Print Thread
Hop To
Page 27 of 33 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 32 33
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by cansNclays
For anyone who was wondering, the young guy Dennis dragged to the camp out was me. I havent really posted on here before, and I think the camp was probably the best welcome to a forum I could have imagined. Thanks, everyone!

Dan

Dan is a heck of a runner too!!!!!

Glad you were there!!!!!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DARBY
Norm, you left it on the tailgate of my white truck. It is enroute Albuquerque with Mark Shubert.

Nice rifle cool

Got it! Thanks to you, Paul AND Mark and his wife who kindly brought it back to me.

We hooked up in the parking lot of the famous Albuquerque landmark, Rudy's BBQ on Carlisle Blvd (just north of Rt 40 and one block east of Rt 25) that I suggested so he could avoid a construction hangup on Rt 25 on his way to Las Vegas, NM.

I was already nearby in ABQ with my teenage son, shopping for endless amounts of sports equipment - in this case metal shin guards proposed by the HS soccer team coach and matching socks. (I can hardly complain, based of my own expenditures for hunting stuff!) grin

Yes, it is a nice rifle, but that case of 92s that Bob showed us put it in the shade! In fact, many of the guys gave me much to think about about 19th Century cartridge options. Wow.

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hayden and I rolled in near midnight Friday and thanks to Seafire and his bride for rolling out and helping us set up the tent. The food was fantastic, especially the Saturday night Mexican feast. My son wasn't as appreciate of it once we hit the bedrolls and all that spice began to work its magic in my gastrointestinal system. That's why tents have zippers, right?

Hayden's fears of being bored around a lot of old geezers dissipated quickly and completely evaporated as he laughed and laughed at the stories spun by Blue, Bob, Randy and others on Saturday night.

The shoots were great and the prizes will be treasured by those that won them.

We visited an Old Town ABQ New Mexican restaurant for lunch with an old college friend, then toured through Santa Fe, Taos and the Rio Grande Gorge on the way home. We got home around 10 om last light and I think the two of us stayed awake for a grand total of two minutes after we showered and hit the rack.

Thanks to all who made the weekend special. Looking forward to doing it again.

Last edited by WyColoCowboy; 07/18/16.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
The Pendelton Mill is under twenty miles from our home, so what does my wife want to take home from Gallop NM, a pendton blanket for the camper.

Also we found my missing keys . Ther were in the microwave.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
"Also we found my missing keys . Ther were in the microwave."

Well, that's where I always keep mine.

Founder

WS

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Scott F
We are in Gallop for the day headed for the Grand Canyon tomorrow. We have lots of bowling pin shoot pictures to post and will get them up as soon as we can. I did mess up and forgot to get any pin shoot award pictures. If anybody has any please post or let me know.

i don't know which side you want to go to, but if you go to north side it is pretty spectacular and not quite so overrun. At fredonia, where the road goes south to the north rim is where they filmed a lot of josey wales. A restaurant on the corner downtown knab, utah, pictures all over of the westerns filmed there. Great mexican food. The drive up out of there and then over north/south center utah is spectacular too.
Mormon country.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Scott F
The Pendelton Mill is under twenty miles from our home, so what does my wife want to take home from Gallop NM, a pendton blanket for the camper.

Also we found my missing keys . Ther were in the microwave.

I am missing my sun glasses. Paul informed me my box of ammo is on its way to phx or probably already here.
old people have these problems.
I am thinking about buying kaywoodie an extra p08 mag for christmas.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Anjin
Originally Posted by DARBY
Norm, you left it on the tailgate of my white truck. It is enroute Albuquerque with Mark Shubert.

Nice rifle cool

Got it! Thanks to you, Paul AND Mark and his wife who kindly brought it back to me.

We hooked up in the parking lot of the famous Albuquerque landmark, Rudy's BBQ on Carlisle Blvd (just north of Rt 40 and one block east of Rt 25) that I suggested so he could avoid a construction hangup on Rt 25 on his way to Las Vegas, NM.

I was already nearby in ABQ with my teenage son, shopping for endless amounts of sports equipment - in this case metal shin guards proposed by the HS soccer team coach and matching socks. (I can hardly complain, based of my own expenditures for hunting stuff!) grin

Yes, it is a nice rifle, but that case of 92s that Bob showed us put it in the shade! In fact, many of the guys gave me much to think about about 19th Century cartridge options. Wow.

kaywoodie knows some of my minor addictions, and sort of likes to pull things like those winchester 95's out to watch me slobber and my hands shake when i have to give them back.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Were they 95s? most of us seemed to hold in our drool. but we were are thinking the same way! Simply honeys.

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Another fine Armijo Springs gathering. Thank you Kent for your time and awesome food skills in keeping the "natives" from getting restless.

Sure was nice seeing and chatting with the friends I get to see once or twice a year.

And..

This year a special thank you to all the folks that participated in or helped with the bowling pin shoot. They all made it a fun, safe time with plenty of laughter.

IC B3

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Thank Brian for ramrodding that bowling pin affaire!!! That was fun! Them tables worked out great!

Founder

WS

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Them shootin' matches that Dennis and Paul put together were fun too! Especially the dangerous game match! Much obliged!!!

We ate like kings at the kitchen of Chef Kent and his staff of culinary experts! The food was top shelf! Thanks to all who added to the table fare!

Founder

WS

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Waiting to get started.
[Linked Image]

Paul pulling the crew together
[Linked Image]

A few of the firearms waiting for the call
[Linked Image]

Jeff (Owl) taking his turn.
[Linked Image]

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
David (Paladin) following the hits.
[Linked Image]

Newcomer Mike is drafted to judge targets.
[Linked Image]

Ooh, it's close! Darby is here with the caliper.
[Linked Image]

Jon and Dennis, back from changing the targets.
[Linked Image]

Ben

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Photobucket is hopeless today. I will try to upload more of the 120+ to the bucket tonight when traffic hopefully will be lighter.

Ben

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks to all who went to the trouble to set up the shoots. It took a lot of work to have that much fun for such a short time.

It really was a good time and one that maybe many more will be able to see some day.

How many obama supporters does it take to change a light bulb? None, they prefer to remain in the dark.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
On another note, I ended up with a set of earmuffs marked Upshaw.

And lost a black coffee cup marked VES, although the lost cup isn't a big deal.

How many obama supporters does it take to change a light bulb? None, they prefer to remain in the dark.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I am kinda wandering my way home. Currently in Vernon, Tx. for the night. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I ended up with a set of earmuffs marked Upshaw.

Upshaw got a belt buckle, so everything should be OK. grin miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by milespatton
I ended up with a set of earmuffs marked Upshaw.

Upshaw got a belt buckle, so everything should be OK. grin miles

Roflmao!

Founder

WS

Page 27 of 33 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 32 33

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

117 members (10gaugemag, 358WCF, 450yukon, 19rabbit52, 30Gibbs, 18 invisible), 1,978 guests, and 881 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,652
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.