Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Interesting blog piece, about the push by the Mizzou faculty to change the climate of race relations there.
Same school where that whack job lady professor who called for 'some muscle over here' worked.
The inference is that if the nutters on the Mizzou faculty keep stirring up chit, the GOP controlled legislator might defund some of the trouble makers.
Other side of this is the push by liberals at Missouri, to brand and label every white person as being racist. Ludicrous, but that's what is happening all across academia.
link to story HERE

look at the video of faculty members telling white folks what's wrong with them.

Sam......

GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
The results of these actions are showing up at MU with enrollment. Fall of 2015 was off target for freshmen enrollment by a few thousand. Hitting them in the bank account will turn things around as quickly as anything else could.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If they continue down this road , here's what happens:

- Applications and enrollment decline

- To combat that, Mizzou lowers acedemic standards

- In order to combat their image as a "racist" school, they use this application and enrollment shortfall as an opportunity to recruit more "minority" students

_ "Non - Minority" applicants see this, and apply elsewhere. They go to U. of Arkansas, Iowa or OU, or Nebraska if they want the Big School experience.

- Enrollment collapses to 1/2 of what is is now, there will be widespread faculty layoffs, and everybody will sit around and wonder "what happened??"

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
The [state]college 'experience' is dieing a slow death

FJB & FJT
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
They are biting the hand that feeds them. Never a good idea. Somebody has to pay for it. The people that HAVE been paying for it are saying "I don't wanna".

Last edited by benchman; 05/02/16.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I think they already had a 25% drop in new admissions to the freshman class this year.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by hatari

- In order to combat their image as a "racist" school, they use this application and enrollment shortfall as an opportunity to recruit more "minority" students

They aren't seen as a racist school here in MO, they are seen as Liberal wacko's. Nobody is sending their kids to be indoctrinated by lib wacko's where there are plenty of other choices in state.

There has been a lot of talk about it in this state. Everything from people refusing to go the sporting events to people not considering letting their kids attend school there. MU administration is learning, or they will be learning shortly what pile they've stepped in.

I'm not sure what will happen at other universities in more liberal states, but Missourians don't like what they have seen coming out of MU.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Why they were ever allowed into the SEC, I'll never know.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Bulldoze it and plant cotton where it used to be. Cotton grows good in Missouri.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Offer a PHD in Cotton technology. You want an education? There it is.

IC B3

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Originally Posted by Calhoun
I think they already had a 25% drop in new admissions to the freshman class this year.

You are correct. In fact, they have "shuttered" 2 dorms due to the drop. No way in hell would I send a child there. Rock Chalk.

Last edited by USMC2602; 05/03/16.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Thank God my girls went to University of Nebraska. Mizzou can go under as far as I am concerned. We have had some good football games though.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Agreed.
Wife and I both got degrees from MU and we were both very surprised to see the racist label applied so broadly there last year.
We both recalled a mixed bag of races, ethnicity,and nationalities...and folks got along very well.

I guess we are what some like characterizing as being "blind to our own racism" folks....which I totally resent and deny.

Disagreeing with Obama's policies does not mean we are racist!

'nough said.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Bulldoze it and plant cotton where it used to be. Cotton grows good in Missouri.
Cotton in most of Missouri is a relatively recent development. In the slave days, it was only grown in large quantities in the bootheel. Up around Columbia and along the big river it was known as "Little Dixie" due to the number of slaves, but agriculture resembled the rest of the border states more than the deep south where cotton was king. Corn, wheat and hemp were the cash crops in most of Missouri. Cotton was planted in fair quantities in the 1990's but isn't worth as much as other crops. Some planted it for the government subsidies. Kansas was the same way.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Interesting blog piece, about the push by the Mizzou faculty to change the climate of race relations there.
Same school where that whack job lady professor who called for 'some muscle over here' worked.
The inference is that if the nutters on the Mizzou faculty keep stirring up chit, the GOP controlled legislator might defund some of the trouble makers.
Other side of this is the push by liberals at Missouri, to brand and label every white person as being racist. Ludicrous, but that's what is happening all across academia.
link to story HERE

look at the video of faculty members telling white folks what's wrong with them.
Almost all state-run colleges are full of liberal professors and administrators. Oklahoma is not far behind Mizzou in this.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by USMC2602
Originally Posted by Calhoun

You are corect. In fact, they have "shuttered" 2 dorms due to the drop. No way in hell would I send a child there. Rock Chalk.
My daughter is a Gifted, straight A student and talented athlete. The Jayhawkers will never see a dime of our money.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Cotton in most of Missouri is a relatively recent development. In the slave days, it was only grown in large quantities in the bootheel. Up around Columbia and along the big river it was known as "Little Dixie" due to the number of slaves, but agriculture resembled the rest of the border states more than the deep south where cotton was king. Corn, wheat and hemp were the cash crops in most of Missouri. Cotton was planted in fair quantities in the 1990's but isn't worth as much as other crops. Some planted it for the government subsidies. Kansas was the same way.

It's not all *that* recent. My father's family grew up in the bootheel and the whole bunch of them survived the depression by pickin' cotton.

When I was a kid they still had vast fields of cotton growing in the delta land along the Mississippi River.

We'd occasionally drive over there on Sunday afternoons in the summer and as soon as you crossed the river it was cotton fields as far as the eye could see.

The last time I was over there those same fields were planted in soybeans.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

I have never seen a Missouri cotton field outside of the Boot Heel.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
If a lib, feel good university administration allows this kinda stuff to flourish, things will get out of hand. I hate to see any school go down the tube, but maybe the Mizzou experience will become a model in how not to run a large school.

You can never satisfy these leftists. Give them an inch, they'll want a mile.

Not unlike militant Islamists. They never have enough 'till they have it all.

People vote with their feet and their dollars. The political revolution now underway is a push back to Obummer and his leftist stuff, P.C. gone amuck, used by the left as a tool to intimidate the majority into submission to the minority.

Dumb and dumber... crazy

Elections have consequences.

DF

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
In the old days there was plenty of cotton up there. It was the cash crop. You'd grow cotton and corn on your small farm.

But that is neither here or there. Mizzou has always had pretensions of being better than they are as a university. Their journalism school is quite good, one of the best. What kind of people are drawn to that nowadays? That should tell you something.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

105 members (338reddog, 2500HD, 3333vl, 808outdoors, 4th_point, 12 invisible), 1,238 guests, and 772 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,718
Posts18,457,123
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.