Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Saw this post on Facebook today:
Highly recommend the scratch box call hand made by Steve Sorensen. We have had great success with this call, had two gobblers going crazy the first day while using this call. Best $30 we've spent in a long time on a hunting product, worth way more than what he's selling it for.

Unsolicited positive comments like that help me know I've got something really good here. Right now, I have seven finished and ready to go. More by the end of the week.

Steve.
Maker of The Nothern Scratchbox Turkey Call

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Got mine today, Thanks Steve.

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
This one deserves a bump. I'm hoping to kill a bird with mine this year. I believe Steve is still making them.

Brian

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
FWIW, I've been told forever that I run them 'backwards'. LOL

I've always held the box stationary and moved the striker. Always seemed to give me more control of volume and tone. Point is: run it however you can. There is no wrong way to make a right turkey sound. wink

I'll try to get one of these when I get back and ring it out some.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Do you have any pics showing the difference in color between the two wood bodies?

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image] Bumping from last year, for those who missed it and for those who are new. I've gotten behind schedule because my father broke his hip three weeks ago and my mother passed away two weeks ago. Lot of the responsibility has fallen on me for both, so I've been busy.

I have several of my Northern Scratchbox turkey calls ready to go. I'll try to post pictures of both the Maple and the Cherry soon. (For now, the one pictured at right is cherry.) Here's the page on my new website——much better than what you saw last year: http://www.everydayhunter.com/turkey-call

Thanks for looking.

Steve.

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Bump

Ordered a couple to try. Maybe I'll finally get one in gun range!

Talent is what you're born with, skills are what you earn. - Rod Smith

Time flies, but remember, you are the pilot!
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by smallcal
Bump

Ordered a couple to try. Maybe I'll finally get one in gun range!

Thanks, Ken.

To others, if you're interested I still have several ready to go.

Steve.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Four shipped today, and just got another order in. Thanks to all who trust their turkey hunting to my scratchbox call.

Steve.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Thanks, looking forward to it!

Keep Smiling
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
You're welcome, Jon.
Three more orders just now filled and will go in the mail today.

Steve.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
tag

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
C
C
Just put in my order, can't wait to try it out on these stubborn Alabama long beards!

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thanks, Cousneddy. Your call went in the mail today (along with four others). Then another order came in by mail. Sweet.

Steve.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Three going out today. Thanks, folks.

Steve.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Just ordered one. "Gobbler's buy it so should you!"
Can't argue with that!

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Steveco
Just ordered one. "Gobbler's buy it so should you!"
Can't argue with that!

Just got back from the post office. Yours will go out tomorrow.

Thanks.
Steve.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Two going out today.

Steve.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

PICTURES ADDED:

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

[Linked Image] On the left, an example of the Cherry body, on the right is an example of the Maple body. The body of the call is your choice—either Cherry or Maple. Both Cherry and Maple sound the same because the sound comes from the Cedar soundboard. At the right of this paragraph is an example of the Cedar Soundboard on all calls. Of course, wood grain will vary so these are only examples.

Hope this helps. Thanks for looking.

Steve

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
I got a cherry-cedar call today. Arrived in good shape, thank you Steve. It has a nice big striker, so it was easy to make different tones by moving location around. Sounds good!

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

605 members (160user, 222Sako, 10gaugeman, 1moredeer, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 70 invisible), 2,521 guests, and 1,153 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,115
Posts18,464,490
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.