Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
[color:#3333FF]Link..![/color][/b]

(Reuters) - The United States Military Academy is poised to have its first woman dean in its 216-year history after [b]President Barack Obama nominated to the post a West Point graduate who currently leads the school's Department of Social Sciences.

Colonel Cindy Jebb, who holds a Ph.D. in political science from Duke University, needs confirmation from the U.S. Senate to take on the post. If approved, she would be promoted to brigadier general and serve as West Point's dean of the Academic Board, the U.S. Military Academy said in a statement on Friday.

“She’s revered amongst the faculty and cadets and we’re lucky to have her," West Point superintendent, Lieutenant General Robert Caslen, said in the statement.

The military academy in New York state was founded in 1802 and its graduates typically serve as Army officers. It accepted its first female cadets in 1976.

In January, the academy swore in it first female commandant of cadets.

GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
What an embarrassment for our nation.

We are destined to go the way of Europe on this, I guess.

Don't these girls look like they're about to start baking artisan cookies?

[Linked Image]

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

No Hawk, the Lady is not the embarrassment, that sits squarely at the feet of your President.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by JSTUART

No Hawk, the Lady is not the embarrassment, that sits squarely at the feet of your President.
We'll soon change that, won't we.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by JSTUART

We'll soon change that, won't we.

The world truly hopes so.

added...but from what I have seen of Americans you lot have enough lunatics in your nation to vote that clinton creature in.

Last edited by JSTUART; 04/30/16.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
“She’s revered amongst the faculty and cadets and we’re lucky to have her," West Point superintendent, Lieutenant General Robert Caslen, said in the statement.

No, this nation is cursed with the presence of women and f&ggots in the military. The only role for women in the military should be limited to stateside nurses/clerks/doctors.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Possibly the cadets will get a good 'bang'!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Very sad. Women should not be cadets at West Point in the first place.
But, under the libs, everything is possible for a woman.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444

No, this nation is cursed with the presence of women and f&ggots in the military. The only role for women in the military should be limited to stateside nurses/clerks/doctors.
They say a woman can do anything a man can, then have different physical standards. A job either requires a certain level of fitness, or it doesnt. Generally, having women requires more people and more time to do the same task. I do not see the advantage the military gains by having women or [bleep]. Only the women or [bleep] gain. Strange thinking.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We might as well get used to it,skirts have invaded our military command structure with a vengeance...

LTC Christine Mau...Deputy Commander 33rd Fighter Wing OPS..

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
As someone wrote on Facebook, ISIS will be so intimidated.

It also has to be just great for Army morale, right?

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
And, unfortunately, I do not think that there is a way to turn the whole mess around.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by deltakid
And, unfortunately, I do not think that there is a way to turn the whole mess around.
Trump can do it with an executive order. He could just announce that it was an ill conceived experiment which needs termination. Presidents are the Commander In Chief of the Armed Forces.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by deltakid
Trump can do it with an executive order. He could just announce that it was an ill conceived experiment which needs termination. Presidents are the Commander In Chief of the Armed Forces.

Won't happen.. The tracks have already been laid for this crazy train so any proposal to derail it would be controversy x 10 and just another reason for women to despise him. However gays might be on notice as I could easily see a reinstatement of "don't ask don't tell."

Woody
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So, if LTC Christine Mau drops a load of CBU's on an ISIS position, it will certainly be less effective than if LTC Bill Jones drops it.

Sure.

[Linked Image]
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by jnyork
So, if LTC Christine Mau drops a load of CBU's on an ISIS position, it will certainly be less effective than if LTC Bill Jones drops it.

Sure.

Betting she won't be the lucky one dragging them around the tarmac for loading.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Does it happen often that an Officer is "promoted" directly from Colonel to Brigadier General?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Mikewriter
Does it happen often that an Officer is "promoted" directly from Colonel to Brigadier General?

Probably depends upon who your gay mentor is.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jnyork

Sure.

That wasn't my point..I find it difficult to see the lack of testosterone in command elements these days..Are women being chosen over their male counterparts for the sake of quota's from above? Living on the doorstep of the AF that's exactly what I hear which is most disturbing.

Woody
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have a good friend recently retired who use to be an F-16 Sim instructor who's told me on many occasions he was instructed to make damn sure a particular skirt was up to snuff at all costs...Pressure from above was his exit stage left into retirement.

Woody
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

222 members (06hunter59, 22kHornet, 12344mag, 1OntarioJim, 257 mag, 10Glocks, 22 invisible), 1,410 guests, and 892 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,176
Posts18,465,474
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.