Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Say what you want on the internet, big guy.

If you'd come on here and said "this guy is a d-bag and I want everyone to know what he did" I'd have respected that.

But you didn't. You whined like a little girl and said it was something that would "reverberate throughout the hunting community" which just goes to show that you have no clue about such things.

It's a state game law violation where one animal was taken illegally. The only people who care about that are locals.

So GFY.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Ahhhh we finally agree...

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Not true, we agreed once before, back in '13.

And next time you post, get the thread name right (hint)

J
JDHasty Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Originally Posted by smokepole
Say what you want on the internet, big guy.

If you'd come on here and said "this guy is a d-bag and I want everyone to know what he did" I'd have respected that.

But you didn't. You whined like a little girl and said it was something that would "reverberate throughout the hunting community" which just goes to show that you have no clue about such things.

It's a state game law violation where one animal was taken illegally. The only people who care about that are locals.

So GFY.

Not true. There are people in other States who do have an interest in how this plays out.

What he is charged with is Unlawful Hunting of Big Game II

RCW 77.15.410
Unlawful hunting of big game—Penalty.
(1) A person is guilty of unlawful hunting of big game in the second degree if the person:
(a) Hunts for, takes, or possesses big game and the person does not have and possess all licenses, tags, or permits required under this title; or
(b) Violates any department rule regarding seasons, bag or possession limits, closed areas including game reserves, closed times, or any other rule governing the hunting, taking, or possession of big game.
(2) A person is guilty of unlawful hunting of big game in the first degree if the person commits the act described in subsection (1) of this section and:
(a) The person hunts for, takes, or possesses three or more big game animals within the same course of events; or
(b) The act occurs within five years of the date of a prior conviction under this title involving unlawful hunting, killing, possessing, or taking big game.
(3)(a) Unlawful hunting of big game in the second degree is a gross misdemeanor. Upon conviction of an offense involving killing or possession of big game taken during a closed season, closed area, without the proper license, tag, or permit using an unlawful method, or in excess of the bag or possession limit, the department shall revoke all of the person's hunting licenses and tags and order a suspension of the person's hunting privileges for two years.
(b) Unlawful hunting of big game in the first degree is a class C felony. Upon conviction, the department shall revoke all of the person's hunting licenses or tags and order the person's hunting privileges suspended for ten years.
(4) For the purposes of this section, "same course of events" means within one twenty-four hour period, or a pattern of conduct composed of a series of acts that are unlawful under subsection (1) of this section, over a period of time evidencing a continuity of purpose.

Got that smart guy? If not let me spell it out for you.

If your buddy Todd pleads guilty or is convicted the State of Washington SHALL revoke all of Todd's hunting licenses and tags and order a suspension of Todd's hunting privileges for two years.

Which would invoke provisions in the Interstate Wildlife Violator Compact IWVC https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstate_Wildlife_Violator_Compact
and that would result in your buddy Todd losing his hunting privileges for two years in all of the other States that are members.

Last edited by JDHasty; 05/11/16.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
LOL, "my buddy." You dumb ass, I never heard of the guy until you started this nonsense.

IC B2

J
JDHasty Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
If the judge orders pre-trial conditions on your buddy Todd that include no hunting that would give WDFW grounds to revoke your buddy Todd's 2016 Washington Auction Tag that he bid $75K for and that would give Pennsylvania grounds to invoke the IWVC on the 2016 Pennsylvania Auction Tag.

Both of these 2016 tags he claimed at the RMEF Banquet a couple weeks ago. So you see this case does have ramifications that extend well beyond the local

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Only in your little world. It affects one man, he'll pay for his mistake, as he should. If he'd bought the governor's tag in my home state and then had to forfeit it, that wouldn't affect me or other Colorado hunters one bit.

Actually, it would be a good thing for us if he had to forfeit the tag. CP&W would no doubt auction it off again, and make twice the money.

Win/win for us.

J
JDHasty Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Originally Posted by smokepole
Only in your little world. It affects one man, he'll pay for his mistake, as he should. If he'd bought the governor's tag in my home state and then had to forfeit it, that wouldn't affect me or other Colorado hunters one bit.

Actually, it would be a good thing for us if he had to forfeit the tag. CP&W would no doubt auction it off again, and make twice the money.

Win/win for us.

It affects all sportsmen when someone violates the game laws. The reason that prosecutors and judges give most often when they don't take game laws seriously is "nobody cares about game laws anyway." And it is attitudes like yours that reinforce that misconception.

I could care less if he pays for his mistake, what motivates me is that his behavior is changed and he stops violating. There is not a thing that suggests to me that his 2007 experience did anything to motivate him to change his behavior.

From what I know of that case, what was in the public record, is that his lawyer fought like hell to get the State to drop the RCW 77 charges and that he was willing to plead to "whatever" to settle the case so long as the RCW 77 charges were dropped.

What this indicates to me is: paying a fine does not matter to him one whit, his reputation doesn't seem to factor in either, BUT IWVC is like Kriptonite to him and that is because a RCW 77 conviction would result in a suspension and that would invoke IWVC.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
This guy is a liberal puke with a big hard on for trophy hunters (really he dislikes all hunters) he is a greenE lib pos. He trolls hunting sights looking for game violation and gets brownie points in his little eyes in the woods group. For any info he can get to the local game wardens. I have no beef with fish and game but these little snitching pos follow guys around trying to find them not wearing orange or having a loaded fire arm in a truck they take pics and report to the game wardens everything they can scrounge up. it's sad but the guys up north are a special kinda stupid.

PS the room only had one tooth brush 👌

J
JDHasty Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Originally Posted by fredIII
This guy is a liberal puke with a big hard on for trophy hunters (really he dislikes all hunters) he is a greenE lib pos. He trolls hunting sights looking for game violation and gets brownie points in his little eyes in the woods group. For any info he can get to the local game wardens. I have no beef with fish and game but these little snitching pos follow guys around trying to find them not wearing orange or having a loaded fire arm in a truck they take pics and report to the game wardens everything they can scrounge up. it's sad but the guys up north are a special kinda stupid.

PS the room only had one tooth brush 👌

And handsome, you forgot handsome.

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by 338Rem
JDHasty
Registered on 09/09/2012
11 posts from 09/09/2012 through 04/02/2014
19 posts since 05/05/2016 and going

Interesting.

Plus Ol' Hasty is rampaging across the internet forums about this Todd guy.........

If the hunter did something illegal, then he faces the music, but it's obvious Hasty has taken a personal interest.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by JDHasty
The reason that prosecutors and judges give most often when they don't take game laws seriously is "nobody cares about game laws anyway." And it is attitudes like yours that reinforce that misconception.

You really are an assho**, aren't you?

I didn't say the judge should let the guy off easy now did I?

As a matter of fact, I think the judge should throw the book at this guy. I have no sympathy for him. The thing is, it's not in my state so it's really none of my business. I will leave all of that up to the people of Washington.

If you don't take care of business, you have only yourselves to blame. And I really don't give a rat's ass. Now GFY.

J
JDHasty Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Not that I feel that I owe anybody any explanation, but I will lay out exactly what motivates me.

I have personal friends who are fourth generation Kittitas Valley residents and grew up right where this bull was poached. It was not I who initially reported on the illegal aspects of the "hunt." But I did comment on what had transpired and presented facts. In response Todd Reichert's defenders responded by calling me and others liars and also posted personal attacks on my character as well as the character of others who posted factual information. In one case they even libeled an honorable man, posting abject falsehoods re: a 100% legal hunt that he had played a part in.

As of today they have not impeached one bit of what I have posted regarding Mr Reichert's hunt, or the activities of his accomplices. Every thing I have posted regarding the facts of the case have in fact been validated by others including WDFW. When I have posted an opinion I make certain that what I have posted is clearly identified as my opinion and nothing more.

Mr Reichert's defenders have maligned and defamed me and all I have done is to shine the light of truth on what transpired. On top of everything else the actors in this scheme have tried to point the finger of blame at people inside WDFW, one of whom is the brother of a personal friend of mine and a man of the utmost integrity.

So, I guess you could say that I am taking this personal at this point and I will not deny it.

As far as the Tag Auctions and those who participate in them, I have defended both, with the exception that I clearly and unambiguously stated that there is a small minority of participants, who I labeled "the usual suspects" who participate and that I would like to see a mechanism through which they were denied the privilege of participating in these Tag Auctions in the future. And yes, I emphasized the point that I was talking about a few bad actors, a "small minority" within the population of participants who are serial bad actors.

When I posted that there was a cabal who twisted my words into a pretzel in order to attack me for saying that the participants in these opportunities are game law violators and that the Tag Auctions should be eliminated and that I am jealous. Which is flat out horse crap, I never said any such thing and the fact of the matter is I have gone on record as supporting the concept of Tag Auctions.

Those are the facts Jack. Learn em'.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
It was not I who initially reported on the illegal aspects of the "hunt." But I did comment on what had transpired and presented facts. In response Todd Reichert's defenders responded by calling me and others liars and also posted personal attacks on our character. In one case they even libeled an honorable man, posting abject falsehoods re: a 100% legal hunt that he had played a part in.

It all sounds so.........dramatic.

Is it that time of the month?

J
JDHasty Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
"The thing is, it's not in my state so it's really none of my business. I will leave all of that up to the people of Washington."

I see the IWVC as an effective tool to combat serial game law violators, and I see a violator like Mr Reichert as a poster child for why it is an effective tool.

If you don't see it as an effective tool then I guess it naturally would follow that this violation would be the exclusive business of Washington State residents and sportsmen.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
You have a real flair for this. Ever thought of starting a TV show?

J
JDHasty Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Snark only goes so far and you have ridden that tired horse about as far as it will go

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Snark only goes so far and you have ridden that tired horse about as far as it will go

Speaking of beating a dead horse, why don't you post the Washington game statute again?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[video:youtube]AERwgNvgMmc[/video]

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
J
JDHasty Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

609 members (12344mag, 160user, 1minute, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 67 invisible), 3,126 guests, and 1,222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,535
Posts18,453,012
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.