Hop To
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
R
rcarr Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Hey guys birthdays coming up and I'm looking to get my self a rifle for about a grand, definitely not more than 1500. This is not including optics as I have a conquest 3-9 x 40 I will be putting on it. Though I've hunted for years I have always been very frugal with my choices. My t/c venture in 270 has been awesome but I want to buy something "nicer" just because I want to. Confusing the search is the fact that I will continue to hunt primarily from treestand in new england with shots under 75 yards but often having to act very quickly . Deer are by far he most common target with a bear hunt and predator hunt occasionally. However I want to start doing more out of state hunts and want to do more practicing 300 -400 yards. I had the opportunity to briefly hunt in hawaii his year and axis deer around 300 yards away were beyond my comfort zone. I want to change this.
I''m most strongly considering a howa barreled action or vanguard and then throwing it in a mcmillan or manners. Can I do better? The not yet released weatherby weather mark intrigues me for some reason as does the vanguard back country. As you can tell I am biased towards weatherbys but not stuck on them.
Though I do not post here often I lurk a lot. I encourage sarcasm, hateful and off topic responses. Just to set the tone there is no a ay I'm gonna put a 20 ounce plus scope "stuck" in 6x on my rifle. Nor will I buy a poorly put together rifle requirig hours and hundreds of dollars in work because it's named after a state with mountains.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=556016569

Lot to like there for the coin. Slap that Zeiss on top and you're good.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Remington 700 KS Mountain Rifle hands down. There's one listed here in the classifieds. Worth every cent and they ain't going down in value. Already comes mounted in a McMillan to boot...

Buy once, cry once.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by rcarr
I''m most strongly considering a howa barreled action or vanguard and then throwing it in a mcmillan or manners. Can I do better?

......Nor will I buy a poorly put together rifle requirig hours and hundreds of dollars in work because it's named after a state with mountains.

But you will buy a rifle that needs a new stock for $500+, right out of the box?

If you're talking about a Montana, they're not poorly put together. And they don't take hours and hundreds of dollars in work.

Buy a used Montana for $8-900, and even if you get one that doesn't shoot, you can re-barrel it to whatever chambering you want, and have a rifle that comes in under $1500 that will no doubt shoot. In other words, spend the money you would have spent on a McMillan on a custom barrel.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Well this is no fun at all.

Surely there are some unspoken requirements to ridicule, such as controlled round feed or a fondness for walnut and blue steel? A lurking unjustifiable caliber obsession? A prejudice toward European steel or against it?

Surely an opportunity to segway into our own hardware and related accomplishments?

Or you can just say you want a .270.

In other words, it can't be as simple as suggesting a Tikka T3.

Those are the rules. Sheesh.

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I think that you can buy a CLR in 270, 30-06, 7mm Rem Mag, or 300 Win Mag for under $600 and send it to Mel Forbes at NULA for a new stock and trigger for another $600, for a total of around $1,200, right in the center of your proposed budget.

I've never heard of anybody who has had Mel Forbes put together a CLR/NULA hybrid and didn't like it or feel that it was a good value.

Maybe you could put the remaining $300 toward a cerakote job on the metal.

Last edited by 260Remguy; 05/01/16. Reason: Added stuff I'd forgotten
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I would buy one of Melvin's rifles used. 260 or 7 08. There is no reason in the world for a magnum with the OP's original specs, or even for a long action caliber. And many reasons not to.

That's if I were committed to spending the whole $, which won't happen with the T3.

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill
R
rcarr Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
R
These posts again having me leaning towards a light/ultralight rifle which may be a better for the hunting I'm actually doing. I am surprised I have not yet bought a stainless t3. Not only are the reveiews very consistent but they fit me great. However, I have hundreds in the bank and not all my credit cards have hit their limits and I want to splurge. The Forbes ClR I am intrigued by and will have to research. Any link to the service Melvin forbes offers or do you just contact him? I'm looking at a kimber adirondock for 1350 but then thinking I could custom bed a howa into a mcmillan sako classic for that price. Heavier obviously but would almost have to be accurate. So conflicted on the montana. Love the concept but worry about q/c.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
But a tikka stainless 260 and drop in a McMillian hunters edge.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Do you want the hybridizing, customizing and dikking around to result in a rifle that is a) lighter; or b) shoots better than a factory T3?

That, my friend, is a loaded question ...

If you can't stand to not spend the $, get Melvin's stuff. I mean used, not having him butter up another maker's rifle. If you are going Melvin, go full Melvin.

In decades of treestand hunting, my rifles kept getting lighter and shorter, and I liked them more and more. Now after a decade of open country hunting, my rifles are getting lighter and shorter again ...

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Was browsing gunbroker a couple of years ago and came across one of the new M70FWT in 270 made by FN. Yeah I know it's boring but you could do worse.
It's the one I grab leaving the custom stuff in the safe.
Either buy what fits you or have it fitted.

I am continually astounded at how quickly people make up their minds on little evidence or none at all.
Jack O'Connor
R
rcarr Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
R
It's funny how things come full circle. For years I have considered the t3. Whenever the wife is shopping I wander into gunshops and fondle their rifles. The q/c on the Tikkas is amazing. However going from a venture to a tikka seems like a latteral move. Same thing only lose a pound and gain stainless. The venture shoots lights out and no reliability issues. Maybe I should derail my own thread by recommending a 1000- 1500 dollar hunt.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Have you handled a Kimber Montana? I would take an 84M or 84L over any stock McMillan makes. Kimber Montana is a STEAL when comparing what you get.

If you decide you want your crosshairs align w/ POI you may change your tune about 20oz scopes. A SWFA SS 3-9x42 is a perfect match for a Kimber Montana. Throw in a Sig Kilo 2000 and all you need is some practice.

David

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'd buy a 700 CDL SS. But that doesn't sound like what you're after.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
rcarr,

For decades I hunted locally and made wildcats. Now I figure I finished with wildcats and spend my money on hunts. Take photos and enjoy the hunts with a good enough rifle.

Lately I have been playing with scopes. They are cheaper than rifles. After Swarovski z5, Nightforce, Leupold VX-6, Minox ZA 5HD, Nikon Monarch 3, Ziess, I have narrowed it down to Bushnell 6500 4 1/2-30X50. The glass is better than the z5, as good as the VX-6 and low light performance as good as either one. And it has more magnification than any except the Nightforce which was ten ounces heavier.

By the way, welcome to the 'fire.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Chuckling here as I see so many of my own memories in your post.

What you want for your budget cannot be measured in fit and finish, lightness, or accuracy. Figure out what it can be measured in and buy it.

One day two or three decades ago I wandered among the vendors at a 'large' outdoors expo event at the State Fair Grounds in Raleigh, NC. There was a gentleman sitting among his custom rifles, and my impression was that he knew how to sell them, but that his deeper talent was in making them. I picked up one off the rack.

The experience was something like Oh my God and it was created by a rifle not merely light but perfect. It must have shown on my face because he smiled.

There was a balance and execution to the whole requiring a deep gift of the maker, and a belief similar to mine of what a complete rifle should be. The man was, of course, Melvin Forbes. In a lifetime of shouldering rifles, it is the only time I have ever felt that way.

So I have 'figured it out' for myself, and revealed all prejudice.

R
rcarr Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Thanks for all the input guys. Looking like its a three way tie between the t3 stainless, the Montana and a hunt. I have handled the montana a thousand times in a store but never fired a shot. I LOVE how it handles and love the concept. I had a marlin xs7 for a bit and like
Blind magazines. I also like the stock ergonomics and the idea of a Kevlar stock. However the q/c and support has me nervous. I am fairly certain this question is allowed on this forum but if not let me know and accept my apologies. Any good deals on close out Montana's. Would never use the threaded barrel. Definitely would want a short action at that weight. 7mm/08 would be ideal.

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Go hunting. wink

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
pm Darrik, Aka Shortactionsmoker of Whittakers Guns:

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/users/34076/shortactionsmoker

David

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Talus_in_Arizona
Chuckling here as I see so many of my own memories in your post.

What you want for your budget cannot be measured in fit and finish, lightness, or accuracy. Figure out what it can be measured in and buy it.

One day two or three decades ago I wandered among the vendors at a 'large' outdoors expo event at the State Fair Grounds in Raleigh, NC. There was a gentleman sitting among his custom rifles, and my impression was that he knew how to sell them, but that his deeper talent was in making them. I picked up one off the rack.

The experience was something like Oh my God and it was created by a rifle not merely light but perfect. It must have shown on my face because he smiled.

There was a balance and execution to the whole requiring a deep gift of the maker, and a belief similar to mine of what a complete rifle should be. The man was, of course, Melvin Forbes. In a lifetime of shouldering rifles, it is the only time I have ever felt that way.

So I have 'figured it out' for myself, and revealed all prejudice.

Agreed.

NULA is worth the $.

David

C
CMH Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I have and like several T3's, but also recently picked up a CLR and decided to get one of Melvin Forbes' stocks for it. Very nice gentleman to talk to on the phone when I was asking how much he charged for them and the typical turn around times and such.

The CLR has proven to shoot very well with the factory barrel so I'll be leaving that alone for now, but a couple days ago when the new stock arrived and I swapped them out it became an entirely different feeling rifle. The new stock is significantly lighter and feels much better. It's not a NULA, but it is a darn nice rifle.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Beware though, because Melvin's light rifles don't shoot well at the ranges you specified.

That's a teaser.

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/forums/38/1/Long_Range_Hunting

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Honestly, you probably can not get a used one for $1500. So it's back to you-know-what.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm not a Tikka fan, so how about a Bergera in 6.5 Creedmoor?

Or a Vanguard2 in 6.5 Creedmoor with a McM stock in the style that works best for you.

Or a 700 CDL-SF in whatever cartridge that moves you with a McM stock in the style that works best for you.

R
rcarr Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
R
I've had my eyes on the Ultra Light Arms for year. Remember seeing one years (2 decades ago?) at a gun show and if left an impression. Reviews and testimony from users always great. But honestly too expensive to even consider. I actually like the idea of the ClR and sending it to for forbes but a quick search did not reveal any short actions and they seem fo be getting pricey.
I would say the t3 is probably the most practical choice and most bang for the buck. But maybe I want to go through the process of a semi custom build just to do it. I wish they offered the howa 20 inch #1 counter in stainless as I really want stainless. I would drop it in an edge or a elite hunter.
If I'm in a practical mood I'll probably get the t3 or t3x and keep if 100% stock and maybe even get a rangefinder and a few other goodies with money I save.
However, I just spent a few hours looking at different custom rifles and kind of want to build a 22.75 inch Barreled 1:7.9 inch twist 7mm 08Ai with a mcswirly 21% white and 70% black and 9% charteuse. Three swivel studs in the back, none in the front just cause.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I would call Whittakers and ask if they had any of the All Weather Hawkeyes left.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
You could always keep using the Venture until you save more money for a Nula, if that's what you really want.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sako

Finnlight

7mm-08

'Nuff said.....

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I've had my eyes on the Ultra Light Arms for year. Remember seeing one years (2 decades ago?) at a gun show and if left an impression. Reviews and testimony from users always great. But honestly too expensive to even consider. I actually like the idea of the ClR and sending it to for forbes but a quick search did not reveal any short actions and they seem fo be getting pricey.
I would say the t3 is probably the most practical choice and most bang for the buck. But maybe I want to go through the process of a semi custom build just to do it. I wish they offered the howa 20 inch #1 counter in stainless as I really want stainless. I would drop it in an edge or a elite hunter.
If I'm in a practical mood I'll probably get the t3 or t3x and keep if 100% stock and maybe even get a rangefinder and a few other goodies with money I save.
However, I just spent a few hours looking at different custom rifles and kind of want to build a 22.75 inch Barreled 1:7.9 inch twist 7mm 08Ai with a mcswirly 21% white and 70% black and 9% charteuse. Three swivel studs in the back, none in the front just cause.

Is charteuse a McM color option?

I'm kinda fond of a grape, turquoise, and either light grey or white mix.

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
Tikka T3 stainless, put it in a McMillan of your choice, go forth and full arks.

But, for the same price (or less) you could have a 2015 (non-threaded) Montana. That's what I'd do.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by 2muchgun
Sako

Finnlight

7mm-08

'Nuff said.....

I like this one.......or a Nosler Patriot, or T3.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
If you want to go traditional, I have a very nice, near mint condition, one year limited production, REM 700 C!assic in .280 that I might let go for $1499 😀

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
rcarr,

In my experience it's hard to beat the accuracy/trigger/etc. of the T/C Venture. Unless you just want something lighter to hunt with from a stand, I'd suggest what somebody else already did: Save your money until you can afford a NULA. At that point, however, you might be tempted to spend the money on a hunt instead.

But it's your money, and your decision on what's more important, an "upgrade" in your rifle (whether or not it will actually shoot better) or something else.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MikeL2
If you want to go traditional, I have a very nice, near mint condition, one year limited production, REM 700 C!assic in .280 that I might let go for $1499 😀

I've never seen a Classic go that high.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
This schit cracks me up!

Get a Dumbfhuqk asking a STUPID question,fabricate Delusions to pad the inherent Stupidity of same and then feign a fhuqking clue. Hilarious!

For $1500 Clams and someone who "shoots","hunts" and "reloads" as "much" as the OP...it'd be NIB Montucky 308,Reupold 30mm DD's,6x MQ Fixed Fhuqker,BC's and a coupla hunnert Skinners. It'll blow the piece of fhuqking schit Venture outta the water.

Funnier than fhuqk,when Dumbfhuqks cain't savvy hilarity,such as the Classic Ruse. Poor poor fhuqking STUPID Dooshmike. Laughing!

Or having never seen a 7-08AI...like one of you Dumbfhuqks could pick 'em out of a crowd. Cheer up,the rifle got MUCH better with a 6x Fixed Fhuqker. Hint.

Laughing!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Or an Adirondack. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Or an Ascent.

[Linked Image]

I've only seen one McMillan and it was black. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Never been tough to cypher who shoots and who don't. Hint.

I getta kick outta Day Dreaming Do NOTHING Dumbfhuqks,talking out their asses...tryin' to convince themselves that they have a fhuqking clue,while it remains GLARINGLY obvious that ain't in the cards! Mebbe a Texan will Whine that she "can't read" this. I'm fhuqking cryin'.....I'm laughing soooooooooooo fhuqking hard!!!!!!!!

Pardon my being afforded the luxury,of not being forced to guess.

Hint.

Bless your hearts.

Laughing!........................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by moosemike
Originally Posted by MikeL2

I've never seen a Classic go that high.

It would surprise the heck out of me too!

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Hey guys birthdays coming up and I'm looking to get my self a rifle for about a grand, definitely not more than 1500. This is not including optics as I have a conquest 3-9 x 40 I will be putting on it. Though I've hunted for years I have always been very frugal with my choices. My t/c venture in 270 has been awesome but I want to buy something "nicer" just because I want to. Confusing the search is the fact that I will continue to hunt primarily from treestand in new england with shots under 75 yards but often having to act very quickly . Deer are by far he most common target with a bear hunt and predator hunt occasionally. However I want to start doing more out of state hunts and want to do more practicing 300 -400 yards. I had the opportunity to briefly hunt in hawaii his year and axis deer around 300 yards away were beyond my comfort zone. I want to change this.
I''m most strongly considering a howa barreled action or vanguard and then throwing it in a mcmillan or manners. Can I do better? The not yet released weatherby weather mark intrigues me for some reason as does the vanguard back country. As you can tell I am biased towards weatherbys but not stuck on them.
Though I do not post here often I lurk a lot. I encourage sarcasm, hateful and off topic responses. Just to set the tone there is no a ay I'm gonna put a 20 ounce plus scope "stuck" in 6x on my rifle. Nor will I buy a poorly put together rifle requirig hours and hundreds of dollars in work because it's named after a state with mountains.

I saw a beautiful little Remington mountain rifle BDL (Not DBM) in 280 rem that the shop owner says shoots good and would sell for $800.00 with leupold 3-9x40. Looks like new. If I had the $800.00 and was looking, that's probably the one I'd jump on right now... You don't have to pay "$1,500.00"+ to get into a nice hunting rifle.. Good luck with your search..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'd take a 700 Mountain over a Kimber or Tikka anyday. Almost bought one in .280 but I already have a very accurate BDL in that chambering and I thought it might get a bit redundant.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Big Stick
This schit cracks me up! Get a Dumbfhuqk asking a STUPID question,fabricate Delusions to pad the inherent Stupidity of same and then feign a fhuqking clue. Hilarious!

rcarr (OP) don't worry, he talks about everybody that way (except for a couple on the forum who really suck up to him big time). It's not a personal attack on you. You just asked, in an unsuspecting manner, the opinions of others. That is a green light for Big Stick to call you names and treat you like an idiot. The rest of us don't consider you stupid for asking the opinion of others.

By the way, as anybody here will tell you, I'm not one of Big Stick's suck up sycophants; but, I would parrot his recommendation here. He may have been later to the Kimber Montana and SWFA SS user group than many of us; but, he likes them.

To Big Stick, I hope you are well little buddy.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
bsa',

Tough to get giddy about blued/walnut and Reupold 3-9x's,in a L/A MR handle. Hint.

While the twist/throating/COAL are spot on,the CM/Living Wood concessions are huge,on a rifle that will be actually USED. I realize that use is a concept new to you. Laughing!

The MR handle pales to the Classic in felt recoil management and when musing Light Done Right,the Montucky has NO equal...especially in a L/A and in direct comparison to even a McMillan KS. Pardon my having it all. Hint.

You'd think one would yard a 7-08AI flingin' 162 A-Max Smooches at 2850fps out of a MR and into a fhuqking Classic instead...along with a 6x Fixed Fhuqker replacing 6x42 M1's?!? Hey wait. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Hell...even a Montucky in SAAMI Twat-Six squirtin' Skinners,is a soft shootin' sonofabitch,despite it's gross lack of mass. Hint.

[Linked Image]

'Course just like the Three Oh Not So Great,things only get better when you start necking the suck out of it. I only Casted & Blasted the above rifle for (4) days then rebarreled it Brux 1-8" contour duped/shank reduction at 22.25" for a Six Twat-Six and 105 Hornie HPBT's at 3300fps.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Despite the NIB donor,there's less than $1500 into the bare rifle. Though soon to be Bear Rifle. Hint. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Always a fhuqking treat to be regaled with your "harrowing" Window Licking "Adventures",keen "insight","knowledge","experience" and "results"...along with them unequaled pixels. Give or fhuqking take.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!......................

Dooshmike,

Cite "all" the Montuckys you've "gunned" and feel free to wax eloquent upon their "particulars",as per your "best" "efforts". The Paper Hat Brigade's "Almost" Chronicles are compelling "Testimony". Congratulations?!?

Don't "forget" boolits,bases,rings and glass...along with some pics of your Imagination and it's Pretend. Laughing!

Is there NO end to you Do NOTHING Dumbfhuqks and your Imaginations and Pretend?!? Wow +P++!

Bless your heart.

Laughing!................

TheBitchingSniveler,

It is hilariouser than fhuqk,that you follow me around nipping at heels and flaunt your Imagination and it's Pretend,as "vindication" of all the things you almost did,all the wares you almost used and all the places you almost did 'em. You poor poor(literally) Sappy Day Dreaming Do NOTHING Dumbfhuqk.

I enjoy how you obliviously arrange Reality colliding with your Fantasy. Congratulations?!?

Don't "forget" to cite "particulars" and I'm always torn on which is fhuqking funnier,the Whine or the Excuses. You "hard chargers" are a fhuqking RIOT!

Bless your heart.

Laughing!...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
For $1500 I personally would be looking for a donor and rebarrel candidate. To that end either a Kimber or a Rem700. The Kimber comes with a great trigger and great stock. The M700 has those items easily available.

You might as well shoot the donor, especially the Kimber, since it already has the other stuff.... you mention Kimber QC issues but I haven't seen that. Very well made rifles. If it has a bad barrel, rebarrel it and still be on budget. Chances are good it won't. You don't need bughole accuracy anyway for the ranges you propose shooting.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Big Stick, little buddy, c'mon. What did I say that was wrong? I'm trying to let the OP know that you didn't have anything against him personally. I don't want you to scare him away after all.

You did well this time though. Even though you gave the same recommendation as you always do, tactless as it was, it was correct this time. Heck, a guy could come here asking about CQB options where a 14 inch barrel and CCO were more appropriate and you would go on and on with some diatribe about "ping pong balls" and twist rates and COAL and erector travel and shooting at the 2000 yard line, blah, blah, blah and all the guy wants is a rifle and appropriate optics to clear rooms in a building or to shoot deer in the woods at less than 200 yards. Then you would go on to tell him how wrong he is, how stupid he is and how he has female genitals and does nothing but sit on the couch and eat cheetos and watch Oprah, all of this without ever meeting him. Usually, you will have been no help at all while demeaning the unsuspecting victims who only sought multiple opinions and help. All of this while you would be the only one in the thread who posted what he did not need or seek. Go get'm tiger.

Two thumbs up this time little buddy (minus your personal attack and defamation of the unsuspecting new guy).

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Does the AI come in 40...and 30?

R
rcarr Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Appreciate the replies. I have been lurking here for years so being insulted by big stick feels like an honor. When I started this thread it was more
For the fun of the discussion than expecting an answer. Though this may change tomorrow right now it is between the tikka and the montana. I'm slightly leaning towards the Montana. Though I left this out in orginal post it will definitely be synthetic and preferably stainless. Also looking at Howa Alpine and vanguard backcountry. Not sure
About cerakote. No rush on my end but will update everyone when I do actually make a purchase. My wife
Makes fun of me as every year I talk about
A new rifle but then spend money elsewhere. Appreciate your time.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
...............Confusing the search is the fact that I will continue to hunt primarily from treestand in new england with shots under 75 yards but often having to act very quickly . Deer are by far he most common target with a bear hunt and predator hunt occasionally. However I want to start doing more out of state hunts and want to do more practicing 300 -400 yards.

If anything, this does not complicate, but rather simplifies the choices. The demands are not really great. smile

About any commonly available bolt action with a 22" barrel and decent handling characteristics will manage New England deer hunting from stands, ground blinds, or on foot. "Fast handling" is more a function of practice than anything else.

Most any factory sporter weighing 6.5-8 pounds is capable of managing 300-400 yard shots ...just a function of enough practice.

Here's a buck killed in a New England clear cut at about 200 yards from an elevated stand with a Parker Hale Mauser 270 and 140 gr BT. That rifle has killed a bunch of others as well. It's owner is an accomplished match shooter....Hint. wink

[Linked Image]

Last edited by BobinNH; 05/02/16.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I would look at the Weatherby Wilderness model, same as the Backcountry without the Cerakote and will save you some $$$. You can get into one for around $775.00. Since you like Weatherby's.

PASS IT ON!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That's a pig there Bob

Want To Buy;
Form die for a 7mm Mashburn Super.
.284 Hornady AMax 162gr.
.224 Hornady AMax 75gr.
22-250 bushing die
Bushing die that will work with the 7mm Mashburn Super
A couple Glock 42 380ACP mags
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I've had good experiences with my Tikka's, but IMO the Montana is way more rifle. I'd pick one up in 7-08 if I could find one, and even in the off-chance the barrel was no good, you could be into a mighty fine stock, trigger, action, and a match-grade barrel, and come in at or under budget.

Easy choice to me. If you were constrained by half the budget, then I could see living with a cheap plastic stock and going T3. But even then I'd probably just grab a Rem 700 and upgrade stock and trigger as funds allow.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Not that my opinion matters very much and it isn't what was asked, but personally, looking back a lot of years, and going thru the gun buying scenarios as the OP is, I wish I would have spent more money on the hunts than guns.

I personally did what the OP asked and invested in a Weatherby, had it rebarreled with a premium barrel,set it in McMillian stock and put a Leupold VarX III 3-9 on it. Shot like a dream. However,it didn't kill anymore elk than the guns I had and I suspect the OP will find out a new rifle won't kill anymore deer either, but it's a fun road to go down if you have the $$$$$.

I now use one rifle for deer and elk and one for antelope, except for my ML tags.Works out fine

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
I've had good experiences with my Tikka's, but IMO the Montana is way more rifle. I'd pick one up in 7-08 if I could find one, and even in the off-chance the barrel was no good, you could be into a mighty fine stock, trigger, action, and a match-grade barrel, and come in at or under budget.

Easy choice to me. If you were constrained by half the budget, then I could see living with a cheap plastic stock and going T3. But even then I'd probably just grab a Rem 700 and upgrade stock and trigger as funds allow.

True enough, but he could get a T3 in 7-08, put a 3-9 Conquest/Cabelas instinct/Doug's CL Meopta 3.5-10 and be under $1500 easily. Nothing mentioned will outshoot one anyway plastic and all. No offense to the Kimber guys but it would be near the bottom of my list.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Of all the rifles I've owned in the sub 1500 category, I'd have to say that Sako is the nicest of the bunch. The Finnlite is a good option.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I know there is a lot of Tikka love here, but they don't seem to fit the bill as a "nice rifle" indulgence.

The Montana and Finnlight are good factory options. If you look hard enough, a pre-loved Cooper might be a nice option.

If you want to look down the semi-custom road, consider posting an ad in the classifieds. You don't seem to have a specific layout in mind yet, so something might catch your eye at a price that you couldn't duplicate in a fresh build.

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
saddlesore,

Ain't hindsight wonderful? Or depressing, depending on the moment.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sako or Tikka.

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
saddlesore,

Ain't hindsight wonderful? Or depressing, depending on the moment.

Yep.I sure wasted a lot of money over the years that could have been spent on some darn good guided hunts where others packed the camps in,wrangled stock,gutted and quarted the game ,then packed it out.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
So Stumpy:

[Linked Image]

Is RUST one of your accuracy secrets?

Rusty metal and crap paint jobs with your teenage daughter's funky colored nail polish, seem to be a common thread in ALL of your firearms...

oh and the 'studly' pirate bumper stickers etc...

I gather these are all Accuracy Improvement and Velocity Enhancing secrets of yours...

No wonder all your Groupies think you are so AWESUM!!!!!

Who would have thought those would help accuracy out???

You're just a friggin Genius there Stumpy....

do you recommend cold creek water, or to soak the rifle in warm salt water, to speed up the rusting process?

I'm sure your Groupies can wait for your words of wisdom dripping with Authentic Alaskan Trailer Park Gibberish...

Cheers Stumpy, and I hope the hangover is easy on you tomorrow morning...and hows that blood pressure treating ya?

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Les7603006
That's a pig there Bob

Les: Yes it is. 228 dressed.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
These posts again having me leaning towards a light/ultralight rifle which may be a better for the hunting I'm actually doing. I am surprised I have not yet bought a stainless t3. Not only are the reveiews very consistent but they fit me great. However, I have hundreds in the bank and not all my credit cards have hit their limits and I want to splurge. The Forbes ClR I am intrigued by and will have to research. Any link to the service Melvin forbes offers or do you just contact him? I'm looking at a kimber adirondock for 1350 but then thinking I could custom bed a howa into a mcmillan sako classic for that price. Heavier obviously but would almost have to be accurate. So conflicted on the montana. Love the concept but worry about q/c.

I run a Kimber Adirondack chambered in .308 and love it. I live in the upper area of New England and it's been fast, accurate, and extremely light.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Jeff-O,

Someone who "does" and "knows" as "much" as you...will ALWAYS be better off asking questions,than giving "answers". Congratulations?!?

The only things you shoot are your mouth and Imagination.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!..............

TheBitchingSniveler,

Fell free to bolt all of your Imagination and Pretend together,to conjure the Delusion that I've ever been "mistaken". Congratulations?!?

You suck a mean ass,undoubtedly due to all them years of practice...you "lucky" kchunt.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!.......................

BR,

40-degree or bust.....................

'carr,

Dumbfhuqkery ain't an "honor",it's a fhuqking plight. Congratulations?!?

I getta kick outta you Do NOTHING Dumbfhuqks and all of your Imagination and Pretend. As per your always,when it's all said and done...there will have been a fhuqk of a lot more said,than done.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!.................

NH,

The OP couldn't knock the "new" offa used pair of boots and certainly wouldn't(couldn't) crowd within 25% of an OEM Montucky 308's potential.

'Course I'm being wellllllllllllll beyond gracious and optimistic...............(grin)

'ROY,

The fewer the bolt lugs on a Weatherby,the better the mousetrap. That being said and the VG/Howa easily being their best efforts...they are a pile of fhuqking schit,compared to a Montucky.

Hint...................

Jordan,

Tikka is a fhuqking joke,compared to a Montucky...............

'sore,

You've never not been a Turd Polishing Clueless Fhuqk and there's no "risk" of them facts changing. Congratulations?!?

"All" that you've "learned" in your "Life"...wouldn't wet the bottom of a thimble.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!.....................

Shefire,

I'll feign my GREAT "surprise",that you've more pictures of me and my wares in "your" album,than you do your HILARIOUS "results". Congratulations?!?

You'd need a co-signer for the Jolly Rogers alone and only McMillan rates one. Hint.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!....................

DV',

I hear good thangs...................(grin)

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by BobinNH
...............Confusing the search is the fact that I will continue to hunt primarily from treestand in new england with shots under 75 yards but often having to act very quickly . Deer are by far he most common target with a bear hunt and predator hunt occasionally. However I want to start doing more out of state hunts and want to do more practicing 300 -400 yards.

If anything, this does not complicate, but rather simplifies the choices. The demands are not really great. smile

About any commonly available bolt action with a 22" barrel and decent handling characteristics will manage New England deer hunting from stands, ground blinds, or on foot. "Fast handling" is more a function of practice than anything else.

Most any factory sporter weighing 6.5-8 pounds is capable of managing 300-400 yard shots ...just a function of enough practice.

Here's a buck killed in a New England clear cut at about 200 yards from an elevated stand with a Parker Hale Mauser 270 and 140 gr BT. That rifle has killed a bunch of others as well. It's owner is an accomplished match shooter....Hint. wink

[Linked Image]

Holy cow Bob! Did you just post a picture of yourself and an animal? Honestly, I think that's the first one I've seen! Or maybe it's some other accomplished shooter??😳

BTW, nice chain hoist! Lol!

Last edited by Akbob5; 05/04/16.

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Jordan,

That's what I said... (grin)

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Jordan,

I was simply confirming your confirmation,so Window Lickers wouldn't have to "think" too hard.(grin)

Mighta been reaffirmation as well,to frost THE Stupidity Cake for 'Raider's Whining Dumbfhuqktitude,because she took hilarity to new fhuqking levels by Whining:

"True enough, but he could get a T3 in 7-08, put a 3-9 Conquest/Cabelas instinct/Doug's CL Meopta 3.5-10 and be under $1500 easily. Nothing mentioned will outshoot one anyway plastic and all. No offense to the Kimber guys but it would be near the bottom of my list."

She really "knows" rifles,boolits,mounts and glass.

Bless her heart.

Laughing!

ONLY a fence hoppin' Texan,would welcome soooooooooooo fhuqking many concessions and harbor enough Imagination and Pretend to concoct the Delusion that they was "advantages". The only thing she "shoots",is her mouth and Imagination.

That poor poor AMAZINGLY Stupid Fhuqk,I just hope that she don't yet again "forget" about her Imaginary Pretend Ignore. Funnier than fhuqk,that besides being a Clueless Kchunt,she is also a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit.

What were the "odds"?!?

Laughing!

Gotta love the inherent humor of grandiose oblivious Dumdfhuqktitude,by "hard chargers" doing their best. Ask her for pics,it's funnier than fhuqk!

Wow +P+!..................

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I agree.

My 'Montana experience' has been favorable. Shooting the factory spout, but will need to re-barrel soon.

By the time I got happy with my Tikka T3s, with stocks, mags, etc. I had nearly the same invested.

I do like a 700 Mountain Rifle in 7mm-08. Mine is straight factory issued for the most part, but will also re-barrel soon and still be under your budget.

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ohhh! You got me good there Big Stick, little buddy.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Jordan,

Enjoying the lovefest here. You want to be left alone with your Montanas?

μολὼν λαβέ

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
'Nut,

The only thing you "shoot",is your mouth and Imagination. Congratulations?!?

Great time to plagiarize some pics and tell a few more lies.

Bless your heart.

TheBitchingSniveler,

Nobody can get you Do NOTHING Dumbfhuqks,as well as you can...by simply doing your best. Congratulations?!?

I'll feign my GREAT "surprise",that despite your fervent heel nipping and incessant quest to quantify that Imitation,is THE most sincere form of Flattery,you are unable to find me "mistaken". What were the fhuqking "odds"?!?

Bless your heart.

Kchuntis,

No need to keep crashin' outta closets,though your homoerotic tendencies consume you. Congratulations?!?

Didja' yet again "forget" about your Drama Queen pronouncement of Imaginary Pretend Ignore decree? I'll feign my "surprise",that besides being an utterly CLUELESS Fhuqk,you are also a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit. You "hard chargers" really "get after it".

Bless your heart.

Laughing!...................

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Have another drink and got throw some montanas in the creek.

μολὼν λαβέ

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Stick,

Throw up some more pics you took 15 years ago of a 'pard' that actually shot something. The same old schit is, well, the same old schit. Laffin'

Keep living in the past and telling yourself you still could. As much time as you spend posting here, you sure as hell ain't doin' much other than pounding a keyboard. Insert <Congratulations?> here.

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 1Nut
Stick,

Throw up some more pics you took 15 years ago of a 'pard' that actually shot something. The same old schit is, well, the same old schit. Laffin'

Keep living in the past and telling yourself you still could. As much time as you spend posting here, you sure as hell ain't doin' much other than pounding a keyboard. Insert <Congratulations?> here.

Better yet, get him to post a picture at work that wasn't taken twenty years ago. That's why he has all this free time to shoot and fish. Me, I always seem to be at work. And when I'm home I'm still on call.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I will help Lawrence out with new pictures.

His latest kill!

[Linked Image]

μολὼν λαβέ

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That sure looks like Stick, but that rifle looks like its' blued steel and wood schit with a 'Ruepold' on top... must be a 'pards'.

Laffin'!

Nut

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Oh my...the Whining Do NOTHING Kchunts are in a tizzy,trying to out NOTHING one another and bask in the "glory" of Kchuntfest 2016's rich "accolades" and coveted Tiara!

Laughing!

Kchuntis,

I'll feign my "surprise",that the "best" you can "do",is to reiterate that you are a Drooling CLUELESS Dumbfhuqk and an absolute Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit. Congratulations?!?

After all the Estrogen expended in convincing yourself of how "real" your Imaginary Pretend Ignore is,it's a great "surprise" that the Delusion never fhuqking happened. I'm sure all are taken aback,at the "revelation". Laughing!

Be sure to cling on my every word and gawk every pixel,while trying to convince yourself you "could too".

Bless your heart.

Laughing!......................

Superkchunt,

I'll feign my "surprise",that the most you can muster in the "firsthand",is a swiped picture offa the Interweb. Congratulations?!?

If/when you can "remember" the last decade in which you went Outdoors,be certain to regale and wax eloquent on the "Adventure". Be sure to include "your" pics too.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!..................

'Nut,

I enjoy your high pitched Nasal Whine and trembling lip,as your quivering fingers type your hilarious lies,fabricated ala the Delusion of your Imagination and it's Pretend. Congratulations?!?

Be certain to try and "convince" yourself,of the things you most NEED to hear,as you set on your couchbound kchunt and obliviously perfect your inherent Do NOTHING Dumbfhuqkery.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!.............

Dooshmike,

I may or may not be at work this very second. Your uncanny "perception",undoubtedly granted you the Blue Parking Permit,you sooooooooooo very richly deserve. Congratulations?!?

Perhaps if you bitch about being a Clueless,Do NOTHING,Broke Dick Dumbfhuqk...it'll all "magically" get "better"? Give or fhuqking take! You STUPID Fhuqks couldn't knock the "new" offa used pair of boots,with a headstart and a tail wind.

Bless your heart.

What were the "odds" of you "Hard Charging" Gals giving ALL things The Rifle and embarrassingly wide berth?!?

I'm laughing so fhuqking hard...I'm crying!!!!

Perhaps Secret Squirrel PM one another,brazenly meld your Imagiunation and Pretend,then really go for the throat,by citing what you are gonna ALMOST "do" today. Few things as fascinatin',as Pavement Poundin' City Slickin' "Adventures",in the "wilds" of Dumbfhuqks Imaginations and Pretend. Extry points awarded for saying how "real" the Delusions are.

Laughing!

Wow +P+++!!!.....................

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Rut-Roh. He's all fired up and going for the jugular, boys...

...wait. Seems I've heard all this brainless jibberish somewhere before... oh, yea...his last 14,000 or so posts.

Laffin'.

Nut

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Fotis

Jordan,

Enjoying the lovefest here. You want to be left alone with your Montanas?

A little hot and bothered, Fotis? I'm not brand loyal, be it scopes, rifles, bullets, or anything else. But I know quality when I'm holding it in my hands, and I know good results when I see them in the field.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Stick, I'd love some of these do nothing couchbound days you talk of. Unfortunately work won't allow for it. And being broke ain't my problem either. Making money is great but I just would like some time to spend it.

R
rcarr Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
R
This discussion has been even more fun than anticipated. Sure everyone's been dying to know what I end up with. I'm gonna head to Kittery trading post this week and fondle a few rifles but I'm back on a vanguard s2 kick. The idea of putting a McMillan sako hunter on it just appeals to me. Though I know it would be heavy it's hard to imagine it wouldn't shoot. Though I must admit a part of me says just stick with the venture and book a hunt. I've also been talking to a guy that's offering a good deal on a fallow buck hunt. I know I'm all over the place but darn this discussion has been fun.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Go to KTP. Grab a Montana and go hunting.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

+1.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

That's what I'd do as well.

Nut

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I know where the KTP is.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This discussion has been even more fun than anticipated. Sure everyone's been dying to know what I end up with. I'm gonna head to Kittery trading post this week and fondle a few rifles but I'm back on a vanguard s2 kick. The idea of putting a McMillan sako hunter on it just appeals to me. Though I know it would be heavy it's hard to imagine it wouldn't shoot. Though I must admit a part of me says just stick with the venture and book a hunt. I've also been talking to a guy that's offering a good deal on a fallow buck hunt. I know I'm all over the place but darn this discussion has been fun.

When you go to KTP check out the Wilderness model in the Vanguard line, I just got in a 308. I took it all apart and the stock on this model and the Backcountry are the same and are proprietary. The stock weighed 25 Oz’s. on my scale. I wished they sold this stock through Stocky's but I already tried and no dice. Nice rifle for the money and identical to the Backcountry minus the cerakote.

PASS IT ON!
R
rcarr Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
R
C_ROY, I will definitely check out the wilderness. Weatherby rifles have always appealed to me. It's funny how we always overthink rifles so that the factory offerings are not quite good enough. The wilderness seems perfect except I wish it were stainless. That 25 ounce weatherby style stock in stainless #2 barreled action would be great. I' wish the howa Barreled actions were more readily available. If anyone knows of a stainless standard sporter weight 22 inch barreled action in 270 or even better 308 or 7mm 08 for around 500 please let me know. I just can't picture a howa/vanguard stainless barreled action in a mcmillan sucking. If I can get the barreled action for 500 and the mcmillan for around 550 that would work.
This buying a "nice" rifle is just a scratch I have to itch.

Last edited by rcarr; 05/06/16.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
It's funny how we always overthink rifles so that the factory offerings are not quite good enough.

If you get the Montana, you won't have that feeling.

You cannot match it for twice the price.

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I know where the KTP is.

Yup! It's right near the best fried clams and lobsters in southern Maine. smile

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Sako

Your Every Liberal vote promotes Socialism and is an
attack on the Second Amendment. You will suffer the consequences.

GOA,Idaho2AIAlliance,AmericanFirearmsAssociation,IdahoTrappersAssociation,FoundationForWildlifeManagement ID and MT.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
'Nut,

You poor poor(literally) STUPID Fhuqk,just what do you "think" that you've "done",to change your "esteemed" Couchbound Kchunt status? I mean besides add fresh lies,more swiped pics and upped your Whinetitude? Congratulations?!?

Gawddamned fhuqking heatwave here and this fhuqking dust sure is hard on riggin'.

Laughing!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Mebbe share more of your plagiarized "outdoor" pics,"work" pics and them killer Pavement Pounding "Adventure" pics.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!.............

Jordan,

If you placed Kchuntis inside the fence of a mowed pasture and spun her (1) revolution...she'd be lost for days. 'Course in fairness,she's been lost for decades.

The ONLY thing she "shoots",is her mouth and Imagination,though she is a good thief and great liar.

Laughing!...............

Dooshmike,

It's your Imagiunation...simply Pretend with it as you MUST. Congratulations?!?

Obliged for the inherent humor of your Excuses and the magnificent Whine. You "lucky" kchunt!

Bless your heart.

'carr,

I cain't know which is funnier...a Dumbfhuqk getting giddy over a Howa or one who's jacked to rent a Canned Hunt. Congratulations?!?

Here's to the perpetual HILARITY of you Dumbfhuqks simply doing your best.

Bless your heart.

WOW +P++!

Laughing!...............

'NH,

I hear good thangs about OEM Montuckys.

Suplized someone hadn't mentioned the Dumbfhuqk OP scoring one in 308,going 6x MQ Fixed Fhuqker,Reupold DD's,Sig LRF and rocking killer Factory Fodder...so she don't hurt herself.

Laughing!...............

'Roy,

You can do whatever you like to the Howa,but it will ALWAYS be lightyears shy of Montucky Magnitude.

Hint..................

Whelen',

By God...you just might be onto sumptin'...............

Shag,

What in THE fhuqk,would someone as fhuqking STUPID as you,"know" about rifles,or using 'em? Spare NO details. Congratulations?!?

One would need to drive a stake,to mark to see if you've ever been offa the fhuqking couch. Add pics to obliviously quantify same,you "lucky" kchunt.

Bless your heart.

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I know where the KTP is.

I actually had one of the best pizzas of my life in Kittery ME. I no longer remember the name of the place as that was 15 years ago.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ohhhhh. Dang that's impressive. A picture of a note pad on a vehicle dash, followed by a 15-year-old plagiarized pic of some dink 'bou that's not even in focus. Some of your best work! I wish I 'did' as much as you. WOW. +P+ (as you would say). Laffin'

Last edited by 1Nut; 05/06/16.

Nut

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

[Linked Image]

MakeSONY
ModelDSC-W55
Aperturef/13.0
Date & Time2007-01-05 01:13:15.00
Exposure Time1/200
Focal Length18.9 mm
ISO100
Dimensions2621 x 1602
Size0.9KB

That pic was taken by someone on 1/5/2007. What a lying piece of schit you are! ROFLMAO!

Nut

Thomas Jefferson

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I know where the KTP is.

I actually had one of the best pizzas of my life in Kittery ME. I no longer remember the name of the place as that was 15 years ago.

Mike just walk to Bob's Clam Hut from the KTP parking lot....you won't be sorry. smile

For lobstahs I go see my supplier on the Portsmouth waterfront .. whistle

Pizza? You can get a good one there but for the best drive 1 hour south to Boston's North End....haha.

But really plenty of places to eat near Kittery.

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
What we have down here is Red Lobster,Long John Silvers,Delicious del Mar and Okazuri Floating Boat bar if in the mood for sushi. Along with a few others.

You guys have it made in the seafood cuisine.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I know where the KTP is.

Mike just walk to Bob's Clam Hut from the KTP parking lot....you won't be sorry. smile

For lobstahs I go see my supplier on the Portsmouth waterfront .. whistle

Pizza? You can get a good one there but for the best drive 1 hour south to Boston's North End....haha.

But really plenty of places to eat near Kittery.

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind next time I'm up that way.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I read the note. You spell pretty good for an illiterate lil gnome.

Now go get some therapy for your anger, drip dry your crappy rifles and stay off the Maker's Mark,

μολὼν λαβέ

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Now go get some therapy for your anger, drip dry your crappy rifles and stay off the Maker's Mark,

when its spelled pretty good... his dog, the Lab, typed it for him....if it wasn't for Hutch, those posts would be totally illegible...either spell checking it or just typing it for him...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Seafire

when its spelled pretty good... his dog, the Lab, typed it for him....if it wasn't for Hutch, those posts would be totally illegible...either spell checking it or just typing it for him...

Alaskan ebonics?

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Haha,
I sense some anger issues! lol Whats wrong stubby? Wife and kids gone? No one to abuse?

2 A7's one in a McMillan Sako Classic with edge fill I've got right about $1200 into it.

Finnlights can be had for right at $1500. All out of the box tack drivers that feed and shuck flawlessly.

It's only obvious somebody forced you to suck way to much co ck as a child.

GOA,Idaho2AIAlliance,AmericanFirearmsAssociation,IdahoTrappersAssociation,FoundationForWildlifeManagement ID and MT.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Wifi must be spotty in the trailer park today...

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"- Michael Scott
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Shag
Finnlights can be had for right at $1500. All out of the box tack drivers that feed and shuck flawlessly.

Dude . . . don't make shiit up wink

Last edited by WhelenAway; 05/07/16.

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

[Linked Image]

MakeSONY
ModelDSC-W55
Aperturef/13.0
Exposure Time1/200
Focal Length18.9 mm
ISO100
Dimensions2621 x 1602
Size0.9KB

That pic was taken by someone on 1/5/2007. What a lying piece of schit you are! ROFLMAO!

Ah-Oh........

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by JGRaider

[Linked Image]

MakeSONY
ModelDSC-W55
Aperturef/13.0
Exposure Time1/200
Focal Length18.9 mm
ISO100
Dimensions2621 x 1602
Size0.9KB

Ah-Oh........

you mean Stick plagiarized a pic?

TFF!

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I think you guys are on to something... He stole that pic outta my photo bucket that sneaky runt...

Nut please verify the info on it as proof... TIA... grin

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by JGRaider

[Linked Image]

MakeSONY
ModelDSC-W55
Aperturef/13.0
Exposure Time1/200
Focal Length18.9 mm
ISO100
Dimensions2621 x 1602
Size0.9KB

Ah-Oh........

you mean Stick plagiarized a pic?

TFF!

Oh snap!

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
If you guys couldn't tell that picture wasn't taken by a midget, you are gullible as fu ck... If stick would have taken that picture, it would have been in a different perspective. Like worms eye view for example... whistle That there is probably knee deep snow for that little bastid...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
elkchunternm,

BITCHIN' "action" pic. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Laughing!.............

'Nut,

You Amazingly STUPID Fhuqk...I getta kick outta you doing your BEST. The ease in which you schlep STUPIDITY to new places on a daily basis,is rather fhuqking impressive. Congratulations?!?

Just how STUPID of a fhuqk does one gotta be,to be totally devoid a first fhuqking clue about EVERYTHING?!? I much enjoyed your Secret Squirrel Super Sleuthing,as you showcase your Retardation obliviously and in such magnificent fashion.

I'll feign my GREAT "surprise",that you are unable to connect a single fhuqking dot and how reality reliably collides with your Fantasy. What were the "odds" that both frames were gunned with the same body,on the same day...yet you and all The Do NOTHING Dumbfhuqks were/are 100% clueless?!?

I'm fhuqking crying,I'm laughing sooooooooooooo hard!!!!!!!!!!

Here,lemme fuel your Imagination and Pretend some more,if only to grant you more slack on the rope. Pardon a typical afternoon,Trumping your "Life's" efforts.

Laughing!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I'll send you a USPS Money Order for $50,to buy the video of you sneaking up on a glass of water. No need to perpetually corroborate that besides being an Absolutely Clueless Kchunt,you are also a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit...them "tidbits" is hardly a "secret".

Hint.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!

Wow +P++++!!!!!!!!.......................

Kchuntis,

Only someone as STUPID as you,could confuse Hilarity for "anger". You "hard charging" Drooling Dumbfhuqks are a fhuqking riot,being mired in your "means","abilities" and "comprehension...if only for fhuqking starters. Congratulations?!?

Oooopsie! Did you "forget" about your highly vaunted Imaginary Pretend Ignore,again?

Bless your heart.

Shefire,

You need more ellipsis. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Laughing!...............

Dooshmike,

Be SURE to cite any/all words that were too technical,or too big for you. Congratulations?!?

You Whining Kchunts are a fhuqking riot!

Bless your heart.

Shag,

Great time to "explain" why it is,that you Window Licking Clueless Kchunts ALWAYS default to crammin things in your mouths and asses? Congratulations?!?

Hell...I've never even seen a Sako,Tikka or a McMillan you "lucky" kchunt and you undoubtedly are gunnin' some High Zoot glass,mounts and rings,along with Secret Squirrel projectiles. Cite the particulars...I assure you it WILL be funnier than fhuqk. Hint.

Bless your heart.

Lazy',

Here's hopin' you can pilfer better coverage at the Mall,as I enjoy you obliviously quantifying your Do NOTHING Dumbfhuqkery...by simply doing your best. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Whelen,

Ask her to show some Splendid Beastie pics,that the Goat Fhuqks have "enabled" her to slay. It WILL be fhuqking funny. Pardon the pending lonnnnnnnggggggggggg wait,Excuses and the Whine. Laughing!

Hint.

Bless her heart.

'Raider,

You AMAZINGLY Stupid Drooling Dumbfhuqk...here's to the perpetual HILARITY of your best efforts. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

'gwe,

You DUMBfhuqks are on an EPIC roll. What next? Spare NO details. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

EHG,

I found it on The Interwebs and my feelers are hurt,that I'm against the ropes. 'Nut verified it.

Laughing!

Newest 270 is at the house and I'm chompin' at the bit to flail 105's through a 1-7.75" Benchmark MTU contoured short shanked 19.5" bitch. Gotta plagiarize pics for a few more days,then suffer 2wks of vacation to Cast & Blast.

These STUPID Fhuqks couldn't knock the "new" offa used pair of boots. Though they SURE as fhuqk can Imagine and Pretend.

Bless their hearts.

'bsa,

It's your Imagination,be certain to use it as you MUST,you "lucky" kchunt. Congratulations?!?

You CLUELESS Whining Kchunts and your "hard charging" ways are fhuqking HILARIOUS! All of you Stupid Fhuqks bolted together,couldn't muster 13 IQ Points collectively(that means together).

Bless your heart.

Laughing!..........................

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Dang son. You really get fired up when caught doing exactly what you accuse others of. LOL. It's pretty easy to see the proof your pics are really old and you try to pass them off as this week's.

My psychology degree helps me detect a liar, and you are a lying POS beyond doubt.

By the way, did you even make it out of elementary school? LOL!

Nut

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Stick, it's not the words themselves but in fact your sentence composition. Re-hint. wink

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Camera settings do weird [bleep]. Some of my photobucket and imageshack "properties" show the pictures to have been taken 10 years into the future...

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
You continue to disappoint. Figured I'd come home to a ball bustin original. Same old boring sh it.

That BSA dude with his worms eye view? Now that was funny sh it! smile Funny tho knowing in your old age your getting even shorter! Your on disability right? What is 4 foot 10 like government hand out type of status? You poor fu cker....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
'Nut,

If "fired up" means laughing my ass off,at you doing your BEST...then I plead "guilty". Your AMAZING Stupidity never disappoints in it's oblivious magnitude and the Excuses are nearly as impressive as the high pitched nasal Whine. Congratulations?!?

You be SURE to fire up your Imagination and Pretend,to try and "convince" yourself,of the things you most desperately NEED to hear. Without doubt,you are doing "great",due the ease in which you talk out your ass,while setting on your couchbound kchunt.

"Tell" me more about the Outdoors,Rifles and Cameras...ala your version of "knowledge","experience" and "results". Steal pics as you must and lie as you do.

Bless your heart.

Dooshmike,

I getta kick outta how your INCREDIBLE Fhuqking Stupidity,is my "fault". Congratulations?!?

I'm an unparalleled Wordsmith,who paints poignant peectures and graciously grant splendid pixels,to colorfully correlate same with crystalline details. Kudos on being a Dumbfhuqk of requisite magnitude,to reliably grant all to sail over your pointy fhuqking head...you "lucky" kchunt. You "hard chargers" REALLY "get after it".

Bless your heart.

'Inman,

I enjoy Do NOTHING Dumbfhuqks being reliably stumped with EXIF and the "amazing" "revelations" they "think" they've "discovered",due their "abilities".

EPIC oblivious fhuqking humor! 'Course their "results" reiterate same,if only because it could go no other way.

Funny how it works...and I mean fhuqking FUNNY!

Shag,

What the fhuqk does your Imagination and it's copious Pretend "tell" you,that you've "done" different? You are the perpetual Whining Couchbound Kchunt,that never turns a fhuqking lick and is hilariously Clueless of her gross ineptitude and AMAZING Stupidity. Congratulations?!?

Knock 'er outta da' Park,cite what you "do" for a "living" and quantify your Brokedick Turd Polishing ways,as being an unfair "advantage". Laughing!

At least Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute" and you get to read my every word and gawk my every pixel,mainly because you do. You "lucky" kchunt. Tell yourself that you "could too"!

Bless your heart.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I love .244 Remingtons with 1-12" twists flinging 80 grain cup and core bullets in a blued steel/walnut outfit featuring a 3-9x Zeiss sitting in windage adjustable mounts. Take that! laugh

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I love .244 Remingtons with 1-12" twists flinging 80 grain cup and core bullets in a blued steel/walnut outfit featuring a 3-9x Zeiss sitting in windage adjustable mounts. Take that! laugh

Even more skookum than that is a loose twist .223AI shooting 60NBTs on top of anything besides H335 in the petting zoo!!! laugh

B&C Stock, schitty Leupold...the list goes on and on..

I don't know how this crap continues to work! grin

[Linked Image]

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Finnlight is a turn-key solution. No need for bedding, aftermarket stocks, or other voodoo. Choose a caliber, mount a scope and hunt. No endless look for a magic bullet.

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E

Even more skookum than that is a loose twist .223AI shooting 60NBTs on top of anything besides H335 in the petting zoo!!! laugh

[Linked Image]
The Texas sticker gives that rifle panache.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by elkhunternm

[Linked Image]

Agreed!

But not as much panache as the McFlame + sticker! laugh

Complete with official Texas Petting Zoo Axis hide background! laugh

[Linked Image]

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Yup! My heart skipped a beat seeing those pics!

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
My plane jane loose twist 6mm Rem flat out [bleep] up critters.

The goo factor of a 75 grain VMAX hitting a prairie dog at warp speed, regardless of how fast it is spinning, is something to behold.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

[Linked Image]

Agreed!

But not as much panache as the McFlame + sticker! laugh

Complete with official Texas Petting Zoo Axis hide background! laugh

[Linked Image]

I need to do the petting zoo thing one day. Looks like a $hit grin'n good time.

You like them talley rears reversed for a reason or would they not fit with the scope in that position? I like rings as spread out as I can get them. The DD rears often have to be in that position for me to get the scope where I want it, but I can usually get away with talleys situated so the rings are further apart.

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
.243 and a 70 gr Sierra. Range was about 80 yds.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
That's what I have come to expect from Sierra...I'm not a huge fan of them, but if a guy wants destruction they're your huckleberry. That and the SST.

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Same rifle and load,distance might be a little shorter,but not by much. The coyote was facing me and their is no exit.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Picked it up to move it for pics and I could hear sloshing in the chest cavity. wink

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Somewhere I have some gay pride stickers I used to put on the bumper of friend's cars...I may have to trim one of them down so it will fit on a stock, cause it'll be funny as hell.

Until then my EGA'd Marlin 39 will have to do. I have a Bernie sticker somewhere too I could put on a stock. That'd really ruffle some feathers around here!
[Linked Image]

It sure ain't no $1000 rifle

Last edited by T_Inman; 05/08/16.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Somewhere I have some gay pride stickers I used to put on the bumper of friend's cars...

I had a friend of mine do that when I lived in S. Texas.

Of course, it was only because I put a "Clinton/Gore" sticker on his truck first......

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Ken, I have a 35mm picture somewhere from when I was about 16, with a coyote I called one morning before school. I shot it between the eyes with my 22-250 at less than 20 yards. If I remember right, it was some cheap Sierra bullet that I used. I was a poor high school kid after all. I've never seen an animal's head open up like that.

I took it to school and threw it up on this stuck up chick's brand new car that mommy and daddy just bought her. The blood had coagulated by the time I got there, but enough leaked out that it made a MESS, along with what few brains were left.

I got yelled at, but it was worth it. Funny as hell.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
[Linked Image]

That is funny chit T. We use to catch porcupines and let them loose in the parking lot before school.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

You like them talley rears reversed for a reason or would they not fit with the scope in that position? I like rings as spread out as I can get them. The DD rears often have to be in that position for me to get the scope where I want it, but I can usually get away with talleys situated so the rings are further apart.

I gotta turn them around to scoot the scope back as far as possible. JeffO told me it would help with my coke bottle bottom glasses!.

It does! laugh

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Ken, I have a 35mm picture somewhere from when I was about 16, with a coyote I called one morning before school. I shot it between the eyes with my 22-250 at less than 20 yards. If I remember right, it was some cheap Sierra bullet that I used. I was a poor high school kid after all. I've never seen an animal's head open up like that.

I took it to school and threw it up on this stuck up chick's brand new car that mommy and daddy just bought her. The blood had coagulated by the time I got there, but enough leaked out that it made a MESS, along with what few brains were left.

I got yelled at, but it was worth it. Funny as hell.
Bet it was! laugh

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

I gotta turn them around to scoot the scope back as far as possible. JeffO told me it would help with my coke bottle bottom glasses!.

It does! laugh

Hmmm, those rear rings aren't doing you any favours wink

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by fredIII
[Linked Image]

That is funny chit T. We use to catch porcupines and let them loose in the parking lot before school.

ah...memories

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You're a ridiculous angry little gnome and you are too stupid angry and drunk (is the guilt getting to you yet?).
I am surprised you still have any people around you..... HINT!
Everyone is laughing at you and you still think you're being taken seriously? Well maybe by one or two of your butt buddies......

You're such a fool!

μολὼν λαβέ

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Yep, sure seems like the troller has become the trollee......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You like them talley rears reversed for a reason or would they not fit with the scope in that position?

That's the only way the rear will work on a 7 hunnert. Bolt would hit it if reversed. The forward screw hole is at the back of the ring.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Terryk
Finnlight is a turn-key solution. No need for bedding, aftermarket stocks, or other voodoo. Choose a caliber, mount a scope and hunt. No endless look for a magic bullet.

So you really like the Finnlite stock?

And maybe "mount a scope in the 1/2 pound Optilocks and hold you breath that the bastid will eject the empties" is a better description.

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Probably my Best Buy was when Sako closed out the first A7 . Marks in Alabama had Stainless ones for 575 bucks. I bought a .270 put a weaver 3-10-40 grandslam entire gun was maybe 850.00. Added a b &c stock later. Tack driver with 130 grain you want. Deer killing machine. I have many customs that don't shoot much better. I think the current A7 would do the same. Good luck.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Dooshmike,

The 6mm and 6mm AI are an easy pass,as I've BTDT and have all the T-shirts.
But you get to read about it,you "lucky" kchunt. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

'gwe,

Kudos on Retard twist rates and Fence Hoppin' being a highlight in your book. Congratulations?!?

Gawwdamned fhuqking heatwave continues,as it nearly got above 30 today. Nearly. This Global Warming really pissed off the Cattle today.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Also riled the Waterfowl and Ptarmigan,along with a Woof.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Purty disappointing wind direction,in that I couldn't much close the distance.

[Linked Image]

Please continue with your "hard charging" "Outdoor" pics and Goat Fhuqk blueprints...if only because that schit,is fhuqking FUNNY!

Bless your heart.

Teryk,

The Finnlight is a turn-key piece of fhuqking schit and it takes someone as fhuqking STUPID as you,to be devoid an inkling of that glaring obvious. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Laughing!..............

Inman,

The 75'Max driven ala 6mm Rem,is blasse' at best in Goo Flinging. The 58 version of same,being vastly superior and increased RPM via twist rate,do in fact skew the Goo in non-lineal fashion...though I can only comment in the firsthand on 7,8,9,10 and 12" with same. Hint.

In .243" pass the 105's and hold the fluff...with the 6mm and 6mm AI being
an easy pass in all regards. The 243AI is vastly superior in case design and COAL latitude and even the 6-284 boasts COAL advantages. Pardon my shooting 270,6BR,243,243AI,6mm,6mmAI,6-284 and Six Twat-Six. Hint.

Though I do getta kick outta dumbfhuqks swooning schit. Congratulations?!?

Cheer up...I've only got (3) 39's.

Bless your heart.

elkchunternm,

AWESOME rifle/chambering/mounts/glass and boolits. Congratulations?!?

You poor poor(literally) STUPID Fhuqk.

Bless your heart.

Fredrica,

GREAT story. Congratulations?!?

You "lucky" kchunt,you REALLY "get after it". Laughing!

Bless your heart.

Jordan,

The Paper Hat Brigade can ONLY do the best they can,with what incredibly little they have to work with...and rings are "tricky".

Kchuntis,

It's your Imagination,Pretend with it as you MUST and I enjoy when you mutter your Delusions aloud. Congratulations?!?

You are a CLUELESS Lying Sack Of Fhuqking Schit and should it salve your reality,please feel free to tell yourself I'm on the ropes.

Bless your heart.

MT,

The rear LW ain't the fhuqking funny part...though the front assuredly is. I'll feign my "surprise" that such an obvious escapes you and your ilk. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Laughing!...............

'shot,

Are you bitching or bragging. One can never tell,with you Do NOTHING Dumbfhuqks. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Actually Stick I'm bragging up blued steel/walnut, variable scopes , and windage adjustable mounts. And it's hard to top a good Core-Lokt! They don't come in 105 though, hint. They do offer all the x57 cartridges though, and they're the best anyway. Re-hint.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
You boys will have to do without me for awhile. Im gonna spend a couple weeks in my Moms basement surfing the net on the computer to find pics to plagiarize. I want to make it appear that Ive gone hunting in the petting zoo...
Hang tight, you will be astounded by the realism of said pics.

Hope I can find some of rusty guns laying in creeks....

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Have fun and don't forget the stickers on the rusty guns stocks. wink

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Have fun and don't forget the stickers on the rusty guns stocks. wink

Good one!

Thanks for reminding me! grin

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
You boys will have to do without me for awhile. Im gonna spend a couple weeks in my Moms basement surfing the net on the computer to find pics to plagiarize.

BS. Your mom don't even have a basement.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Dooshmike,

I've never seen Blued/Walnut,variables,windage adjustable mounts,Core-Rocks or Times Fifty-Seven Mouser chamberings. Ain't it a right proper Dichotomy,that I'm afforded the luxury of not being forced to guess...and a guess is the BEST you can ever do? Congratulations?!?

You Do NOTHING Dumbfhuqks are a fhuqking riot!

Bless your heart.

'gwe,

Get some good barbed wire pics,some macro lock pics and don't "forget" to get some shots of your Goat Fhuqks in "action",to quantify the "advantages" of Retard twist rates,schit boolits,schit glass and bumbling Dumbfhuqktitude on a "hard charging" "Adventure". Congratulations?!?

Rest assured,that the "results" will be funnier than fhuqk,though oblivious to you and your ilk. I gotta suffer yet another 2wk vacation,starting here tomorrow and am laughing sooooooooooo fhuqking hard in advance at the disparity of a Texas "Adventure",extrapolated to the REAL Outdoors...that I'm fhuqking cryin'. Mebbe I'll gun a few frames and gun a few new rifles,if only for posterity. Laughing!

Hint.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!...............

elkchunternm,

Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery and here's to the "excitement" of your being a heel nipping Clueless Coke Bottle Kchunt,fraught with simply doing your best. Congratulations?!?

You "hard chargers" really "get after it"!

Bless your heart.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You just can't handle the awesomeness of slow twists and light for caliber cup and cores.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hey.... Super gnome AKA speed bump AKA Boxcunt

You're way past the ropes dude! You're just too drunk and angry to know this.

Think about it; everyone is wrong and you and are right. And only 1 or 2 of your butt lickers hold you in high regard.

What a hump you are! laugh

μολὼν λαβέ

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Wow. God's gift to 24HCF is a thief? If you're a midget thief, are you known as a thief or a "half thief"?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Let's put it this way. If Boxchunt goes missing they will not put his face on a container of milk. They put his face on a container of half and half. That is IF anyone wants the hump back.

And no you ain't laughing you're crying inside. Anyone can see that,

μολὼν λαβέ

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Dooshmike.

I've got it all and shoot it all...so it's easy for me to say. You "get" to guess,mainly because it's the BEST you can fhuqking do. Congratulations?!?

I don't shoot more than (7) twist rates in any one single chambering.

Bless your heart.

Kchuntis,

I'm afforded the luxury of not being forced to guess. It is a rather quaint and poignant Dichotomy,that a guess is the "best" you will EVER do. Congratulations?!?

Gettin' a kick outta your Imagination and it's Pretend,as you concoct Delusion after Delusion,to satiate your Do NOTHING Dumbfhuqk Reality.

Fhuqking heat trend continues and some sun filtered through,to cast a leetle color in the AO. Besides reading my every word...you get to gawk every pixel too,you Lucky Kchunt!

[Linked Image]

Be certain to find me "mistaken",as it WILL be funnier than fhuqk. Hint.

Bless your heart,you Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit.

'Raider,

I rather enjoy your Imaginary Pretend Ignore ruse,you AMAZINGLY Clueless Fhuqk. Congratulations?!?

Don't let the cat get your tongue,nor the couch your kchunt. Ooopsie...too late!

Bless your heart.

Laughing!

You "hard chargers" REALLY "get after it".

Wow +P++!............................

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Alright!

Who pissed in Stumpy's Lucky Charms?

its either that or his manKunt is really on the rag this week....

and Stumpy... you need new material...

pretty much every thing you're posting lately is all just cut and paste of the same schitt you've been posting for years...

you must be so grouchy, even Hutch isn't typing and spell checking your posts for ya... and we sure he wasn't the one who pissed in and stole your Lucky Charms...

you need to get your schitt together there Stupor Troop....
or lay off the weed and the rotgut...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
But, but, he isn't "forced to guess"! LOL! cry

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I really am forced to guess. Truth is I never owned a gun and I'm still waiting for the day when I get to go on my first hunt. Stick, will ya take me? Huh, will ya, will ya, will ya? I promise I'll be quiet. Pleeeeeze.

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Shefire,

When you attain your first clue and step Outdoors for the first time,be certain to start a Thread and wax eloquent ala your Vagina Monologue,with the Big "Adventure". Of course nothing has changed,because you've yet to turn a lick and even someone as fhuqking STUPID as you...knows you never will. Congratulations?!?

Sun is beaming,visibility is without limit and it's wheels up this late afternoon. You be certain to set on the bleachers,rattle your pom-poms and try to convince yourself that you "could too". At least Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can afford to "contribute".

Bless your heart.

Dooshmike,

Nobody that shoots even a smidge,says/does the STUPID fhuqking schit you do and rest assured,that your countless Insecurities are amazingly well founded. Congratulations?!?

You Window Licking "hard chargers" REALLY "get after it".

Bless your heart.

Laughing!.............

elkchunternm,

You are hell on Titties! Congratulations?!?

All of you STUPID Fhuqks bolted together,couldn't knock the new offa used pair of boots and it is fascinatinger than fhuqk,to watch you squirming Clueless Fhuqks "get after it".

Laughing!

Start a Thread,if/when you step outside this year.

Bless your heart.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

[Linked Image]

MakeSONY
ModelDSC-W55
Aperturef/5.0
Date & Time2007-01-07 22:44:16.00
Exposure Time1/320
Focal Length16.3 mm
ISO100
Dimensions3072 x 2304
Size1.4KB

Pig Stcuntk is a lying sack of schit.

Here's his issue: He's short and hates that about himself. He once took pictures of him doing stuff he thought only a man-size fella could do. But he always knew deep inside he was really not a 'big man'. Bothered him so bad that he turned to drinking. Drinking got him in trouble. Now he sits on his Stcuntk and posts old pics that someone else took, hoping he looks like a man. Problem is, he's just a has-been and attacks others in a futile effort to somehow prove to himself he is superior. But he just comes off looking like an azz, especially after posting a pic of a pad on an automobile dash. LMFAO!

Nut

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Give it up Boxchunt aka hump

you're sucking hind tit and everyone knows is.

BTW the words you're using in order to confuse me? all pretty much Greek or Greek rooted so I knew them before you did. Not bad for a dropout though.

μολὼν λαβέ

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

[bleep]...I missed this one...how the hell did I miss this one?

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Whatever Stumpy....its all good

But lets say 3 PM, this afternoon....

I'll still be 6 foot tall, and you won't....

but lets be positive... if you were here, you could look me directly in the face, eye to eye, and tell me all of this, while I sit on the couch and you stand in front of me...

But it ain't easy being Schtick folks...you have to make up a lot of stuff in your mind, to overcome reality.... little kids do it, mentally retarded people do it... and evidently short people do it... throw in some dope and a lot of booze, a little meth... and you too can be 10 feet tall, bullet proof and know everything and been everything, just like Stumpy sees himself....

Think of Stumpy as Yosemite Sam's dumber, bumbling younger brother....

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
But, but, he isn't "forced to guess"! LOL! cry

Well of course not... he makes it up as he goes along...

observe how an average 3 year old looks at the world.. and then compare that to Stumpy's posts... the similarity is uncanny..

plus they are close to the same height anyway...
scary ain't it? Stumpy's a 3 year old in a midget's body...

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Little stick, glad the wifi is back up in the trailer park.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"- Michael Scott
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
'Nut,

Your haste to schlep fhuqking STUPIDITY,to places it's never been before...is EPIC fhuqking humor. That ONLY because you are 100% doing your best. Congratulations?!?

I really enjoy your oblivious reiteration of Retardation,as you go Secret Squirrel and "Sleuth" the glaringly obvious,yet still fall wayyyyyyyyyyy shy of a first fhuqking clue.

Here,lemme fue your Imagination some more,so you can flaunt your Pretend and "convince" ourself how "real" your Delusions are to you. Follow closely.

Laughing!

The sun popped and while temps started this morning in the low 20's,it's climbed nicely now,as I await the Winged Crummy. Figured a digital display would grant you yet another window to lick.

Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Tending herd on the critters.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

The Cattle sauntered off in the distance,towards the Western fence line.

[Linked Image]

Gawwdamned fhuqking heat wave,still ain't thawed The Milford. That sorta stings,as I've always wanted to try my hand at Feeshin'.

Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Parting pic of a Deer at the Hot Springs this morning,as I was headed to the house for a bag drag.

[Linked Image]

Now you be certain to apply your Mall Ninja "skills" and continue to obliviously quantify your MAGNIFICENT Do NOTHING Dumbfhuqkery...as you set upon your couchbound kchunt and chant "I could too...I could too".

Bless your heart.

Kchuntis,

It's your Imagination,Pretend with it as you MUST. Congratulations?!?

Funnier than fhuqk,that your copious Insecurities compel you to try and compare yourself to me. I'm fhuqking crying...I'm laughing sooooooooooo fhuqking hard!!!!

Great time to quantify if you are bitching or bragging about the contrived Greektitude and no I won't tell you,which one you SHOULD be doing. Laughing!

How close did you come to getting offa your kchunt today?!? Thought so!

Bless your heart.

'STUART,

Don't go spookin' the hole...I'm on the ropes.

Shefire,

You need more ellipsis...but sure as fhuqk have a helping of Imagination and Pretend. Congratulations?!?

What didja' almost "do" today?

Bless your heart.

Laughing!...............

LazyV,

GREAT to hear that you found enough pop cans,to reinstate your 'net service...you "lucky" kchunt. Be sure to follow my every word and every pixel,so you can "live" vicariously. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Laughing!.....................

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Compare myself to you? Why would I compare myself to a problematic angry depressed drunk hump of a turd ?

I am very happy healthy and my friends and family love me you sorry fraction of a man!

μολὼν λαβέ

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Stick, Would a 6x42 Leupold have enough erector travel for 1,000 yard shooting with my Crossman pellet gun? Should I get turrets too because it shoots pretty flat on ten pumps?

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
20 pumps will provide amazing velocity.

At least that's what she said.

On a serious note...

I personally do not give a fuuck about how tall(or in this case short) another dude is.
(my brother is 4-5" shorter than me and could whoop my ass in a second..)

But chicks?

I would not want to marry a woman taller/bigger than me.

And most heterosexual women are the opposite, they prefer a taller, larger framed spouse.

Last edited by SamOlson; 05/10/16.
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My 460 Bee

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

μολὼν λαβέ

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
That's a lovely rifle!

What scope is on yours?

Put a Leupold 1x-4x on mine.

[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Zeiss Diavari 1.5x6 30mm tube. Shoots like a house afire,

μολὼν λαβέ

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
I'm sure it does. smile

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by SamOlson
20 pumps will provide amazing velocity.

At least that's what she said.

On a serious note...

I personally do not give a fuuck about how tall(or in this case short) another dude is.
(my brother is 4-5" shorter than me and could whoop my ass in a second..)

But chicks?

I would not want to marry a woman taller/bigger than me.

And most heterosexual women are the opposite, they prefer a taller, larger framed spouse.

I'm 5'11" but had a 6'1" GF for a while. A former Olympic high jumper no less...

It wasn't all bad I gotta tell ya'!

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
FN Mauser .270.

[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Kchuntis,

I getta kick outta your copious Insecurites and fhuqking AMAZING Stupidity. Congratulations?!?

That 460 has REALLY been "used" a "bunch". Laughing! Dig the schit mounts and glass too...you poor poor(literally) STUPID Fhuqk.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!...............

Dooshmike,

The 6x42's Swan Song is copious eye-relief,not erector travel. Hint. Here's to your Imagination and it's Pretend...and just how badly you NEED it. Congratulaions?!?

Tough to beat a FWB 300S 27MOA inclination and a 10x Fixed Fhuqker for Precision Pelletitude. Google it.

Laughing!

[Linked Image]

With luck my order of 2500 JSB Exacts from AOA will clear Customs and arrive this pass,as their .021BC is assuredly no slouch. Nod your head like you have a clue.

Bless your heart.

Sammo,

Isn't your "wife's" name Chuck? Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Laughing!...............

elkchunternm,

You suck a mean ass. Congratulations?!?

Just think of all the money you and Kchuntis save on ammo,due your "hard charging" pursuits. You "lucky" kchunts!

Bless your heart.

'17,

The only poozy The Do NOTHING Gang "gets"...is their own.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Big Stick,
Good morning little buddy. I hope you are well. I just wanted to post to say something nice as there appears to be so much hate and discontent in this thread. Man, you sure do have surprisingly nice penmanship. I hope you have a great day. Be well my friend.

Your Big Buddy,

TheBigSky

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Boxchunt still here?

Thought you'd be looking for a therapist by now you HUMP.

LOL

μολὼν λαβέ

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Hey guys birthdays coming up and I'm looking to get my self a rifle for about a grand, definitely not more than 1500. This is not including optics as I have a conquest 3-9 x 40 I will be putting on it....................

I encourage sarcasm, hateful and off topic responses. Just to set the tone there is no a ay I'm gonna put a 20 ounce plus scope "stuck" in 6x on my rifle. Nor will I buy a poorly put together rifle requirig hours and hundreds of dollars in work because it's named after a state with mountains.

What the hey, can anybody play. LOL

I've not run out of pix.....

or rifles...........

[Linked Image]

A Remington 700 Sendero in any number of calibers. This is my 338 RUM, one of the few I bought new when they first came out. I had it accurized at Hill Country Rifle and a Vais brake installed. It's what I use when I plan to shoot 300 yds and over. I've a 4.5-14 Leuplold with the Boone and Crockett Reticle. Zero'd at 200, the first subtension is dead on at 300 and the second down works at 400. My longest distance shot wiht this rig is a lasered 590 yds. Works well. A used Sendero would definitely be within your budget.

[Linked Image]

Here's a sweet shooter. Steyr Pro hunter, 7Mag. Twenty-six inch barrel, Meopta Artemis 4-12 FFP scope. All in (w/ scope) for $1,050. IMHO, these butt ugly synthetic Steyrs are one of the best value going. I now have 5 Steyrs that I have purchased between $565 and $750.

[Linked Image]

Can't go wrong with an older Sako. This 7mag L61R Varmint shoots lights out to 400 yds, which is as far as I've killed with it.

[Linked Image]

A Remington 700 Custom KS that started out life as a 375 H&H and was re-barreled and accurized at Hill Country Rifle in 300 H&H. The rattle-can paint job by GWB. Shooting 180 gr. Accubonds, its a killer. Picked it up, with 5 boxes of premium ammo for +/- 10 Benjamins.

One more, just fer schitz n' giggles....

[Linked Image]

Picked up this Nosler Patriot chambered in the 7mm-08 pre-enjoyed from JG Raider here in the Classifieds. Sweet triger and a sub-inch shooter, can't imagine why he got rid of it, but I'm glad he did.

Last time at the "Petting Zoo", took 3 micro-hoglets and a decent meat-sow

[Linked Image]

plus this boar coon @ 120 yds. at night using a Wicked lights Kill light. Five critters with 4 shots. Not bad for its maiden blood-letting.

IMHO, there are all kinds of rifles out there that can be bought pre-enjoyed at a better value than having a custom "smithed".

JAPPFT,

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 05/11/16.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Gdub,

Still perforating porkers, I see. I love popping coons. Last couple I've pronounced dead, was done via 500S&W. Those low BC 350 grain holler points nearly didn't penetrate. LAFFIN'!

Nut

Thomas Jefferson

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Think you boys chased stumpy to another thread...

musta put his tit in a ringer... or maybe I should say hurt his little feelings...

you boys should be nicer to a perpetual 3 year old!

it ain't easy being Schtick...

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E

[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
TheBitchingSniveler,

Hilarity and hate,you Stupid Fhuqk...though you Do NOTHING Dumbfhuqks can only do the best that you can,with what incredibly fhuqking little you have to work with. Congratulations?!?

If/when you happen to step Outdoors this year,be sure to start a Thread about the BIG "Adventure". Laughing!

Bless your heart.

Laughing!..............

Kchuntis,

Is your Imaginary Pretend Ignore still broken? Congratulations?!?

The Heavy 270 is a PEACH. Dumped the slinky and put in the good schit. Google it.

[Linked Image]

Replicated Baby 270 charge weights with a 105 Hornie HPBT squared smooch and it's 19.5" 1-7.75" Benchmark shooting in the .2's...though (1) fps faster than my 18.5" 1-8" Brux version of same. Google it.

[Linked Image]

The MTU with shank length reduction,finished right at 1" at the muzzle and sets a Harris swivel 'pod nicely. Google it.

[Linked Image]

Due the exceptionally low rear bridge on this receiver,it ate a .025" shim to load the base properly and with 40MOA dumped in the 'Horn rings,it coughed up a remaining 32.5 Mils on the erector of it's 12X MQ. Google it.

By the time I got all assembled,trigger tweaked,ammo loaded,zero established and confirmation come-ups noted...I was runnin' outta day quickly,which hurt my glassin'. Only saw one Pickle,but yet shy of outright HOG magnitude. Google it.

[Linked Image]

Be sure to convey the "particulars'"of yet another day setting upon your couchbound kchunt. Plagiarize as you do,lie as you must and Google some "tidbits".

Bless your heart.

Gdub,

Your oblivious Dumbfhuqkery NEVER disappoints in it's hilarity. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

'Nut,

You suck a mean ass. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Shefire,

It's your Imagination,Pretend with it as you must. Congratulations?!?

You need more ellipsis...just sayin'.

Bless your heart.

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
TheBitchingSniveler,

Hilarity and hate,you Stupid Fhuqk...though you Do NOTHING Dumbfhuqks can only do the best that you can,with what incredibly fhuqking little you have to work with. Congratulations?!?

If/when you happen to step Outdoors this year,be sure to start a Thread about the BIG "Adventure". Laughing!

Good morning little buddy. You must have misread my post based on the fact your response has nothing to do with it. I know somehow it must be my fault and for that I apologize. However, to clarify, I said that you have surprisingly nice penmanship. Have a great day my friend.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Big Stcuntk,

Where did you go to High School? Did you graduate? Laffin'!

Nut

Thomas Jefferson

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

You need more ellipsis...just sayin'.

So Stumpy....

is this your attempt to try and impress anyone, that you know how to use a dictionary and went and looked up a word seldom used in daily conversation, and are now posting it to make it look like you are Smart or Something?

I think that is just precious....

I may think you're delusional there Stumpy... but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy trying to decipher your AK Trailpark Backwoods Gibberish...

You've got the wife and that Lab of yours putting up with you, and not kicking you out... I maintain both should achieve Sainthood for that fact alone...but for some reason they keep ya around...

Doubt if it is pity... like many of the rest of us, you provide the humor of watching a moron running around and defending his honor on the internet, and coming up with stuff all the time to try and disprove you were a high schooler who got kicked out of Marshfield High...

Personally I like ya Stumpy... you strike out daily, but it never stops ya from being out there battin... you're tenacious if nothing else...moreso than the ever ready bunny.. whose about your height anyway...

Good Talk there Stumpy... Have a great day doing whatever it is you do, while giving the impression you're employed at the same time you have all this time on your hands...TFF...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nope he was too busy getting drunk the lil hump!

μολὼν λαβέ

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Nope he was too busy getting drunk the lil hump!

Some people who are in crisis seek professional help and some self-medicate as a means by which to cope.

Just sayin'..........

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G

Gdub,

Your oblivious Dumbfhuqkery NEVER disappoints in it's hilarity. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Laughing!...............

B,

I hear a wink is a good as a nod to a blind horse, so thanks for the sentiment.

Anywho, back to the salt mines........

To the OP,

Any of these three would definitely reach out there and touch em'

[Linked Image]

Sako M995 in 338 Lapua (top) and the 338-06 AI (bottom) Both pruchased well under 10 Benjamins.

[Linked Image]

6.5 Leopard, Bansner Stock, CRF accurized Winchester action, Broughton Barrel. MOA to 300 yds. No problem, 8 Benjamins.

[Linked Image]

A Model 70 Supergrade in 300 WSM

[Linked Image]

or even a 270 Win.........

I'd say with 10 to 15 Benjamins, the world is your oyster.

JAPPFT,

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by geedubya

Gdub,

Bless your heart.

Laughing!...............

B,

I hear a wink is a good as a nod to a blind horse, so thanks for the sentiment.

Anywho, back to the salt mines........

To the OP,

Any of these three would definitely reach out there and touch em'

[Linked Image]

Sako M995 in 338 Lapua (top) and the 338-06 AI (bottom) Both pruchased well under 10 Benjamins.

[Linked Image]

6.5 Leopard, Bansner Stock, CRF accurized Winchester action, Broughton Barrel. MOA to 300 yds. No problem, 8 Benjamins.

[Linked Image]

A Model 70 Supergrade in 300 WSM

[Linked Image]

or even a 270 Win.........

I'd say with 10 to 15 Benjamins, the world is your oyster.

JAPPFT,

GWB

GWB,

You have an impressive collection of right fine rifles. I've admired yours and Shrapnel's collections for some time. The pics off this thread alone make grown men drool. Love it and you've obviously killed a lot of animals with them. Lastly, class act on your response to BS. You understand the deal and don't let it get to you. I think it's hilarious some of the stuff that's actually written, but take it with a grain of salt.

Regards,
Nick- Georgia
R
rcarr Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Appreciate everyone's comments and boy this has been a fun discussion. I knew there would be no right answer but appreciate everyone's passion. I've been to KtP and Riley's and am even more unsure what to do. If I was practical I would buy a stainless t3 or even more practical a compact rar.
But this isn't about being practical. I want to order a mcmillan stock in the worse way just because. I see some good deals on stainless vanguard s2s and part of me wants to order one and put it in a mcswirly sako hunter. I see brownells has 20 inch cerakoted #1 barreled actions on backorder but don't see anyone with them in Stock. That in a mcmillan edge would also be awesome.
I love the idea of just keeping the venture and going hunting but though I'm seeing a lot of good rifle deals, hunts are just so expensive. I don't want to derail my own derailed thread so I think I will post a second thread about the best 1000-1500 dollar hunt. Yes, I can not pass a hornet's nest without kicking it nor do I ever pass a dead horse without beating it.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Yes, I can not pass a hornet's nest without kicking it nor do I ever pass a dead horse without beating it.

You're going to fit in well here!

Welcome to the Fire!

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
rcarr,

Are you in New England? You indicated that you'd visited Riley's and KTP, so I'm assuming NH or ME. If so, don't buy a new rifle, buy a hunt where there are decent numbers of worthy deer. When I have friends from NH come to visit, I don't even let them bring ammo the first day that they are hunting, otherwise they shoot the first buck in the 120 range that they see. After a day or two, they are able to hold themselves back and not shoot little Nebraska deer.

My high school buddies from Hanover and vicinity love to come shoot deer in Nebraska, even more so when I buy a bunch of seasons choice tags and give them the meat to take home. Three guys taking turns at the wheel can drive straight through from Omaha to Concord with stops to fill the fuel tank, empty the bladder, and get a bite to eat.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

R
rcarr Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
R
260remguy, yes I am in southern NH. Huniting around here is tough but I think that is why I got so hooked. Just booking a higher density area to hunt would make sense. Some of the South eastern states seem to have good reasonably priced hunts and we have relatives in GA. Maryland I have been looking into also. The Midwest obviously has some good options. I would be that guy shooting the first legal deer I saw.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
That passes the more you leave this State to hunt an actual herd.......!

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Appreciate everyone's comments and boy this has been a fun discussion. I knew there would be no right answer but appreciate everyone's passion. I've been to KtP and Riley's and am even more unsure what to do. If I was practical I would buy a stainless t3 or even more practical a compact rar.
But this isn't about being practical. I want to order a mcmillan stock in the worse way just because. I see some good deals on stainless vanguard s2s and part of me wants to order one and put it in a mcswirly sako hunter. I see brownells has 20 inch cerakoted #1 barreled actions on backorder but don't see anyone with them in Stock. That in a mcmillan edge would also be awesome.
I love the idea of just keeping the venture and going hunting but though I'm seeing a lot of good rifle deals, hunts are just so expensive. I don't want to derail my own derailed thread so I think I will post a second thread about the best 1000-1500 dollar hunt. Yes, I can not pass a hornet's nest without kicking it nor do I ever pass a dead horse without beating it.

In the big picture, rifles are cheap. Even the big "hobbyist" picture! I have guitars worth ~3x what you are talking about spending...

Anyway $1000-$1500 buys a LOT of rifle... probably. smile I get the impression that you are worried about spending a lot and not getting accuracy, which I understand... To that end, [bleep], just start buying interesting rifles, sell the ones that aren't accurate, and customize the ones that are to your taste.

Point being, it's an ongoing process, not so much a one-shot deal.

Example... I've owned a few "pencil barrel" mountain rifles. One was accurate enough to warrant further investment. The other two got rebarreled. The one I've put money into got a new stock, bottom metal, trigger, bolt shroud and innards... It deserved the investment. So I dunno, I personally wouldn't go Tikka or Weatherby or whatever but if that's your taste, fine, buy one, shoot it, if it's a shooter then start the ball rolling on improving it. If not, flip it. Repeat as necessary.

ETA: Returning to the guitar analogy... I know more about guitars than 99.9% of the world does...but if a guy said to me, "I want to spend $2k to get my dream guitar; what should I get?", the truth is that's a flawed premise that has no correct answer. It unknowable what that person's dream guitar is. But if that person said, I want to engage in a process that ends in me spending $2k on my dream guitar, then I could give him very specific and good advice and I would be pretty certain he'd come out the other side with a guitar that made him very happy.

So-- I'd rephrase your question to: what's the best process to engage in towards owning a great $1000-$1500 rifle?

Or just spend it on hunts <g>....

Last edited by Jeff_O; 05/14/16.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by NH K9
That passes the more you leave this State to hunt an actual herd.......!

George

Agreed, I regularly see more whitetails in a single day here in Nebraska than I did in entire seasons, sometimes multiple seasons, of hunting in New Hampshire. I was lucky that when I was a kid, I had a great place to hunt deer in NH and VT, sometimes shooting across the Connecticut River from one state to the other. The difference for me is that in NE I shoot deer and punch tags, while in NH I hunted deer and only filled about 1/2 the tags that I purchased over the years.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
Just buy $1500 worth of cheap whiskey, go crazy with rattle can paint and rust on your current guns, act like an a-hole to everyone, abandon your family and friends, transform your liver to cinder block, and take the screen name Big Stick 2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
shooters outpost in Hooksett has 2 montanas and 2 adirondacks on the shelf

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

694 members (160user, 1234, 10ring1, 16penny, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 61 invisible), 2,542 guests, and 1,173 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,140
Posts18,464,891
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.