Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B

BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I think this may be part of what is sweeping the country as well.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Definition: Republicanism is the ideology embraced by members of a republic -- a form of government in which leaders are elected for a specific period by the preponderance of the citizenry, and laws are passed by leaders for the benefit of the entire republic, rather than a select aristocracy. In an ideal republic, leaders are selected from among the working citizenry, serve the republic for a defined period, then return to their work, never to serve again.

Republicanism stresses several key concepts; notably, the importance of civic virtue, the benefits of universal political participation, the dangers of corruption, the need for separate powers and a healthy reverence for the rule of law.

From these concepts, one paramount value stands apart -- political liberty. For Republicans, political liberty entails not only freedom from government interference in private affairs, it also places great emphasis on self-discipline and self-reliance.

Political liberty keeps government out of individuals' lives (unless to do this threatens the republic as a whole), it also prevents the government from becoming a guardian to its individuals. The role of government in a republic is to safeguard the collective republic.

Link.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
More than anything, I think it's the desire for Nationalism that's driving Trump's support.

Globalism is wrecking the world,..and both the GOP and the Democrats are on board with the globalist agenda.

That's got to end if there's going to be an America in the world that's anything like it was meant to be.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Definition: Republicanism is the ideology embraced by members of a republic -- a form of government in which leaders are elected for a specific period by the preponderance of the citizenry, and laws are passed by leaders for the benefit of the entire republic, rather than a select aristocracy. In an ideal republic, leaders are selected from among the working citizenry, serve the republic for a defined period, then return to their work, never to serve again.

Republicanism stresses several key concepts; notably, the importance of civic virtue, the benefits of universal political participation, the dangers of corruption, the need for separate powers and a healthy reverence for the rule of law.

From these concepts, one paramount value stands apart -- political liberty. For Republicans, political liberty entails not only freedom from government interference in private affairs, it also places great emphasis on self-discipline and self-reliance.

Political liberty keeps government out of individuals' lives (unless to do this threatens the republic as a whole), it also prevents the government from becoming a guardian to its individuals. The role of government in a republic is to safeguard the collective republic.

Link.
Excellent! Spot on.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Bristoe
More than anything, I think it's the desire for Nationalism that's driving Trump's support.

Yep. That and middle-aged white guy disenfranchisement.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
"[F]or decades, beginning with the John Birch Society, conservatives have been reading people out of the conservative movement.

And now, they have read so many people out of conservatism that the movement is no longer, in any practical sense of the term, a popular movement ... I'm an alt right figurehead, but I'm no conservative. Jerry is an old school Cold Warrior, but he's no conservative. From Ann Coulter to John Derbyshire to Mark Steyn to Paul Craig Roberts, the best intellects of the right are all ex-conservatives.

And now the Republican base, has realized that they, too, have been effectively read out. Just as the Democratic Party left Ronald Reagan, conservatism has left the Republican grass roots behind."

Spot on.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I agree with you, globalism is killing us, but I also think Republicanism and Nationalism have a lot of similarities and coexist very well.

whatever possessed the GOP to go along with globalism is beyond me. The saying that the two parties are different sides of the same coin is not to much of a reach.

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

whatever possessed the GOP to go along with globalism is beyond me.
The neocons. The real right was gradually kicked, faction by faction, out of the conservative movement, till there was little left but neoconservatives, and they've run the show in the Republican Party establishment since the late 1980s, taking complete control after 9/11/2001.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
About all you do anymore when voting republican is to vote against communism. Both parties have been lost to the enemy.

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
I agree with you, globalism is killing us, but I also think Republicanism and Nationalism have a lot of similarities and coexist very well.

No doubt about it. In fact, it wasn't that long ago that Nationalism was a given regardless of which party was at the helm.

Nationalism isn't new. Globalism is.

Now, if you want to make sure to set yourself apart from the globalist movement you have to really hammer home a Nationalist message.

IC B3

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by smokepole

It's not just middle aged guys supporting Trump.

The reason his rallies take on the atmosphere of a rock concert is because of all the younger people in the crowd.

There'a a fairly serious backlash occurring against liberalism in the 25-40 age group.

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
...whatever possessed the GOP to go along with globalism is beyond me...

The relentless advance of Communism in US politics has been intertwined with pressure for globalism.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
Maybe, at some point, some of these milennial SJW's will realize that, while they are not AMERICA'S 1%ers, they ARE the world's 1%er's, and will be expected to "share" if they get their wish for globalism??? I doubt it, though.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

Globalism is wrecking the world,..and both the GOP and the Democrats are on board with the globalist agenda.

That's got to end if there's going to be an America in the world that's anything like it was meant to be.
Good point.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

The reason his rallies take on the atmosphere of a rock concert is because of all the younger people in the crowd.

There'a a fairly serious backlash occurring against liberalism in the 25-40 age group.

My 25 YO hard working redneck son agrees.

FJB & FJT
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

So you've been to a few rallies?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

No doubt about it. In fact, it wasn't that long ago that Nationalism was a given regardless of which party was at the helm.

Nationalism isn't new. Globalism is.

Now, if you want to make sure to set yourself apart from the globalist movement you have to really hammer home a Nationalist message.

Like it or not, Bristoe, what you've said is like standing in front of a walking elephant and Trump can't change that. It's gonna happen in the fullest and most of Globalization already has happened.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Sorry if I missed it, but isn't Mr. Trump in fact a globalist? Does he not buy political influence with large donations to political candidates as well (most of them democrats)? Until we, as a people, seek and turn back to GOD, we are headed down the slope of bondage and despair without brakes. To even entertain the idea that Donald Trump as president is in any way going to slow down this crazy train, is like fighting over the bar tab on the titanic. laugh

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Tim_in_Nv
Sorry if I missed it, but isn't Mr. Trump in fact a globalist?

Trump is a businessman who is running for President on a Nationalist/Populist platform.

Globalists are politicians who want to flood America with illegal aliens and Muslim refugees.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Tim_in_Nv
Sorry if I missed it, but isn't Mr. Trump in fact a globalist?

Trump is a businessman who is running for President on a Nationalist/Populist platform.

Globalists are politicians who want to flood America with illegal aliens and Muslim refugees.

I think you're right on with that summary.

I'm a conservative, Trump isn't a conservative. I liked Dr. Ben and Cruz, both conservatives. But, I'm a realist.

Trump brings some things to the table that are needed, namely a revolt against the status quo. That movement transcends party lines as seen with the Bernie phenomenon. Hopefully, Trump can mobilize some those folks and pull off a win. Not sure if that will happen, but it's possible.

Pundits and pollsters are often wrong, using data and formulas from past election cycles that are no long relevant. Few understand or will admit to what's going on, as it erodes their power bases and positions.

The media have a dog in this hunt, don't believe they don't.

Interesting times.

DF

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
699 members (160user, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1Akshooter, 10Glocks, 76 invisible), 3,089 guests, and 1,433 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,679
Posts18,399,604
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.