Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
In the 80s I called up the county animal control supervisor. He told me that I have the right to shoot animals on my property that harass my animals. He warned me I will never get along with the owners again.

A neighbor, Leo, was in his 80s then and told me about the three S's, shoot, shovel, and shut up. He said he had only killed a few dogs chasing his chickens, but he had killed hundreds on his trapline. He maintenanced tractors for Smith farms, but before work he would walk his trap line. Any dog caught in the trap he would let go, unless it growled at him. If the dog growled, he smacked it over the head.

He was an interesting guy. He said at 15 he could whip anybody, and got a job working for a bootlegger during prohibition. He drove a Winton automobile on the back dirt roads from Canada to the US all the way down to Seattle.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wife has two cats, good mice killers. I wouldn't mind hearing more about the ole timer and his drive on a Winton though.

@jameslavish

If you work 40 hrs/wk: at 5% inflation and after 5 years, you need a 28% pay raise or to work 44 more hours (*one full extra week* per month+) to make up the difference.

This is inflation
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Anyone on FaceBook, is a full blown retard.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
First, last, and ONLY cat I ever fed anything other than lead was a kitten dumped on our lane. I shoulda run it over, but like an idiot, I gathered it up and took home. I thought we'd give it a away, but Wifey #1 decided to keep it.
I seldom miss, but that one had a charmed life. Neighbor finally got it in a leg hold trap and eliminated it after it killed his daughter's kitten.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Killing feral cats is a civic duty.

It's great fun too!

Pheasants quail and turkey are nesting out behind the shed and in the pasture and woodlot.

I shot two tomcats just last week about 15 minutes apart.
The first one's flipping and flopping and yowling must have lured the second into the clearing. While he was sniffing his dead buddy's carcass I pasted him.
Those two will never piss in my shed again.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The wife and I teamed up and got one last fall.
Our kids' little calico was in heat, that's the most excellent wild tom bait known to man.

I heard him caterwauling on the front porch and saw our cat up on the table hissing at him.

Told the wife give me a count of 90 to get out the back door and make ready then ease out the door and look at him. He'll bolt north around the house for the trees and I'll plug him when he jumps the fence.

Worked like a charm.
He landed over the fence, turned and looked at me, and I nailed him right between the eyes from about 4 yards.

He jumped 5 feet high and did 37 flip flops with blood spraying.
It was beautiful.

The wife stood there by the front porch laughing so hard she had tears in her eyes.

He'll never piss on our front porch again.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 4ager
Anyone on FaceBook, is a full blown retard.

I'll respectfully disagree.

There are a long list of people on Facebook that are not "full blown retard."

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Best thing about cats is it don't matter how many ya shoot.
We'll never run out of 'em.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We've always kept a spayed cat or two around for mice. They're outdoors, and if they go off the property, they're on their own. Exactly ONE has lasted 12 years... she don't go outside the lines much, and is a killing bitch. We've been through a BUNCH of others in that time. When one doesn't show up for a while I'm left to assume someone else pet her or fed her better and she adopted them... and we find a replacement.

Good on the gal for smoking Mr. Thomas with an arrow. Vets smoke trapped kitties that can't escape by the dumpsters full daily with a needle. At least she was sporting about it. Looks like he went quick. Last thing to cross his mind before he bought it was a broadhead.

"Your range of experience runs that gamut from A to B, plus you're a nitwit. That's a hard combination to overcome, though some people try." - JB
H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Just found this. Appears to be the newest available.

Vet Cries At Hearing

On the second day of a hearing to determine whether she should lose her veterinary license, a Central Texas woman teared up as a former co-worker described how customers at a Brenham clinic still loved her.

Kristen Lindsey posted a controversial picture to Facebook in April 2015 in which she was holding an orange-and-white tomcat that she had shot in the head with an arrow.

At a hearing with the Texas Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners on Tuesday, Karen Chapman, who worked with Lindsey at the Washington Animal Clinic, said Lindsey had spoken to a doctor at the clinic about a feral cat she was having trouble with, KAGS-TV reported.

The doctor told Lindsey to “take care of it,” said Chapman, who also added that people in the area often shoot feral cats because it’s hard to trap and immunize them.

As Chapman went on to describe how customers of the veterinary clinic loved Lindsey, Lindsey started to tear up.

In other testimony Tuesday, a pair of veterinarians disagreed on how to deal with feral cats — and whether the cat in the controversial photo was feral.

Bill Folger, who works at Memorial Cat Hospital in Houston, said that such cats should be trapped and that he was “shocked, bewildered that a colleague could kill a cat like this.” He added that the cat may have still been alive when the photo was taken, based on the position of its legs.

Folger also testified that the cat appeared to be a well-fed, neutered male. He said he thought it was the same cat — Tiger — seen in pictures provided by Claire and William Johnson, who live near Lindsey.

But veterinarian Paul Smith, testifying by phone, said that the cat probably died instantaneously and that trapping feral cats is not a good idea.

On Monday, Lindsey said that the cat she shot was flea-ridden and had an odor. She admitted a photo into evidence Tuesday that she said showed it was not the same cat as Tiger.

For now, Lindsey can still practice as a vet, but a veterinary board committee has recommended that her license be revoked.

Both sides will submit closing statements in writing by early June, the VIN News Service reported. After that, the judges have 60 days to issue their recommendation to the board.

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Them cats do jump real high when they get hit.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Myself, I kill everyone I see. Would much rather have quail and turkeys than a bunch of feral cats. Feral animals don't belong in the wild in my book. I try to keep a tidy place. :):):)

If you don't like Robert E. Lee, you won't like it on this ranch. JGM
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
So if you don't happen to possess a veterinarian licence whats the penalty for killing your neighbors cat?

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jimy
So if you don't happen to possess a veterinarian licence whats the penalty for killing your neighbors cat?

No penalty if you keep quiet.

Just mail them their collar.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by oldgunsmith
Myself, I kill everyone I see. Would much rather have quail and turkeys than a bunch of feral cats. Feral animals don't belong in the wild in my book. I try to keep a tidy place. :):):)

Feral cats wreak havoc in their local ecosystem.
They displace natural occurring predators that belong there.
It's civic duty and the environmentally friendly thing to do.
Truth.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
They do a great job on our mouse population. Have plenty of wild birds around too.

But probably because we keep the cat population to 2 that live in the big hay barn...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
A barn/farm cat is not a feral cat.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bull snake or rat snake is 10 times the mouser any cat could be. It goes places a cat can't.

Plus it isn't fat and lazy from being fed by humans.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
fwiw & ime,
The hardest part about killing a feral cat is shot placement. If you are not VERY careful you will kill the miserable bastard right off... Done properly the flopping can quite therapeutic...(grin)

Regards, Matt.

NRA Life Benefactor Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
There is absolutely nothing wrong with killing feral cats and there is absolutely nothing wrong with posting pictures of your dead feral cat either.

This is just another example of PC gone insane.

Travis

That's right.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (007FJ, 1minute, 160user, 10ring1, 1beaver_shooter, 19rabbit52, 67 invisible), 2,156 guests, and 1,165 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,211
Posts18,466,230
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.