Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
J
JDHasty Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php/topic,188769.0.html

The thread is a mess, but all the information is in there.

Skip to page 46 Reply # 1126 if you want to start with the post that let the cat out of the bag. Those of us who already knew were keeping it quiet and waiting for the Prosecutor's Office to announce it. But here it is.

Re: raffle tag bull-poached?
« Reply #1126 on: April 30, 2016, 08:17:22 PM »
Someone has an arraignment for one count of Big Game Hunt 2nd degree under RCW 77.15.410.1. It's on May 9, 2016 at 8:30 AM in Lower Kittitas District Court. Looks like his notice was returned so he may have not received his arraignment notice. I hope one of his buddies on here tells him so his attorney can waive arraignment so he doesn't have to go over or get a warrant. The charge is under subsection (1) below:

RCW 77.15.410
Unlawful hunting of big game—Penalty.
(1) A person is guilty of unlawful hunting of big game in the second degree if the person:
(a) Hunts for, takes, or possesses big game and the person does not have and possess all licenses, tags, or permits required under this title; or
(b) Violates any department rule regarding seasons, bag or possession limits, closed areas including game reserves, closed times, or any other rule governing the hunting, taking, or possession of big game.
(2) A person is guilty of unlawful hunting of big game in the first degree if the person commits the act described in subsection (1) of this section and:
(a) The person hunts for, takes, or possesses three or more big game animals within the same course of events; or
(b) The act occurs within five years of the date of a prior conviction under this title involving unlawful hunting, killing, possessing, or taking big game.
(3)(a) Unlawful hunting of big game in the second degree is a gross misdemeanor. Upon conviction of an offense involving killing or possession of big game taken during a closed season, closed area, without the proper license, tag, or permit using an unlawful method, or in excess of the bag or possession limit, the department shall revoke all of the person's hunting licenses and tags and order a suspension of the person's hunting privileges for two years.
(b) Unlawful hunting of big game in the first degree is a class C felony. Upon conviction, the department shall revoke all of the person's hunting licenses or tags and order the person's hunting privileges suspended for ten years.
(4) For the purposes of this section, "same course of events" means within one twenty-four hour period, or a pattern of conduct composed of a series of acts that are unlawful under subsection (1) of this section, over a period of time evidencing a continuity of purpose.

GB1

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bro, we need a reader's digest synopsis.

J
JDHasty Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
He shot a 400+ elk in a GMU closed to branch antler bull hunting.

I know the thread is a mess, a long hot mess, but I just don't have it in me at this time to post a synopsis at this time.

This is going to reverberate throughout the hunting comunity once word gets out.

Hopefully the threads we had that are much more concise, that were locked or secreted away out of the public view, will be back soon.

Bottom line is if convicted this offense invokes IWVC and that means a two year minimum time out from buying Auction Tags.

By the way, he purchased the E Washington & the Pennsylvania 2016 tags at the RMEF Banquet a couple weeks ago.

Last edited by JDHasty; 05/05/16.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I don't have time to figure out what that's all about.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
J
JDHasty Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I don't have time to figure out what that's all about.

I know. I am sorry. I will try to put something short together when I get time, but that will be a few days at least.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
WTF is this some kind of mystery game?

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
J
JDHasty Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
No, not at all - to get up to speed on his history, if you don't recognize the name do an internet search and type in Todd Reichert Elk and the search engine will suggest:

Related searches
Tod Reichert Illegal Elk
New World Record Elk
Biggest Elk in the World

This guy has been participating in Tag Auctions for a long time.

He and Jon Wick were also charged w/multiple gross misdemeanors and felonies related to a hunt in Washington's Blue Mountains in 2007 in which he used the Washington Governor's Auction Tag. Both plead guilty in 2012 to some of the charges and others were dismissed. You can search this case online and get up to speed on it.

Last year Mr Reichert bought one Washington State Auction Tag and won a three species SE Washington Raffle Tag and then proceeded to kill a monster bull in GMU 334, Ellensburg, which is closed to branch antler bull hunting specifically excluded from the areas in which Mr Reicherts tag was valid for.

The info is spread throughout the thread I linked to and it is a hot mess. There were/are other threads that were nuked and some should/may reappear when/after it is possible to make sure they do not contain any libelous or other actionable postings in them.

As of the 21st Mr Reichert has been charged w/Unlawful Taking of Big Game II and if found guilty or pleads out that will invoke the IWVC suspension of hunting privileges.

Last edited by JDHasty; 05/05/16.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Only in a place like WA would an auction tag not be good statewide.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bellydeep

Ain't that the truth.

You should see the fishing regs if you want a real laugh. Throw the wagon burners in the mix and it's a regular goat rodeo.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
J
JDHasty Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Originally Posted by MadMooner

Ain't that the truth.

You should see the fishing regs if you want a real laugh. Throw the wagon burners in the mix and it's a regular goat rodeo.

It is a Raffle Tag, not an Auction Tag, and it is good for any area that is open to hunting of branched antler bulls statewide:

(a) Season dates: September 1 - December 31

(b) Hunt Area: Eastern Washington EXCEPT GMU 157, those GMUs closed to elk hunting, and those GMUs not opened to branch antlered bull elk hunting by the fish and wildlife commission.

FWIW, this same guy did purchase one of the Auction Tags in 2015 too. If anybody should be intimately familiar with this restriction, it would be this guy.

Last edited by JDHasty; 05/06/16.
IC B3

J
JDHasty Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
"Here is the bull after it was shot and hauled off whole, then placed in a open unit for pics and dressing. Also a pic of the rack."

Photos of bull on post 428, 429 & the Auction Tag bull he shot in 2015 in another area is posted in post #437

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It sounds like a light penalty for a trophy elk and repeat offenses.
Was he actually charged and is there credible evidence?

J
JDHasty Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Charges were filed on the 21st of April. The evidence is very solid. It will take some fancy legal footwork to get him out of this. He has retained a heavy hitter out of Spokane to represent him. To get it up to First degree would have been a non-starter and then he isn't a "repeat offender" because he negotiated a non game violation plea deal on the 2007 case. The best we can hope for is two years of suspended privileges and accompanying IWVC. The Prosecutor's Office seems to be cognizant that the sportsmen of the State are for the most part furious and also that they see the IWVC hit as what it will take to get this behavior stopped.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
In my state the Samson law would attach a $20K fine to a trophy animal violation. I think that would apply to invalid unit.
The invalid unit part can sometimes be tough to prosecute because who is to say how far the animal traveled until it fell.
The aspect of dragging any conservation organization fundraiser (auction or raffle) into it is nauseating.

J
JDHasty Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Funny you should mention that: It did travel outside of the closed GMU into an open GMU before being field dressed.

It had to travel across a couple sections of land to get to an open GMU boundary.... but it didn't travel to an open GMU under under it's own power.

GMU = 334 you can map it here.

http://wdfw.wa.gov/hunting/gmu/sear...;search=Ellensburg&orderby=PlaceName

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Idaho also raffles off special tags called superhunts. They're good in any hunt in the state but the season in that hunt must be open and all animal size & sex regulations must be followed. If you choose to use it in a spike only hunt, you're restricted to spikes only. Most winners naturally use them in high percentage trophy hunts.

― George Orwell

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
My God you're a idiot JD... you do have issues man!!

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
The governors tag in Washington gets abused every year. There was the the guy that was caught spotting elk out of a helicopter which landed close to where they had observed a big bull, the tag holder got out of the heli which took off and he and his guide shot the bull.

Then there was the tag holder that was living in another part of the state that had several guides looking for a certain bull and when they found it out in the national forest off private ground. They called him at his residence, he got in his private jet flew up to the closest airport and was then transported to the site where he killed the bull took pictures with everybody and then returned to the airport to fly to New Mexico for another hunt.

There was also the tag holder that paid a certain guide service to make sure that a particular bull was watched all late summer and if any of the draw tag holders got close to finding it the guides would interfere with them so as not to get close enough to it to take it.

Washington Fish and Game is not going to kill their cash bull tag. They are getting anywhere from $40,000 to $70,000 for these tags. All of these above were investigated but was swept under the table so as not to irritate the Governors tag auction. These guys show up in our mountains with their army's and disrupt everyone elses hunt and don't really give a rats rear end because they are only there to kill a monster bull and have their picture taken, then move on to their next hunt in some other state.

I have personally dealt with some of these guys and they believe that they are above the law because they hold "The Governors Tag". Most of the governors tag holders don't usually do any scouting for a bull. The WDFG shoots video of some of the trophy bulls in the state showing how big of trophy's are available then the winner usually hires some big guide service or local scabs that would turn their mother in for J walking to locate the bulls and sit on them until they can get there to kill it.

The sad thing also is the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation wraps their arms around these guys and say how great they are because of the donations they give them. If I sound bitter against these guys I am, because I have watched them ruin hunts for guys that have waited years for the opportunity to hunt a trophy bull. But because they can come in and "Buy" a tag anytime they want to spend the money screw the working guy.

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There was also the tag holder that paid a certain guide service to make sure that a particular bull was watched all late summer and if any of the draw tag holders got close to finding it the guides would interfere with them so as not to get close enough to it to take it.
That sounds like the Spider bull that was killed in UT a few years ago. I read somewhere that the guy had over $100K invested before he shot it. It was the world record at the time but I don't know if it still holds it or not.

― George Orwell

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
A five-minute Google search reveals Mr. Reichert to be a rich trophy hunter with an unscrupulous zeal for killing large elk. Big deal. sleep

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
That sounds like the Spider bull that was killed in UT a few years ago. I read somewhere that the guy had over $100K invested before he shot it. It was the world record at the time but I don't know if it still holds it or not.

I heard that same thing but what I was referring to happened in my neck of the woods.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by PrimeBeef
A five-minute Google search reveals Mr. Reichert to be a rich trophy hunter with an unscrupulous zeal for killing large elk. Big deal. sleep

You correct PrimeBeef in that it is no big deal except they usually screw up a hunt that some guy or gal has waited 20 years for and they swoop in and muck it up for them without a care in the world.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by JDHasty
No, not at all - to get up to speed on his history, if you don't recognize the name do an internet search and type in Todd Reichert Elk and the search engine will suggest:

Related searches
Tod Reichert Illegal Elk
New World Record Elk
Biggest Elk in the World

He and Jon Wick were also charged w/multiple gross misdemeanors and felonies related to a hunt in Washington's Blue Mountains in 2007 in which he used the Washington Governor's Auction Tag. Both plead guilty in 2012 to some of the charges and others were dismissed. You can search this case online and get up to speed on it.

Last year Mr Reichert bought one Washington State Auction Tag and won a three species SE Washington Raffle Tag and then proceeded to kill a monster bull in GMU 334, Ellensburg, which is closed to branch antler bull hunting specifically excluded from the areas in which Mr Reicherts tag was valid for.

The info is spread throughout the thread I linked to and it is a hot mess. There were/are other threads that were nuked and some should/may reappear when/after it is possible to make sure they do not contain any libelous or other actionable postings in them.

As of the 21st Mr Reichert has been charged w/Unlawful Taking of Big Game II and if found guilty or pleads out that will invoke the IWVC suspension of hunting privileges.

So what...and why exactly are you acting like you just caught him f_cking your wife with your cat?

You protest too loud.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JSTUART
[quote=JDHasty]No, not at all - to get up to speed on his history, if you don't recognize the name do an internet search and type in Todd Reichert Elk and the search engine will suggest:

Related searches
Tod Reichert Illegal Elk
New World Record Elk
Biggest Elk in the World

So is the Boone & Crockett Club doing anything about removing his records from their big game records book B&C?

Sounds like if the Boone & Crockett Club proactively removed all poachers and scanned for likely illegal submissions better, there would be less incentive to violate the game laws.

Monster Whitetails are Awesome!!!
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Todd also pays big money i.e. Helps fund about three game halks wages each year. The op is a [bleep] jealous [bleep] very common in lib WA. A guy that pays 60k for an elk tag should be able to shoot the elk he wants at pike place market if needed.

Last edited by fredIII; 05/07/16.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by brooksrange

So is the Boone & Crockett Club doing anything about removing his records from their big game records book B&C?

Sounds like if the Boone & Crockett Club proactively removed all poachers and scanned for likely illegal submissions better, there would be less incentive to violate the game laws.

Yes, if there is credible evidence the kill doesn't meet their fair chase standards the B&C won't accept the head or will remove it from the record book.

They have done it many times before.

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yep. I knew a guy whose new world record grizzly was removed because AK game department determined that he had violated regulations that protect streams and riparian habitats.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
This is going to reverberate throughout the hunting comunity once word gets out.

Seems like it won't.

What's the rationale for not allowing the hunting of branch-antlered bulls in a particular area?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by smokepole

Seems like it won't.

What's the rationale for not allowing the hunting of branch-antlered bulls in a particular area?

My info is dated by 20 years but when I lived and hunted out there the intent was to grow some bigger elk and they figured that by only taking spike bulls anything a little older would walk.

How's it worked? No clue but I will say WA state has the most f'ed up game and fish regulations of any state I've hunted in. I am damn careful to follow the law and I am sure I violated something every year in WA simply because of their complexity.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
So the idea would be to close the area for a period of time, then re-open it after the bulls had grown to maturity and allow some of the animals to be taken?

If that's the rationale, and the bulls had grown up, it seems kind of silly not to let the governor's tag owner hunt there.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I propose it is a conspiracy out of Seattle to increase the supply of sheds. This would lower aphrodisiac costs to Seattle's users.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So the idea would be to close the area for a period of time, then re-open it after the bulls had grown to maturity and allow some of the animals to be taken?

If that's the rationale, and the bulls had grown up, it seems kind of silly not to let the governor's tag owner hunt there.

Can't argue with that logic but as I said, logic and what came out of Olympia seem to be alien concepts to each other. Washington was a great state that has been brought down by a single city. A common theme across this country.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Hardly the kind of stuff that will "reverberate throughout the hunting community."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Flaccid in Seattle. Would start riots!

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Pugs

My info is dated by 20 years but when I lived and hunted out there the intent was to grow some bigger elk and they figured that by only taking spike bulls anything a little older would walk.

How's it worked? No clue but I will say WA state has the most f'ed up game and fish regulations of any state I've hunted in. I am damn careful to follow the law and I am sure I violated something every year in WA simply because of their complexity.

No, not that I'm aware of.

What has worked in the areas/states is protecting spikes allowing the bulls to become a little bit older and wiser. In Colorado that management scheme increased the average age by roughly two years in a relatively short time.

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
J
JDHasty Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
So says the poacher's buddy. Yes I do have issues with people who are serial game law violators and I also have issues with those who defend them.

And funny the spider bull should come up, the characters who were involved in this BS had some of Doyle Moss' crew in EBurg scouting this very bull until they were told to knock it off.

P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Since the guy shot a 400+ bull it seems the restrictions are working.

However, I have no sympathy for someone who hunted where it was illegal.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by prm
I have no sympathy for someone who hunted where it was illegal.

I don't either, but this is not the kind of thing that will "reverberate throughout the hunting community."

J
JDHasty Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Originally Posted by prm
I have no sympathy for someone who hunted where it was illegal.

I don't either, but this is not the kind of thing that will "reverberate throughout the hunting community."

There were plenty of defenders who said he will not be charged, we shall see.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I thought charges had been filed? What are we waiting to see?

The thing that perplexes me is how anyone who calls himself a hunter can think that taking an animal illegally, or with a phalanx of spotters is an accomplishment. I think it's a sad reflection on the "hunter."

Other than that, it's not news.

J
JDHasty Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
I thought charges had been filed? What are we waiting to see?

The thing that perplexes me is how anyone who calls himself a hunter can think that taking an animal illegally, or with a phalanx of spotters is an accomplishment. I think it's a sad reflection on the "hunter."

Other than that, it's not news.

Yes charges have been filed. We shall see if this reverberates throughout the hunting community.

J
JDHasty Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
With attitudes like this (see below) being expressed by participants in these Auction Tag opportunities, it would not surprise me if there were not serious changes made to how these opportunities are managed in the future.

Re: raffle tag bull-poached?
« Reply #887 on: April 21, 2016, 01:18:45 PM »
My guess is Todd is not worried that much about being prosecuted since he bought the WA eastside elk tag ($75k) at the RMEF auction a couple of nights ago as well as the Pennsylvania auction elk tag.

The public is not going to have, and should not have, violators rubbing their face in what they have been up to and publicly daring them to do something about it.

Last edited by JDHasty; 05/09/16.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
You are a whinny jealous [bleep]!!!, what great donations have you made as of late. You Tacoma [bleep] would best just stay in your scum hole and let the men take care of the hunting. Get a life go back to wa hunting forum and talk your chit.
Ps GFY

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Fred please.....tell us how you really feel.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
And just what are you gonna do about Tods "buddy"??? Go whine over on hunt wa about the Argos, darners, moss' and riecherts, whinning biatch....

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If the guy broke the law then he needs to face the music.

Gerry.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Perhaps, Perry mason should tell the whole story, not just what she's heard....

Ain’t easy havin pals.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Angus1895
Fred please.....tell us how you really feel.

These Obama voters from up north think the own the state and all the elk and deer in it.

The same bunch of [bleep] are trying to get deer and elk baiting banned. They vote out hounds and trapping and you know what fuuuuuuuuuuuck them.

J
JDHasty Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Judman, posting as Cboom, managed a 30 day suspension from Hunt WA subsequent to a meltdown and freakout after Reichert was charged. I would put Reichert in the same category as Sam Argo and time will tell if he is another "Darner" and all of his trophies are to be viewed with the pitty that those of Darner's now are.

What is telling is the passion and emotion that some individuals put into defending game law violaters.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
We shall see if this reverberates throughout the hunting community.

It's not even reverberating throughout this forum.

J
JDHasty Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J

Yet.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Yet.

Yes...we have worked out that you are agitating for some reason or other, so what is wrong does he have more than you.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Judman, posting as Cboom, managed a 30 day suspension from Hunt WA subsequent to a meltdown and freakout after Reichert was charged. I would put Reichert in the same category as Sam Argo and time will tell if he is another "Darner" and all of his trophies are to be viewed with the pitty that those of Darner's now are.

What is telling is the passion and emotion that some individuals put into defending game law violaters.

Wrong, again...

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Yet.

If you had taken a deep breath as well as the time to present the facts in a rational and reasoning manner (rather than going full-Kawi in multiple posts), it may have gotten some traction. smile

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted By JDHasty

Exactly.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
J
JDHasty Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
I am not terribly concerned that the story is not getting traction right now, it will in due time.

There is an old saying that goes something like this: Discovery is a bitch.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Especially when you discover that no one gives a fig.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
you're a broke dik [bleep] that gets a kick out of trying to out a guy that has donated more in the name of big game hunting than your entire life worth.
You sad little bitch hunt wa forum is like a [bleep] waiting for a dick to suck. You better hurry back and try to get a taste.

J
JDHasty Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Real time spotting of elk from a helicopter in 2007, plead guilty to lying to federal authorities in that case. That was in connection w/an Auction Tag hunt.

Charged w/Unlawful Hunting of Big Game in the Second Degree in 2015. This was in connection w/a Raffle Tag hunt.

The guy's a real peach.

WAC 232-12-057

Hunting with aid of aircraft, boats or other vehicles.

(1) It is unlawful to use aircraft to spot, locate or report the location of wildlife for the purpose of hunting; except as authorized by a permit issued by the director.
(2) It is unlawful to hunt wildlife from a vehicle, aircraft, except as authorized by a permit issued by the director, or from a boat propelled by motor unless the motor of such boat has been completely shut off and its progress has ceased.
(3) It is unlawful to use a vehicle, aircraft, or motor-propelled boat for the purpose of pursuing, concentrating, or harassing any wild animal or wild bird.
(4) It is unlawful to hunt big game on the day one was airborne in an aircraft, except on a regularly scheduled commercial airline flight.

Last edited by JDHasty; 05/10/16.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
You must have seen the whole thing. he was ticketed for not waiting 24 hours the guide had the bull spotted the helicopter just got him to camp and he never waited 24 hr. Yes he broke the law and he payed his fine what is your hard on for him. You sound like a jealous prick. You can't afford to play with the big boys so you slander them on the web in an attempt to make your self think you could to!!! if you had a fckn nickel to your name. You city pukes ruined this state with your bullshit. Go back to hunt wa Forum where they protect the feelings of little bitches like you. A one month suspension would be the funniest fckn thing ever (oh no I can't make fun of whining kccuunts for a whole month!!!!! What will I do?!! ). To funny

J
JDHasty Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Originally Posted by fredIII
You must have seen the whole thing. he was ticketed for not waiting 24 hours the guide had the bull spotted the helicopter just got him to camp and he never waited 24 hr. Yes he broke the law and he payed his fine what is your hard on for him. You sound like a jealous prick. You can't afford to play with the big boys so you slander them on the web in an attempt to make your self think you could to!!! if you had a fckn nickel to your name. You city pukes ruined this state with your bullshit. Go back to hunt wa Forum where they protect the feelings of little bitches like you. A one month suspension would be the funniest fckn thing ever (oh no I can't make fun of whining kccuunts for a whole month!!!!! What will I do?!! ). To funny

And you would think that would have served as a "wake-up call" for him.

And I do believe that if you do your research that the individuals investigating this 2007 violation concluded that the guide had a helicopter pretty much in the air spotting elk every day that they were out hunting. IIRC there were multiple state and federal, misdemeanor and felony charges.

Trophy elk hunter tagged for hiring helicopter, lying

Reichert also hired a helicopter service to spot elk for the hunt, which is unlawful in Washington and many other states, said Michael C. Ormsby, United States Attorney for the Eastern District of Washington.

In December 2007, Reichert killed a trophy elk in the Umatilla National Forest with Wick’s assistance outside the area the Forest Service had authorized Wick to provide outfitter-guiding services.

Reichert later falsely claimed that Wick had provided no professional services during the hunt or been paid any money for his services, Ormsby said.

http://www.columbian.com/news/2012/jul/23/trophy-elk-hunter-tagged-hiring-helicopter-lying/

J
JDHasty Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Spokesman Review

Trophy elk hunter tagged for lying
OUTLAW – Outback Outfitters guide Jon C. Wick, 46, of Summerville, Ore., and Tod L. Reichert, 72, of Salkum, Wash., have pleaded guilty to criminal violations in a 2007 Blue Mountains elk hunt involving Washington’s coveted “Governor’s tag.”

Reichert purchased the any-bull auction tag and hired Wick’s guiding service.

Violations include using a helicopter to spot elk for the hunt, guiding outside the outfitter’s licensed area, and lying to enforcement officers.

Reichert’s sentence includes a $5,000 fine and two years’ probation during which he cannot enter a national forest.

"using a helicopter to spot elk for the hunt" is not different in degree, it is different in kind than "not waiting 24 hours the guide had the bull spotted the helicopter just got him to camp and he never waited 24 hr"

J
JDHasty Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
"Reichert also hired a helicopter service that Wick used to spot elk in aid of the hunt, which is unlawful in Washington State."

http://www.wallowa.com/20121024/outfitter-guide-sentenced

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
JDHasty
Registered on 09/09/2012
11 posts from 09/09/2012 through 04/02/2014
19 posts since 05/05/2016 and going

Interesting.

When its time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to get on Noah's Arc... and brother, it is starting to rain!

The chair is against the wall.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Creepy little bromance you have here John, go back to hunt-wa, you have many more supporters over there... HINT

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
JDHasty Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
You are entitled to your own opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.

"I have learned two things in 32 years of being a wildlife conservation officer. Violators lie when they get caught and they lie after they are convicted to minimize their role in the violation, and even when the truth comes out of them, it is rarely the whole truth."
John S.

Apologists would have people believe that the helicopter usage was limited to airlifting an aging hunter into camp. Go up a few posts and see for yourself if that is not what is being implied. There is absolutely nothing in the public record that supports such a conclusion.

The evidence strongly supported the case that while the helicopter may have used to transport the hunter to camp, the helicopter was retained as much for the purpose of locating elk as it was for transport and the inconvenient truth is that the helicopter was in fact used for real-time elk spotting.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I nailed the liberal [bleep] puke for sure a wildlife conservation officer is code word for park nark. You will have a lot of crow to eat if Todd is not convicted but a guy at the race track in "eburg " would be a great source. Get a phuucknlifeyou scummy pos.

Last edited by fredIII; 05/10/16.
J
JDHasty Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Are you suggesting that my buddy, who I attended the stock car races in Yakima w/last Friday evening with, who grew up in the Kittitas Valley, who's family is fourth generation in the Kittitas Valley, has been peeing on my leg re: how this whole sorry episode went down?

If you follow how this has played out so far, there is nothing in the public record to support that conclusion and every indication that it is you who has been being dry-shaved by the someone who you trusted as legitimate.

Now, that being said, a small amount of what I have been told has been what was being bragged about about in the local watering holes of eBurg after the "hunt" but before those involved in the "hunt" were told to STFU about it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hasty - are related to cumminscowboy per chance?

Before you completely outdrive your headlights, just for shiggles, google Coffin v. United States, 156 U.S. 432 and report your findings on its relevance to your OP.

WWP53D
J
JDHasty Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
The drivin' be slow and the headlights be bright.

The man was charged and the gist of my reference to the earlier episode is that a prudent man would have never been allowed himself to be put in the position to have charges filed after getting what amounted to a pass on that one.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

The man was charged

Precisely; charged.

Report back when there's a conviction and you can have your day in the sun. Until then, find some shade and give it a rest.

WWP53D
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
He will get a pass on this one as well. 75,000$ to the RMEF. Not to mention at least 50,000$ a year to fish and game. Not to mention the nearly 1,000,000$ worth of tags he has bought in the last 25 years I think he might know someone or something. And you never mentioned what your great generous donations have been to big game hunting. Let's hear what makes you so holy. Or why you have the right to out a guy that has not been convicted based on hear say at a race track and a bar. You Tacoma guys are a joke of the least funny order.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Hey dumbhasty, wasn't OJ "charged"?? You poor stupid tatle tale sonafabitch.... wow+p

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
JDHasty Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Well now, how's all your denying he was even in GMU 334 workin' out for ya'? How's your assurances that there would be no charges filed been workin' out for ya'? How's all your smash mouth been workin' out for ya'? Not so well, has it?

You were the two dumbasses who called me out when you should have let sleeping dogs lie. The problem you have is that I have my facts straight.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
It's Tods fault some stupid dumb sonafabitch from wdfw such as yourself gave him permission to kill it with a musket which th e unit was designated for??? Shut your cockholster dummy.....

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
JDHasty Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Originally Posted by Judman
It's Tods fault some stupid dumb sonafabitch from wdfw such as yourself gave him permission to kill it with a musket which th e unit was designated for??? Shut your cockholster dummy.....

I happen to know who you are trying to implicate and guess what? The brother of someone you are calling a "stupid dumb sonafabitch" happens to also be a good friend of mine. In fact he and I were hanging out yesterday.

Keep digging dimwit.

GMU 334 has firearm restrictions south of the canal. It has no ML season. It is closed to branch antler bulls period. The General i.e. modern firearm season is true spike only and the archery season is true spike or antlerless. The Raffle Tag was not valid in that unit period, ever. It spells that out in the Game Regs. The one simple, unambiguous sentence in bold below is the controlling legal authority.

WAC 232-28-283
Big game and wild turkey auction, raffle, and special incentive permits.

(21) SOUTH-CENTRAL WASHINGTON BIG GAME RAFFLE PERMIT
(a) Bag limit: One additional any bull elk, one additional any buck deer, and one California bighorn sheep ram; total harvest not to exceed three animals.
(b) Hunt Area: For elk, any 300 or 500 series GMU EXCEPT those GMUs closed to elk hunting and those GMUs not open to branch antlered bull elk hunting by the fish and wildlife commission. For deer, any 300 or 500 series GMU EXCEPT those GMUs closed to deer hunting by the fish and wildlife commission. For California bighorn sheep, the director is authorized to select areas open for this hunt based on population objectives, harvest objectives, and recent harvest parameters as identified by the department. The selection of hunt areas will be made no later than December 1 for the following year, and will be posted on the department's web site no later than January 1. For bighorn sheep, any bighorn herd located south of U.S. Highway 2 in Chelan County and west of the Columbia River in Kittitas and Yakima counties.
(c) Season dates: September 1 - December 31
(d) Weapon: Any legal weapon.
(e) Number of permit hunters selected: 1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Tell me why this is news again?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Is 334 open to any elk hunting? Any? Archery? Muzzleloader? Anything?

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
JDHasty Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
He will get a pass on this one as well. 75,000$ to the RMEF. Not to mention at least 50,000$ a year to fish and game. Not to mention the nearly 1,000,000$ worth of tags he has bought in the last 25 years I think he might know someone or something. And you never mentioned what your great generous donations have been to big game hunting. Let's hear what makes you so holy. Or why you have the right to out a guy that has not been convicted based on hear say at a race track and a bar. You Tacoma guys are a joke of the least funny order.

Hey there smart guy: You just made the case that Todd Reichert has no excuse. No one has more experience with these opportunities than Todd. By God, he's bought north of a Million $mackeroos worth of these type of tags over the last quarter century.

I think you might have just got yourself kicked off the defense team.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Ooops looks like it is.... grin

Last edited by Judman; 05/10/16.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T

I don't have a dog in this fight but I am getting a little tired of your continual references to how much this guy has donated. Did I miss something new the regulations that if you donate a certain amount then the rules/laws no longer apply to you?

You guys all need to let this rest, the proof will be in the proverbial pudding.

J
JDHasty Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Hunt Area: For elk, any 300 or 500 series GMU EXCEPT those GMUs closed to elk hunting and those GMUs not open to branch antlered bull elk hunting by the fish and wildlife commission.

This is how that statement is interpreted:

Hunt Area: For elk, any 300 or 500 series GMU
EXCEPT those GMUs closed to elk hunting and EXCEPT those GMUs not open to branch antlered bull elk hunting by the fish and wildlife commission.

Not:

Hunt Area: For elk, any 300 or 500 series GMU EXCEPT those GMUs closed to elk hunting as well as not open to branch antlered bull elk hunting.

That little trick has already been tried and has been found wanting by the Courts. "Closed to elk hunting" already makes those areas "not open to branch antlered elk hunting."

J
JDHasty Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Originally Posted by ToddNEWY

I don't have a dog in this fight but I am getting a little tired of your continual references to how much this guy has donated. Did I miss something new the regulations that if you donate a certain amount then the rules/laws no longer apply to you?

You guys all need to let this rest, the proof will be in the proverbial pudding.

At the end of the day that is all they have and so you just have to accept that they will continue to circle back to it. It gets redundant, but just to warn you, they will be back there sooner rather than later.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Looks like 334 is open to bull hunting, albeit muzzleloader and early spike BULL, with permission from wdfw, you don't want me on that jury!! Laffin

J
JDHasty Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
How many winning Raffle chances for this South Central Big Game Raffle did Todd Reichert purchase?

He bought one winning ticket and only one winning ticket.

That means he paid $17 for the Raffle chance and that is all he paid for this winning ticket.

The Law doesn't care how many loosing chances he purchased and as a matter of fact he has no more right than would somebody's grandmother who had only spent $17 on WDFW Raffle opportunities in her lifetime and for that $17 had bought a single ticket and he has no more right than her to go outside or beyond what is allowed in for in WAC 232-28-283 Big game and wild turkey auction, raffle, and special incentive permit winners.

Nor do any of his past, present or future contributions factor in. They may factor in if and when it comes time to consider a just penalty, but they do not influence guilt or innocence in this case.

J
JDHasty Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Looks like 334 is open to bull hunting, albeit muzzleloader and early spike BULL, with permission from wdfw, you don't want me on that jury!! Laffin

The prosecution would not even need to "burn a peremptory" to excuse the likes of you from any jury pool involving game law violation. You would be tossed for cause.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Lots of grey, or is it gray?? Laffin

Ain’t easy havin pals.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
What pississ you off more the fact that todd killed the elk or you did not have the chops to become a game warden. just imagine if you would have made the cut and could bust the big bad poacher your self. Tell your wife I said she's welcome.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

That bull was a few miles from my house and I have pics of him
On game cams. Moss's crew are dbags

Shame that bull was taken using unethical methods

So says the poacher's buddy. Yes I do have issues with people who are serial game law violators and I also have issues with those who defend them.

And funny the spider bull should come up, the characters who were involved in this BS had some of Doyle Moss' crew in EBurg scouting this very bull until they were told to knock it off.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I know very little about the hunt in question. My response to the op is based on the pugettroplis pukes that have done everything possible to screw up hunting in this state. The liberal BS and laws they have pushed pissmeoff. you can bet a years wages the op voted for obummer, Inslee, goldmark,he has attended at least two gay weddings and hates assault weapons. Its the MO up north and this POS fits the bill to a T. He is the kinda prick that calls the cops if you have music playing past 9 and mows his lawn at 6 in the am.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
You guys should get a room.

J
JDHasty Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
I know very little about the hunt in question. My response to the op is based on the pugettroplis pukes that have done everything possible to screw up hunting in this state. The liberal BS and laws they have pushed pissmeoff. you can bet a years wages the op voted for obummer, Inslee, goldmark,he has attended at least two gay weddings and hates assault weapons. Its the MO up north and this POS fits the bill to a T. He is the kinda prick that calls the cops if you have music playing past 9 and mows his lawn at 6 in the am.

It is rather interesting how the little brown-noser suckups come out of the woodwork to defend these serial game law violators so long as they are high net income individuals or celebrities.

There a small percentage of regular participants in these Auctions and "flood" game Tag Raffles with mass buys who I refer to the "usual suspects."

It seems that when they are involved, all too often controversy raises it's ugly head. And when they are once again in trouble w/the law - by God here comes a whole contingent of crackpots ready to defend them.

The violation in this case is so obvious that at best extremely poor judgement was used. It is either that or there was a deliberate and systematic effort that set out from the beginning to poach one of these monster bulls that reside in GMU 334 and only rarely do they leave GMU 334.

Those who are defending this act are defending the indefensible.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
And nobody gives a sh** about it except you three.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
ToddNEWY,

Did I miss something new the regulations that if you donate a certain amount then the rules/laws no longer apply to you?

You think some are not above the law? Look at Hillary. In fact almost any Democrat.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
J
JDHasty Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J

And you. You obviously GAS or you would not keep coming here to post how much you don't GAS.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
You guys should get a room.

Once again,smokepole re to cock talk....

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
JDHasty Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Not only unethical, totally taken well within a unit that was closed and off limits to that Tag. That makes it poached.

Originally Posted by ribka

That bull was a few miles from my house and I have pics of him
On game cams. Moss's crew are dbags

Shame that bull was taken using unethical methods

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

And you. You obviously GAS or you would not keep coming here to post how much you don't GAS.

No, I'd just like you to STFU. This forum is not your personal place to grind your axe.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Oh, OK!! Laffin

Looks like someone else is doin the grinding but in your usual fashion, you got get right in the middle of it...

keep the cock talk to a minimum please.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
JDHasty Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J

No, I'd just like you to STFU. This forum is not your personal place to grind your axe.

Oh woe is me... .. . woe is me. You came here of your own volition and you keep coming back and it is making you uncomfortable to visit this thread.

Here's a suggestion: Go pound sand.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Say what you want on the internet, big guy.

If you'd come on here and said "this guy is a d-bag and I want everyone to know what he did" I'd have respected that.

But you didn't. You whined like a little girl and said it was something that would "reverberate throughout the hunting community" which just goes to show that you have no clue about such things.

It's a state game law violation where one animal was taken illegally. The only people who care about that are locals.

So GFY.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Ahhhh we finally agree...

Ain’t easy havin pals.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Not true, we agreed once before, back in '13.

And next time you post, get the thread name right (hint)

J
JDHasty Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Say what you want on the internet, big guy.

If you'd come on here and said "this guy is a d-bag and I want everyone to know what he did" I'd have respected that.

But you didn't. You whined like a little girl and said it was something that would "reverberate throughout the hunting community" which just goes to show that you have no clue about such things.

It's a state game law violation where one animal was taken illegally. The only people who care about that are locals.

So GFY.

Not true. There are people in other States who do have an interest in how this plays out.

What he is charged with is Unlawful Hunting of Big Game II

RCW 77.15.410
Unlawful hunting of big game—Penalty.
(1) A person is guilty of unlawful hunting of big game in the second degree if the person:
(a) Hunts for, takes, or possesses big game and the person does not have and possess all licenses, tags, or permits required under this title; or
(b) Violates any department rule regarding seasons, bag or possession limits, closed areas including game reserves, closed times, or any other rule governing the hunting, taking, or possession of big game.
(2) A person is guilty of unlawful hunting of big game in the first degree if the person commits the act described in subsection (1) of this section and:
(a) The person hunts for, takes, or possesses three or more big game animals within the same course of events; or
(b) The act occurs within five years of the date of a prior conviction under this title involving unlawful hunting, killing, possessing, or taking big game.
(3)(a) Unlawful hunting of big game in the second degree is a gross misdemeanor. Upon conviction of an offense involving killing or possession of big game taken during a closed season, closed area, without the proper license, tag, or permit using an unlawful method, or in excess of the bag or possession limit, the department shall revoke all of the person's hunting licenses and tags and order a suspension of the person's hunting privileges for two years.
(b) Unlawful hunting of big game in the first degree is a class C felony. Upon conviction, the department shall revoke all of the person's hunting licenses or tags and order the person's hunting privileges suspended for ten years.
(4) For the purposes of this section, "same course of events" means within one twenty-four hour period, or a pattern of conduct composed of a series of acts that are unlawful under subsection (1) of this section, over a period of time evidencing a continuity of purpose.

Got that smart guy? If not let me spell it out for you.

If your buddy Todd pleads guilty or is convicted the State of Washington SHALL revoke all of Todd's hunting licenses and tags and order a suspension of Todd's hunting privileges for two years.

Which would invoke provisions in the Interstate Wildlife Violator Compact IWVC https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstate_Wildlife_Violator_Compact
and that would result in your buddy Todd losing his hunting privileges for two years in all of the other States that are members.

Last edited by JDHasty; 05/11/16.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
LOL, "my buddy." You dumb ass, I never heard of the guy until you started this nonsense.

J
JDHasty Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
If the judge orders pre-trial conditions on your buddy Todd that include no hunting that would give WDFW grounds to revoke your buddy Todd's 2016 Washington Auction Tag that he bid $75K for and that would give Pennsylvania grounds to invoke the IWVC on the 2016 Pennsylvania Auction Tag.

Both of these 2016 tags he claimed at the RMEF Banquet a couple weeks ago. So you see this case does have ramifications that extend well beyond the local

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Only in your little world. It affects one man, he'll pay for his mistake, as he should. If he'd bought the governor's tag in my home state and then had to forfeit it, that wouldn't affect me or other Colorado hunters one bit.

Actually, it would be a good thing for us if he had to forfeit the tag. CP&W would no doubt auction it off again, and make twice the money.

Win/win for us.

J
JDHasty Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Only in your little world. It affects one man, he'll pay for his mistake, as he should. If he'd bought the governor's tag in my home state and then had to forfeit it, that wouldn't affect me or other Colorado hunters one bit.

Actually, it would be a good thing for us if he had to forfeit the tag. CP&W would no doubt auction it off again, and make twice the money.

Win/win for us.

It affects all sportsmen when someone violates the game laws. The reason that prosecutors and judges give most often when they don't take game laws seriously is "nobody cares about game laws anyway." And it is attitudes like yours that reinforce that misconception.

I could care less if he pays for his mistake, what motivates me is that his behavior is changed and he stops violating. There is not a thing that suggests to me that his 2007 experience did anything to motivate him to change his behavior.

From what I know of that case, what was in the public record, is that his lawyer fought like hell to get the State to drop the RCW 77 charges and that he was willing to plead to "whatever" to settle the case so long as the RCW 77 charges were dropped.

What this indicates to me is: paying a fine does not matter to him one whit, his reputation doesn't seem to factor in either, BUT IWVC is like Kriptonite to him and that is because a RCW 77 conviction would result in a suspension and that would invoke IWVC.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
This guy is a liberal puke with a big hard on for trophy hunters (really he dislikes all hunters) he is a greenE lib pos. He trolls hunting sights looking for game violation and gets brownie points in his little eyes in the woods group. For any info he can get to the local game wardens. I have no beef with fish and game but these little snitching pos follow guys around trying to find them not wearing orange or having a loaded fire arm in a truck they take pics and report to the game wardens everything they can scrounge up. it's sad but the guys up north are a special kinda stupid.

PS the room only had one tooth brush 👌

J
JDHasty Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
This guy is a liberal puke with a big hard on for trophy hunters (really he dislikes all hunters) he is a greenE lib pos. He trolls hunting sights looking for game violation and gets brownie points in his little eyes in the woods group. For any info he can get to the local game wardens. I have no beef with fish and game but these little snitching pos follow guys around trying to find them not wearing orange or having a loaded fire arm in a truck they take pics and report to the game wardens everything they can scrounge up. it's sad but the guys up north are a special kinda stupid.

PS the room only had one tooth brush 👌

And handsome, you forgot handsome.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by 338Rem
JDHasty
Registered on 09/09/2012
11 posts from 09/09/2012 through 04/02/2014
19 posts since 05/05/2016 and going

Interesting.

Plus Ol' Hasty is rampaging across the internet forums about this Todd guy.........

If the hunter did something illegal, then he faces the music, but it's obvious Hasty has taken a personal interest.

Casey

Having said that, MAGA.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
The reason that prosecutors and judges give most often when they don't take game laws seriously is "nobody cares about game laws anyway." And it is attitudes like yours that reinforce that misconception.

You really are an assho**, aren't you?

I didn't say the judge should let the guy off easy now did I?

As a matter of fact, I think the judge should throw the book at this guy. I have no sympathy for him. The thing is, it's not in my state so it's really none of my business. I will leave all of that up to the people of Washington.

If you don't take care of business, you have only yourselves to blame. And I really don't give a rat's ass. Now GFY.

J
JDHasty Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Not that I feel that I owe anybody any explanation, but I will lay out exactly what motivates me.

I have personal friends who are fourth generation Kittitas Valley residents and grew up right where this bull was poached. It was not I who initially reported on the illegal aspects of the "hunt." But I did comment on what had transpired and presented facts. In response Todd Reichert's defenders responded by calling me and others liars and also posted personal attacks on my character as well as the character of others who posted factual information. In one case they even libeled an honorable man, posting abject falsehoods re: a 100% legal hunt that he had played a part in.

As of today they have not impeached one bit of what I have posted regarding Mr Reichert's hunt, or the activities of his accomplices. Every thing I have posted regarding the facts of the case have in fact been validated by others including WDFW. When I have posted an opinion I make certain that what I have posted is clearly identified as my opinion and nothing more.

Mr Reichert's defenders have maligned and defamed me and all I have done is to shine the light of truth on what transpired. On top of everything else the actors in this scheme have tried to point the finger of blame at people inside WDFW, one of whom is the brother of a personal friend of mine and a man of the utmost integrity.

So, I guess you could say that I am taking this personal at this point and I will not deny it.

As far as the Tag Auctions and those who participate in them, I have defended both, with the exception that I clearly and unambiguously stated that there is a small minority of participants, who I labeled "the usual suspects" who participate and that I would like to see a mechanism through which they were denied the privilege of participating in these Tag Auctions in the future. And yes, I emphasized the point that I was talking about a few bad actors, a "small minority" within the population of participants who are serial bad actors.

When I posted that there was a cabal who twisted my words into a pretzel in order to attack me for saying that the participants in these opportunities are game law violators and that the Tag Auctions should be eliminated and that I am jealous. Which is flat out horse crap, I never said any such thing and the fact of the matter is I have gone on record as supporting the concept of Tag Auctions.

Those are the facts Jack. Learn em'.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
It was not I who initially reported on the illegal aspects of the "hunt." But I did comment on what had transpired and presented facts. In response Todd Reichert's defenders responded by calling me and others liars and also posted personal attacks on our character. In one case they even libeled an honorable man, posting abject falsehoods re: a 100% legal hunt that he had played a part in.

It all sounds so.........dramatic.

Is it that time of the month?

J
JDHasty Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
"The thing is, it's not in my state so it's really none of my business. I will leave all of that up to the people of Washington."

I see the IWVC as an effective tool to combat serial game law violators, and I see a violator like Mr Reichert as a poster child for why it is an effective tool.

If you don't see it as an effective tool then I guess it naturally would follow that this violation would be the exclusive business of Washington State residents and sportsmen.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
You have a real flair for this. Ever thought of starting a TV show?

J
JDHasty Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Snark only goes so far and you have ridden that tired horse about as far as it will go

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Snark only goes so far and you have ridden that tired horse about as far as it will go

Speaking of beating a dead horse, why don't you post the Washington game statute again?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[video:youtube]AERwgNvgMmc[/video]

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
J
JDHasty Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Thanks, I was on the edge of my seat.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Not that I feel that I owe anybody any explanation, but I will lay out exactly what motivates me.

I have personal friends who are fourth generation Kittitas Valley residents and grew up right where this bull was poached. It was not I who initially reported on the illegal aspects of the "hunt." But I did comment on what had transpired and presented facts. In response Todd Reichert's defenders responded by calling me and others liars and also posted personal attacks on my character as well as the character of others who posted factual information. In one case they even libeled an honorable man, posting abject falsehoods re: a 100% legal hunt that he had played a part in.

As of today they have not impeached one bit of what I have posted regarding Mr Reichert's hunt, or the activities of his accomplices. Every thing I have posted regarding the facts of the case have in fact been validated by others including WDFW. When I have posted an opinion I make certain that what I have posted is clearly identified as my opinion and nothing more.

Mr Reichert's defenders have maligned and defamed me and all I have done is to shine the light of truth on what transpired. On top of everything else the actors in this scheme have tried to point the finger of blame at people inside WDFW, one of whom is the brother of a personal friend of mine and a man of the utmost integrity.

So, I guess you could say that I am taking this personal at this point and I will not deny it.

As far as the Tag Auctions and those who participate in them, I have defended both, with the exception that I clearly and unambiguously stated that there is a small minority of participants, who I labeled "the usual suspects" who participate and that I would like to see a mechanism through which they were denied the privilege of participating in these Tag Auctions in the future. And yes, I emphasized the point that I was talking about a few bad actors, a "small minority" within the population of participants who are serial bad actors.

When I posted that there was a cabal who twisted my words into a pretzel in order to attack me for saying that the participants in these opportunities are game law violators and that the Tag Auctions should be eliminated and that I am jealous. Which is flat out horse crap, I never said any such thing and the fact of the matter is I have gone on record as supporting the concept of Tag Auctions.

What an infant. Who cares?

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
J
JDHasty Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Originally Posted by BobinNH

What an infant. Who cares?

It is obvious that you do. If you didn't you wouldn't take time to read what I have posted.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I read none of it. But I know it's just more of your BS.

No time to pay attention to your childish drivel. Get a life.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Hasty you got nuked on hunt wa, creepy little infatuation you got here...

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Any update? Can the guy hunt the 2016 tags he bought or not?

A computer once beat me at chess. I then won a kickboxing contest with the same computer. So, 1-1 to date.
J
JDHasty Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
http://www.dailyrecordnews.com/memb...d0d52c4-541b-11e6-96d8-0b8324281ae2.html

They had the motion to ask the judge to recuse himself as his comments at a prior hearing indicated to the defense attorney that the 10 day rule was not applicable on this case. Normally, you have within 10 days of arraignment to file an "Affidavit of Prejudice" and ask the judge to recuse himself. After that, they don't need to and it becomes rather discretionary.

The judge denied the defense motion to recuse himself or not remove himself under the change of judge rule.

The second part of the motion was to modify conditions of release. At the previous hearing when they set conditions of release, one of the conditions was that the defendant not hunt while the case is pending. That would obviously make it impossible for him to use his auction tag this year unless there was resolution of the matter before the end of the season and the conditions of the resolution allowed hunting. The judge ruled in favor of the defense and modified conditions of release so that he may hunt while this case is pending. There is a new scheduling conference set for August 9 but I would bet the trial gets set out a ways so that some hunting can occur in Sept. before any conviction or deal is struck where the defendant can't use the tag...

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Thanks for posting that. I'd been having trouble sleeping, wondering if the judge would recuse himself in this local game law case. More people need to know about this, have you contacted MSNBC?

And the second part of the motion just blows my mind. OMG!!

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Wow all this smoke and no fire poor old jd let me say Itoldjaso.

J
JJD Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
It appears to me that JD is posting the truth about this guy poaching this bull in a closed area. If it is the truth do you support him poaching this bull?

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
All charges dropped so that would mean the laws in this state are so complicated that even the courts and wardens are not sure what's what. JD is a joke and that's being polite

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
She's on hunt wa crying now....

Ain’t easy havin pals.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I tried to tell him.

J
JJD Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Tks

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I don't know who this TODD PRI%^ is but wish they would throw the book at him poaching scum!!!!!

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
He's a rich guy who like to hunt monster bull elk. at a RMEF dinner Todd bid on a gov tag the bidding was he and one other guy. The other guy stopped bidding at 45,000 Todd then bid against him self three additional times to make it an even 75,000 what a jerk. Public opinion is just that.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
He's a rich guy who like to hunt monster bull elk. at a RMEF dinner Todd bid on a gov tag the bidding was he and one other guy. The other guy stopped bidding at 45,000 Todd then bid against him self three additional times to make it an even 75,000 what a jerk. Public opinion is just that.

Poachers are scum, I agree, but donating extra cash (even if he's just showing off) is a good thing.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Pharmseller

Poachers are scum, I agree, but donating extra cash (even if he's just showing off) is a good thing.

P

I could not agree with you more poachers are dirt. I also know he was not showing off and he has been very generous to game conservative for years and years. He has made mistakes but they only draw the attention because of jealous WA "hunters". A guy that buys 50k in raffle tickets for a elk hunt pisses off guys who can only buy 200$ worth. That's the big rub a bunch of broke Dick wanttoobes that feel cheated because he salts the pots in his favor. That puts a target on his back and the rest well we know how that goes.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by mohick
I don't know

You coulda stopped your fingers from tapping on your keyboard right there and been way ahead.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
FUG the scum every person is responsable for knowing the rules and regs where he is hunting! he poached pure and simple PR^&*S will always be PR&(Ks rich ones are even worse!!!

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Read the whole story before you run your yap.....

Ain’t easy havin pals.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
HUNTING -- The Bullwinkle elk killing case has been dropped, but some slime remains on Washington's auction and raffle elk tag programs that are dominated by high rollers.

Trophy hunter Tod Reichert, 77, of Saikum, Washington, no longer is charged with using his special Washington raffle tag for shooting a 6x7 point bull elk in a restricted area and transporting the animal to an area open to taking trophy bull elk before field dressing the animal with a local guide.

The case against Reichert and his guide, David Perkins, was dismissed in Lower Kittitas County District Court on Thursday. Judge James Hurson issued a ruling saying the language in Washington's 2015 Big Game Hunting Seasons & Regulations pamphlet was too vague, even though there are photos illustrating the rule on page 49.

Reichert was charged with second-degree unlawful hunting of big game in a field that was not permitted for hunting branch-antlered bull elk. Perkins was charged with second-degree aiding and abetting unlawful hunting. Charges against both were dismissed.

The incident occurred Dec. 1, 2015, in Game Management Unit 334 near Ellensburg where Bullwinkle, as some locals called him, frequented irrigated fields, rural yards and often posed for photos. Witnesses say the hunter was about 60 feet away from the bull when he shot and killed it.

Judge Hurson said in his ruling there was no specific definition of the phrase “branch antlered bull elk” in the Fish and Wildlife Department’s regulations. Department officials should have made the rules clearer if they did not want hunting of elk in GMU 334, he said.

Here's some of the judge's reasoning from his ruling:

Bullwinkle was shot in an area that allowed hunting of “true spike bull” elk during the hunting season.
“A ‘true spike bull’ is defined as a bull elk that has ‘both antlers with no branching originating more than four inches above where the antlers attach to the skull.’”
“There is no specific definition in the regulations defining the phrase ‘branch antlered bull elk.’”
Thus: “A defendant should not need to guess what a statute or regulation was meant to mean. A statute is unconstitutionally vague if the criminal offense is not defined with sufficient definiteness that ordinary people can understand what conduct is proscribed.”
Reichert hired Spokane attorney Steve Hormel, who fought the case on several grounds and won on the vagueness argument.

“The first part is that the judge found that the hunt was legal,” reports Tony Buhr of the Daily Record. “In other words the regulations actually permitted him to harvest the bull in Ellensburg unit 334.

"The second part is if it’s viewed as a unit that the game department did not have open to branch antler bull elk, then the regulations are vague and you can’t prosecute somebody under a vague statute.”

The Kittitas County Prosecutor’s Office plans to decide in the next month whether to appeal.

Reichert is known in elk hunting and conservation circles for winning special-privilege tags by spending tens of thousands of dollars at auctions in which states raise money for big-game management by offering coveted tags to the highest bidder.

Reichert reportedly bought 313 of the 2,726 raffle tickets going for $6 each for the 2015 Eastern Washington elk permit, which he used to tag Bullwinkle.

Described as “a strong supporter of elk hunting and improving elk habitat,” he has killed several record-book bulls by outbidding other trophy hunters to get coveted tags at auctions facilitated by the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation.

Among his trophy bids are $40,000 for the 2007-08 New Mexico Governor’s Tag, $19,000 for the 2001 Oregon Governor’s Tag, $16,000 for the 2003 edition, and an unpublished amount for the 1999 California tule bull elk tag.

In 2007, Reichert, who made his fortune by starting a shake mill, bought Washington’s first East Side Governor’s Tag and killed a trophy elk in the Umatilla National Forest. However, he was later indicted for hiring a helicopter service to spot elk for the hunt, which is unlawful in Washington and most other states. He was also charged with lying to wildlife authorities about the guiding services he hired.

Reichert’s sentence included a $5,000 fine and a two-year ban from entering a national forest.

Reichert successfully bid $75,000 to claim the 2016 auction elk tag for Washington.

He also scored the Pennsylvania 2016 elk auction tag for $85,000. He used the tag on a large typical bull he killed in September during the peak of the breeding season, state officials confirmed.

Reichert's attorney in the Bullwinkle case says the Western Washington hunter hopes to get back the antlers that came off the trophy bull as well as the hide, which has been frozen since it was confiscated by state Fish and Wildlife police.

POSTED MARCH 3, 2017, 3:07 P.M.
in: auction tags, bullwinkle, bullwinkle elk, David Perkins, elk hunting, hunting, outdoors, poaching cases, RMEF, Tod Reichert, trophy hunting, washington elk

“You never need fear a man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens, call on me, and I will equalize.”
Samuel Colt.

�Common sense is genius dressed up in work clothes.� - Ralph Waldo Emerson

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Well I see the S O B is 77 years old , maybe at least he won't be around much longer to keep beating the law with more money!! P O S

J
JJD Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
[quote=Judman]Read the whole story before you run your yap.....

There is the whole story. He killed a branch antler bull in a unit that was designated spikes only. The definition of what was legal game in that unit was in the regulation. It was not legal game so that makes it poaching. All of you people that support this poacher need to think about it. He has a history of violating the law and just paying for it because he can. All this case proves is that you can still buy your way out of trouble in this country. What a ridiculous ruling by that judge since they didn't describe what he couldn't kill he gets off. You people should be ashamed for supporting this behavior no matter how much money he gives.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
So should the game official that gave them an interpretation of the unit that was open be fired as well then. the warden suggested a muzzle loader be used to avoid the modern firearm closers.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by JJD
[quote=Judman]Read the whole story before you run your yap.....

There is the whole story. He killed a branch antler bull in a unit that was designated spikes only. The definition of what was legal game in that unit was in the regulation. It was not legal game so that makes it poaching. All of you people that support this poacher need to think about it. He has a history of violating the law and just paying for it because he can. All this case proves is that you can still buy your way out of trouble in this country. What a ridiculous ruling by that judge since they didn't describe what he couldn't kill he gets off. You people should be ashamed for supporting this behavior no matter how much money he gives.

You must get the whole story from CNN as well. Simple minded azzhole. You really don't know the story.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Well I see the S O B is 77 years old , maybe at least he won't be around much longer to keep beating the law with more money!! P O S

You really find an elk worth more than a good man. Hard to believe you have your head on straight.
If you ever get caught speeding I hope the cop drags your dumbazz out of your car and shoots you right in the street. Sounds pretty unreasonable NO.

All charges dropped could also lean to keeping games noses clean on a big Fup on their part.

Last edited by fredIII; 03/05/17.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by BigNate
HUNTING -- The Bullwinkle elk killing case has been dropped, but some slime remains on Washington's auction and raffle elk tag programs that are dominated by high rollers.

Trophy hunter Tod Reichert, 77, of Saikum, Washington, no longer is charged with using his special Washington raffle tag for shooting a 6x7 point bull elk in a restricted area and transporting the animal to an area open to taking trophy bull elk before field dressing the animal with a local guide.

The case against Reichert and his guide, David Perkins, was dismissed in Lower Kittitas County District Court on Thursday. Judge James Hurson issued a ruling saying the language in Washington's 2015 Big Game Hunting Seasons & Regulations pamphlet was too vague, even though there are photos illustrating the rule on page 49.

Reichert was charged with second-degree unlawful hunting of big game in a field that was not permitted for hunting branch-antlered bull elk. Perkins was charged with second-degree aiding and abetting unlawful hunting. Charges against both were dismissed.

The incident occurred Dec. 1, 2015, in Game Management Unit 334 near Ellensburg where Bullwinkle, as some locals called him, frequented irrigated fields, rural yards and often posed for photos. Witnesses say the hunter was about 60 feet away from the bull when he shot and killed it.

Judge Hurson said in his ruling there was no specific definition of the phrase “branch antlered bull elk” in the Fish and Wildlife Department’s regulations. Department officials should have made the rules clearer if they did not want hunting of elk in GMU 334, he said.

Here's some of the judge's reasoning from his ruling:

Bullwinkle was shot in an area that allowed hunting of “true spike bull” elk during the hunting season.
“A ‘true spike bull’ is defined as a bull elk that has ‘both antlers with no branching originating more than four inches above where the antlers attach to the skull.’”
“There is no specific definition in the regulations defining the phrase ‘branch antlered bull elk.’”
Thus: “A defendant should not need to guess what a statute or regulation was meant to mean. A statute is unconstitutionally vague if the criminal offense is not defined with sufficient definiteness that ordinary people can understand what conduct is proscribed.”
Reichert hired Spokane attorney Steve Hormel, who fought the case on several grounds and won on the vagueness argument.

“The first part is that the judge found that the hunt was legal,” reports Tony Buhr of the Daily Record. “In other words the regulations actually permitted him to harvest the bull in Ellensburg unit 334.

"The second part is if it’s viewed as a unit that the game department did not have open to branch antler bull elk, then the regulations are vague and you can’t prosecute somebody under a vague statute.”

The Kittitas County Prosecutor’s Office plans to decide in the next month whether to appeal.

Reichert is known in elk hunting and conservation circles for winning special-privilege tags by spending tens of thousands of dollars at auctions in which states raise money for big-game management by offering coveted tags to the highest bidder.

Reichert reportedly bought 313 of the 2,726 raffle tickets going for $6 each for the 2015 Eastern Washington elk permit, which he used to tag Bullwinkle.

Described as “a strong supporter of elk hunting and improving elk habitat,” he has killed several record-book bulls by outbidding other trophy hunters to get coveted tags at auctions facilitated by the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation.

Among his trophy bids are $40,000 for the 2007-08 New Mexico Governor’s Tag, $19,000 for the 2001 Oregon Governor’s Tag, $16,000 for the 2003 edition, and an unpublished amount for the 1999 California tule bull elk tag.

In 2007, Reichert, who made his fortune by starting a shake mill, bought Washington’s first East Side Governor’s Tag and killed a trophy elk in the Umatilla National Forest. However, he was later indicted for hiring a helicopter service to spot elk for the hunt, which is unlawful in Washington and most other states. He was also charged with lying to wildlife authorities about the guiding services he hired.

Reichert’s sentence included a $5,000 fine and a two-year ban from entering a national forest.

Reichert successfully bid $75,000 to claim the 2016 auction elk tag for Washington.

He also scored the Pennsylvania 2016 elk auction tag for $85,000. He used the tag on a large typical bull he killed in September during the peak of the breeding season, state officials confirmed.

Reichert's attorney in the Bullwinkle case says the Western Washington hunter hopes to get back the antlers that came off the trophy bull as well as the hide, which has been frozen since it was confiscated by state Fish and Wildlife police.

POSTED MARCH 3, 2017, 3:07 P.M.
in: auction tags, bullwinkle, bullwinkle elk, David Perkins, elk hunting, hunting, outdoors, poaching cases, RMEF, Tod Reichert, trophy hunting, washington elk

Nate their is more to it. U have always been a square guy. As well as I. I know Todd and he is a good man. It's not a crime to have money it's not a crime to pay more for a tag than most make in a year. I'm not a poacher nor would I defend one. But this case is not what is in the papers and on the web.
Side note.
Did you ever get those barrel on the 308 for the boys

J
JJD Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
[quote=fredIII]So should the game official that gave them an interpretation of the unit that was open be fired as well then. the warden suggested a muzzle loader be used to avoid the modern firearm closers.
You're still supporting the poacher if a cop tells you it's okay to murder someone doesn't make it right he killed the branch antlered bull in a unit that was specifically and legally described what was legal and what he killed was not legal what other laws do you approve of breaking? Quit putting up Straw Men and admit this guy willfully breaks the law and counts on his money and his lawyers to get him off. I suppose some game warden told him to use the helicopter that he was previously convicted of using to hunt illegally.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
How someone decides to conduct him self is his choice not yours.
Jealous no ones included. How this all comes out is up to the law and not you or I.
A man not convicted of a crime is guilty because you say so. LOL.

I have never hunted or worked for Todd but know him from our community he is a good man. I would love to be able to hunt the tags he gets but can't afford it but the last thing I would do is fault him for having the cash to do so.

You hasty little man.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Straw men get promoted in wa fish and game. 😳

J
JJD Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
[quote=fredIII]How someone decides to conduct him self is his choice not yours.
Jealous no ones included. How this all comes out is up to the law and not you or I.

I have never hunted or worked for Todd but know him from our community he is a good man. I would love to be able to hunt the tags he gets but can't afford it but the last thing I would do is fault him for having the cash to do so.

You hasty little man.
I noticed you can't seem to answer my simple questions like did he kill a branch antler bull elk in a spikes only area. How do you feel about him using a helicopter to hunt with illegally? convicted of that can't Dodge that one. And now you're calling people names cuz you have no legs to stand on. Your crush on this guy is really showing you must be proud how he's managed to stretch the law and his wallet to shoot all these animals. Notice I said shoot because it's clear he didn't hunt them he bought them. You should use your energy to promote good people not people who use money to skirt the law to feed their ego. P.S is Hillary not guilty because she hasn't been convicted?

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I don't know know Todd Reichert. I do recognize that the media is writing the story I read but it's hard for me to get past the multiple accusations he's had over the years. If the regs stated the unit is closed to branch antlered animals, how could he be confused?
Previously he paid for a fly-over to do his scouting.

I guess I'm being judgmental to some extent but from what's been published I don't know that I'd want to share a campfire with him.

His money, purchase of tags, etc. is of little issue to me. If it's within the law, then it will be someone, may as well be a RMEF contributor I suppose.

I'd like to see these type of Gov. Tag auctions be a one time deal though.

“You never need fear a man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens, call on me, and I will equalize.”
Samuel Colt.

�Common sense is genius dressed up in work clothes.� - Ralph Waldo Emerson

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by JJD

You hasty little man.
I noticed you can't seem to answer my simple questions like did he kill a branch antler bull elk in a spikes only area. How do you feel about him using a helicopter to hunt with illegally? convicted of that can't Dodge that one. And now you're calling people names cuz you have no legs to stand on. Your crush on this guy is really showing you must be proud how he's managed to stretch the law and his wallet to shoot all these animals. Notice I said shoot because it's clear he didn't hunt them he bought them. You should use your energy to promote good people not people who use money to skirt the law to feed their ego. P.S is Hillary not guilty because she hasn't been convicted?

When did he get convicted of hunting with or from a helicopter.
You may want to fact check your BS before you get in over your head.

Last edited by fredIII; 03/05/17.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I will stop here for I know nothing I could say would change your opinion. Just remember what the papers print is to sell papers. Todds story is for him to tell if he wishes.
Happy hunting and GFY. 😉

J
JJD Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
I will stop here for I know nothing I could say would change your opinion. Just remember what the papers print is to sell papers. Todds story is for him to tell if he wishes.
Happy hunting and GFY. 😉

You're going to stop digging the hole you're putting yourself in. I asked simple questions which you refuse to answer that shows the answer would not support your case. You resorted to calling people names because you couldn't make your case and now you realized that made you look like a liberal LOL and you decided to get out before you dug the hole any deeper. I try to avoid these discussions but when people are blatantly supporting a poacher because he gives hundreds of thousands of dollars to their cause I have to speak up. When I shot a deer with the incorrect antlers I called the game warden and fessed up I didn't drag it to another unit and lawyer up. And I'll leave the gfy for the rest of the group

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
It is just more proof that if you money and no concious and you are a worthless poaching old COCK$%^KER you can beat the law!!!! Everyone else be damed!! Hey FREDIII G F Y!!!!!

J
JDHasty Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Judges ruling:
http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.town...-984c-5f8a9a68005f/58b8c87f7537f.pdf.pdf
Motion to dismiss:
https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/3480517-Bullwinkle-Vagueness-5.html
Hunter wants Bullwinkle the Elk’s antlers back after judge tosses out case against him
http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...after-judge-tosses-out-case-against-him/

Todd has a few fanboys who will defend his actions to the end.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
You giving 250$ to youth turkey hunting JD.

J
JDHasty Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
The WDFW is so [bleep] up that it's no surprise they'd give incorrect info and then try to prosecute one for following their advice. They have become increasingly more beholden to the tribes that bribe them with casino money and ignore the abuses from the tribes.

The money he paid the state to harvest ONE branch antlered bull should allow him to take it in any GMU. The gotcha game that the WDFW plays does nothing to protect our resources and can only be played when the rules are so confusing that everyone afield is a suspect.

The WDFW can go get f'd. If they truly cared about the resources they'd be getting after the tribes and their wholesale slaughter of our fish and game.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
The gotcha game that the WDFW plays does nothing to protect our resources and can only be played when the rules are so confusing that everyone afield is a suspect.

+1

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Well said. I mention that on wahunt and they deleted all of it.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
For the first time in almost 40 years I'm not buying a WA fishing or hunting license. They've screwed us time and again and I'm done. I live for the outdoors and while I won't be doing much down here I have bought a new boat and my annual Alaska fishing and hunting license. I'll take my boat, vehicles and gear up to my place in Alaska. I'll spend my money where it's appreciated.

I'll get a shellfish license since I can get my money's worth of razor clams and dungies in Washington but that's it.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Recently emailed game about hope creek taxpayers funded feed site and how many elk the Indians had taken. There response was we have no clue.

Locals claim over 100 branched bulls. contribute to the slaughtering of the elk is ridiculous hunters in wa should be beyond pissed.

Last edited by fredIII; 03/06/17.
J
JDHasty Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Originally Posted by JJD

You hasty little man.

News release from United States Attorney's Office Eastern District of Washington State October 22, 2012

Reichert hired Wick, who operated an outfitter-guiding service known as Outback Outfitters, to provide outfitter-guiding services for the hunt. Reichert also hired a helicopter service that Wick used to spot elk in aide of the hunt, which is unlawful in Washington State.

https://www.justice.gov/archive/usao/wae/news/2012/2012_10_22_Wick_Sentence.html

Last edited by JDHasty; 03/06/17.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Cleaning den walls this afternoon!! Had a lot of pictures of big elk on my den walls, then realized this A$$ wide TODD S O B poacher was in some of them been taking them down and burning them! Want nothing to do with promoting this piece of $hit poaching old COCK$%^KER . Be nice if RMEF would ban him, but they won't cause they are money grubbers, but dosent mean I will renew my dues next year, with a letter why!!!!!!!!Shame there are A$$ wipes who condone such scum !!!

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Cleaning den walls this afternoon!! Had a lot of pictures of big elk on my den walls, then realized this A$$ wide TODD S O B poacher was in some of them been taking them down and burning them! Want nothing to do with promoting this piece of $hit poaching old COCK$%^KER . Be nice if RMEF would ban him, but they won't cause they are money grubbers, but dosent mean I will renew my dues next year, with a letter why!!!!!!!!Shame there are A$$ wipes who condone such scum !!!

No doubt you walls would be a show case for others achievements.

Here's to you wishing you could too🤣🤣🤣

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Yeah sure wishing I could be a no good poaching worthless scum sucking COC$$%^&er just like him!! What high asperations!!!!!!!!! you have to be just as bad if you praise him for it???????

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I promise you I kill enough that I don't need to hang pictures of someone else in my den. I'm also shocked double wides come with a den now days. 😩😂😂😂

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
You have no idea what I live in you stupid $hit!! And would be willing to bet i was elk hunting when were still [bleep] yellow!! just like a baby bird all mouth and full of $hit you'r a real champ !!

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Haha oh God Damn this is funny!!!

Ain’t easy havin pals.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
You have no idea what I live in you stupid $hit!! And would be willing to bet i was elk hunting when were still [bleep] yellow!! just like a baby bird all mouth and full of $hit you'r a real champ !!

Wow get all worked up. From your blind rage about a guy you read a news paper article about. one could confidently wager you are not doing much past shining shoes or mowing grass. Not that that's bad it's just a generalization.

But I did not mean to sell you short. I will double down and make my second guess triple wide and that would explain the den.

Maybe some day you will see an elk and get a picture for that den of yours. LMFAO.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
So, did he shoot a branch antlered bull in a spike only area, or what?

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
It was closed to modern fire arm and archery the warden that gave green light informing the hunter that no muzzle loader season existed in the unit so the raffle tag has no muzzle language so a muzzle loader can be used. Then said warden gets promoted and knows nothing of the conversation. Like I have said the news papers write one side. I wish the judgment would have been to the facts above and not on a technicality. But i know Todd felt very betrayed by the official who was involved.

The biggest slaughtering of elk in the country is taking place at the hope creek feed station by the Indians in clockum unit. With estimates of over 100 300" bulls killed off the feed station this winter. No one in fish and game cares. And the Feds blaa blaa blaa is no excuse.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Haha oh God Damn this is funny!!!

Is the consensus?? JD ain't got 250$.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by JJD

You hasty little man.

News release from United States Attorney's Office Eastern District of Washington State October 22, 2012

Reichert hired Wick, who operated an outfitter-guiding service known as Outback Outfitters, to provide outfitter-guiding services for the hunt. Reichert also hired a helicopter service that Wick used to spot elk in aide of the hunt, which is unlawful in Washington State.

https://www.justice.gov/archive/usao/wae/news/2012/2012_10_22_Wick_Sentence.html

Todd has no way to control how his employees especially a independent contractor behaves. Again when did Todd get convicted of hunting from a helicopter.
Jd your witch hunt is very sad some day you will fûck up and I hope someone just like you is there to rub your stupid nose in it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It was closed to modern fire arm and archery the warden that gave green light informing the hunter that no muzzle loader season existed in the unit so the raffle tag has no muzzle language so a muzzle loader can be used. Then said warden gets promoted and knows nothing of the conversation. Like I have said the news papers write one side. I wish the judgment would have been to the facts above and not on a technicality. But i know Todd felt very betrayed by the official who was involved.

The biggest slaughtering of elk in the country is taking place at the hope creek feed station by the Indians in clockum unit. With estimates of over 100 300" bulls killed off the feed station this winter. No one in fish and game cares. And the Feds blaa blaa blaa is no excuse.

It sounds like he shot a branch antlered bull in a spike only zone.
Lame.

J
JDHasty Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
He did shoot this bull in an area that was only open for antlerless or true spike for archery, true spike for ML and closed for modern firearm.

"Todd has no way to control how his employees especially a independent contractor behaves."

In the Blue Mountain incident many of the agents investigating were adamant that they had solid evidence that Todd was aware of what Wick was up to and were not happy with the plea deal being offered. It is flat out stated as FACT in the plea agreement that Todd picked up the tab for the helicopter.

Todd and Jon Wick claimed that Wick was not hired by Todd. Bank records were subpoenaed and checks were found written to Wick that said "for elk hunt" on them.

Reichert then claimed, when confronted with this evidence, something to the effect that he had a habit of writing things on financial instruments that made no sense. Like he did it as a joke, or something.

https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/2861779/Reichert-Plea-Agreement.txt

Last edited by JDHasty; 03/06/17.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Sure seems to be a lot smoke and things that quack like a duck around this incident.

Last edited by 1minute; 03/06/17.

1Minute
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I don't want to go back and look but what GMU did this occur in? Ellensburg or Teanaway?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
JDHasty Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
You know damn well that the bull was shot in GMU 334 and then it was transported to GMU 328 whole before being field dressed

Last edited by JDHasty; 03/07/17.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Hey JUdman it is purely for entertainment! I could give a $hit less if he kills every elk in that pi$$hole state just love to get people stirred up!! Oh yeah you can't say god damn on here the bible thumps will chastise you !!! hahahahha

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Hey JUdman it is purely for entertainment! I could give a $hit less if he kills every elk in that pi$$hole state just love to get people stirred up!! Oh yeah you can't say god damn on here the bible thumps will chastise you !!! hahahahha

Back to single wide last guess. JD wants your number he needs a new hunting spot his was ruined by the raffle. 😄🤣🤣😂

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
You know damn well that the bull was shot in GMU 334
rude statements like this is why I block folks... you won.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I've followed this case on the forum since the beginning. I have no inside knowledge, just what I've read. Here is my take (let me know what I have wrong).

Given:
Tod Riechert is very rich.
He uses his money and relies on "guides".
He gets raffle permits and governor tags in many states each year.
He shot Bullwinkle (a somewhat tame bull) in a closed unit for that permit.
Calls were made from TR's guide to WDFW.
Questions were asked about the use of a muzzleloader since it was a firearm restricted area and because the bull was sort of a celebrity.

Was it illegal to shoot the bull? Yes.
Should TR have known it was illegal? Yes.
Should TR's guide have known it was illegal? Yes.
Should WDFW have readily known it was illegal? Yes.
Did a wdfw officer give the okay? It seems so.....Yes.

It seems that TR relied on his guide to know the rules and the guide read the permit rules and decided that because GMU 334 allowed "true spike" hunting he reasoned that it then allowed branched bull hunting. Now, whether or not his reasoning is flawed doesn't matter because he obviously wasn't 100% sure on his reasoning so he calls WDFW. Seems that at least a couple of calls were exchanged and someone at wdfw agreed with the guide's reasoning and gave him the go ahead.

Seems like most of the outrage should be toward the WDFW employee that gave the go-ahead. Seems like if it is true that WDFW gave the go-ahead, then it is b.s. that when WDFW investigated that they came to the conclusion to prosecute. How do they decide it's a good idea to prosecute when their employee said to shoot? (Of course maybe I'm wrong and WDFW did not give permission, but it is starting to seem like they did.)

Anyway, there seems to be a lot of screw-ups happening in this case and lots of blame to be had. I think WDFW is probably fortunate that the judge threw it out based on a technicality.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by SD300
I've followed this case on the forum since the beginning. I have no inside knowledge, just what I've read. Here is my take (let me know what I have wrong).

Given:
Tod Riechert is very rich.
He uses his money and relies on "guides".
He gets raffle permits and governor tags in many states each year.
He shot Bullwinkle (a somewhat tame bull) in a closed unit for that permit.
Calls were made from TR's guide to WDFW.
Questions were asked about the use of a muzzleloader since it was a firearm restricted area and because the bull was sort of a celebrity.

Was it illegal to shoot the bull? Yes.
Should TR have known it was illegal? Yes.
Should TR's guide have known it was illegal? Yes.
Should WDFW have readily known it was illegal? Yes.
Did a wdfw officer give the okay? It seems so.....Yes.

It seems that TR relied on his guide to know the rules and the guide read the permit rules and decided that because GMU 334 allowed "true spike" hunting he reasoned that it then allowed branched bull hunting. Now, whether or not his reasoning is flawed doesn't matter because he obviously wasn't 100% sure on his reasoning so he calls WDFW. Seems that at least a couple of calls were exchanged and someone at wdfw agreed with the guide's reasoning and gave him the go ahead.

Seems like most of the outrage should be toward the WDFW employee that gave the go-ahead. Seems like if it is true that WDFW gave the go-ahead, then it is b.s. that when WDFW investigated that they came to the conclusion to prosecute. How do they decide it's a good idea to prosecute when their employee said to shoot? (Of course maybe I'm wrong and WDFW did not give permission, but it is starting to seem like they did.)

Anyway, there seems to be a lot of screw-ups happening in this case and lots of blame to be had. I think WDFW is probably fortunate that the judge threw it out based on a technicality.

This is the most reasonable and thought out opinion on here. its spot on and I thank you.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

680 members (10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 1eyedmule, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 64 invisible), 3,076 guests, and 1,324 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,698
Posts18,456,710
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.