Campfire Tracker
P
M9n clips are where its at

Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A lot of votes for the Glock 19, maybe I'd better add one to my arsenal

Picked up a G19 Gen4 the other day, I got to put a few rounds through it before I bought it and I must say I'm impressed

[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by David_Walter
Is the Glock 43 rated for +p+?

If so, then that's the same as a 357 SIG almost.

Of course, there's no flies on modern 9mm Bullets when it comes to killin'

That's why the 40 S&W is on the decline, it just doesn't do the killin' part better than a good 9mm round.

+1

Yes, they are +P rated, but, the best heavy 9mm loads are designed for duty length barrels. Not as highly rated, but not too far behind, the lighter weight short barrel loads have proven better for short barrels, and those are +P.

Years back, I'd say 45acp 1911 6 days a week and twice on Sunday, but with today's pistols and expanding loads, 9mm Glock, if only one handgun allowed. Even if it had to be 45acp, and was only shooting ball, it would be a Glock pistol.

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I am not much of a handgun guy...I prefer rifles.
That said my Glock 19 is within reach. Since I got it I have not felt the desire for anything else.

“Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away”.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery. Posted by Brad.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
If it was one and only one, and this is the HG forum, guess it would have to be one of these.....

[Linked Image]

Last edited by muffin; 05/23/16.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
if dispatching a snake under conditions where you cannot leisurely put on your ear pro a .45ACP with 230 grain ball will not ring your ears quite as bad as a 9mm. I have one remaining 1911 I carry while hunting for such occasions.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Oh you enablers with your Colt and Springfields, I feel a tug. Classic designs for sure.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by RJM
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
The G19 sized G30S .45 ACP is impressing me more and more. If this had been introduced 20 years earlier (prior to the rise of the .40 and 9mm in LE circles), I think it would have been one of the top sellers in the law enforcement and concealed carry markets.

It conceals like a G19, but you have 10+1 230 grain pills on board , with a standard G21 mag as a spare (13 rounds). This makes for a great outdoorsman's handgun.

For a guy who wants one gun to cover home defense, animal defense, as well as concealed carry, this is a pretty fair choice. It is not perfect, but it does a lot of things well, in a package that fits in many G19 sized holsters.

That is hard not to like.

[Linked Image]

...with a "KNIFE!!" like that what do you need a gun for.... grin

Well my friend since you gave it to me, I have been packing it pretty steady. The dang thing is so thin and light for a "big" knife, that I find myself carrying it about everywhere.

The evening Kimber shot her cow elk last December, I gutted it using the Bushman before it got dark. Great knife.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It's nice to have choices! I own a bunch of handguns, but it would be tough not to have a 1911.

[Linked Image]

I stick to my original comment that it would have to be this one:

[Linked Image]

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Mac, I have been thinking of getting another G19 but the G30 is a bit intriguing, how fast can you make COM hits with it compared to the G19? I am sure its a bit heavier than a 19 when fully loaded, which is another factor. Most everyone seems to be moving to the 9mm these days for some reason.

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by jimmyp
Mac, I have been thinking of getting another G19 but the G30 is a bit intriguing, how fast can you make COM hits with it compared to the G19? I am sure its a bit heavier than a 19 when fully loaded, which is another factor. Most everyone seems to be moving to the 9mm these days for some reason.
Because, with modern SD loads, it does the job just about as good as the .40, with less recoil and higher capacity. Also, fewer kabooms.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I wouldn't carry either one, though I like the 1911.

I've been shooting my new 629 with 4" barrel and fully loaded with 240 grain hollow points. I've really liked a lot of other pistols, that revolver with that load can do it all for me. It is my carry revolver.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jimmyp

I’m not Mac, but I definitely have slower split times with the 30SF (slightly clunkier and heavier than the 30S) than with the 19 when both are loaded with standard-for-caliber ammo. It doesn’t make a difference for something with least common denominator par time limits like a CCW/LEO type qualification, but it makes a difference, at least to me, when trying to shave precious bits and pieces of seconds in timed or man-on-man events, especially if both are required to compete in the same division.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Only hits count, any you can't miss me fast enough with the 45ACP to kill me while I'm hitting you with my 9mm.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Gunfights are open division man-on-man events.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
Gunfights are open division man-on-man events.

Where recovery time between shots matters more than bullet mass, especially when I'm shooting premium 9mm ammo, and my Glock 43 is way easier to hide/carry/shoot than my 1911 ever was.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
These newer 9mm expanding loads have greatly closed the terminal performance gap, if not completely eliminating the previous advantages enjoyed by rounds such as from the 45acp. Gains from the newer rounds in the 45acp, have shown to offer no additional advantage. In addition, regardless of skill level, most would tend to see greater performance effectiveness when managing the reduced recoil of the 9mm, especially if it can be packaged in a handier pistol.

So if you need to shoot accurate enough to hit vitals, while doing so at the quickest pace, without throwing shots....you will likely improve a marked degree, if running the 9mm, vs something like a 45acp, especially if under stress.

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
you guys have talked me out of a new Gen 4 model 30.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd really like something lighter, but I'd be lost without a 5" 1911...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Lobo80
This question has probably been ask before on this forum but for the sake of those that didn't see it let's ask again.

Glocks and 1911's are probably the most popular so which would it be

[Linked Image]

Who TF is going to tell me I can only carry one gun? My first step would be declaring war on those who demand such!

But, I could get a lot done with a Roland Special...

�When in doubt, I whip it out.� Uncle Ted
[Linked Image]
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (16Racing, 163bc, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 1_deuce, 55 invisible), 2,506 guests, and 1,348 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,673
Posts18,456,052
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.