-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I photographed this gobbler last week. Looks like he has four beards.

[Linked Image]

I photographed this gobbler this morning, about a half mile from where the first picture was taken.

[Linked Image]

Are they the same turkey? I don't think they are, but I'm not certain.

Steve.
Maker of The Northern Scratchbox turkey call

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Steve, You are far better than me at distinguishing one gobbler from another with both having four beards! I can tell if one is bigger than another, but that's where ID ends for me (unless a gobblers missing a tailfeather or is gimpy). I'd take either one!

One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.
Archibald Rutledge

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Can't tell. If only he would have posed in the same position for both pictures.

It was the dead Sea today. I saw one hen and last week there was gobbler galore. I only heard my buddies mothers farm turkey gobble this morning.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I don't think they are either Steve.

Look at the top beard on the top pictuer, notice how it seems to be rooted higher in proportion to the other beards, than the beards on the second photo

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Troy, same here hell I never heard a tree yelp until almost 630,and never heard a gobble until around 745, and that was just a shock gobble from a jake....shooting hours closed at noon, at 3pm I watched 8 long beards walk out of the woods I was hunting in
....fuggers

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Noon closing sucks!

I think they're the same. 1/2 is nothing to them.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I would shoot one of them, then hunt to see if he indeed was the only 4 bearded tom around. Just the way I would go about it. cool

What happens when you get scared half to death...twice?
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Diyelker
I would shoot one of them, then hunt to see if he indeed was the only 4 bearded tom around. Just the way I would go about it. cool

I'll probably be trying -- I plan on hunting there, but it's not my first choice spot.

Steve.

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
It looks to me like the same bird with 3 beards. Brush behind the bird may be giving the appearance of the top 4th beard in the top photo. But 3 or 4 beards, I think it's unlikely for 2 such unique birds to be that close to each other.

Last edited by basdjs; 04/30/16.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by basdjs
It looks to me like the same bird with 3 beards. Brush behind the bird may be giving the appearance of the top 4th beard in the top photo. But 3 or 4 beards, I think it's unlikely for 2 such unique birds to be that close to each other.

That's the way I'm leaning. Thanks.

Steve.

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

198 members (17CalFan, 257_X_50, 300_savage, 338reddog, 1_deuce, 31 invisible), 2,097 guests, and 1,076 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,488
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.