Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
RAS Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
For me,

First time for me was the Polish day parade back in 1992. I was part of the Wayne State Republicans while in college, and that facilitated being the front camera fodder during his speech in Hamtramck, MI. Bush 1 stopped at the front of the stage before going up. Somebody threw a piece of broccoli at him that landed right at our feet. It was a tense moment until it was discovered as broccoli. Anyways, Gov Engler and President Bush stood 5-10 feet from me for about 3-4 minutes until the stage was cleared by the SS. We all looked at each other but didn't say a word. I voted for Buchanan that year in the primary. smile The back of my head was on the news that night.

Also witnessed Clinton and Bush 2 at speeches, but that was far away.

The best one was when I went to Bush 2's Inauguration in 2000. Drove through the night from NC to get there. Stood in the pouring rain for hours waiting for the traditional procession. Because of what I was doing at the time, I got to be off the avenue, and so happens, right across the street from the nut job protesters. My idea was to see Bush go by on the avenue. Figured in was a historical moment, being a tense election and all. Anyways, our immediate area on our side of the street was kind of sparse. It was just me and a guy from NY at the front by the street barrier. The NY guy held up a Bush sign when a press truck went by thinking it might have Bush behind it. The protesters thought the press truck might be Bush to, and started yelling. The press vehicle was not, and just cruised by. Now, it was just me, the guy from NY (with the Bush sign) and about 200 nut job protesters across the street from us. The avenue is real thin with barriers. The nut jobs caught eye of us. All of them. Then me the NY guy proceeded to get about 200 middle fingers pointed towards us. That really ticked me off. I wanted to go around the monument and get over there and have some fun with them. I was really nuts back then. My girlfriend (now wife) didnt have any of it, and I was her ride, so we left. Bummer.

Good times.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

GB1

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Too close to "Jimm'a" in Plains several times...way too close for me....and his boss, I mean his wife....and the really crazy secret service types...lol.....

RAS Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I totally cut out the military events.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i used to sit in Ronnies chair in the JCS Emergency Actions Room in the NMCC in the Pentagon while i was doing my PM's. it smelled like cabbage farts.

My diploma is a DD214
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Worked security detail for Bush 2 when I was in Law Enforcement. A whole lotta meetings for a 40 minute gig.

Buy once, cry once.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Bush I

Shook his hand.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Friend of mine has a suicide doored Continental that his dad and LBJ
used to hunt the ranch.
I got to sit in it.
I walked by Bush Senior on my way to visit with Stormin Norman.
Had spent a week in elk camp with the General.
Rather'd the General.

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I sure as hell wish I had been at Fuzzy's Pizza in Houston when George Bush Sr. was there, I would have made the news for sure!

Dave

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
No but I'd be happy to get within 600 yards of O on a calm day.

LOL
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Did a security detail for Bush 2. Got photos with me shaking his hand an an arm around my shoulders. He was a great guy.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sitting POTUS, no.

Though I did make Jimmah dinner one night.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Worked detail at the white house..early 80's... Don't worry they are people like u me, only they dress better...and think they are all that.( the folks under the prez trying to out do the other guy)

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
Did a security detail for Bush 2. Got photos with me shaking his hand an an arm around my shoulders. He was a great guy.
He is a great guy. Took time for all of us to get a pic.

Buy once, cry once.
U
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
U
Shook Ronald Regean's hand while I was a student at LSU.
In my opinion he was the greatest president in my lifetime.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Stood in the front row of the audience when Reagan was giving his address to the nation from the US Base there in Reykjavik Iceland immediately following the Reagan/Gorbachev Summit. I was 13yrs old and remember it clearly. I was probably only 15 feet or so from him the entire speech.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was installing some security equipment at the airport in Waco, when Air Force 1 landed (That's where he flew into when going to Crawford). Bush and several others got got off plane and was headed my way. The SS got to me first and asked what I was doing and to see my ID. I showed them and asked could I meet Bush. Guy said he would check and as Bush was approaching, he walked over to Bush and said something. Bush came over, we introduced ourselves, and we shook hands.

After that, I did some work at Bush's place at Crawford, but never saw anyone, other than the contractor and security people.

I met Clinton when he was Gov. of Arkansas.

I refused to see osamie's motorcade come thru Dauphin Island. I stayed in the office. Ticked off my boss, but he got over it.

Saw Al Gore at an OSHA conference in DC. He gave the opening speech.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by deerhunter5555
He is a great guy. Took time for all of us to get a pic.

Yes he is. I was standing next to him because I was standing next to my buddy, a TX Ranger, when Bush 2 was in downtown Midland.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

I got a call from the state department in 2002 with a request to meet with the president and the department of the interior to discuss the opportunities for a wildlife corridor that was being proposed in the Gallatin National Forest, near Big Sky Montana.

I respectfully declined and told them I was hosting the prairie dog invitational and couldn't accept the appointment...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

Have you washed your hand to date?

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 1Longbow, 11point, 12344mag, 48 invisible), 2,509 guests, and 1,237 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,360
Posts18,468,953
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.