-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yes, Harry Truman and John F. Kennedy. Met Reagan when he was Governor of Calif.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I was told that I saw President Johnson. I was in Basic training in Ft. Bliss, Texas in the fall of 1967 when he met with the President of Mexico. They marched us down there, but He was so far away, it could have been anybody. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Sitting <40 feet just left of center (from his view) of Obama when he was on stage at the school here last fall. I could have gone up and shook his hand with 100 or more others, but that was just going too far!

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
In 2011, I saw Air Force 1 leaving Portland, it was the only dark thing in the sky...

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 05/04/16. Reason: critical date detail

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
There was a chunky, blond headed guy about 16 y/o, come down out of Arkansas and got lost in Louisiana. I gave him directions to get where he wanted. His name was Bill Clinton.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
In the 34 years of my prior LE job, I got to meet, shake hands, and ( with most ) have my photo taken with every President starting with Reagan ( with the exception of one, ), Vice- President, First Lady, and the Queen of England as part of their local security detail partnership. Reagan & Bush II were the best. Bush II was the most fun to be with. Great guy. Declined to be photographed with Clinton ( after the Secret Service told us that no matter what you do, DO NOT mention the Second Amendment shocked . VP Gore had the softest hand shake. Barbara and Laura Bush were the nicest First Ladies. Both fun to be around.

Seemed like the Republicans were always more fun to be around than the Democrats.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Moms got a pic of Lester Maddox and me when I was a wee tot.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Yes, I have a picture shaking hands with GW, and another with Bill Clinton. Part of the duties I did before I retired was liaison duties for dignitary visits, and this entailed working with the various entities providing the protection.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Both Bushs, Clinton, Obama.

RAS Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Since we have been talking military, I was interviewed for and was offered the MMCO job at HMX-1 in Quantico. I was so tired of Northern VA at that time, that I turned it down.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMX-1

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

IC B3

RAS Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by sgtsmmiii
In the 34 years of my prior LE job, I got to meet, shake hands, and ( with most ) have my photo taken with every President starting with Reagan ( with the exception of one, ), Vice- President, First Lady, and the Queen of England as part of their local security detail partnership. Reagan & Bush II were the best. Bush II was the most fun to be with. Great guy. Declined to be photographed with Clinton ( after the Secret Service told us that no matter what you do, DO NOT mention the Second Amendment shocked . VP Gore had the softest hand shake. Barbara and Laura Bush were the nicest First Ladies. Both fun to be around.

Seemed like the Republicans were always more fun to be around than the Democrats.

Every Marine that I have known to work at the Barracks or the White House, has said the same exact thing. And I know quite a few.

A few thought Biden was ok though.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Nope.
Close as I have been is I met Paul Ryan about five years ago. And I met John Kasich and had a conversation with him also five years ago.

NRA Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've met GHWB and Jimmy Carter. Enjoyed talking to Bush, didn't have the nerve to tell Jimmy what I thought of his job. Those SS dudes didn't seem to have a sense of humor.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I rolled down the window, stuck my arm out and flipped bill clinton's motorcade the bird when they were headed in the opposite direction on the highway one day.

Does that count?

B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
BHO flew over my house in an Osprey chopper/airplane thingy.

WJC passed under me on freeway I was on the overpass

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Took pictures of Ike for the Air Force.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Reagan met the pope here in the mid 80's IIRC

YUGE turnout for them at the airport

Just never have understood the fascination with celebrities

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Shook hands with Harry Truman, 5 at the time as he was 'stumping' for Eisenhower. Honor guard for Ronnie so within 3-4 feet. For some reason he didn't stop to shake my hand.

I'm not cheap, I'm frugal.
[Linked Image]
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
He was out of office at the time but I got to shake Bush I's hand while running the Houston Marathon a few years ago. He was standing along the route cheering on the runners like a regular Joe and my running partner spotted him standing at the curb with a single SS officer by his side. We ran over and introduced ourselves and shook hands - I actually called him George instead of Mr. President. I was about 20 miles in at that point and not thinking entirely straight I guess.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Was in a WH support unit for 20 years, 1978-1998. Met them all in that time period. Coupla things stick in my mind...talking trout fishing with Bush 1, what a dick Bill Clinton was, (one of our contacts for a Christmas gig was Monica-she looked pretty good to me), what nice, classy people ALL the Bush's are,offering to let Kissinger and Gerald Ford cut in line in front of me in the pee line at Nixon's funeral (they insisted I go first, classy). Never met Hillary, and observed that Nancy Reagan REALLY controlled the space around her husband. Jimmah seemed to be a nice guy, but I did not agree with anything he said. Probably more than that, but I'm old, and I forget stuff. Did I mention the Bush's were classy, nice people?

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

380 members (17CalFan, 1Longbow, 1lesfox, 2500HD, 160user, 12344mag, 38 invisible), 1,803 guests, and 968 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,064
Posts18,463,379
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.