Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A few years ago my company was bought by a big German conglomerate.

Generally its a good company to work for but naturally they want to centralize the power and decision making in their own country.

The problem is that they lack the infrastructure, will and ability to take the lead without the support of America

while at the same time, our Americas group is perfectly capable of going it alone. We are self contained.

So basically , from my peers and management in Europe over the years, they don't want Americas to take the lead, nor do they want us to work in isolation. What they want is for them to dictate policy and then see us as the resources they can use to accomplish whatever they need.

Unfortunately for them, since they aren't capable of actually accomplishing anything without us, we happily offer to share our work but we also remind them that we are going to do it our way and if they don't like it, they are more than welcome to go it alone.

And this approach infuriates them.

I find the reaction from Europe on Trumps "America First" speech very similar to what I deal with at work.

In a nutshell, Europe wants the advantages we bring to the table - advantages they can't do themselves and most likely can't do well without - yet don't want us to have any say in how or when to use them.

And they hate us for it.

Last edited by KFWA; 04/28/16.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
sounds somewhat like the feudal pyramid

.... like tears in the rain
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The Aussies are no different. And neither are the Brits.

How many obama supporters does it take to change a light bulb? None, they prefer to remain in the dark.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Trump!

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I saw the same from Belgians and French.

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I've said it before, they hate us and everything we stand for yet when we are needed they are still just like 2 year old crybabies
They cannot stand the thought of American Independence.

FJB & FJT
W
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
The company that I work for is Italian owned but soon to be German owned. The Italians have been pretty good folks but they do try to influence our norms. I am hoping that the Germans will let us conduct business along more traditional, American lines. Europeans are very different folks.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
All obama and congress want is for U.S. to be mediocre
like other countries.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by poboy
All obama and congress want is for U.S. to be mediocre
like other countries.

Give the dickwipe potUS 4 more years and we are part of the EU.

FJB & FJT
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
The company that I work for is Italian owned but soon to be German owned. The Italians have been pretty good folks but they do try to influence our norms. I am hoping that the Germans will let us conduct business along more traditional, American lines. Europeans are very different folks.

Good luck! Where I live the water company is privately owned. First it was US owned. Worked well. Sold to some German firm. Customer satisfaction went to the bottom of the barrel. Then sold again but to a Canadian city! Better customer relations but the fact that foreign entities come in and buy utility companies grates.

But, we have a long history in this country of being shortsighted.

Retired cat herder.

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
777 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 160user, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 87 invisible), 3,086 guests, and 1,264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,708
Posts18,400,128
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.