Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
And let's pay the burger flippers their $15.00 an hour too.

GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I figured you would be pro 15 and hour burger flipper. Just makes sense.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Didn't figure you'd recognize sarcasm either. Keep raising prices on everything until it's either unaffordable or they close the doors. I can only assume you hold one of those prized FFL's.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
$10 for the guy I use. I wouldn't pay anymore than that.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by fellas2
Didn't figure you'd recognize sarcasm either. Keep raising prices on everything until it's either unaffordable or they close the doors. I can only assume you hold one of those prized FFL's.

I'm just going to leave it at this. no I don't have one of those prizes....

but I am amazed that so many that don't own a business can see to tell the owners how they should run it... most that think this way would fail quickly at a business.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

NVhntr Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rost495
I am amazed that so many that don't own a business can see to tell the owners how they should run it... most that think this way would fail quickly at a business.

Amen

So, did any one get a lower for $34.99?

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I really cant blame LGSs for charging for paperwork, they have overhead and inventory and liability. Then you want them to charge you nothing for online purchases in direct competition with them, Then who complains when a LGS goes out of business.
Doesnt matter too much here in the PR of MD since we cant buy lowers anyhow.

precision is group shooting, accuracy is hitting your intended target.
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by rogn

Doesn't matter too much here in the PR of MD since we cant buy lowers anyhow.

Since when? I bought one last weekend. Paid the man, filled out the form, survived the NICS check, out the door. You can own all the (legally bought) lowers you want. Where it gets squirrely is the strict limitations we have on the configuration of the finished build- H-bars only, minimum overall length that precludes most "shorties", etc. Go up to Hendershot's in Hagerstown and peruse enough Maryland-legal AR-stuff to gladden the heart of any AR aficionado. I'm having a ball specing-out what is my first AR build. I had no idea, having assumed that AR ownership is a Byzantian-like process in our state. Not true.

(For the record, going with 20" barrel, flat top receiver, and a mix of detachable iron sights, detachable carry handle, and optics. Would I want a shorty tactical carbine? Neat as they are, I don't see my arthritic 63 year old butt doing any "running and gunning" ever again, so a 20" musket will serve me fine!)

Last edited by gnoahhh; 05/01/16.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Looking at Andersons lowers at Aim Surplus. They will not ship to our STATE. A lot of online / MO refuse to ship to MD.

precision is group shooting, accuracy is hitting your intended target.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I asked my dealer if they could do a transfer for me or could they beat AIM's and Primary Arms price on Anderson lowers. I came home yesterday with two more lowers. wink

Now I need LPK's, uppers, and BCG's......

Last edited by wareagle700; 05/04/16.

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
IC B3

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
When you find out who has uppers at that price, let me know !

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by keith_dunlap
cost me $35 on my end, doubling the price.

that sucks.

Thats why you buy 4 of them.

NRA Life Member
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Tough when there's a limit of 2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Some places on the East coast should really, though its a shame, still be thankful they can own an AR at all.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Its a pain finding deals on complete lowers with a non-adjustable stock and a REAL pain in the ass finding crowned (non threaded) barrels on sale.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
its so hard to assemble a lower.....

I hear you on the non threaded thing, but they make caps for that too...

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by fellas2
That's the bullshit part of it. Guys in my area are charging as little as $10.00 to some at $50.00. With a set price on the instacheck there should be some regulation on what they can charge. Just another reason it's getting hard for an individual to get full price for a gun. By the time you add shipping and transfer the seller gotta figure another $50 - $100 into the price.

If you want to get your own FFL it costs you $100
then you can give away your time. It gets old fast dealing with people who want everything at cost.

The last time I asked a simple question of a law office I got a bill for $160.
Why should a gun dealer work for free?

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
They shouldn't, but some folks want to limit their wage, and at teh same time others are pushnig for a higher minimum wage....

Its nuts.

I still love it though, I use who works for me. And they make money and i"m happy with them making money.

I used to have folks want to pay me the exact invoice... LOL

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I had a "friend" that wanted a Glock at cost and got upset when he found out what the shipping would cost and the sales tax.
How fing cheap can you get?

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
BTDT. Funny in the end...

Think you can find X cheaper or a transaction cheaper then knock yourself out!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (01Foreman400, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 1234, 60 invisible), 2,321 guests, and 1,254 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,660
Posts18,455,690
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.