Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by gunner500
...Hey Ed, you're able to see the pleasure behind the work in progress facial expressions, you ever consider professional poker? grin......................shoulda shaved that mess beforehand, it may sound crazy, but while there in the bush hunting, it makes you want to take your damn shirt completely off and hang it in a back pocket, guess that's why Tarzan never wore a suit. laugh

If you ever see me in a poker game, it's because I've decided to give money away. laugh

Guys shaving body hair is the last step in feminization. Just sayin'... shocked

That hunt was obviously a labor of love. grin In Alaska if I got hot, I just shed layers of clothes until I got comfortable. Here, I have found the virtue of loose, thin cotton shirts over going shirtless. laugh

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Congratulations Gunner! What an experience! And it sure looks like mighty fine shot placement to me.

Regards, Guy

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Nice bull.. Congratulations!

Molon Labe
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I can't watch the video here due to the hospital's content filters. I'll look at it tonight. I've seen the stills before, though, and it was a great kudu.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I can tell you Hatari's Trophy Room is something to see, among many, a full mount of a friggin' BONGO!

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So when you going back Gunner ?

I've always been different with one foot over the line.....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jorgeI
I can tell you Hatari's Trophy Room is something to see, among many, a full mount of a friggin' BONGO!

Thx! If you ever get a bongo, you gotta mount the whole thing. smile

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
All I managed was a Bushbuck frown

[Linked Image]

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Handsome devil and under appreciated. If they were a North American species, they'd have a cult following bigger than sheep.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
IC B3

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
Outstanding all the way around!!!

Many Thanks Dan. wink

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Originally Posted by gunner500
...Hey Ed, you're able to see the pleasure behind the work in progress facial expressions, you ever consider professional poker? grin......................shoulda shaved that mess beforehand, it may sound crazy, but while there in the bush hunting, it makes you want to take your damn shirt completely off and hang it in a back pocket, guess that's why Tarzan never wore a suit. laugh

If you ever see me in a poker game, it's because I've decided to give money away. laugh

Guys shaving body hair is the last step in feminization. Just sayin'... shocked

That hunt was obviously a labor of love. grin In Alaska if I got hot, I just shed layers of clothes until I got comfortable. Here, I have found the virtue of loose, thin cotton shirts over going shirtless. laugh

Ed

LOL on the poker, shaving the bear hair in Okleehoma is a survival step, these rednecks would shoot me in the back were I swimmin in the creek, I can see the headlines now, "LOCAL SHOOTS SASQUATCH" laugh

Alaska will be another place hunted one day, I can hardly wait, and yes, proper threading will make or break about any hunt!

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by GuyM
Congratulations Gunner! What an experience! And it sure looks like mighty fine shot placement to me.

Regards, Guy

Thanks Guy, wasn't me in so much as that damn 400 Whelen is one of the most accurate rifles I've ever had built, it will put 'em where you post the cross hairs buddy, everytime.

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Many Thanks WCH and Doc.

Bettin' Hatari's trophy room would make me pure nauseated with envy Jorge! cry

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by 7mmMato
So when you going back Gunner ?

2017's gonna be it Charles, can't decide to go for the rounding out of the spiral horned five, or go for another buff and leopard!

Regardless, I'm truly screwed.

Trump Won!
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by jorgeI

First - Gunner that is an awesome kudu!!! And you are right, many people go a long time and never see one that size, let alone shoot it.

Second - Jorge, if a full body mount bongo gets you fired up wait til you see a full body of a Lord Derby Eland!! A guy here local has one. I've seen it up close and personal. It will blow your mind. Not to mention he also has a full body bongo, along with a myriad of other trophies.

Last edited by Heeler; 05/25/16. Reason: Can't spell today.

He went over yonder way
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
I'm finding out how very undeservedly lucky I was Heeler, Thank You Sir! smile

I'll be back, thinking an Eland with a Sharps will be a nice cap on the return campaign. smile

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
really enjoyed that video!

thanks for sharing it with the rest of us

well done Gerry, fine trophy indeed.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Thank You 2L2Q, glad you enjoyed them, just got word I should be hearing from the Taxidermist any day now via e-mail, this is about to get really good. wink

Trump Won!
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Beautiful Jerry. But I didn't think you even needed a gun. Why didn't you just do this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8cDfnQD0ws

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

557 members (1minute, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10GaugeKS, 1Longbow, 01Foreman400, 62 invisible), 2,189 guests, and 1,279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,286
Posts18,448,851
Members73,900
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.