Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 33 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 32 33
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Well it look like the camp eill be full of cutups.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Looks like if the weather's good we'll be coming on our bikes. Six coming so far. Should be interesting.

CCCC Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Kent, Maddy and I don't have a specific idea for Friday evening meal - will be glad to coop/help with the pulled pork and fish, and provide side dishes, if you want to do that one. Or, we can do that meal ourselves as last year. Just let us know.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by mountainpappa
Looks like if the weather's good we'll be coming on our bikes. Six coming so far. Should be interesting.

Cool!

Kent

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by CCCC
Kent, Maddy and I don't have a specific idea for Friday evening meal - will be glad to coop/help with the pulled pork and fish, and provide side dishes, if you want to do that one. Or, we can do that meal ourselves as last year. Just let us know.

I'll cook the pork and we have fish. Others who want to provide side dishes would help greatly.

Not sure Cheryl is coming, her sister and niece will be in town in some capacity for the Dodgers during their Diamondbacks pregame.

Kent

[Linked Image]

IC B2

CCCC Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Ok - we will help you with the pork and fish and will bring plenty of deviled eggs and at least one other fitting side dish. Would fried taters go with that?

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Pork I will precook and fish I'll fry there.

I usually make fried taters with fish, so ya...

I don't like coleslaw but others might.

Kent

CCCC Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Ok, good, we will bring the deviled eggs and some cole slaw as well. Will do the taters on-site.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by milespatton
I could be wrong, but my understanding is that New Mexico bans bringing out-of-state wood into forest areas to prevent the spread of pests.
Am I in any danger of being arrested? I brought some pecan wood last year for folks to smoke meat with. Maybe the statute of limitations is under a year. miles

I saw it still there as people left but it looked awfully clean so I doubt that there was much risk. It was offered to me and if I had the space. I would have taken and used it. grin

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Paul, Dennis,

Any updates on the shooting games? Will Jon's Pennsylvania long range tripod be legal for any of the events? If so, which ones? Any more particulars on the DG shoot? Will a bulls bag on a bench be permitted for the long range .22 rimfire shoot and/or the prairie dog shoot?

Thanks!

Last edited by mudhen; 06/13/16.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
IC B3

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by milespatton
I could be wrong, but my understanding is that New Mexico bans bringing out-of-state wood into forest areas to prevent the spread of pests.
Am I in any danger of being arrested? I brought some pecan wood last year for folks to smoke meat with. Maybe the statute of limitations is under a year. miles

Did you forget that you brought that from my place?
smile There is more out there BTW smile

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Did you forget that you brought that from my place?

I thought you lived in Nevada. Las Vegas. grin miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
You had to detour, but, not that far! smile

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
CCCC Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mudhen
Paul, Dennis, Any updates on the shooting games? Will Jon's Pennsylvania long range tripod be legal for any of the events? If so, which ones? Any more particulars on the DG shoot? Will a bulls bag on a bench be permitted for the long range .22 rimfire shoot and/or the prairie dog shoot? Thanks!

No changes from the posted shoot descriptions. I was thinking about a scoring revision on the .22 LR long range shoot to insure that a shooter with a really good group but none in the bull would not lose to a shooter with a lesser group but a flyer in the bull - talked with Dennis - we will leave it as first stated.

Hey, Ben - Jon's big tripod is good for any of the shoots not done from the bench (steel shoot and rimfire turkey shoot) - or a shooter could use it instead of the bench in those "any position" shoots (PD and Long Range .22LR).

Not sure what a "bulls bag" is (maybe I know it by another moniker) but those two shoots done from the bench allow a front rest and rear bag(s) etc. Apparently the layout for the Dangerous Game shoot is going to get designed/arranged on-site once we get there - so - no further particulars there.

Looks like D and I are going to be pretty busy from Thursday afternoon forward with the shooting arrangements and contests. Hoping to be able to concentrate on some good shooting this time.

Hope you all are getting ready - there are some good challenges waiting.

Plan on a total of 6 in my crew this year (2 adults & 4 kids). We'll arrive with Mudhen sometime on Thursday (assuming dad will let us stay with him Wednesday night). wink

Plan to put us to work in the set up process.

I'll bring a couple of different dessert options. Let us know if there is anything else we can bring.

Donelle

Few places in this world are more dangerous than home. Fear not, therefore, to try the mountain passes. They will kill care, save you from deadly apathy, set you free, and call forth every faculty into vigorous, enthusiastic action. ~ John Muir
CCCC Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Donelle, this is fine news. It will be very good to see you and yours again. Safe travels.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
For those who might be interested, the Louis L'Amour western novels are set in various locations throughout the West.

"Flint," which has been reissued in paperback, is set in the area around Quemado/ Armijo Springs and points north, mainly the Malpais Lava Beds off Route 40 along Route 117, and ranches to its south.

That is the route I took last year and it was a spectacular area. The map in the front of the book is of course missing all the current names, but one can certainly figure out where everything is.

Presumably the time period of the book was the 1880s, since the railroads had been built west of Santa Fe. Paul or Ben could likely say much more about the area.

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Anjin,

Have you seen the latest book on the Lost Adam's diggings???

Interesting!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Anjin,

Have you seen the latest book on the Lost Adam's diggings???

Interesting!

Where can it be found and what is it titled?

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Most is here Scott.

http://www.frontiershadows.com

It's a neat story, dunno if I'd shell out for the book. But is is still interesting. Heck even if it is all BS.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Page 12 of 33 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 32 33

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

525 members (16penny, 007FJ, 163bc, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 160user, 45 invisible), 2,196 guests, and 1,146 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,603
Posts18,454,790
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.