Print Thread
Hop To
S
Sako76 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Anybody know anything about this company? I was thinking about buying a Professional in 308 and put a call into their HQ in Pa to see what factory ammo they recommend and the phone is disconnected, did they go belly up? I did an internet search and found a lot of bad comments on the rifles. Thanks.

GB1

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Damn! That dont sound good, I was also interested in one of these.........Hb

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Their number works fine for me?

Had to check, because I really want one of their rifles.

I read some bad reports, and some glowing ones as well.

Many were solved by bedding, and I understand they made some changes to their production after the first reported problems.

The action, Timney trigger, bottom metal, and nice stock are worth the asking price. I would bed and rebarrel one if it wouldn't shoot,

From handling a couple, I think they are a really nice design, well finished, and a bargain.

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I was interested in the Professional at one time when I first heard about them. I usually don't buy new to market stuff, so I waited. Glad I did. In talking to the guys at my LGS, they informed me that they bought and sold several of these, IIRC in 280AI, and none of them worked/shot correctly. What's worse is they told me that LAW is even worse to deal with than the fact their rifles would not perform. So bad, in fact, that they sent every rifle back to LAW and cancelled their dealer arrangement with them.

That was all I needed to know.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I know they had some startup problems. Primarily bedding problems.

And they were not staffed properly to deal with the problems, while at the same time trying to ramp up production on a new product.

But it seemed to me that the guys that were willing to do a little troubleshooting rather than bitch on the internet ended up very satisfied with the rifle.

So I'll probably buy one, because it reminds me so much of the Ed Brown Damara that I should never have sold, and at less than half the price.

Like I said, the stock, action, trigger, and bottom metal are worth the price of admission.

If it doesn't shoot I'll tinker with it until it does.

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
IC B2

S
Sako76 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
WhelenAway--good luck with your purchase, IMO you shouldn't have to "troubleshoot" a $1500 rifle with an accuracy guarantee also, it might void the lifetime warranty. I also heard if you shoot handloads out of a LAW rifle it voids the warranty. I think I will look at a Cooper or Nosler.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Sako76
WhelenAway--good luck with your purchase, IMO you shouldn't have to "troubleshoot" a $1500 rifle with an accuracy guarantee also, it might void the lifetime warranty. I also heard if you shoot handloads out of a LAW rifle it voids the warranty. I think I will look at a Cooper or Nosler.

Have you ever had to troubleshoot a $40,000 vehicle? How about a $200,000 house?

Dinking with a $1500 rifle ain't no big deal and the handloads things is a common theme. It's generally written into the warranty to deal with people that don't know how to 'troubleshoot' $1500 rifles.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by Sako76

Have you ever had to troubleshoot a $40,000 vehicle? How about a $200,000 house?

Dinking with a $1500 rifle ain't no big deal and the handloads things is a common theme. It's generally written into the warranty to deal with people that don't know how to 'troubleshoot' $1500 rifles.

One big problem is the people who make LAW rifles don't know how to fix them either, and really didn't care much. The thread here a year or so ago verified this and evidently it hasn't changed, or at least it hadn't when I visited with the LGS.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
I bought a LAW in 30-06 last month .I really like the action and stock.
Mine shoots fairly well.I have 6 loads that shoot under an inch and most everything else stays inside an inch and a half. That said I have a friend that has a 280 AI and it is miserable.Go figure.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I was able to handle one a while back. It felt and looked like an amazing rifle.

I was super tempted to purchase, but all the negative stuff I had read about them held me back.

Whelen Way is probably right that the asking price is worth it just for the parts, but it is hard to want to put the money down on something that has a good chance to be s lemon.

It's a rifle I certainly want to keep tabs on.

IC B3

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Mine didn't work out in 280ai and is being rebarreled. l liked everything about the rifle and am certain it will shoot once Kevin Weaver is done with it.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I remember yours Paul.

You never fired it. Correct?

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
i did with factory nosler ammo and I was not happy with it. It went back and was there for 3 months came back after bedding and new crown with info for 2 hand loads and would still not shoot the factory ammo. Decided I liked everything else about it enough to have it rebarreled. Hope to have it back soon. I have heard it was pretty much the case with most of the 280 ais produced. Local gun store has a 28 nosler that has been there almost a year.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

672 members (1234, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 160user, 10gaugemag, 66 invisible), 3,075 guests, and 1,250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,264
Posts18,467,183
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.