Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
Originally Posted by kwg020

Interesting. I'll have to take a look at mine.
kwg

Please do, I'm interested to hear how yours fits. On the two I've had, and both of my bud's, you can see the misalignment on the outside too; the lower doesn't match up with the upper at the rear and it's worse on one side.

When a company keeps insisting "we've never seen that before", I can't help but wonder if it's just me somehow, but I'm seeing it on 4 different lowers of theirs and at least 8 uppers that all fit mil-spec lowers correctly.

I think it's their design flaw, because the rear lug pocket is measurably off to one side in the lower, by about the amount you see in the pic above. That just seems really weird to me, given how common and consistent most other AR15 mil spec receivers are that fit each other correctly.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have 2 that my son has been shooting without issue. I have put together a third one but I don't have an upper for it. They make a real light weight rifle.

I did have to shape the back of the lowers where the upper meets it and the back pin fits through. With some work it makes a nice snug fit. I did have to file off some burrs to fit the front pin. I have about an hour in each one of the polymer lowers to fit it to my satisfaction but the light weight made it worth it.

I have not viewed the lower with a bolt in it with the butt stock off. I plan on doing this with the one I have at home but it will be a while before I see the 2 that are at my son's place. He claims he has not had any issues shooting either one but I want to look at them.

Thanks

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
I've been out of town, and received my "fixed" lower back from TA while I was gone so I thought I'd update my earlier comments.

They did get my polymer lower to fit a mil-spec upper now; it's still not perfect but it is functional. I have mixed feelings about it - TA did stand behind their warranty and finally fixed it, but that required shipping it back twice on my dime to fix something that shouldn't have been an issue in the first place.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (10gaugeman, 219 Wasp, 1234, 17CalFan, 22kHornet, 222Sako, 46 invisible), 3,299 guests, and 1,155 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,292
Posts18,467,960
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.