Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by deflave
Mackay cheated.

Travis

If Ya ain't cheatin' ya ain't tryin'.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Originally Posted by deflave
Mackay cheated.

Travis

If Ya ain't cheatin' ya ain't tryin'.

Ya don't cheat, ya don't eat...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Limited to only one, if I could continue to produce my own ammo, I'd choose a 1911 10mm GM.

If I had to use what ammo was available, then a 45 ACP 1911, probably a Colt LWT Commander or CCO.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
The G19 sized G30S .45 ACP is impressing me more and more. If this had been introduced 20 years earlier (prior to the rise of the .40 and 9mm in LE circles), I think it would have been one of the top sellers in the law enforcement and concealed carry markets.

It conceals like a G19, but you have 10+1 230 grain pills on board , with a standard G21 mag as a spare (13 rounds). This makes for a great outdoorsman's handgun.

For a guy who wants one gun to cover home defense, animal defense, as well as concealed carry, this is a pretty fair choice. It is not perfect, but it does a lot of things well, in a package that fits in many G19 sized holsters.

That is hard not to like.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The G19 sized G30S .45 ACP is impressing me more and more. If this had been introduced 20 years earlier (prior to the rise of the .40 and 9mm in LE circles), I think it would have been one of the top sellers in the law enforcement and concealed carry markets.

It conceals like a G19, but you have 10+1 230 grain pills on board , with a standard G21 mag as a spare (13 rounds). This makes for a great outdoorsman's handgun.

For a guy who wants one gun to cover home defense, animal defense, as well as concealed carry, this is a pretty fair choice. It is not perfect, but it does a lot of things well, in a package that fits in many G19 sized holsters.

[Linked Image]

I wholeheartedly agree with you.

As much as I love my 19 and carry it all over, if I had to go with rural and urban I would chose the 30S.

Now, if the oft mentioned apocalypse/meltdown were to happen, I'd probably revert to the 19 because I think 9mm would be easier to find/scrounge...

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
IC B2

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Yep,

It really is hard to beat your basic G19/17.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

[Linked Image]

Mac's earlier comment, "The issue with answering this question is what I am carrying for."

...is the absolute crux of the matter.

if the many variables above are all tossed into the hopper--the Glock 30s would be a great choice.

230 grain pills are good medicine--"broad spectrum" dosage is just what the doctor ordered...

the only thing i dislike about the 30s is the handle/grip length. i'm an advocate of short barrels and slides--with full length, or near full length handles.

if the grip were 1/2 to 5/8 inch longer, i would surely like it much more than i already do. in addition, this would offer one--maybe two more rounds in the magazine. as it is, the 10 round magazine is tough sledding when trying to get that last round in there--you just about have to stand on the thing to make it happen.

using a 13 round mag helps me with respect to grip length--giving me more control in rapid fire strings--something i consider very essential...

all learning is like a funnel:
however, contrary to popular thought, one begins with the the narrow end.
the more you progress, the more it expands into greater discovery--and the less of an audience you will have...
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I carry a G17 on duty and G26 as a BUG, I could get by with a G19.

Keep your eye on the fruit........
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jds44
My 3 gun carry rotation is a G19, G43, and a S&W 642. I vary them depending on dress and situation. If limited to 1, it would probably be the G43. It shoots almost as we'll as the G19 and hides almost as well as the 642.

Exactly my choices, the same guns for the same reasons.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

[Linked Image]
The perfect concealed carry gun for New York and California. They only allow ten anyway, so might as well make them .45 ACP.

IC B3

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Glock 19

Benefactor Life Member NRA, Arizona Hunter Education Instructor
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Glock 23

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I agree with you regards 230 grains, just not sure you could get off 2-3 aimed shots as fast with the 30, the 19 with 147s seems pretty easy for me to manage

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by jimmyp
I agree with you regards 230 grains, just not sure you could get off 2-3 aimed shots as fast with the 30, the 19 with 147s seems pretty easy for me to manage

Wife fired these with a Glock 30s. Federal 230 gr FMJ aluminum case full power factory rounds.

5 shots fired while retreating from 1 to 5 yards. From low ready, at the beep: first shot at .96; second at 1.41; third at 1.88; fourth at 2.34; fifth at 2.83--controlling full power rounds while on the move--from a smaller/lightweight rig, with reasonable accuracy. The times won't set the shooting world on fire, but I think this is fairly decent, considering that she is 5 foot 3, 140 lbs, and prefers the 9mm.

[Linked Image]

In some of the country we hike and climb in, I consider this rig/cartridge to be on the "smaller" side when it comes to grizz terrains though...

all learning is like a funnel:
however, contrary to popular thought, one begins with the the narrow end.
the more you progress, the more it expands into greater discovery--and the less of an audience you will have...
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by paul105
Don't live in a high crime/multiple assailant area, but large predators/ungulates could be a problem.

S&W M69 - 5 shot L Frame .44 Mag. If I could have only one handgun it would be either of the following, in the order shown:

Reasons: Fun shooting with light loads, and reasonable power if needed.

S&W M69 5 shot .44 mag
Freedom Arms M97 .45 Colt 4 1/4"

Can shoot all day with light loads and dispatch most problems in L48 with proper botique/handloads

Paul

44 Mag = 'fun' shooting and 'reasonable' power?

You must be in Montana. smile

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Hi Vel -- If my wife shot like that I'd let her carry whatever the hell gun she wanted!

Nice.

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
g19

FJB
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"One gun" for what ?

-walking thru the ghetto ?

-hunting ?

-concealed carry ?

-hiking in bear country ?

Large caliber, ammo flexibility, reasonable weight, I'd stick with my S&W 329 44 magnum. If you can't get it done with a 26 oz 44 magnum equipped with laser grips, you're to blame.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Go away, Douche Lady,....

Save your chit for the Key West gay bars,....and your IP ex-spurts.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Tough choice but probably this:

[Linked Image]

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
656 members (1lessdog, 2500HD, 257 mag, 17CalFan, 22magnut, 10gaugemag, 71 invisible), 2,757 guests, and 1,312 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,648
Posts18,399,108
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.