Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I liked the part about needing to change the Park Service uniforms because they look like Border Patrol and certain segments of the Hispanic population might be frightened by that.

Wonder which segments those would be?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
BP uniforms need to be hi-vis orange. That way they want have to run unless they are completely sure. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by rrroae
Originally Posted by Steelhead
http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...iforms-threatening-latinos-have-cultural

“It’s such a shame that something as simple as the uniform and it’s similarity to the border patrols uniform – in the coloring - could be very threatening to certain segments of the Latino population. So a discussion about that is going to be really tough.” Arce later added.

Arce has joined a coalition of civil rights groups and lawmakers asking President Obama to issue an executive order emphasizing the need for the Department of Interior and the U.S. Department of Agriculture to adopt guiding priorities for a more inclusive approach to National Parks.

Among the coalition’s policy suggestions are:

“Assess the cultural implications of existing agency uniforms, offices, signage, and other facilities. For example, the Park Service law-enforcement vehicles look like those used by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, and uniforms have law enforcement connotations, both of which present a significant impediment to engaging all Americans.”

That gets a double eye roll.

I like the idea of more land being permanently protected for recreation and hunting but the government and the Left can take something as simple as that and turn it into a never ending irritation.

So you are on board with taking more land.

Who's land are you supporting them taking?

Yours? Mine?

It belongs to somebody.

Once they take it, who are you going to put in charge of it?

You really are a fuggin' idiot sometimes.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rrroae
I like the idea of more land being permanently protected for recreation and hunting but the government and the Left can take something as simple as that and turn it into a never ending irritation.

You really are a fuggin' idiot sometimes.

Your words. Not mine.

Who's land should the federal govt. take?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Personally, I think they already have enough, and we don't need any more designated as parks.

IC B2

S
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
S
They are gonna have to do something to ensure our National Mammal has a bunch of land to roam without worrying about hunters.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
S
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
S
http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_29382051/colorado-turns-cold-shoulder-endangered-wolves

"The Colorado Parks and Wildlife commissioners said they wanted to support Gov. John Hickenlooper, who on Nov. 13 joined governors of Utah, Arizona and New Mexico in a letter telling Interior Secretary Sally Jewell they oppose Mexican wolf recovery efforts on land where Mexican wolves historically did not exist. That likely includes parts of southwestern Colorado that federal biologists are considering as habitat.

"This does not represent Coloradans. It does not serve Colorado," WildEarth Guardians biologist Taylor Jones said. "And it is un-necessarily antagonistic to wolf recovery."

Federal officials declined to comment. They're not required to seek state blessings as they develop a Mexican wolf recovery plan by the end of 2017 to prevent extinction."

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Steelhead; 05/03/16.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
They're pissing in the wind. Which is hard to do for a woman I hear.

S
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by smokepole
They're pissing in the wind. Which is hard to do for a woman I hear.

Today maybe, but what about tomorrow? After all, a chick in NY has just as much say so over what happens to that Colorado land as you do

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
A chick in New York? Is she good looking?

IC B3

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (10ring1, 160user, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 12344mag, 60 invisible), 2,700 guests, and 1,175 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,216
Posts18,466,324
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.