Print Thread
Hop To
C
chas05 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
I want to thank you folks for starving myself, forgoing some luxerys, saving like Scrooge (all tongue in cheek, sorta...)to feed my new found obsession: Africa.

The Minister of Sex and Finance (MOSAF) and I leave for P.E. tomorrow, this will be our second trip, in nine months. Our first trip was last September, we rebooked in October for May to coincide with the Kudu rut. We're including Blue Wildebeest, Zebra, Springbok, Jackels and a couple of adders tbd and time permitting. We'll be based out of Kleinpoort with Brian and Sheryl Seady of Two Water Safaris, a wonderful hunting couple.

Our last three days of this trip will be spent in P.E. relaxing on the Indian Ocean and taking in the sights.

We haven't eaten out a lot, or spent frivolously, this type of trip is doable for a common couple such as we with a little planning and modest sacrifice.

Thanks for turning us onto the availability of African hunting.

Charlie

GB1

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Good luck!

Hope to see some pics.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by chas05
I want to thank you folks for starving myself, forgoing some luxerys, saving like Scrooge (all tongue in cheek, sorta...)to feed my new found obsession: Africa.

The Minister of Sex and Finance (MOSAF) and I leave for P.E. tomorrow, this will be our second trip, in nine months. Our first trip was last September, we rebooked in October for May to coincide with the Kudu rut. We're including Blue Wildebeest, Zebra, Springbok, Jackels and a couple of adders tbd and time permitting. We'll be based out of Kleinpoort with Brian and Sheryl Seady of Two Water Safaris, a wonderful hunting couple.

Our last three days of this trip will be spent in P.E. relaxing on the Indian Ocean and taking in the sights.

We haven't eaten out a lot, or spent frivolously, this type of trip is doable for a common couple such as we with a little planning and modest sacrifice.

Thanks for turning us onto the availability of African hunting.

Charlie

I live a modest lifestyle, and my income would stagger many here as being incredibly low. My house needs a new paint job, and the carpeting is shot to hell. For years I drove a 20 year old truck. But I managed to become solvent at an early age and have been to Africa 6 times, plus a few other places.
Cant tell you how many times friends or acquaintances would say " I wish I could afford to go to Africa..." and I would point out their $40K pickup for starters..
The difference between that and my truck is three safaris....

Its all a matter of priorities. You can live life, or you can own stuff....

Kudos to those that have managed to do both, but now that Im creeping up on old age I find "stuff" doesn't mean too much....

BTW: Hunting the Kudu rut is cool. cool cool

ENJOY!!!!!!! laugh

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
G
GRF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Have a wonderful time. Good experiences are irreplaceable. Africa needs to be done more than once.

The rut for kudu is a grand time. Take lots of pictures and share them with us. 😃

All the best

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There are things that enrich life. Few of them are possessions and most of them are experiences.

I started my African adventures, and did most of the big ones before I was married and had kids. I lived well within my income, put in my hours, and used tax refunds to finance the first couple of trips. (Haven't seen a tax refund in a long, long time btw)

I don't see anything wrong with skipping the trophy mounts and using the money saved for another safari. I have a big room full of mounts, but am done mounting trophies. I enjoy each and every one, but now I'd rather use the money on the hunt.

I'd encourage you to keep a simple journal of the hunt. Couple that with photos, and that is a wonderful souvenir.

Best of luck!

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Have a great time buddy.
We hunt May 17 of 2017.
My first Africa trip. (I am poor also). smile
I will be anxious to hear about your trip.
Be safe.
Slave

Have Dog

Will Travel

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Have fun, you guys be safe and ENJOY! smile

Trump Won!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

198 members (17CalFan, 257_X_50, 300_savage, 338reddog, 1_deuce, 31 invisible), 2,097 guests, and 1,076 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,488
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.