Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
338Rem Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

When its time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to get on Noah's Arc... and brother, it is starting to rain!

The chair is against the wall.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
How about all those on Badger care?

and food stamps, first, pea in the bottle please.......

I'm feeling a little chippy tonight, but did ya ever notice those on food stamps are generally the biggest people?

And then those same people with cartoons of Cigs on the kitchen table.

I think I'm achieving disgruntled status.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
I don't support drug testing for unemployment because unemployment insurance is an insurance benefit that you've paid for, it's not a government handout but an insurance claim. Would you support requiring drug testing by State Farm to file a claim to get your roof fixed after a hail storm?

On the other hand, I'm all for drug testing welfare recipients since they're receiving benefits that they did not pay for and are a burden upon the taxpayers. Anyone receiving something for nothing should be required to prove that the money is going for necessary living expenses instead of drugs or frivolous uses.

338Rem Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Kenneth
How about all those on Badger care?

and food stamps, first, pea in the bottle please.......

I'm feeling a little chippy tonight, but did ya ever notice those on food stamps are generally the biggest people?

And then those same people with cartoons of Cigs on the kitchen table.

I think I'm achieving disgruntled status.

Thank you, now just pee in this bottle, and we might grant you disgruntled status. grin

When its time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to get on Noah's Arc... and brother, it is starting to rain!

The chair is against the wall.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The article was a little vague but what I inferred is that this applies to those on unemployment who must take a drug test for a job app. Most states UI requires that you be seeking work so if you fail a drug test or refuse to take one from a valid work opportunity, you're basically 'refusing work'. I didn't understand it to mean that everyone collecting UI will be subjected to random drug testing.

BTW, for those who think drug testing for welfare is a good idea...

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2015/02/26/3624447/tanf-drug-testing-states/

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
correct me if wrong but I thought the employer paid for the unemployment ins.?
but I m with ya cheeseland on the testing, now if only we
could get our [bleep] together........

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have been drug tested for near on 25 years /random twice a year on the low end ....I use company truck/and equipment... So what I'm boring...

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Why do you think the positive rates in those states are so low? Could it be that testing recipients and denying them free stuff serves as an incentive to stay clean? And by staying clean they may get jobs faster, thus getting off the dole quicker? Even if they want to be junkies, they have to go get a job and get off the dole before they use. Just because yo don't catch people doesn't mean the program is bad. It could be so good people don't use while on it.

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
I don't support drug testing for unemployment because unemployment insurance is an insurance benefit that you've paid for...

Was the insurer informed 'you' were a drug user when the rate was determined?

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Wisconsin sucks, but this is awesome. Wisconsin now sucks less.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
I haven't had a job that required drug testing since I worked for the railroad back in the 80's. Worked for probably a dozen different employers since then and probably 1/4 of my co workers at every one would have failed a drug test.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't support drug testing for unemployment because unemployment insurance is an insurance benefit that you've paid for, it's not a government handout but an insurance claim. Would you support requiring drug testing by State Farm to file a claim to get your roof fixed after a hail storm? On the other hand, I'm all for drug testing welfare recipients since they're receiving benefits that they did not pay for and are a burden upon the taxpayers. Anyone receiving something for nothing should be required to prove that the money is going for necessary living expenses instead of drugs or frivolous uses.
This reads as if you are trying to make the case that the $$ paid out to individuals as unemployment payments have already been paid in by those same people receiving the payments? Is that what you mean to say there?
Or, are you saying that the $$ payments the uneployed persons receive have been paid in by "somebody", including a bunch of other workers/employers? Kindly clarify. Thanks.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
scenario, Colorado legalizes Marijuana use,

Colorado job applicant fails the piss test,

Illegal to not hire him?

C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by MojoHand

BTW, for those who think drug testing for welfare is a good idea...

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2015/02/26/3624447/tanf-drug-testing-states/

That article is from a liberal mouthpiece. The stats cited are easily explained by the fact that welfare recipients on drugs don't show up to take the tests and therefore don't get to keep receiving benefits. They don't catch many because the users know they'll be caught if they take the test so they don't take it. The net result is the same, dopers get removed from the welfare rolls as they should.

Drug testing for welfare recipients has been very successful in states that have implemented it. It's very much worth the small costs.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by CCCC
I don't support drug testing for unemployment because unemployment insurance is an insurance benefit that you've paid for, it's not a government handout but an insurance claim. Would you support requiring drug testing by State Farm to file a claim to get your roof fixed after a hail storm? On the other hand, I'm all for drug testing welfare recipients since they're receiving benefits that they did not pay for and are a burden upon the taxpayers. Anyone receiving something for nothing should be required to prove that the money is going for necessary living expenses instead of drugs or frivolous uses.
This reads as if you are trying to make the case that the $$ paid out to individuals as unemployment payments have already been paid in by those same people receiving the payments? Is that what you mean to say there?
Or, are you saying that the $$ payments the uneployed persons receive have been paid in by "somebody", including a bunch of other workers/employers? Kindly clarify. Thanks.

I'm fairly certain you understand how insurance works. Every worker pays unemployment tax (premiums) on their wages. It's claimed that the employer pays it but that's a bait and switch, it's like claiming that the employer pays half your FICA tax, in reality it all comes from the employee.

If you paid for the insurance you have a right to claim the benefits when needed, attaching ancillary requirements after the fact should rightly be considered as having negotiated in bad faith since there wasn't notice that drug testing was part of a requirement to collect the benefits when the unemployment insurance premium was paid by the employee. Welfare benefits were never paid for by the recipient so I have no problem with attaching requirements to them.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The whole point of drug testing for welfare bums is to 'save money'. Clearly the number they're catching is not paying for it.

Too think that druggies clean up their act so they can get food stamps is gullibility to the extreme. Addicts will 'earn' their bennies by selling drugs or their bodies. It's just a wishful fallacy that most welfare recipients are drug addicts.

The point is not that druggies should still get bennies (a point that the person in the article did seem to try to make), the point is testi to 'save money' is a Bullschit dream...

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by MojoHand
The whole point of drug testing for welfare bums is to 'save money'. Clearly the number they're catching is not paying for it.

Too think that druggies clean up their act so they can get food stamps is gullibility to the extreme. Addicts will 'earn' their bennies by selling drugs or their bodies. It's just a wishful fallacy that most welfare recipients are drug addicts.

The point is not that druggies should still get bennies (a point that the person in the article did seem to try to make), the point is testi to 'save money' is a Bullschit dream...

You're missing the point. They don't clean up their act, they just don't show up for testing thus forfeiting their benefits. They don't catch many because they don't show up, thus self removing themselves from the welfare rolls. If they forfeit their benefits by not doing the drug testing then the government saves the money, thus achieving the desired effect. Of course that article, being a leftist hack piece, doesn't explain that.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
I don't support drug testing for unemployment because unemployment insurance is an insurance benefit that you've paid for, it's not a government handout but an insurance claim. Would you support requiring drug testing by State Farm to file a claim to get your roof fixed after a hail storm?

On the other hand, I'm all for drug testing welfare recipients since they're receiving benefits that they did not pay for and are a burden upon the taxpayers. Anyone receiving something for nothing should be required to prove that the money is going for necessary living expenses instead of drugs or frivolous uses.

But what if one was fired for being stoned on the job ? stupid should suffer

C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by ldholton

Then they would have been fired for cause and not eligible for unemployment benefits anyway, thus a moot point.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by ldholton

Then they would have been fired for cause and not eligible for unemployment benefits anyway, thus a moot point.
Maybe it varies state to state but around here one may have to "protest" but all will usually end up getting umemploment

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

482 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 19rabbit52, 52 invisible), 2,672 guests, and 1,217 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,713
Posts18,456,946
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.