Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
L
las Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
L
The other half doesn't know Jim Shockey from Elvis....

Not a clue what he's doing here.

Spring bear hunt (a bit late in the season, perhaps) or more likely setting up for a future segment is my guess.

Seems like a nice guy, from all the facebook pics I've been shown by locals posing with him. I doubt he's refused anyone! Haven't seen him myself.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Ugh. Not at all big on TV folks. Though I've heard he is supposed to be decent for sure.

Just another person to me.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Who's Elvis?

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
That too.

TV hunting shows, the biggest waste of time ever.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
He's been in Point Hope accompanying a whaling crew for the last week or so.

IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Shockey is one of the nicest pro hunter/tv types I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. I've met him several times when we had adjacent booths at DSC. Always seemed like a down to earth nice fellow.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Did he have his daughter with him?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've only met this guy

[Linked Image]

Hell of a guy, sent me a pack

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
no clue who that is? Which is probably a good indication.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Shockey and mark and terry drury are some of the only decent celebs in the hunting game. I like Rodger Ragland as well. I've met most of the other big names but those are the best of the bunch

I kill chit. "The Heathens nest"
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by rost495
no clue who that is? Which is probably a good indication.

I know him more from his books than TV shows. In my estimation he's one of the best antidotes we have for the anti's.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
I know Jim pretty well, and have known him before his TV show ever started. He's not only a good guy but a very hardcore hunter. He grew up hunting in Saskatchewan, but eventually moved to British Columbia because of its greater variety of big game, which is where he started his outfitting business. He started writing for various magazines but eventually got into TV, which really suits his talents. His TV shows are one of the few bright lights in that business.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I've seen a few of Shockey's shows, he seems like the real deal. I was referring to Rinella in my post above though.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by acooper1983
Shockey and mark and terry drury are some of the only decent celebs in the hunting game. I like Rodger Ragland as well. I've met most of the other big names but those are the best of the bunch

I was along for filming for MAD calls years ago.

It was my eye opening that almost everything filmed is pieced together totally fake BS. Soured me from that day forward.

I"d have much rather them filmed what happened and shown that.

But its all about money. And so it goes.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rinella is a good guy and easy to get along with. Spent many weeks with Scott Haugen and really have tremendous respect for him. Knew him long before he started writing.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
It's good to hear that because I really enjoy his writing. And his shows.

K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
The One or Two Shows I've seen with His Dad on, were good for a real Chuckle. What a Team!

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Art,

I was on a bear hunt in Alaska a few years ago with Scott Haugen. I knew who Scott was before we met and liked what I knew, but getting to know him was better.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Elvis Costello most likely. Look him up.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Sitting on an airplane reading the NY Times, and Rinella has an editorial on grizzly delisting.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

A least the town was all atwitter . . .

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
passed him at Kotz International and thought tyne same thing. The dude is tall!

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
I know Jim pretty well, and have known him before his TV show ever started. He's not only a good guy but a very hardcore hunter. He grew up hunting in Saskatchewan, but eventually moved to British Columbia because of its greater variety of big game, which is where he started his outfitting business. He started writing for various magazines but eventually got into TV, which really suits his talents. His TV shows are one of the few bright lights in that business.

Couldn't agree more. I had the pleasure of introducing myself to him at DSC 2015 as he was strolling down the aisle. We must have talked for 15 minutes. Helluva nice guy it seemed, and I like his TV shows as well.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by acooper1983

I was along for filming for MAD calls years ago.

It was my eye opening that almost everything filmed is pieced together totally fake BS. Soured me from that day forward.

I"d have much rather them filmed what happened and shown that.

But its all about money. And so it goes.

That's for sure. We had two of our antelope hunts filmed for a show on Spike TV a few years ago, and everything was bassackwards for sure.

FWIW, Michael Waddell is a fraud.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by JGRaider

FWIW, Michael Waddell is a fraud.

Not the Mack Daddy! Can't stand him.

Shockey seems like the real deal and fine man.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Art,

I was on a bear hunt in Alaska a few years ago with Scott Haugen. I knew who Scott was before we met and liked what I knew, but getting to know him was better.

Scott and I with another poster from here spent the departure day together and I took him to your/the hotel (Millennium, now Lakeside or some such thing). We waited around for you a bit but you were the last one flying in that day and we had to split before you got in.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Too bad! We could have had an interesting time.

That was a good hunt. Or at least my part was. Supposedly it was just going to be black bear, but somebody cancelled a grizzly trip while we were there, and I got to go instead--and in between the black and grizzly hunts got to do some flyfishing.

John Steinbeck
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

648 members (1234, 19rabbit52, 007FJ, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 1936M71, 60 invisible), 2,570 guests, and 1,247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,692
Posts18,456,591
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.