Print Thread
Hop To
K
kennyd Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
K
Who is froem that area? This looks to be as big as the big blowup from what I saw on TV.

GB1

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Link?

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dam that's bad ....but the left up their got the talking point ...in the middle of the fire """""Trudeau noted climate change is contributing to an increase in extreme weather and fires but said it's difficult to establish a direct link."""" Fing tards IMO !

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Too true. Anything bad that happens is caused by anthropogenic global warming. crazy

d.v.

Musings on TDS
IC B2

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
This could be bad news for gasoline prices in Colorado, Wyoming, Montana and anywhere else whose refineries buy oil sands based crude from Canada.

d.v.

Musings on TDS
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by kennyd
Who is froem that area? This looks to be as big as the big blowup from what I saw on TV.

My sons father in law and brother in law both work there. Luckily they were home here on their days off in Southern Alberta.

Bad scene for sure. Our provincial government (NDP) has been totally incompetent when it came to dealing with this. The Leader of the Opposition Party (Wild Rose Party, Conservatives)in Alberta is from Ft Mac, is their representative. He lost his home in the fire yet has been a strong voice for Albertans. Thank God we have strong people here in Alberta, the city will recover. Regardless of the (in)actions of the ruling party.
One member of the NDP tweeted that it is karma that the oil city burned as he gloated over citizens loss of property and livilhood.
The NDP finally declared a state of emergency this afternoon, after saying there was no need this AM. Dumbphukrs! The Canadian Forces are now able to deploy resources to assist, something they were ready to do and according to friends I have still serving, couldn't believe took so long for the NDP to declare. I could go on but it just depresses me. Thank the Good Lord there has been no loss of life.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
The only thing unusual about this is Fort Mac is a pretty good sized town to evacuate--88,000 people displaced.
Spring fires in the boreal forest are nothing new.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
troutfly;
Good morning to you sir, I trust this finds you and your family well.

It looks to me like the big companies up there were doing all they could and then some to help out displaced folks. That didn't get a whole lot of airplay....

Neither as you mentioned, did the Premier's reluctance to call a state of emergency get much criticism. Good grief, this is the largest evacuation because of a fire ever in Canada, but it's no big deal to her?

Anyway this all strikes pretty close to home for a lot of us BC folks because we live it every summer - our family had 20 minutes to pack and leave in the Vaseaux Fire of '03 and there were only hundreds of us on the move, not thousands like up there.

Our thoughts and prayers are with the folks who've been displaced and for sure with the fire fighters and first responders doing the heavy lifting.

All the best to you and your family again troutfly.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Good evening Dwayne,

Was out shooting gophers on my sons outlaws farm all day. They have been in constant contact with the camp they work out of. Things are not good up there.

It baffles me that there has been such a lack of concern in our government with this fire.

Those big bad nasty oil companies are stepping it up, doing what people do for people. Sheltering evacuees in the camps, a few have re-opened camps that have been closed for months. Businesses everywhere are offering help as are everyday Albertans.

Interestingly enough, Mr. Jean has been doing what a Leader does, visiting the camps, visiting with firefighters when he has the opportunity. The man lost everything, much like many others yet he is out there concerned for the people. The governing NDP are nowhere to be seen.

Having never had to evacuate my family I can't imagine the feeling. I have been involved as a soldier in assisting with evacuations tough. A stressful time for those affected to be sure!

You are right though, there is little criticism of the govts. actions so far. Maybe that is just a sign of resignation amongst Albertans that we have a weak government and will just have to do it ourselves...

All the best to you and your family as well.
Jeff

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

356 members (1lesfox, 1Longbow, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 160user, 31 invisible), 2,754 guests, and 957 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,282
Posts18,467,767
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.