GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Kate Upton

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Trump is the "big personality" in the room. As my Dad related to me years ago, there can only be one "big personality" in a room. Put two in the same room and they'll fight until one leaves. I suspect Trump knows this, which rules out other "big personalities" like Chris Christy. Who ever the VP nominee is, I'm guessing they'll understand very clearly who the boss is and will defer to him in all situations.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Condoleezza Rice

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Trump has stated on more than one occasion that his VP will not be a career politician, but will have political experience. ??

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Trump won't pick a veep to prop up in the corner. Whoever works for Trump has to produce.

This is what I think as well. I believe he'll look for someone who'll help politically and at the same time be someone who gets things done.

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
carl rove

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Glenn Beck

Black Cows Matter!
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by muleshoe
Glenn Beck

Ok, you caught me.

Neti-potted dark roast.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Go.

Jan Brewer .... one time governor of Arizona

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Martinez obviously dislikes Trump. Now that he has the nomination wrapped up, she is still refusing to endorse him. I think that you can cross her off the list.

I'm guessing that he will select someone with significant public service experience outside of DC--perhaps a fellow New Yorker, or at least someone from New England. He doesn't seem to have a lot of respect for people outside of the the sphere of influence in which he operates.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by mudhen
Martinez obviously dislikes Trump. Now that he has the nomination wrapped up, she is still refusing to endorse him. I think that you can cross her off the list.

I'm guessing that he will select someone with significant public service experience outside of DC--perhaps a fellow New Yorker, or at least someone from New England. He doesn't seem to have a lot of respect for people outside of the the sphere of influence in which he operates.

Trump will win New York on his own, without any help from the VP. The place he needs a lot of work is the Southwest.
Someone from Texas would be a great pick. I would like to see him pick Perry. The man is a hard core gun nut. I like that. grin

Last edited by Hotload; 05/05/16.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Rick Perry has pretty much been a career politician since he graduated college...

Ben

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Rick Perry has pretty much been a career politician since he graduated college...

.... and he has loved guns since he graduated grade school.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

When does one become a career politician? After their first term is up and they seek re-election?

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Agree about Rick Perry being a 2nd Amendment proponent, but Trump wouldn't choose him. Competing hair.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Longbob
Agree about Rick Perry being a 2nd Amendment proponent, but Trump wouldn't choose him. Competing hair.

Perry is not on the short list. Trump very much needs to win a big numbers state like Texas because old Hildabeast is going to win California.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by watch4bear

When does one become a career politician? After their first term is up and they seek re-election?
I would say that a politician who has held a variety of elected offices for 30 years until he or she was term-limited out, and who then decides to run for President, pretty much fits the description. Especially if he started out moving up rapidly in one party and then switched to the other when it was obvious that was his only hope to continue to seek higher elective offices.

I don't have anything against Rick Perry, but I don't think that I would like to see him one heartbeat away from the Presidency, as the saying goes...

Ben

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Hotload
Originally Posted by Longbob

Perry is not on the short list. Trump very much needs to win a big numbers state like Texas because old Hildabeast is going to win California.

I wouldn't worry about Texas. I feel it is a given that the Republican (Trump) will win it.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Sako76
Allen West!

Yes!!!!

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

430 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 10ring1, 163bc, 34 invisible), 2,432 guests, and 1,031 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,285
Posts18,467,824
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.