conversation. I�m in favor of guns and encourage everyone I know to have them because the last time we didn�t have them we were abused.�
Rep.Mitchell.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by 40O

Trump is a billionaire. I've heard that people pay him money just so they can have lunch with him and talk about business. If I had a business and needed someone to run the business, I would definitely pick trump if he, Cruz and Clinton were the only choices available. Hell, I do have a business and would definitely let Trump run the place if he offered. Can't say the same for the rest. Maybe the Gov. of Ohio? Probably not. But I would definitely let Trump run my business. So, why not view the country like a business? What would be so wrong with that? And before someone interjects that I should want the country to be lead by a 'moral' leader, let me just remind you that I don't know any of these people. I don't know anyone that does know any of these people. I can evaluate their business savvy, I can evaluate their business track record (Fiorina? Really?). But their "Moral" compass? Sorry, not buying any of it from anyone. I'm 52. I'm ready for our country to be run as a good business. Can you imagine if our president actually listened to the wants expressed by Americans, say a secure national business, and then went about achieving what Americans desire in a sound business manner? I'll settle for that over the Russian roulette of trying to pick a leader with a good moral compass out of a group of people I don't know (and who are not known to anyone I do know).

So you're pro multiple bankruptcies then, got it.

40O Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Trump is a billionaire. I've heard that people pay him money just so they can have lunch with him and talk about business. If I had a business and needed someone to run the business, I would definitely pick trump if he, Cruz and Clinton were the only choices available. Hell, I do have a business and would definitely let Trump run the place if he offered. Can't say the same for the rest. Maybe the Gov. of Ohio? Probably not. But I would definitely let Trump run my business. So, why not view the country like a business? What would be so wrong with that? And before someone interjects that I should want the country to be lead by a 'moral' leader, let me just remind you that I don't know any of these people. I don't know anyone that does know any of these people. I can evaluate their business savvy, I can evaluate their business track record (Fiorina? Really?). But their "Moral" compass? Sorry, not buying any of it from anyone. I'm 52. I'm ready for our country to be run as a good business. Can you imagine if our president actually listened to the wants expressed by Americans, say a secure national border, and then went about achieving what Americans desire in a sound business manner? I'll settle for that over the Russian roulette of trying to pick a leader with a good moral compass out of a group of people I don't know (and who are not known to anyone I do know).

Rep.Mitchell.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by kroo88
Originally Posted by Bristoe

He didn't make your "well informed but completely objective" source list.

Well,...he got closer to it than you will.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Who knows if Trump has "changed"

I know this....the Republican Party hasn't and has no intention of doing so.

They would have saddled us with Jeb Bush, and equal to Hillary in every way.

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This article is spot on.

Ardent supporters at this point are too wrapped up emotionally in this that they ignore what is right in front of their faces. They may think about these things privately, but have too much invested publicly to admit that they are believing in a person who very well could put Hillary in the White House. And nine months ago, their candidate would be quite ok to have her there.

Madness.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Not even going to try to refute any of his points? Just insults?

This is the problem. Almost all of his points are spot on and accurate and can't be refuted (the one about Trump nominating his sister for SC is ridiculous, so not all his points are).

No debate. Just insults.

Not the way to win in November.

Cal-loon,

You apparently can't read. Trump's support is driven by distaste of Republican leadership, not Trump himself. You could lay out point after point and it wouldn't hurt Trump's support.

Its not that his supporters don't know he had liberal views in the past, its that they don't CARE. For that reason, such "open letters" won't do a damn thing.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by kroo88

So you're pro multiple bankruptcies then, got it.

289 businesses and 9 failed. That's a 97% rate of success. What is the national average for failed companies? Also, what bankruptcies specifically, it matters.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
640 members (1badf350, 09wingates, 219 Wasp, 2003and2013, 007FJ, 160user, 65 invisible), 2,566 guests, and 1,183 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,601
Posts18,398,282
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.