Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
S
Let us hope MORE lands become National Parks.

This is being pushed to Obama for Executive Action.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2nwbM3O8hFAbFFUTlZFX0Q1cFE/view?pref=2&pli=1

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Well, many here will applaud all that. Many.

What most don't get is that their treasured State Lands that fall in those areas are taken away from the state as well.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

When I no longer have the right to protect my own person or property...my person and property have become public property in common.
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Ah! A Master Plan for more Federal beaurocracy and empire building...

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This is complete garbage. More parks, more restrictions, more preservation, more "diversity" aimed at recruiting urban minorities to manage rural lands (all from a book).
More monuments abusing the Antiquities Act, too.
Who the heck wrote this?

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
S
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
S

S
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
S

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
"Gallego, of Phoenix"

Gotta call bullshit on that pearl...

I've about got the itch laws don't matter anymore and a big [bleep] you to all the commies out there with the notion voting is a bloodless act..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't know about Gallego, but Grijalva has a long history as a shifty career politician from the west/south side of Tucson who does just about zero in Congress and plays his Hispanic consitutency like a cheap fiddle - for his own gain. This is more of the same political crapola he has been pulling since the early 70s over in the El Rio neighborhood. Even an underhanded and corrupt administration like this one would be foolish to buy into one of his "plans".

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thank you, Steelie, for the links. I tried to source the PDF by backshooting the addresses, but kept getting lost.

In short, Basturd Stopped Again.

Oh, Raoooool Greeehalllllva. Probably the biggest Green extremist in Congress. And Maite Arce -- she's being funded by Hewlett as a token Latino astroturf group for the o so white, o so urban, o so wealthy Greens -- who have a screaming diversity problem.

Thank you sir.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
S
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
S
I also read that 'they' want to the Park Service to change their uniforms. Apparently Park Service Uniforms look too much like Border Patrol uniforms and that keeps the Hispanics from visiting National Parks.

I'm guessing it's not an issue if you ain't illegal.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Again, thanks for this, Steelie -- one of the documents had the creator's name on it. Gold mine, that.
Pure gold plated billionaire foundation PR astroturf.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Just out of curiosity, who here do you believe will applaud this?

Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
This is complete garbage.

I couldn't read it, thought I might puke.

That wasn't about federal land, it was about a politically correct rendition of the white man's burden. [bleep] whoever wrote that.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

S
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
S
The writing is on the wall.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

Agenda 21.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I'll ask again:

Originally Posted by smokepole

Just out of curiosity, who here do you believe will applaud this?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
We've had this discussion.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
That's not an answer to my question. But if it's all you've got, go with it.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I see no difference in that proposal than some that Sally and the greenies have put on his desk.

Still, when you wrap it all up, it's nothing but pandering to them. Giving them what they want.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
No, that wasn't my question. You said "Many here will applaud this." I want to know who you think will applaud it.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The usual crowd.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
In other words, you can't name anyone.

Just what I thought.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Keep on thinking.

Go read the previous thread. They are there with bells on.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I have no idea what you're talking about.

I do know you can't answer my question, which is why I asked it.

You like to paint anyone who disagrees with you on federal land policy as an Obama-loving leftist, and that's bullsh**.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No, I paint the (mis)use of the Antiquities Act, and those that support that as being idiots for approving of one man having the power to take millions of acres and place it into the hands of a government already so fat, bloated, and crooked that the will of the people was left behind long ago.

There is too much room for corrupt or agenda oriented misuse.

When some idiot has a pen, and the states don't have a say so about what goes on in their own borders, then things are broken.

We are broken to allow it.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have no idea what you're talking about.

I do know you can't answer my question, which is why I asked it.

You like to paint anyone who disagrees with you on federal land policy as an Obama-loving leftist, and that's bullsh**.

He could answer it, but he is too polite to do it. They know who they are and shaming them just makes them that much more emotional. Considering that fact that this forum is about as conservative as it gets, it is painfully obvious that it's too late. "Free" stuff has a habit of getting expensive when the people give it to the government.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
No, I paint the (mis)use of the Antiquities Act.....

OK, which thread is about the misuse of the Antiquities Act? I'll read it and see who you're talking about.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by ltppowell
He could answer it, but he is too polite to do it. They know who they are and shaming them just makes them that much more emotional.

If they support what's in the memo that steelhead posted, and they post their opinions to that effect, then they obviously don't have a problem owning up to their opinions.

I'm just asking who "they" are. It's not that difficult a question. And if RBB has no problem saying "Many here will applaud this" then he's already called them out so being polite has nothing to do with it.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Okay. Maybe he's just doing like his momma taught him and trying to avoid bad company.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Okay. Maybe he's just doing like his momma taught him and trying to avoid bad company.

As I have said, we have already had this discussion. wink

So many times, that running more circles around the same rabbit ain't gonna catch him...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by CCCC
I don't know about Gallego, but Grijalva has a long history as a shifty career politician from the west/south side of Tucson who does just about zero in Congress and plays his Hispanic consitutency like a cheap fiddle - for his own gain. This is more of the same political crapola he has been pulling since the early 70s over in the El Rio neighborhood. Even an underhanded and corrupt administration like this one would be foolish to buy into one of his "plans".

why don't you use his real name "frito bandito"

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
S
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
S
http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...iforms-threatening-latinos-have-cultural

“It’s such a shame that something as simple as the uniform and it’s similarity to the border patrols uniform – in the coloring - could be very threatening to certain segments of the Latino population. So a discussion about that is going to be really tough.” Arce later added.

Arce has joined a coalition of civil rights groups and lawmakers asking President Obama to issue an executive order emphasizing the need for the Department of Interior and the U.S. Department of Agriculture to adopt guiding priorities for a more inclusive approach to National Parks.

Among the coalition’s policy suggestions are:

“Assess the cultural implications of existing agency uniforms, offices, signage, and other facilities. For example, the Park Service law-enforcement vehicles look like those used by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, and uniforms have law enforcement connotations, both of which present a significant impediment to engaging all Americans.”

S
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
S
http://billingsgazette.com/news/opi...a5cf04d-2936-58f1-a899-02077d224c92.html

Gee, and now that the Bison will become our National Mammal, how much more BLM land will be used for this?

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I actually read that document, looks like a great hiring plan for favorite minorities. As to the LaRasa thing, somebody ought to bring up about all the new arrivals that flood across the land and the fires they start, the junk they leave, and destruction.

Oz is still reaching for control. I was on a 100year old mining rd saturday to get to issac bradshaw's grave in the bradshaw mountains, central arizona. And a nice new sign state trust land. It took several hours in 4x4drive to get a couple of miles. But oz was there.
I can just see some inner city youths running around out there. Oh wait, how about those 1000LC 5.56 casings i found out in the desert in a wash last year. Where they had been shooting a human sillolette target at about 20yards? They did leave a spanish dvd at the site.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I went through a trailer park in south phoenix a few years ago, a place i use to live. I was driving a dodge 4x4 3/4ton truck with a shell on it. You should of seen the mexicans run, looks just like a b.p. truck.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by CCCC

ruben gallego is a minister of the "lawd" in south phx, with a big mouth basically making notice of himself on civil rights issues trying to immitate jesse jackson or rev. Al Sharpton.
He is After sheriff Joe all the time.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Maybe so. But saying he's too polite to call out a leftist is pretty funny, you've got to admit that.

Still waiting for the link to the thread where some here are supporting the misuse of the Antiquities Act.

I won't have to wait long, no doubt.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steelhead

“It’s such a shame that something as simple as the uniform and it’s similarity to the border patrols uniform – in the coloring - could be very threatening to certain segments of the Latino population. So a discussion about that is going to be really tough.” Arce later added.

Arce has joined a coalition of civil rights groups and lawmakers asking President Obama to issue an executive order emphasizing the need for the Department of Interior and the U.S. Department of Agriculture to adopt guiding priorities for a more inclusive approach to National Parks.

“Assess the cultural implications of existing agency uniforms, offices, signage, and other facilities. For example, the Park Service law-enforcement vehicles look like those used by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, and uniforms have law enforcement connotations, both of which present a significant impediment to engaging all Americans.”

That gets a double eye roll.

I like the idea of more land being permanently protected for recreation and hunting but the government and the Left can take something as simple as that and turn it into a never ending irritation.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rrroae

I like the idea of more land being permanently protected for recreation and hunting but the government and the Left can take something as simple as that and turn it into a never ending irritation.

So you are on board with taking more land.

Who's land are you supporting them taking?

Yours? Mine?

It belongs to somebody.

Once they take it, who are you going to put in charge of it?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I liked the part about needing to change the Park Service uniforms because they look like Border Patrol and certain segments of the Hispanic population might be frightened by that.

Wonder which segments those would be?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
BP uniforms need to be hi-vis orange. That way they want have to run unless they are completely sure. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

So you are on board with taking more land.

Who's land are you supporting them taking?

Yours? Mine?

It belongs to somebody.

Once they take it, who are you going to put in charge of it?

You really are a fuggin' idiot sometimes.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

You really are a fuggin' idiot sometimes.

Your words. Not mine.

Who's land should the federal govt. take?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Personally, I think they already have enough, and we don't need any more designated as parks.

S
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
S
They are gonna have to do something to ensure our National Mammal has a bunch of land to roam without worrying about hunters.

S
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
S
http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_29382051/colorado-turns-cold-shoulder-endangered-wolves

"The Colorado Parks and Wildlife commissioners said they wanted to support Gov. John Hickenlooper, who on Nov. 13 joined governors of Utah, Arizona and New Mexico in a letter telling Interior Secretary Sally Jewell they oppose Mexican wolf recovery efforts on land where Mexican wolves historically did not exist. That likely includes parts of southwestern Colorado that federal biologists are considering as habitat.

"This does not represent Coloradans. It does not serve Colorado," WildEarth Guardians biologist Taylor Jones said. "And it is un-necessarily antagonistic to wolf recovery."

Federal officials declined to comment. They're not required to seek state blessings as they develop a Mexican wolf recovery plan by the end of 2017 to prevent extinction."

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Steelhead; 05/03/16.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
They're pissing in the wind. Which is hard to do for a woman I hear.

S
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
S
They're pissing in the wind. Which is hard to do for a woman I hear.

Today maybe, but what about tomorrow? After all, a chick in NY has just as much say so over what happens to that Colorado land as you do

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
A chick in New York? Is she good looking?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (2500HD, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 163bc, 1lessdog, 16penny, 57 invisible), 2,066 guests, and 1,138 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,198
Posts18,465,978
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.