Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
So Bristoe, you can't be a globalist unless you've held public office? The dogcatcher in searchlight, nevada can be a globalist, but valerie jarret, michelle obama, and george soros can't be? What about all the wall street bad guys, all the Jews controlling everything, the FED, etc.? The carnival is indeed fun, no? laugh

BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Tim_in_Nv
If Mr. Trump is the nominee, we are guaranteed a New York Liberal in the White House. Either Hillary, or Donald. Same coin, different sides. Let me know how that works out for ya. (By the way, Bush 43 was not a Conservative). If Mr. Trump's plans run counter to the rinos and dems in Congress, how, again, is he going to get them accomplished? Are you a Conservative? I ask, because I am very surprised at the number of people here at the fire, that are not.

I guess we're screwed either way then.

The only president worth a [bleep] in my lifetime was a former California leftist.

I'm more of a constitutionalist than what is called a conservative, I believe in the founding principals. A lot of what passes for conservatism is a joke, to include Bush father and son.

As I said, ban all presidential candidates from Texas...I doubt any group has been more damaging to the country in the last century...aside from Obama himself.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." TJ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". EB

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Either way, yes, we get a New York City liberal. It's by design. laugh. I would agree as to being a Constitutionalist. Bush senior and junior are in no way true Conservatives (or Constitutionalists for that matter). If we as a people do not turn back to GOD and HIS intent for this country (HE definitely guided the founding of this country), we will be lost. Sometimes, we have to hit rock bottom in order to reach out to HIM. Maybe we just aren't there yet. Matt 6:33. laugh

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Tim_in_Nv
Either way, yes, we get a New York City liberal. It's by design. laugh. I would agree as to being a Constitutionalist. Bush senior and junior are in no way true Conservatives (or Constitutionalists for that matter). If we as a people do not turn back to GOD and HIS intent for this country (HE definitely guided the founding of this country), we will be lost. Sometimes, we have to hit rock bottom in order to reach out to HIM. Maybe we just aren't there yet. Matt 6:33. laugh

Reminds me of an alcoholic. Those guys must hit bottom before they come to grips/terms with their pathology. From that vantage point, there's no direction but up.

And before the alcoholic gets to that point, you know he's lying any time his lips are moving... crazy

Either America gets judged or Sodom and Gomorrah deserve an apology... shocked

DF

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Both parties used to fight for the middle ground politically, back in the late 40's- mid 60's, before special interests and donors started pushing each side to their prospective corners. The left started going farther left and the right farther to the right because with the donor support they would receive more money to campaign, and more support from individual groups, be it the NRA or NAACP. The core of each party started getting more devisive and less representative of the American middle.

The middle ground is where the majority of voters are, but by staying with the middle, special interest groups don't get fast results regarding social change, like with LGBT rights for example. What you do get with staying with the middle politically, is lasting and accepted change with social issues that are more widely accepted. But, that is not a quick enough turn around time for big business or the special interest's to take advantage of.

What Trump and Sanders have done is to gain support from the middle, where the donor class, special interest groups, and professional politicians have forgotten "the people". The result of that is 40%+ of the electorate is fed up with the system that doesn't represent them, has no intention of representing them, and so the middle roaders are flexing their muscles, and bringing the political system back to where it doesn't want to go...putting average American's interests first.

It shows how twisted the process has gotten, when the media and insiders think that the two primary politicians who are bringing in the biggest crowds (Trump and Bernie) are horrible candidates with unworkable platforms. That is what the electorate would rather have this round, horrible platforms that are not run by special interests and donors, rather than the status quo that takes them for granted, or forgets the people altogether.

Conservatism is all but dead, Liberalism has become a PC joke, and the only way to get representation is to go with an outsider no matter how "bad" he is. This election is a rebuke of the political establishment of both sides, and the establishment still doesn't understand, or really want to address that there is a problem.

That is how Trump gains support, by laying it out how the people have been getting screwed, what the reasons are, and how he is going to take hard stances against those policies that aren't PC in the least. Basically going after middle of the road Americans who have been forgotten by design of the special interest and donor political process.

He's put the dividing lines between D and R where he wants them, and once Cruz finally is done and we are on to the general election, the field now is much easier for him to gain voters than it will be for Hillary, which is a good thing for our side.

IC B2

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
The media and "insiders" are like drunken sailors, relishing in their pathology, impervious to the "real world" or "fly over country" as they call us.

Well, I hope this election cycle changes that; it's a coup, a revolution of sorts...

The wind in the The Donald's sails, H-Dog is sailing against the "wind" of this new paradigm.

Pundits and pollsters are getting a lot wrong by using models and formulas from past election cycles. Well, the rules have changed and are changing.

DF

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
And you speak the truth do you?

A lot of names and general mud has been slung by the folks that support Trump,even when he has not reached 1237.

I don't know how one can do that then call someone else out for untruths,with a straight face.

I will vote the one running against the dem in the fall but some comments made by Trump still make me wonder what he will really do.

YMMV

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Dirt farmer. Yes, we as a country are that Alcoholic. (or fill in the blank...) When we get to "rock bottom", we have a choice to make. Either turn back to GOD, or not. There will be no change (revolution or revolt) until the gov. checks quit coming and the grocery store shelves are bare. And even then, all the guys with any back bone are too old to do anything. laugh This election will elect a New York City liberal, no matter what you and I think, feel, or do. We can only effect change starting with ourselves. If our country is made up of 300 million people who are self sourced and not Christ sourced, then we are in deep doo doo. Our Founding Fathers warned that an immoral people cannot rule themselves. Enjoy the ride boys, it's going to entertaining for sure. laugh

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
The media and "insiders" are like drunken sailors, relishing in their pathology, impervious to the "real world" or "fly over country" as they call us.

Well, I hope this election cycle changes that; it's a coup, a revolution of sorts...

The wind in the The Donald's sails, H-Dog is sailing against the "wind" of this new paradigm.

Pundits and pollsters are getting a lot wrong by using models and formulas from past election cycles. Well, the rules have changed and are changing.

DF

As was Obama's last 2 elections. jus sayin.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lolololol...like your/our vote counts.... Lolololol....sucker's!

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by atvalaska
Lolololol...like your/our vote counts.... Lolololol....sucker's!

Hmmm. Would you happen to recall, by chance, Bush/Gore and the hanging chads in Fla.? The SCOTUS decision from that, maybe?

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Like the thread said,...

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Fugg Cruz.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
But is the GOP base large enough to affect change these days?

Bristoe, Martha Lane Collins brought Toyota to Kentucky in the eighties, Ford in Louisville and GM in Bowling Green has used "outsourced" parts for as long, Most Kentucky distilleries are owned by foreign companies and LexMark has been bought by the Chinese.

Tell me how Trump et al are going to reverse Globalism.

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by KyWindageII
But is the GOP base large enough to affect change these days?

Bristoe, Martha Lane Collins brought Toyota to Kentucky in the eighties, Ford in Louisville and GM in Bowling Green has used "outsourced" parts for as long, Most Kentucky distilleries are owned by foreign companies and LexMark has been bought by the Chinese.

Tell me how Trump et al are going to reverse Globalism.

Tariffs,...just like Reagan did.

The biggest threat from globalism is the invasion of America with illegal immigrants and Muslim Refugees.

Trump will just say "no more of that".

Anybody in Congress who bucks him will get the veto pen applied to any bill they want passed.

They'll learn quick enough.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
738 members (10ring1, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 02bfishn, 12308300, 11point, 85 invisible), 2,819 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,702
Posts18,400,027
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.